Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
MANUFACTURING FABRICATOR
Fabricator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no cons
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
WORKED ALONGSIDE WONDERFUL PEOPLE.
I KNEW MY JOB AND WAS WILLING TO HELP OTHERS IN THE SAME FIELD IF THEY NEED HELP.
Good stable environment
Warehouse / Driver (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAAugust 27, 2014
Good people to work around and just absolute good environment and great workplace
Excelent Benefits
Senior Electrical Installer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 19, 2014
Excellent benefits and an awesome experience builder. My favorite part of the job is, knowing that we were assisting our troops, and watching something you had hand in building fly!
Not a Good place
helicopter mechanic (Former Employee), Daggett Barstow CaliforniaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: schools
Cons: bad management
I Got hire last year as a helicopter mechanic . My first day off work they had change our managers . Second day of work I star find out that most of the employees were not experience at all as they enforced on their requirements. I got harassment buy the manager few times and to top it off I found out he was not a certified helicopter mechanic . So – more... I got injured at home really bad my doctor put me out off work for a week then company calls me I'm fire because I fail my drug test so I got a attorney and before I got to file for court they call me that it was all a mistake . I really have a bad experience with this people idk how a big company like this can have a contract with a federal agency . Guess who takes decision on aircraft to fly or not a manager that don't even has a idea how to track and balance . All he did was fly in the military . I feel bad for the people that they are flying these aircraft . They should have a manager that he certified mechanic not a pilot that runs maintenance department. – less
2nd shift Paint shop mgr. and lead are clueless.
aircraft painter (Former Employee), Coatesville, Pa.July 8, 2014
Pros: i am not working there no more...
Cons: poor product knowledge & leadership.
The paint mgr. (2nd shift) just happens to be married to the 1st shift Supervisor's sister. He didn't know what a paper machine was for the painting process, With no product knowledge Sikorsky allows these people to run the show. Most everyone in the paint shop is looking for a way out. Ps. Most employees are contractors only a hand full of direct employees.
Wonderful place to work.
Training Information and Learning Analyst (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLJuly 8, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Sikorsky. A great place to work, nice people.
Very Fast Paced Office Environment, Great People to work with, Always working with employees to better themselves, bi-yearly employee reviews
Sr.Customer Service Rep/Materials Planner/Analyst (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJuly 2, 2014
Pros: great folks to work with and socialize with on a occassion!
Cons: women still get paid less than there male counterparts.
Sikorsky is a globally positioned company. They look inward to promote before going outside. Every Employee is offered 100% re-imbursed Education with a passing grade. You can take part in all of the company sponsored seminars even if they don't pertain to your arena. They have a great Employee Medical Plan, with Personal Time off if deemed necessary. – more... They have a wonderful up to date medical facility. In my instance, I enjoyed the work I did so it made it a very pleasant environment. Management always acknowledged their employees. I would still be working there today but decided to marry after 26 years of work and relocate to the west coast of Florida. Unfortunately Sikorsky is actually on the East Coast, but too long a compute for me. – less
A meat grinder.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJune 23, 2014
I spent 3 years doing software work and eventually was laid off.
A blessing in the end. A strange place for sure, too many dinosaurs, well established in bureaucratic jobs that only serve to provide road blocks for simple processes.
The main plant in Stratford, CT, as far as parking goes borders on frustration and hilarity. Guards primarily serve as – more... parking attendants with guns, dedicated to towing cars of the "lower class" who park in the upper parking lot. That is, when you can find a parking spot.
Save yourself the aggravation and apply elsewhere. – less
Loved the concept of the company
IN HR (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: my boss
I worked in a specific department that was lead by poor management. I was a contractor and treated horribly. I was there for almost a year and never felt like part of the team. I found a better opportunity at the time, gave 3 weeks notice and trained my replacement not a thank you or anything the day I left.

I was in an administrative department, other – more... hiring managers seemed great! – less
technology company w/ large engineering community
Material Analyst, SCM (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJune 12, 2014
-most days 8-5
-direct managers are usually pretty relatable
-co-workers are pleasant
-higher level managers are not seen often
Fast paced production enviroment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMay 27, 2014
Pros: family day
Cons: employee morale, outsourcing, union plant.
I work 3rd shift.
Shift hours 23:30 P.M. to 6:30 A.M. I work from 11P.M to 9:00 A.M. Fast paced, on Shop Floor, meetings.
Multi tasking a Plethora of process.
Strictly Business.
Not all team players.
The Hours.
consistent learning.
a
Structural Analyst (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMay 15, 2014
Management has no "vision". Everything operates on a day to day deliveries with very few comprehensive plans for future growth.
Good place to work if you like to travel.
Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 14, 2014
Good place to work. International and domestic travel assignments. Opportunities to learn to repair,modify and maintain many different Sikorsky model Helicopters. The hardest is part of the job is being away from home for three to six months at a time. The management is top notch. The coworkers are helpful and easy to get along with.
Great job
Consultant (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMay 8, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment
I really enjoyed Sikorsky, the people were nice, welcoming, and invited the input of all employees.
Overall Excellent
Sr. Electrical Installer (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLMay 6, 2014
Good company-
Safety conscious
Goal oriented
Excellent working conditions
Excellent pay and benefits
Very Dependent on Government Contracts
Aircraft Mods Center Manager (Former Employee), Stratford CT, Off SiteApril 30, 2014
Pros: decent salary and benefits
Cons: production of military aircraft declining, market uncertainty
Last five years were very uncertain in terms of job security. Company has seen many lay-offs and I would expect to continue with defense department cuts. No notice of impending lay-off with no chance of applying for other positions to lesson impact on family.
Good company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAApril 26, 2014
Pros: good people to work for.
Cons: they do not want to pay a person what they are worht
I would work for them again if the opportunity was a good one.
n/a
Specialist Technical Directives (Former Employee), 6900 Main St. Stratford, CTApril 25, 2014
Extensive travel and lengthy stays at customer sites to over see modification, including oversea locations
Sikorsky Enviroment
Sr. Bench Hand Gears (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 4, 2014
Pros: christmas parties, company events, and good paying positions
Cons: job security, seniority, and corruption
A typical day at Sikorsky Aircraft, was indeed a positive feeling on the outlook ahead. I enjoyed learning how we fabricate transmission gears, for the BlackHawk Helicopter. The management and my co-workers, always knew what had to be done to make sure, all aircraft got to the customers on time. The hardest part the of job was, paying close attention – more... to work instructions, and paying attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing, that I was helping the United States Army saving soilders in, Iraq and Afghanistan. – less
Great benefits no work life balance
Buyer (Former Employee), Shelton, CTApril 2, 2014
Great benefits no work life balance. Management was lacking and mostly on your own to figure out how to do your job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A┬ásubsidiary – Read more