Sikorsky Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work if you are a hired employee
Material Control (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 19, 2015
I worked for Sikorsky for 2 years as a temp and they couldn't see their way to hire me as a full time employee.
I learned allot about helicopter parts, SAP and how helicopters are made.
There doesn't seem to a whole lot of logic or common sense in this companies management.
Most of my coworkers were really good to work with.
The hardest part of the job was watching the aircraft being built and knowing I have the skills to do allot of the work but not being allowed to do it.
Worth it!
part sorter (Former Employee), Troy, ALMay 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
Even though this was a temp job, I enjoyed the atmosphere, people, and the work. May one day I will get on full time.
It is a safe secure place to work.
Knowledge and smart crews @ Coatesville.
Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assembler (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Nice or better than nice benifit options - tools provided.
Cons: Computer station shortage in some work zones.
Smart methods applied to builds,
somehow unending parts supply issue.
I discovered a smooth flow that worked well each bird
each week, get in and grow !
Easy and Satisfying
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 22, 2015
Sikorsky is an easy and satisfying place to work. The workers and managers are always happy to be there and to work. The only downside is the number of layoffs that happen on a regular basis.
Repair battle damaged UH-60 Helicopters
Production Manager UH-60L depot repair team (Former Employee), Bogota ColombiaApril 20, 2015
Learned structural repair depot level on UH-60 Helicopters from the experts with many years of knowledge.

Worked with the Colombian Army.
Security Officer
Officer (Former Employee), Jupiter FloridaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good Job
Cons: nothing
Duties as a rover for the Sikorsky Aircraft site, to drive to the other two sites on the property and have important papers signed everyday. Made sure to drive through the flight line areas every two hours. swiping all entry and exit points. Making sure all is secure. The shifts are not easy they are sixteen hour shifts. there is no tolerance for tardiness or undone duties. There is always a strive for excellence.
enjoyed assembly of aircraft
assembler (Former Employee), Big Flats, NYMarch 18, 2015
Enjoyed the assembly of fixed wing aircraft and helicopter. Was proud of the finish product. great bunch of coworkers. Hardest part of job waiting on parts for assembly.
Stagnet and Unethical
Flightline Inspector (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: not professional, unethical, discrimatory
Its hard to believe that one of the largest manufactures of military aircraft allows complete mayhem and chaos from the assembly line works drug uses and violence to managements fraudulent billing and time control.
A enjoyable place to work
Lead Ground Test (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 8, 2015
The day starts with a group meeting on what is running in the test lab and what work needs to be done. Every day is different and can change at any time so we are always learning. Management is always willing to help with any issues and my co-workers all help each others and work as a team.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 6, 2015
It was a fun place to work at. I was able to work on many projects since I was a contractor which gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge which is what I wanted. Very demanding and Challenging but interesting and fun. Competition was the hardest part but I never gave up always gave the best of me and I succeeded working on great Projects where I was able to see my efforts.
Great Company
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), West Palm BeachFebruary 27, 2015
Great place to work. Exciting new developments. Great managers and coworkers. Fun ,energetic, and intellectually challenging.
Instrumentation Tech Senior (Current Employee), Jupiter FlFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: just manufacturing.....
Great company, but it doesn't offer a position in the career path that I am working toward. I am interested in the R/M field which is not offered here.
Structural Lab Technician, Contractor (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 4, 2015
Great experience working with Sikorsky ground test team on the CH-53K. Learned a lot from engineering and test mechanics.
Over work you, no room for advancement
Desktop Support Technician Level 2 (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: over work you, customers have final say, it dept. is very disorganized
Small team supporting over a 8,000 users, the work is never ending and they over work you. You can go above and beyond and it doesn't matter. No room for advancement or growth. IT dept is very disorganized.
Great opportunity to work with cross functional teams
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to work, learn about engineering, and Aviation
Good experiences
Financial Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 24, 2015
Was on 5-weeks contract assignment while temping at Accountemps. Had good working experiences.
Sikorsky
Aircraft Mechanic/Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Stafford, VAJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed the work, and the pace of the work environment. Because this was not a contract position, I felt I had some job security.
Helicopter Crew Chief (Former Employee), Big Flats, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: job security
Great place to work but unexpected layoffs and plant closings are the nature of the business.
Invaluable & informative Work Experience
Assoc. EHS Generalist-Water Program (Former Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: no cons, everything was a learning expereince.
Reported to the enterprise Enviornmental Compliance Manager, as well as interaction with VPs. I sucuessfully maintained the world class compliance established by those who procceded me. My personal growth outside of the office cannot be understated as well.
Good place to start off
Corporate Fitness Center Manager (Current Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 21, 2014
Sikorsky is a nice company to gain experience. Sikorsky also allows one to improve on networking skills. There is room for growth in all different fields. The employee population is relatively nice to work with and you will notice it is very diverse. Salary and Hourly employees differ in a lot of ways.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A¬†subsidiary – Read more