Sikorsky Employee Reviews

Wonderful Product, Horrible product support
Dynamic Systems, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 15, 2016
A strong #4 on worst managed companies I have been associated with. Consistently mislead their customer base on deliveries of spare parts. Always looking for a scapegoat for late deliveries. They have been sold out of the parent company since my employment. Quite possibly the new company owners will fix the culture.

Sikorsky Engineering was a job that I had dreamed of since I was a young boy. My hiring manager was a 34 year veteran, he informed me that I worked there 25 years too late.
Pros
Good people and products
Cons
Several, constant management changes
Very productive and could be fun
Electrial Installer (Former Employee) –  Composite WorkerJune 28, 2016
Meeting with the supervisor to keep us inform.
Lead person gave out special assignments for the day.
For the most part, everyone already has a designated area to build.
Go start or finish building it than put it into inspection, if there's no crab than you move on to the next task or if there are, than you fix them and put the work back for inspection.
Pros
Pay for school
Cons
Too many shorts breaks for smokers
Good Employer
Manufacturing Engineering Liaison (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 8, 2016
Challenging work with tight dead lines but you get to see and do things most people never do work in the Aerospace business very unique. Never the same day twice, which is great because being on the manufacturing floor requires strong problem solving skills which keeps everything fresh all it can be overwhelming at time because of the scale.
Great people from all walks of life
Senior Analyst, Marketing - USGBO (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 9, 2016
In recent years, there have been a lot of changes with reorganization and acquisitions. This has caused a lot of uncertainty amongst the employees which, in turn, lowers morale. My hope is that, once the dust settles, we as employees can see pathways to a successful future. I personally believe that it will be a change for the positive but only time will tell.
Pros
The rewarding feeling of taking part in building aircrafts that save lives.
Cons
Way too many bureaucratic obstacles.
Very well organized and supportive
ACE Pilot (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 17, 2016
Arrive at 7 and go through security and 4 doors before I got to my office. Perform required task and ensure my are was straight and organized. Learned a lot about lean management and ACE, Kaizans, Six Sigma and Root cause analysis. Co-workers were very competitive and that is good when you are all competing for the same goal of and ACE'd company. Resources were the hardest part of my job but I enjoyed the benefits that the company offered for outstanding work. Great bonuses and giveaways.
Buyer Beware
Sr. Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 7, 2016
Bought by Lockheed-Martin last year, they immediately announce $150M cost savings goal followed by a 1500 Reduction In Force, so much for keeping talent
Pros
Indirect, no charge numbers
Cons
lack of accountability, screw the subcontractor at all costs and if they don't cooperate, throw our legal department at them
I would not recommend this place of business for employment to anyone
Executive Admin Asst to the General Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 1, 2016
I was a 2 year contractor through Personnel Resources. I worked underneath the General Manager, who is longer located in Troy. The GM promised me a full-time permanent position but decided to take a job within the company up North, which left me out of a job because he did not keep me on as promised.
Plane Captain / Aircraft Servicer (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJuly 12, 2016
It a great place to work and I worked the night shift. I enjoyed keeping the F-5 aircraft ready for the pilots. The company did a great job for keeping this contract for about 15 years and I wish they never had to leave the site.
Pros
Working the night shift
Work Summary
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, After Market Products (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 20, 2016
Great place to work and opportunities to move to various positions within the company. Great benefits and 401K. Not to stressful of an environment and will learn a lot from other co-workers and managers. Very goal driven company!
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Bureaucratic, poor benefits, unhappiness common
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 5, 2016
The company is very bureaucratic and very slow moving. It can't get out of it's own way, and does not offer meaningful advancement opportunities to top performers. It has a turnover crisis, which managers are aware of, but because sales have been bad, is too preoccupied to fix the human capital issues.

Talented, smart, motivated people are very quick to leave, resulting in the worst performers getting promoted. That's who leads the business, those not good enough to go elsewhere or happy with a cozy job.

Also, don't think the jobs are that cozy because there have been frequent layoffs over the past several years. The company is desperate to cut costs, but has no plan or systematic means of doing so because they do not offer the flexibility or funding needed to encourage and test out new ideas.
Pros
Awesome product
Cons
Slow moving, no advancement opportunities, poor management, bad benefits
Proactive and challenging environment to work at
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMarch 24, 2016
It's a well and friendly environment full of daily task and meetings for the soul purpose of growing and enhancing the company and services. There’s a lot of team cooperation between management and coworkers around the company.
Pros
Work flexibility when needed
Chaotic environment with unrealistic expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJanuary 21, 2016
The average work day was unpredictable, very stressful, and chaotic. The upper management team always stayed in a reactive state, as opposed to being proactive and well planned. The COO would actually verbally harass the floor technicians on a daily basis, so image how he treated his direct reports. We seemed to be in a constant upheaval and everyone was expected to work long days and even weekends, with no end in sight.
Sheet Metal
Sheet metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
Short term contract performing basic sheet metal duties such as metal and fiberglass repair. No defined job purpose. Worked with military to fill needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No direct supervision
Productive and fun workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 6, 2016
Great company to work for with a nice work/life balance. Recently bought out by Lockheed. Hope work culture doesn't suffer.
Pros
Good place to learn new technology in rotary aircrafts.
Cons
Expensive state to work in.
In transition
Program Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 5, 2016
LM working to rebrand
Commercial downfall is hurting company
LM may help win more jobs on Military side
More to come

OEM in transition

Well see in 2 to 3 years

Young talent
It is OK for now.
Aircraft Contractor (Current Employee) –  Coatesville, PADecember 30, 2015
An OK place to work. They treat employees fairly for the most part. nothing great or bad about this place. I have worked at facilities that send contractors home when it is slow,,, so they have been good at finding us work instead of sending us home without pay. However, alot of uncertainty heading into 2016.
Pros
Cafeteria on site, three or four break rooms with vending machines.
Cons
My department lacks co-worker profesionalism towards each other.
Productive and fun work place with a lax atmosphere
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 4, 2016
Management is great, doesn't micromanager, co-workers were excellent, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting a good deal, the hardest part was writing the lost justificationso.
Good management, multiple company environment, and 3PL interaction
Non Conformance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  XPO Logstics, Fairburn, GAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day is working with the 3PL team to resolve process challenges and moving aerospace materials to their final destination.
Lessons learned: multiple company interactions creates opportunity to share accomplishment for future advancements in productivity.
The management was very supportive in providing a good work environment.
The co-workers are excellent partners in managing the daily operational needs of the multi-company site.
The hardest part of the job was supporting production increases and the 3PL turnover in personnel.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to bring this site online. And working for United Technologies Corporation and Sikorsky Aircraft Company.
Pros
Flex time, Lockheed Martin acquisition and work challenges
Cons
3PL work challenges
Excellent Organization with a great cafe and flex hours
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 21, 2016
Great place to work everyone is professional and delightful. Management is stellar and very serious at what they do!
Great place to work!
Pros
Great flex hours
Great Place
Program Planning and Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 16, 2016
This is a great place work, hard to get in but worth it. Pay can be much better though. Most of the people who work there are very nice and knowledgeable.