The focus of this position is to function as part of the engineering department at Silent-Aire, focusing on design and detailing for construction drawing production.
- Analyze design and product layouts to create construction details that meet performance objectives and adhere to a high standard of form, fit, function, appearance and quality.
- Ensure part details are correct for the manufacturing technology used.
- Develop product and part designs that work with production capabilities to ensure designs are completed in such a way that they can be fabricated.
- Develop computer-generated 3D models for parts and assemblies and prepare fabrication drawings with dimensions and tolerances using Autodesk Inventor based upon unit layouts provided by the mechanical design team.
- Ensure the designs and drawings are in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Develop BOM’s.
- Create and coordinate drawing revisions with the document coordinator ensuring accuracy and clarity of the change and how it will affect various departments.
- Assist in guidance for drafters regarding drawing accuracy and completeness as well as provide training and support in advanced topics within Autodesk Inventor.
- Evaluate completed construction packages and revise the models as required.
- Ensure proper drawings, quantities; BOMs are being passed to Document Control for issuing to production.
- Independently manage a workload consisting of multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Assist team members with execution of projects and orders.
- Manage and execute work tasks and projects efficiently
- Self-check own work prior to review by senior staff
- Manufacturing plant office environment
- Occasional travel to field worksite locations may require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Engineering Technologist degree or similar training/experience
- 2 to 4 years of work experience in 3D environment.
- Experience in manufacturing is an asset.
- Full proficiency in Autodesk Inventor is a MUST.
- Auto-Cad experience is an asset.
- A good understanding of basic manufacturing concepts (specifically sheet metal cutting and braking) is required.
- The ability to self-manage assigned technical activities including prioritization of work and rapid response to critical issues is a MUST.
- 3 or more years of experience supporting mechanical products and assemblies in a fast paced environment is an asset.
- Experience in HVAC or mechanical equipment design applications is an asset.
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner under tight deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
Indeed - 19 months ago
As a privately held family enterprise Silent-Aire systems has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC systems...