The focus of this position is to ensure that the materials and resources flow through the company in a timely manner, while anticipating problems and developing plans of action in order to prevent such delays in an organizations workflow. This individual will utilize intermediate to advanced knowledge of inbound and outbound logistics and customs documentation for the Company, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers, clients and other departments within the company.
Provides a variety of inbound and outbound logistics and customs documenting to individuals at different levels of the organization and to any client by:
- Process all required paperwork, including cross border shipments, and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Acts as liaison between the brokerage houses and the Company.
- Monitoring the flow of materials and shipments to ensure on time delivery.
- Monitoring expenses and performance issues with contracted couriers.
- Prepare and package if necessary the materials that are being shipped via courier.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Reviews and approves transportation-related invoices for payment
- Troubleshoot any problems to ensure projects or process remain on schedule
- Confirm that work process is continuing on schedule by monitoring communication and work between departments.
- Traffic Controllers must also work with outside customers to develop a schedule for the delivery of products or resources.
- Manage deliveries with contracted couriers and ensure timely and accurate delivery of products to customers; manages timing of deliveries and packing schedules
- Develops and recommends improvements in current delivery practices to promote more efficient and accurate services with low costs.
- Establishes positive working relationships with customers.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery, general office supplies, office furniture, and other equipment.
- Create purchase requisitions and obtain approval prior to placing supply orders.
- Ensure backup tapes are changed daily.
- Answer and manage inbound telephone inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2-4 years work experience and 1 to 2 years in logistics
- Bachelor’s degree or Business Diploma/Certificate is desired
- Project management courses in scheduling, leadership and time management are assets
- Good knowledge of transport industry and traffic
- Good communication skills: oral and written.
- Proficient knowledge in MS office (excel and word)
- Ability to solve business challenges and develop good reasoning solutions
- Understanding of guidelines, direct response and customer experience
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate and mange materials
- Detail-orientated project management and communication skills
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong team player, proactive, and enthusiastic about obtaining great business results through creative project execution.
Indeed - 13 months ago