The focus of this position is to function as part of the engineering department at Silent-Aire. Become an integral team member in a fast-growing and dynamic company. Assist the departmental engineers in executing all aspects of a variety of challenging and innovative projects.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data.
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations.
- Develop and prepare concept sketches.
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches.
- Operate computer-assisted drafting equipment.
- Prepare and interpret conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering, drawings, and specifications for machines and components.
- Prepare conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering, drawings and specifications.
- Respond quickly to the shop floor’s needs in response to addressing issues that may surface during production regarding the manufacturing specifications, Bill of Material, or routings.
- Independently manage a workload consisting of multiple projects with multiple deadlines.
- Assist team members with execution of projects and orders.
- Manage and execute work tasks and projects efficiently
- Self-check own work prior to review by senior staff
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- College diploma or University degree in mechanical engineering design and drafting technology, or a related field.
- 3 or more years of AutoCAD experience including standardized drafting practices.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor is considered a strong asset.
- 3 or more years of experience supporting mechanical products and assemblies in a fast paced environment.
- 3 or more years of related experience in HVAC or mechanical equipment design applications.
- Ability to develop accurate manufacturing specs in a timely manner.
- Ability to create preliminary designs or conceptualization of design.
- Ability to create freehand sketches / perspectives essential.
- Ability to create presentation drawings with perspectives using Auto-CAD.
- Detail drawings for HVAC equipment layouts and schematics.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Professional/mature demeanour under stressful situations.
Indeed - 2 years ago
As a privately held family enterprise Silent-Aire systems has been designing and manufacturing Custom HVAC systems...