Human Resources Manager
Quality Hotel Fort McMurray
Full-time, Maternity Leave Coverage
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel management companies and manages over 20 hotels and resorts across Canada. We manage independent hotels and hotels operating under major franchise brands, such as Marriott, Hilton, Radisson, Quality, Best Western and Ramada.
We are looking for a HR Manager at The Quality Hotel Fort McMurray
Under the supervision of the General Manager, the HR Manager is responsible for executing associate focused initiatives to ensure SilverBirch is an employer of choice. Through effective training, compensation, associate functions and communication, the HR Manager will enhance the working experience and potential of all associates while maintaining SilverBirch stnadards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Administers and coordinates the recruitment process by posting positions, applicant screening, interviewing, conducting reference and background checks and completing offer letters and applicable paperwork for all new hires
- Ensures hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes
- Active member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee, including the preparation of all incident and accident reports
- Promotes cultural programs including the recognition program, associate orientation & success committee
- Completes performance measures reporting including turnover statistics, absenteeism and workplace accidents
- Maintains associate files, database and associate communication boards
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and oversee the day to day operation of the Human Resources Department as well as play a critical role in the implementation of the hotel's human resources strategy
- Assess organizational needs, develop aligned human resource solutions and implement strategies in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, recognition, administration and Colleague wellness
- Promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and fun
- Assist Departmental Leaders and Senior Managers with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in Colleague feedback
- Effectively manage the annual human resource budget
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Championing, communicating and executing of the company's Mission, Promise and Values.
- Actively participating as a member of the Executive Committee and working closely with all Executive team members in achieving the hotel's goals and objectives.
- Developing and coordinating Human Resources programs within the hotel in accordance with established Company policies, practices and procedures relating to: learning, recruitment, compensation & benefits, health & safety and colleague relations for a colleague base ranging from 80-100
- Providing functional direction and ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal and Provincial legislation including Workers' Compensation, Human Rights, Employment Standards, Labour Relations and keep abreast of all applicable legislation.
- Participating & complying with Federal Contractors Program and Employment Equity practices.
- Participating and directing hotel action plans for improved Colleague Engagement Survey results.
- Overseeing the Social Committee in organizing social and celebratory events that promote fun in the workplace, team spirit and work-life balance.
- Championing workplace safety programs to ensure regulation compliance, colleague awareness and an accident free workplace.
- Facilitating, in conjunction with hotel managers, open communication at bi-weekly leadership meetings and facilitating structure & delivery of quarterly General Staff Meetings.
- Ensuring departmental understanding and compliance with the Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Code of Ethics.
- Ensuring the hotel's Human Resource records comply with all Federal and provincial laws.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Human Resources Management or related discipline considered an asset;
- 5 years related experience in Human Resources required
- CHRP Designation considered an asset
If you are interested in joining SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, we want to hear from you!
SILVERBIRCH HOTELS & RESORTS IS SUPPORTIVE OF WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND ENCOURAGES APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
Apply by July 31st, 2014 to:
NOTICE TO POTENTIAL JOB APPLICANTS
If you are considering employment with us, please be advised that SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts
- does not require job applicants to pay a fee for a job application or opportunity; and
- does not make unsolicited offers of employment.
If you have been approached by any entity engaging in such practices who claims to represent SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts, please advise us immediately and contact either the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre at 1-888-495-8501 or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
SilverBirch Hotels & Resorts is one of Canada’s leading hotel and resort management companies, with over 20 hotels across the country. With...