Sikorsky Employee Reviews

Great place
Belcan Tech Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FL30 November 2016
As a contractor I think Sikorsky is a great place to work at. Most of the people there have a military background, so being a former Marine it was a pleasure to work with them.
Politics
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NY22 November 2016
If you enjoy getting involved with politics this is the job for you. Advancement opportunities are often decided by who you know and your ability to convince others that you are better then the rest. Compensation varies greatly from location to location.
I didnt like working there. Its all about "who you know".
Sr. Aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  Troy, AL15 November 2016
This place was not a place i enjoyed working at. If you dont kiss managements feet, they werent interested in keeping you. They move you from your normal job to somewhere that you had no idea what to do.
Very productive
Ground Test Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT31 October 2016
Very good company to work for.very professional. Knowledgeable staff. Very safety conscious. A variety of projects to work with.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
Need more team work effort.
Fast Pace Competive Enviroment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Connecticut29 October 2016
It is a fast pace environment and employees are expected perform and produce results. Good learning environment. Management is proactive in developing talent when they see a person has potential.
Great company to work for with fantastic co-workers
contractor for RCMT (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CT9 October 2016
Sikorsky Aircraft is a great employer. I was very fortunate to have worked there. I learned many things about the manufacturing atmosphere that I carry with me to my present and future job opportunities.
Outstanding company for product - low esteem for employees
Coordinator/Group Leader in Procurement (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PA6 October 2016
Hi-Tech Aircraft Company that cared about there product
Excellent Benefits but not very thoughtful of there employees- overworked, underpaid.
Very Stressful and Demanding
Benefits
Cons
Stressful
Great Company
Aviation Ordnance Technician (Former Employee) –  Key West, FL3 October 2016
A great company with excellent pay and benefits. Work ethic is outstanding. excellent company that treated the employees well. Sorry to see it lose its contract to a company that cut costs and integrity of the employees.
Good place to work. Good people.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PA20 September 2016
Usually a fast paced day at work. You learn everyday and teach fellow employees. Work with management to address and solve problems. Hardest part of job is dealing with the unexpected. Most enjoyable part is delivering a quality product to the customer.
Pros
Good work relationship with fellow employees and management.
Cons
Better benifits and pay
good place to work
helicopter mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Benning, GA11 September 2016
good place to work, work is both indoors and out, work is governed by government, chance to advance, Good medical. Can be fast paced at times. Employee safety comes first.
Pros
chance to advance, good pay
Cons
driving to work
Productive and Stimulating Workplace
Engineering Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CT9 September 2016
Sikorsky is an excellent company to work for. I gained a great deal of knowledge in the administrative, financial analyst, and coordinating fields. My co-workers along with the management team are very helpful and work well together. The job required much multi-tasking and attention to detail. Pro-active and self-initiated time management is a must for working at Sikorsky. The most enjoyable part of the job is the continuous learning.
Proud of what we were doing
Cost Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL1 September 2016
I would typically begin work early in the morning before most employees entered the workplace (I feel I can get a lot of work accomplished at this time). I met some really great people that also work on the Sikorsky team, many of them I still stay in contact with. This job required me to verbally report on the financial and schedule status of the program to management. The preparation for these reports was very time-consuming and rewarding.
Staff Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CT25 August 2016
I started working here in 15 years ago, I was able to move up in rank. I have worked here for years and this is a great place to work. I am looking for something new to try.
This is my review from my years spent at Sikorsky.
Helicopter Technician (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PA10 August 2016
Overall a great place to work. my team was friendly and knowledgeable. Everyday was a bit different work wise .I worked in the Flight Delivery Center where our primary function was to test fly the aircraft and prepare it for customer delivery at 100%. I learned many things there in reference to rotary flight. Management was fluctuating from week to week and there was no coherence in decision making . My co workers were great .I hated to see a lot of them leave ,weather by choice or not. The hardest part of the job is like anywhere , dealing with the mixed decisions of the upper echelons resulting in duplicate work and rework. Just working in the world of rotary flight! I still work on Helicopters in the PA Nat'l Guard. After two deployments I just would like to find a stable Helicopter company that provides security and longevity. For the past five years Sikorsky has been good to me but this Reduction In Force they have initiated three times since the five years I have been there makes for a difficult work environment ,never knowing if the next day you come to work will be your last. it's very stress full and frustrating.
Pros
Employee apprieciations events.
Cons
Continual layoffs.
Good Employer
Manufacturing Engineering Liaison (Current Employee) –  Connecticut8 August 2016
Challenging work with tight dead lines but you get to see and do things most people never do work in the Aerospace business very unique. Never the same day twice, which is great because being on the manufacturing floor requires strong problem solving skills which keeps everything fresh all it can be overwhelming at time because of the scale.
Sheet Metal
Sheet metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 July 2016
Short term contract performing basic sheet metal duties such as metal and fiberglass repair. No defined job purpose. Worked with military to fill needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No direct supervision
Wonderful Product, Horrible product support
Dynamic Systems, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX15 July 2016
A strong #4 on worst managed companies I have been associated with. Consistently mislead their customer base on deliveries of spare parts. Always looking for a scapegoat for late deliveries. They have been sold out of the parent company since my employment. Quite possibly the new company owners will fix the culture.

Sikorsky Engineering was a job that I had dreamed of since I was a young boy. My hiring manager was a 34 year veteran, he informed me that I worked there 25 years too late.
Pros
Good people and products
Cons
Several, constant management changes
Plane Captain / Aircraft Servicer (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NV12 July 2016
It a great place to work and I worked the night shift. I enjoyed keeping the F-5 aircraft ready for the pilots. The company did a great job for keeping this contract for about 15 years and I wish they never had to leave the site.
Pros
Working the night shift
In transition
Program Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CT5 July 2016
LM working to rebrand
Commercial downfall is hurting company
LM may help win more jobs on Military side
More to come

OEM in transition

Well see in 2 to 3 years

Young talent
Very productive and could be fun
Electrial Installer (Former Employee) –  Composite Worker28 June 2016
Meeting with the supervisor to keep us inform.
Lead person gave out special assignments for the day.
For the most part, everyone already has a designated area to build.
Go start or finish building it than put it into inspection, if there's no crab than you move on to the next task or if there are, than you fix them and put the work back for inspection.
Pros
Pay for school
Cons
Too many shorts breaks for smokers