Position Title: Set-up Technician
Reports to: -Process Technician Supervisor
Job Summary: Responsible for performing the set ups, start-ups, optimizing the IMMs, troubleshooting for new projects and existing production projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strict compliance to safety rules and procedures while on premises
- Responsible for the set-ups, start-ups, optimizing the IMMs, troubleshooting for new projects and existing production projects
- Up-time and productivity of all operating manufacturing cells
- Subtle process modifications of molding machines to insure product quality levels are maintained
- Communicate in industry specific terms to technical department issues and corrective action required to ensure productivity levels are maintained
- Change molds according to the production schedule and with required setup time.
- Change materials as required.
- Perform machine/material clean down including the line clearance as required.
- Perform the start-up of injection molding machines which includesrobots.
- Produce 1st off parts according to the standards provided by the quality department to meet customer requirements.
- Set-up machines to produce products at efficiencies/cycle standards provided.
- Maintain a clean safe and organized manufacturing environment.
- Maintain good labor relations climate with all employees.
- Ensures compliance to and works within the workers health and safety laws.
- Endorse and promote company’s vision and mission.
- Adherence to all GMP, clean room, and ISO procedures
- This is a brief summary of the daily duties and responsibilities. Management may alter or assign these or other duties and responsibilities as required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment and related processes.
- Ability to understand and then react to changes per SPC data, press and equipment controls to ensure a proper setup.
- Understanding of plant infrastructure.
- Comprehension of robotic systems and automation.
- Strong command and ability to communicate in industry technical terms.
- Good leadership skills.
Credentials and experience:
- Minimum of five years experience in comparable industry position, apprenticeship, and/or “Injection Molding Set-up” course at local college or training facility.
- Understanding of pneumatics, machine set-up, start-up, shut-down, and operation of molding equipment.
- Good communication skills written and oral. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work independently.
- WHIMIS training.
- Knowledge of GMP, Clean room, and ISO procedures.
- Continuing education related to job function.
- Sensitivity and feel for molding process and related technologies.
- Punctual and reliable. – less