Simcoe Community Services Employee Reviews

A very rewarding job
Ontario, Public Sector, Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  39 Fraser Court Barrie ON L4N 5J5January 14, 2016
This Agency has been around for over 65 years and we help support people with intellectual disabilities.

The job I do is managing the purchasing duties to get the people things that they need for everyday usage and to help make their lives better.

My coworkers are a great bunch of people to work with.

The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the work load, and finding enough hours in the day. The team here really work hard together to get the tasks done.

I am the only one that is specifically works in purchasing and I have to stay very organized on tasks so that everything gets done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the people that we help support and that they are doing well living anyone of the 40 group homes that we run.
why
Full Time Overnight Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 10, 2016
this company needs to focus on their staff and clients more and not on the bottom dollar.. They are getting to big to fast and are going to start falling apart at the seams
Pros
the clients
Cons
the management
Supporting people in the community with Special needs
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 18, 2015
A very caring and interactive career. The people I supported were absolutley wonderful. The staff were supportive as well. The hardest part of the job was figuring out fun and interesting activities that all people supported would enjoy. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people supported to achieve daily and long term goals, and seeing smiles on their faces and hearing their laughter throughout the day.
Pros
contributing to the happiness in the people i supported and staffs lives
Cons
it was hard not to have an emotional attatchment to the people i supported, and it was difficult when i was transferred to different group homes within the agency
Case Management
Case management (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 3, 2013
Helped clients to develop their independent daily living skills in accordance with their individual care plan. Provided care for people who have complex and challenging needs in terms of their behaviour and emotional, psychological, and developmental well-being. Assisted clients with paying bills, reading, meal planning, cleaning, medicine management.
Pros
experience
Cons
heart breaking at times
I was a Student
Developmental Services Worker Placement Student (Former Employee) –  BarrieMarch 19, 2015
They treat students wonderfully, train and educate them with what they need to know. Overall a wonderful establishment
Great Summer Job, great hours, lost of fun, very rewarding and challenging
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 15, 2013
Worked at Youth In Action Day Camp. 8:45-4:14 (no lunch break)
Supervised 4 youth
Worked with 3 other staff members in Barrie, 2 in Orillia
Great Supervisor and Managers - very easy to talk to
Pros
some free meals, meeting new people, great references and life long experiences, great staff support
Cons
can be stressful at times
Great place to work and lots of learning opportunity
Frontline Caregiver of persons (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 10, 2012
Always new current training. Always ensuring staff is up to date with policies and procedures. A good communication system in place so everyone is on the same page with clients. Senior staff and supervisors are approachable and helpful.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
hard to move up from a position
Loved it!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 21, 2013
If I hadn't moved away, I would have worked here forever!! I would have done it for free. Such a great job, great people to work with!!