Sikorsky Employee Reviews

Wonderful Product, Horrible product support
Dynamic Systems, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 15, 2016
A strong #4 on worst managed companies I have been associated with. Consistently mislead their customer base on deliveries of spare parts. Always looking for a scapegoat for late deliveries. They have been sold out of the parent company since my employment. Quite possibly the new company owners will fix the culture.

Sikorsky Engineering was a job that I had dreamed of since I was a young boy. My hiring manager was a 34 year veteran, he informed me that I worked there 25 years too late.
Pros
Good people and products
Cons
Several, constant management changes
Plane Captain / Aircraft Servicer (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJuly 12, 2016
It a great place to work and I worked the night shift. I enjoyed keeping the F-5 aircraft ready for the pilots. The company did a great job for keeping this contract for about 15 years and I wish they never had to leave the site.
Pros
Working the night shift
In transition
Program Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 5, 2016
LM working to rebrand
Commercial downfall is hurting company
LM may help win more jobs on Military side
More to come

OEM in transition

Well see in 2 to 3 years

Young talent
Very productive and could be fun
Electrial Installer (Former Employee) –  Composite WorkerJune 28, 2016
Meeting with the supervisor to keep us inform.
Lead person gave out special assignments for the day.
For the most part, everyone already has a designated area to build.
Go start or finish building it than put it into inspection, if there's no crab than you move on to the next task or if there are, than you fix them and put the work back for inspection.
Pros
Pay for school
Cons
Too many shorts breaks for smokers
Buyer Beware
Sr. Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 7, 2016
Bought by Lockheed-Martin last year, they immediately announce $150M cost savings goal followed by a 1500 Reduction In Force, so much for keeping talent
Pros
Indirect, no charge numbers
Cons
lack of accountability, screw the subcontractor at all costs and if they don't cooperate, throw our legal department at them
Great Place
Program Planning and Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 16, 2016
This is a great place work, hard to get in but worth it. Pay can be much better though. Most of the people who work there are very nice and knowledgeable.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 10, 2016
Productive workplace, highly motivated staff. I loved what I was doing and learned new skills almost every day. Overall, a great experience and was a pleasure.
Great people from all walks of life
Senior Analyst, Marketing - USGBO (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 9, 2016
In recent years, there have been a lot of changes with reorganization and acquisitions. This has caused a lot of uncertainty amongst the employees which, in turn, lowers morale. My hope is that, once the dust settles, we as employees can see pathways to a successful future. I personally believe that it will be a change for the positive but only time will tell.
Pros
The rewarding feeling of taking part in building aircrafts that save lives.
Cons
Way too many bureaucratic obstacles.
Productive and fun workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 6, 2016
Great company to work for with a nice work/life balance. Recently bought out by Lockheed. Hope work culture doesn't suffer.
Pros
Good place to learn new technology in rotary aircrafts.
Cons
Expensive state to work in.
Excellent Organization with a great cafe and flex hours
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 21, 2016
Great place to work everyone is professional and delightful. Management is stellar and very serious at what they do!
Great place to work!
Pros
Great flex hours
Work Summary
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, After Market Products (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 20, 2016
Great place to work and opportunities to move to various positions within the company. Great benefits and 401K. Not to stressful of an environment and will learn a lot from other co-workers and managers. Very goal driven company!
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Very well organized and supportive
ACE Pilot (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 17, 2016
Arrive at 7 and go through security and 4 doors before I got to my office. Perform required task and ensure my are was straight and organized. Learned a lot about lean management and ACE, Kaizans, Six Sigma and Root cause analysis. Co-workers were very competitive and that is good when you are all competing for the same goal of and ACE'd company. Resources were the hardest part of my job but I enjoyed the benefits that the company offered for outstanding work. Great bonuses and giveaways.
Good team developing rotary aircraft
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 6, 2016
I'd work there again. However, Sikorsky has a policy of 2 year limit for contractors. Seasoned staff, competent and dedicated to their craft.
Bureaucratic, poor benefits, unhappiness common
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 5, 2016
The company is very bureaucratic and very slow moving. It can't get out of it's own way, and does not offer meaningful advancement opportunities to top performers. It has a turnover crisis, which managers are aware of, but because sales have been bad, is too preoccupied to fix the human capital issues.

Talented, smart, motivated people are very quick to leave, resulting in the worst performers getting promoted. That's who leads the business, those not good enough to go elsewhere or happy with a cozy job.

Also, don't think the jobs are that cozy because there have been frequent layoffs over the past several years. The company is desperate to cut costs, but has no plan or systematic means of doing so because they do not offer the flexibility or funding needed to encourage and test out new ideas.
Pros
Awesome product
Cons
Slow moving, no advancement opportunities, poor management, bad benefits
Sikorsky is a world class business
Senior Airframe / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 4, 2016
I have no complaints, Sikorsky has been good to me for 20 years.

They always manage to get more business when times are lean.
Productive and fun work place with a lax atmosphere
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 4, 2016
Management is great, doesn't micromanager, co-workers were excellent, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting a good deal, the hardest part was writing the lost justificationso.
I would not recommend this place of business for employment to anyone
Executive Admin Asst to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 1, 2016
I was a 2 year contractor through Personnel Resources. I worked underneath the General Manager, who is longer located in Troy. The GM promised me a full-time permanent position but decided to take a job within the company up North, which left me out of a job because he did not keep me on as promised.
Proactive and challenging environment to work at
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 24, 2016
It's a well and friendly environment full of daily task and meetings for the soul purpose of growing and enhancing the company and services. There’s a lot of team cooperation between management and coworkers around the company.
Pros
Work flexibility when needed
military environment
Mech 1 (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 6, 2016
three shift work days. Coworkers are almost all ex military and very friendly. Lots of experience with aircraft airframe, engine work, fuel tank, and tire maintenance. must provide all your tools.
Standard public corporate no-frills company
Aftermarket Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 1, 2016
A company with good job security and opportunity for advancement, but a no-frills environment and a culture that doesn't emphasize value on employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor corporate culture