- Provide technical design support to the senior engineers within the engineering department.
- Selection and design of custom air handling equipment, including:
o Design of custom air handling equipment to client’s specifications.
o Selection of fans, coils and other equipment components.
o Costing of units and components.
o Production of equipment drawings and submittal packages.
- Assist with the development of new and innovative product lines and refinement of existing products.
- Interact with production; perform periodic inspections of units under construction.
- Participate in continuous product improvement.
- Be involved in many aspects of the business including support for estimating, business development and sales, production improvements and marketing.
- Independently manage a workload consisting of multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Assist senior staff with execution of projects and orders.
- Manage and execute work tasks and projects efficiently
- Self-check own work prior to review by senior staff
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Engineering degree
- Membership or eligible for Engineer-in-Training membership in APEGA (formerly APEGGA)
- One to four years of related experience in HVAC design or construction is an asset.
- Relevant or related course work or projects.
- Proficient with drafting in AutoCAD; demonstrated knowledge in proper drafting standards and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-starting, ability to manage multiple tasks on strict deadlines.
- Commitment to continuous technical learning and personal development, both self-directed and under the guidance of others.
- Experience with 3-D modeling, particularly with Autodesk Inventor, is considered an asset.
- Diligent, with an eye for detail
- Ability to perform under occasional stressful situations on tight deadlines.
Indeed - 19 months ago
As a privately held family enterprise Silent-Aire systems has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC systems...