The Production Supervisor shall be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of production and operation workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators. The Production Manager shall ensure that production schedules are created and completed on time.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, e.g. assemblers, inspectors, fabricators, etc.
- Monitors production schedule and takes action to meet schedule deadlines
- Increase worker efficiency and production rates
- Monitor and assess employee performance
- Provide motivation for employees, increasing morale
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints and production issues
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
- Ensure that work orders are completed in a timely fashion, within budget
- Work with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other records / reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Consult with Quality Assurance staff and engineers on quality issues; accountable for the overall QA performance of the manufacturing unit.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Diploma in a related field
- University degree in related field is an asset
- 3 or more years’ experience as a production supervisor
- Production experience preferred
- Ability to work shiftwork
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Direct working knowledge of manufacturing operations, warehouse, and transportation management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous records maintenance skills
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Production floor safety issues
Indeed - 10 months ago
As a privately held family enterprise Silent-Aire systems has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC systems...