Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employee Reviews

Great Place
Program Planning and Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 16, 2016
This is a great place work, hard to get in but worth it. Pay can be much better though. Most of the people who work there are very nice and knowledgeable.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 10, 2016
Productive workplace, highly motivated staff. I loved what I was doing and learned new skills almost every day. Overall, a great experience and was a pleasure.
Great people from all walks of life
Senior Analyst, Marketing - USGBO (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 9, 2016
In recent years, there have been a lot of changes with reorganization and acquisitions. This has caused a lot of uncertainty amongst the employees which, in turn, lowers morale. My hope is that, once the dust settles, we as employees can see pathways to a successful future. I personally believe that it will be a change for the positive but only time will tell.
Pros
The rewarding feeling of taking part in building aircrafts that save lives.
Cons
Way too many bureaucratic obstacles.
Excellent Organization with a great cafe and flex hours
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 21, 2016
Great place to work everyone is professional and delightful. Management is stellar and very serious at what they do!
Great place to work!
Pros
Great flex hours
Work Summary
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, After Market Products (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 20, 2016
Great place to work and opportunities to move to various positions within the company. Great benefits and 401K. Not to stressful of an environment and will learn a lot from other co-workers and managers. Very goal driven company!
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Very well organized and supportive
ACE Pilot (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 17, 2016
Arrive at 7 and go through security and 4 doors before I got to my office. Perform required task and ensure my are was straight and organized. Learned a lot about lean management and ACE, Kaizans, Six Sigma and Root cause analysis. Co-workers were very competitive and that is good when you are all competing for the same goal of and ACE'd company. Resources were the hardest part of my job but I enjoyed the benefits that the company offered for outstanding work. Great bonuses and giveaways.
Good team developing rotary aircraft
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 6, 2016
I'd work there again. However, Sikorsky has a policy of 2 year limit for contractors. Seasoned staff, competent and dedicated to their craft.
Bureaucratic, poor benefits, unhappiness common
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 5, 2016
The company is very bureaucratic and very slow moving. It can't get out of it's own way, and does not offer meaningful advancement opportunities to top performers. It has a turnover crisis, which managers are aware of, but because sales have been bad, is too preoccupied to fix the human capital issues.

Talented, smart, motivated people are very quick to leave, resulting in the worst performers getting promoted. That's who leads the business, those not good enough to go elsewhere or happy with a cozy job.

Also, don't think the jobs are that cozy because there have been frequent layoffs over the past several years. The company is desperate to cut costs, but has no plan or systematic means of doing so because they do not offer the flexibility or funding needed to encourage and test out new ideas.
Pros
Awesome product
Cons
Slow moving, no advancement opportunities, poor management, bad benefits
Sikorsky is a world class business
Senior Airframe / Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 4, 2016
I have no complaints, Sikorsky has been good to me for 20 years.

They always manage to get more business when times are lean.
Productive and fun work place with a lax atmosphere
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 4, 2016
Management is great, doesn't micromanager, co-workers were excellent, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting a good deal, the hardest part was writing the lost justificationso.
I would not recommend this place of business for employment to anyone
Executive Admin Asst to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 1, 2016
I was a 2 year contractor through Personnel Resources. I worked underneath the General Manager, who is longer located in Troy. The GM promised me a full-time permanent position but decided to take a job within the company up North, which left me out of a job because he did not keep me on as promised.
Proactive and challenging environment to work at
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 24, 2016
It's a well and friendly environment full of daily task and meetings for the soul purpose of growing and enhancing the company and services. There’s a lot of team cooperation between management and coworkers around the company.
Pros
Work flexibility when needed
military environment
Mech 1 (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 6, 2016
three shift work days. Coworkers are almost all ex military and very friendly. Lots of experience with aircraft airframe, engine work, fuel tank, and tire maintenance. must provide all your tools.
Standard public corporate no-frills company
Aftermarket Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 1, 2016
A company with good job security and opportunity for advancement, but a no-frills environment and a culture that doesn't emphasize value on employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor corporate culture
Professional Environment,
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 25, 2016
I learned how to behave in a corporate company, increased my knowledge about helicopters, and enjoyed the work I am doing on a daily basis.
Pros
Awesome product.
Cons
None.
Worked in the Proposals Dept.- Great group of Ladies
Production Media Freelance (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTFebruary 3, 2016
- Managed weekly projects
-Completed Daily Tasks needed at hand in Department
-There are some fantastic people that work at Sikorsky
Great Company
Final Assembly Inspector (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 28, 2016
Sikorsky Aircraft is a great company that supports further education and upward momentum. I have worked here 10 years and have been happy with the experience.
Chaotic environment with unrealistic expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJanuary 21, 2016
The average work day was unpredictable, very stressful, and chaotic. The upper management team always stayed in a reactive state, as opposed to being proactive and well planned. The COO would actually verbally harass the floor technicians on a daily basis, so image how he treated his direct reports. We seemed to be in a constant upheaval and everyone was expected to work long days and even weekends, with no end in sight.
Good management, multiple company environment, and 3PL interaction
Non Conformance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  XPO Logstics, Fairburn, GAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day is working with the 3PL team to resolve process challenges and moving aerospace materials to their final destination.
Lessons learned: multiple company interactions creates opportunity to share accomplishment for future advancements in productivity.
The management was very supportive in providing a good work environment.
The co-workers are excellent partners in managing the daily operational needs of the multi-company site.
The hardest part of the job was supporting production increases and the 3PL turnover in personnel.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to bring this site online. And working for United Technologies Corporation and Sikorsky Aircraft Company.
Pros
Flex time, Lockheed Martin acquisition and work challenges
Cons
3PL work challenges
Sikorsky
CH-53K GSE Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 11, 2016
good place to work, very flexible work hours. kind upper management. Easy to get along with other employees. Security staff is great and so is food.