Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employee Reviews

Politics
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NY22 November 2016
If you enjoy getting involved with politics this is the job for you. Advancement opportunities are often decided by who you know and your ability to convince others that you are better then the rest. Compensation varies greatly from location to location.
Wonderful Product, Horrible product support
Dynamic Systems, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX15 July 2016
A strong #4 on worst managed companies I have been associated with. Consistently mislead their customer base on deliveries of spare parts. Always looking for a scapegoat for late deliveries. They have been sold out of the parent company since my employment. Quite possibly the new company owners will fix the culture.

Sikorsky Engineering was a job that I had dreamed of since I was a young boy. My hiring manager was a 34 year veteran, he informed me that I worked there 25 years too late.
Pros
Good people and products
Cons
Several, constant management changes
Bureaucratic, poor benefits, unhappiness common
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CT5 April 2016
The company is very bureaucratic and very slow moving. It can't get out of it's own way, and does not offer meaningful advancement opportunities to top performers. It has a turnover crisis, which managers are aware of, but because sales have been bad, is too preoccupied to fix the human capital issues.

Talented, smart, motivated people are very quick to leave, resulting in the worst performers getting promoted. That's who leads the business, those not good enough to go elsewhere or happy with a cozy job.

Also, don't think the jobs are that cozy because there have been frequent layoffs over the past several years. The company is desperate to cut costs, but has no plan or systematic means of doing so because they do not offer the flexibility or funding needed to encourage and test out new ideas.
Pros
Awesome product
Cons
Slow moving, no advancement opportunities, poor management, bad benefits
Good place to work. Good people.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PA20 September 2016
Usually a fast paced day at work. You learn everyday and teach fellow employees. Work with management to address and solve problems. Hardest part of job is dealing with the unexpected. Most enjoyable part is delivering a quality product to the customer.
Pros
Good work relationship with fellow employees and management.
Cons
Better benifits and pay
Very well organized and supportive
ACE Pilot (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PA17 April 2016
Arrive at 7 and go through security and 4 doors before I got to my office. Perform required task and ensure my are was straight and organized. Learned a lot about lean management and ACE, Kaizans, Six Sigma and Root cause analysis. Co-workers were very competitive and that is good when you are all competing for the same goal of and ACE'd company. Resources were the hardest part of my job but I enjoyed the benefits that the company offered for outstanding work. Great bonuses and giveaways.
Productive and Stimulating Workplace
Engineering Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CT9 September 2016
Sikorsky is an excellent company to work for. I gained a great deal of knowledge in the administrative, financial analyst, and coordinating fields. My co-workers along with the management team are very helpful and work well together. The job required much multi-tasking and attention to detail. Pro-active and self-initiated time management is a must for working at Sikorsky. The most enjoyable part of the job is the continuous learning.
Proud of what we were doing
Cost Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL1 September 2016
I would typically begin work early in the morning before most employees entered the workplace (I feel I can get a lot of work accomplished at this time). I met some really great people that also work on the Sikorsky team, many of them I still stay in contact with. This job required me to verbally report on the financial and schedule status of the program to management. The preparation for these reports was very time-consuming and rewarding.
This is my review from my years spent at Sikorsky.
Helicopter Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PA10 August 2016
Overall a great place to work. my team was friendly and knowledgeable. Everyday was a bit different work wise .I worked in the Flight Delivery Center where our primary function was to test fly the aircraft and prepare it for customer delivery at 100%. I learned many things there in reference to rotary flight. Management was fluctuating from week to week and there was no coherence in decision making . My co workers were great .I hated to see a lot of them leave ,weather by choice or not. The hardest part of the job is like anywhere , dealing with the mixed decisions of the upper echelons resulting in duplicate work and rework. Just working in the world of rotary flight! I still work on Helicopters in the PA Nat'l Guard. After two deployments I just would like to find a stable Helicopter company that provides security and longevity. For the past five years Sikorsky has been good to me but this Reduction In Force they have initiated three times since the five years I have been there makes for a difficult work environment ,never knowing if the next day you come to work will be your last. it's very stress full and frustrating.
Pros
Employee apprieciations events.
Cons
Continual layoffs.
I didnt like working there. Its all about "who you know".
Sr. Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  Troy, AL15 November 2016
This place was not a place i enjoyed working at. If you dont kiss managements feet, they werent interested in keeping you. They move you from your normal job to somewhere that you had no idea what to do.
excellent job, great benefits
Senior Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT8 December 2016
excellent place to work. work was rewarding and made you feel good. Working with ,many talented people. Benefits were great
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
Outstanding company for product - low esteem for employees
Coordinator/Group Leader in Procurement (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PA6 October 2016
Hi-Tech Aircraft Company that cared about there product
Excellent Benefits but not very thoughtful of there employees- overworked, underpaid.
Very Stressful and Demanding
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Work Summary
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST, After Market Products (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CT20 April 2016
Great place to work and opportunities to move to various positions within the company. Great benefits and 401K. Not to stressful of an environment and will learn a lot from other co-workers and managers. Very goal driven company!
Pros
Good work enviroment
Fast Pace Competive Enviroment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Connecticut29 October 2016
It is a fast pace environment and employees are expected perform and produce results. Good learning environment. Management is proactive in developing talent when they see a person has potential.
Great Company
Aviation Ordnance Technician (Former Employee) –  Key West, FL3 October 2016
A great company with excellent pay and benefits. Work ethic is outstanding. excellent company that treated the employees well. Sorry to see it lose its contract to a company that cut costs and integrity of the employees.
Good management, multiple company environment, and 3PL interaction
Non Conformance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  XPO Logstics, Fairburn, GA20 January 2016
A typical day is working with the 3PL team to resolve process challenges and moving aerospace materials to their final destination.
Lessons learned: multiple company interactions creates opportunity to share accomplishment for future advancements in productivity.
The management was very supportive in providing a good work environment.
The co-workers are excellent partners in managing the daily operational needs of the multi-company site.
The hardest part of the job was supporting production increases and the 3PL turnover in personnel.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping to bring this site online. And working for United Technologies Corporation and Sikorsky Aircraft Company.
Pros
Flex time, Lockheed Martin acquisition and work challenges
Cons
3PL work challenges
Standard public corporate no-frills company
Aftermarket Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CT1 March 2016
A company with good job security and opportunity for advancement, but a no-frills environment and a culture that doesn't emphasize value on employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor corporate culture
Productive and fun workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT6 May 2016
Great company to work for with a nice work/life balance. Recently bought out by Lockheed. Hope work culture doesn't suffer.
Pros
Good place to learn new technology in rotary aircrafts.
Cons
Expensive state to work in.
Great place to work.
Avionics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT4 November 2016
This company has its up sides and downs like most others but the good outweighs the bad. One of the best things about this company is opportunities. The company is always willing to let you try what you want and i think that's just great.
Poor training; odds stacked against you
Material Expediter (Former Employee) –  Troy, AL7 December 2016
Poor training; odds stacked against you.
Insufficient database that often reset and lost stored data and lost data pulled from supplier portal, making it nearly impossible to effectively complete job tasks but yet are still held to the standard without understanding.
Great company to work for with fantastic co-workers
contractor for RCMT (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT9 October 2016
Sikorsky Aircraft is a great employer. I was very fortunate to have worked there. I learned many things about the manufacturing atmosphere that I carry with me to my present and future job opportunities.