Sikorsky Employee Reviews

good place to work
helicopter mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GASeptember 11, 2016
good place to work, work is both indoors and out, work is governed by government, chance to advance, Good medical. Can be fast paced at times. Employee safety comes first.
Pros
chance to advance, good pay
Cons
driving to work
Productive and Stimulating Workplace
Engineering Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTSeptember 9, 2016
Sikorsky is an excellent company to work for. I gained a great deal of knowledge in the administrative, financial analyst, and coordinating fields. My co-workers along with the management team are very helpful and work well together. The job required much multi-tasking and attention to detail. Pro-active and self-initiated time management is a must for working at Sikorsky. The most enjoyable part of the job is the continuous learning.
Proud of what we were doing
Cost Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2016
I would typically begin work early in the morning before most employees entered the workplace (I feel I can get a lot of work accomplished at this time). I met some really great people that also work on the Sikorsky team, many of them I still stay in contact with. This job required me to verbally report on the financial and schedule status of the program to management. The preparation for these reports was very time-consuming and rewarding.
Staff Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTAugust 25, 2016
I started working here in 15 years ago, I was able to move up in rank. I have worked here for years and this is a great place to work. I am looking for something new to try.
This is my review from my years spent at Sikorsky.
Helicopter Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAAugust 10, 2016
Overall a great place to work. my team was friendly and knowledgeable. Everyday was a bit different work wise .I worked in the Flight Delivery Center where our primary function was to test fly the aircraft and prepare it for customer delivery at 100%. I learned many things there in reference to rotary flight. Management was fluctuating from week to week and there was no coherence in decision making . My co workers were great .I hated to see a lot of them leave ,weather by choice or not. The hardest part of the job is like anywhere , dealing with the mixed decisions of the upper echelons resulting in duplicate work and rework. Just working in the world of rotary flight! I still work on Helicopters in the PA Nat'l Guard. After two deployments I just would like to find a stable Helicopter company that provides security and longevity. For the past five years Sikorsky has been good to me but this Reduction In Force they have initiated three times since the five years I have been there makes for a difficult work environment ,never knowing if the next day you come to work will be your last. it's very stress full and frustrating.
Pros
Employee apprieciations events.
Cons
Continual layoffs.
Good Employer
Manufacturing Engineering Liaison (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 8, 2016
Challenging work with tight dead lines but you get to see and do things most people never do work in the Aerospace business very unique. Never the same day twice, which is great because being on the manufacturing floor requires strong problem solving skills which keeps everything fresh all it can be overwhelming at time because of the scale.
Sheet Metal
Sheet metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2016
Short term contract performing basic sheet metal duties such as metal and fiberglass repair. No defined job purpose. Worked with military to fill needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No direct supervision
Wonderful Product, Horrible product support
Dynamic Systems, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 15, 2016
A strong #4 on worst managed companies I have been associated with. Consistently mislead their customer base on deliveries of spare parts. Always looking for a scapegoat for late deliveries. They have been sold out of the parent company since my employment. Quite possibly the new company owners will fix the culture.

Sikorsky Engineering was a job that I had dreamed of since I was a young boy. My hiring manager was a 34 year veteran, he informed me that I worked there 25 years too late.
Pros
Good people and products
Cons
Several, constant management changes
Plane Captain / Aircraft Servicer (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJuly 12, 2016
It a great place to work and I worked the night shift. I enjoyed keeping the F-5 aircraft ready for the pilots. The company did a great job for keeping this contract for about 15 years and I wish they never had to leave the site.
Pros
Working the night shift
In transition
Program Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJuly 5, 2016
LM working to rebrand
Commercial downfall is hurting company
LM may help win more jobs on Military side
More to come

OEM in transition

Well see in 2 to 3 years

Young talent
Very productive and could be fun
Electrial Installer (Former Employee) –  Composite WorkerJune 28, 2016
Meeting with the supervisor to keep us inform.
Lead person gave out special assignments for the day.
For the most part, everyone already has a designated area to build.
Go start or finish building it than put it into inspection, if there's no crab than you move on to the next task or if there are, than you fix them and put the work back for inspection.
Pros
Pay for school
Cons
Too many shorts breaks for smokers
Buyer Beware
Sr. Subcontract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 7, 2016
Bought by Lockheed-Martin last year, they immediately announce $150M cost savings goal followed by a 1500 Reduction In Force, so much for keeping talent
Pros
Indirect, no charge numbers
Cons
lack of accountability, screw the subcontractor at all costs and if they don't cooperate, throw our legal department at them
Great Place
Program Planning and Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 16, 2016
This is a great place work, hard to get in but worth it. Pay can be much better though. Most of the people who work there are very nice and knowledgeable.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 10, 2016
Productive workplace, highly motivated staff. I loved what I was doing and learned new skills almost every day. Overall, a great experience and was a pleasure.
Great people from all walks of life
Senior Analyst, Marketing - USGBO (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 9, 2016
In recent years, there have been a lot of changes with reorganization and acquisitions. This has caused a lot of uncertainty amongst the employees which, in turn, lowers morale. My hope is that, once the dust settles, we as employees can see pathways to a successful future. I personally believe that it will be a change for the positive but only time will tell.
Pros
The rewarding feeling of taking part in building aircrafts that save lives.
Cons
Way too many bureaucratic obstacles.
Productive and fun workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 6, 2016
Great company to work for with a nice work/life balance. Recently bought out by Lockheed. Hope work culture doesn't suffer.
Pros
Good place to learn new technology in rotary aircrafts.
Cons
Expensive state to work in.
Excellent Organization with a great cafe and flex hours
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 21, 2016
Great place to work everyone is professional and delightful. Management is stellar and very serious at what they do!
Great place to work!
Pros
Great flex hours
Work Summary
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, After Market Products (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 20, 2016
Great place to work and opportunities to move to various positions within the company. Great benefits and 401K. Not to stressful of an environment and will learn a lot from other co-workers and managers. Very goal driven company!
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Very well organized and supportive
ACE Pilot (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAApril 17, 2016
Arrive at 7 and go through security and 4 doors before I got to my office. Perform required task and ensure my are was straight and organized. Learned a lot about lean management and ACE, Kaizans, Six Sigma and Root cause analysis. Co-workers were very competitive and that is good when you are all competing for the same goal of and ACE'd company. Resources were the hardest part of my job but I enjoyed the benefits that the company offered for outstanding work. Great bonuses and giveaways.
Good team developing rotary aircraft
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTApril 6, 2016
I'd work there again. However, Sikorsky has a policy of 2 year limit for contractors. Seasoned staff, competent and dedicated to their craft.