Silvera For Seniors

Silvera For Seniors Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
can do errors but this is a mistake
kithcen staff (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: if u r manager good for u, only meetings thats all
Cons: if u r floor staff awwooo always ur short every where
worked 2 years huge mistake .too many management no staffs .too many meetings no results ,too many papers no actions .its a management company where blind leading all .good if one is diable or non competitive join here best place
A busy engaged seniors residence
Dining Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: staff were marvelous at working together to get the job done
Cons: lots of unpaid overtime
Great staff, great residents,
inspired CEO,
day involved schedules, meal prep, ordering, warehousing, meetings with supervisor,
Excellent positive work environment
Administrative Assistant (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 12, 2015
Silvera was an amazing company that I loved to work with. It was a temporary position that I looked forward to waking up to every day.
Too much job,too low wage.
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary,ABNovember 14, 2014
I worked in "Silvera" asa supervisor in Calgary. Top-management don't know job "on the floor" and require to do much job.Very often they dive not clear directions. Many employees quit,because wages are very low,compared to other retirement homes. They hire a lot of ethnic minorities,because can pay lower wages.Turnover is hire:hire/quit/hire/quit. Even residents,living in the retirement home,told me in my first working shift:"We are wondering when you'll quit". No words. I quit in 3 weeks.
Fun place to work
Dietary Aide/ housekeeper (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
Pros: homecooked meals every day for a good cheap price
A typical day at work for me is getting desserts and vegetables prepared. Also helping the cook with any other tasks that need to be completed for the day and throughout the week that can be done in advance.

I've learned to cook and bake many different delicious meals and desserts.

Management is really good. There are always there to help if any problems come up either with other staff or residents. They do not like to tolerate with anyone being mistreated.

Co-workers are great and always fun to work with, They make coming into work something I look forward to.

Most enjoyable part of the job would have to be visiting with the residents and learning about them and make them feel happy and loved.
Low to mid income Housing for Sneiors
Assistant Facility Manager (Former Employee), Calgary AlbertaApril 15, 2013
Pros: lunch.
Cons: great residents
Dealing with sensative resident / family issues daily.IE.Incontinence,alcahol abuse,verbal and physical abuse, not maintaining hygiene.Latre rents,move ins,outs.Condusting move in and move out inspections.Staffing:payroll,scheduling hiring training.Performance management,corrective actions,terminations.And much more.