With over 40 years of experience and part of Institut Mérieux, Mérieux NutriSciences helps advance science and solutions for food safety, quality and nutrition worldwide. Through its business units Silliker, Biofortis and Bioagri, it provides consulting, testing, auditing, education, sensory, innovation and contract research services.
Present in 16 countries through more than 60 laboratories and 4 000 employees, Mérieux NutriSciences’ vision is to improve health through better nutrition and safer food. Our vision is realized by our dedicated staff and their commitment to our four core values: Excellence, Integrity, Initiative and Accountability.
Context of the recruitment
Within the framework of a replacement, we are recruiting, for Silliker, a Microbiology Analyst. This job is based in Dorval, Québec.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Microbiology Analyst will directly report to the Laboratory Director. The incumbent is for responsible for preparing samples for processing and maintaining process documentation to facilitate microbiological analysis procedures.
- Prepares media according to approved procedures and according to the media requirement list prepared daily.
- Selection of media and reagents and weighing according to recipe sheets.
- Boiling of media and dispensing into tubes or bottles as required.
- Proper verification of dispensing volumes.
- Storage of media ingredients.
- Proper sterilization of media.
- Perform necessary cleaning, calibration and general preventive maintenance on equipment as per the requirement.
Education, knowledge and skills
Ideal candidate will possess laboratory experience or previous coursework in Microbiology, Food Science, or Biology. This person will be responsible for testing food samples using various microbiological analyses and maintaining documentation of the processes. Individual must be detail oriented, well organized and dependable. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to work in team environment. Schedule includes weekend and evening hours.
Qualified candidates please apply with your resume and cover letter.