The incumbent is responsible for performing Microbiological analysis on samples. This position directly reports to Supervisor - Microbiology Lab.
Retrieve samples from designated areas after login.
2. Prepare samples for analysis as per the procedure.
3. Perform testing as per the procedure and according to specified time limits.
4. Perform calculations, checking and interpretation of results where applicable.
5. Input QC data in LIMS and verify results as assigned.
6. Co-ordinate with other departmental personnel with analysis tasks to maintain smooth flow of work.
7. Perform analysis on control samples and interpret results.
8. Update logbooks and maintain records.
9. Perform necessary cleaning, calibration and general preventive maintenance on equipment as per the requirement.
10. Train analysts where required and participate in the training programs.
Ideal candidate will possess laboratory experience or previous coursework in Microbiology, Food Science, or Biology. This person will be responsible for testing food samples using various microbiological analyses and maintaining documentation of the processes. Individual must be detail oriented, well organized and dependable. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are required to work in team environment. Schedule includes weekend and evening hours.