Silverberg Group was established in 1996 in response to a rapidly changing benefits industry and the need for specialized advice. We operate throughout Alberta offering specialized employee benefits consulting to companies of all sizes and all industries. With offices in Calgary, Red Deer, and Edmonton, our organization offers many services that are unique to the industry. We are proud of our ability to offer superior value for each employee benefits dollar. We provide access to a broad product portfolio to meet the varying wealth and risk management needs of our group and individual clients.
The individual will perform various data entry, technical support and system maintenance tasks in support of the organization’s operations. This position will contribute to the success of the team by providing hands-on administrative and technical support to the Account Managers, Sales Consultants, and the President through interaction with the insurance providers.
This position is in Calgary, Alberta.
- Provide support to the Sales and the Account Management teams. This process involves liaising with internal and external personnel by utilizing technical knowledge of Silverberg products and services;
- Accurately correspond with insurance providers regarding request for quotations, submitting specifications to insurers, and following up on amendments;
- Assist with the preparation of quotations, proposals, presentations and other related sales/service projects or tasks;
- Follow-up with all sales concerns and inquiries to ensure optimal client satisfaction and confirm effective resolution;
- Collect, analyze and interpret Life, Disability and Health and Dental Care data;
- Assist with ongoing management of employer group benefit plans including: analysis of financial reports and rate setting; review and revision of policy and benefit wording and calculation of cost implications of plan redesign;
- Develop an understanding of Life, Disability and Health and Dental Care plan design, cost factors and lead the renewal process;
- Prepare claims experience analyses and renewal documents for Account Managers and Sales teams;
- Accurately correspond with insurers regarding questions or group benefits plan details, in a professional, customer focused, courteous and timely manner;
- Work with all facets of group insurance; including confirming coverage to insured individuals and ensuring contracts are accurate;
- Maintain client files and databases, including documentation of contact with clients and insurers in CRM;
- Format and edit letters, memos, reports and presentations from draft to client-ready stage;
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned or requested by the team.
Group Insurance Technical Assistant
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree or college diploma relating to Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics and Risk Management Insurance
- Group Insurance industry experience is an asset, but not required
- Completion of Group Benefit Associate (GBA) within the first 2 years of employment
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Analytical Skills - Superior analytical and mathematical skills. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves thoughtful insights
- Strong computer and technical skills - High proficiency with MS Excel and Word, and PowerPoint
- Work Ethic - Excellent attention to detail. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done. Has a track record of meeting deadlines with accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Strategic Thinking - Able to see and understand the big picture. Identifies opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends
- Flexibility/Adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Calm Under Pressure - Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress
- Intelligence - Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Communication Skills - Excellent interpersonal; strong oral and written communication
- Multitasking - Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions, and prioritize workload effectively
- Team - Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attitude - A positive, “can-do” attitude with a customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, sincerity, and enthusiasm.
To learn more about our dynamic and growing company, please visit our web page http://www.silverberggroup.com.
If you are a highly professional and client-focused individual who has a positive attitude and a passion to succeed, please submit your resume by visiting our website.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check. No phone calls please.
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard