Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great benefits no work life balance
Buyer (Former Employee), Shelton, CTApril 2, 2014
Great benefits no work life balance. Management was lacking and mostly on your own to figure out how to do your job.
A very large diverse Aircraft manufacturing company.
Senior Financial Cost Analyst, Operations Finance (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 2, 2014
The workforce contains a lot of dedicated hard working employees but at many times it was a close knit corporate family. There are many opportunities to learn the various facets of the of organization while being a part of a very productive team.
Excellent career choice
Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work, meaningful and challenging work assignments
World wide field service management
Business Analyst, Field Service (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 28, 2014
Pros: full business experience
Cons: long hours
Long hours supervising over 150 employees. Great business experience, basically a company within a company.
Difficult place to work
IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 26, 2014
Work environment varies widely by manager. HR fails to keep young talent because of poor compensation. IT doesn't seem to care about quality, but rather making sure they hit deadlines. Poor management seem to progress in the company while technical roles are pigeon-holed.
worst place I have ever worked
Quality Technician (Former Employee), Troy, ALMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: most of the employee put the l in lazy, poor management team, hr doesn't care about the employees, i pray dcma inspections catch all of the crabby work. fmla is joke for this company.
Employees stay off work for three days and come in on overtime and sit on their butts and do nothing. The few good employees suffers.
Routine work
Program Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLMarch 14, 2014
Pros: freejim
Cons: lack of communication / feed back from management.
Challenging and enjoyable work place. I used to look forward to go to work. Management changes are not well coordinated,
Precision Grinder B (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 11, 2014
Pros: very clean and good environment work place
Cons: can not stand seeing lazy individuals doing nothing and get paid. :)
I have been working for them nearly 5 years, and due to the competitiveness of the market, company had to cut back on their staffing. I was one of the layoffs in 2013. Overall it's a great place to work, but the security is insecure. The knot in my stomach is still there even after i got laid off. :)
My typical day at work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Stratford, Ct.March 10, 2014
Pros: nice cafeteria
Cons: days were long.
My typical day at my last job was was primarily data enrtry of vital information.
I learned the operations and processes involved in helping other departments compltete their job.
Some of my co-workers were team players, others were not.
I think the hardest part of the job was getting some co-workers motivated to work with me.
The most enjyable part – more... of my job was knowing that what I did played a vital role in helping others get their job done more efficiently. – less
not a good place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAMarch 7, 2014
we worked very hard as contractors and the directs did not do very much. S76 was a nightmare.
Assembly
Avionics Assembler (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: union, management, government contracts
Assemble wire harness per specs with highest quality possible.
anyone who's crazy enough to go here need to have a mental evaluation
Assembly and Maintenance (Former Employee), Horseheads NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: parts shortages, back stabbing, no ethics, spend money on needless stuff not on things needed for job at hand, ace program is a joke
Upper management can't run a lemonade stand. Always trying to find a way to stick employees in the back. Don't trust a thing said
Education Assistance and Work Life Balance
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 16, 2014
Sikorsky is an execellent company with lots of opportunites and great job security.
Productive clean environment to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Jupiter, FLJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Produce the top helicopters for the US Military and the world. The use of ACE has made the company more competitive. The hourly workforce force is second to none when it comes to getting the job done.
Enjoyed working as a team with a cause for the company.
Inspector (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: felt pride in what i did.
Inspecting and rejecting of non conforming parts to specification. I ran the area the held the non conforming parts that were distributed to the departments for repair or scrap. A meeting was held with the engineers twice a week to decide if the parts could be saved or scrapped out. I processed the paper work to return the parts to the right departs – more... for rework as specified by the engineers. Or made sure the parts were scrapped out as required by the engineers. I kept records of all processes and reworked or scrapped and where the parts were released to.
The most enjoyable part was to have parts reworked and save the company money the hardest part was to have to scrap out parts. I enjoyed working with the engineers figuring our if it was possible to save the parts. – less
Suits and ties and office cubicles
Andrew Stepanoff - Training Supervisor (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: secure job and possibility for advancements
Cons: boring day to day and staring at a cubicle wall
If you like putting on a tie everyday and sitting in front of a computer this is the job for you. Although mindnumbingly slow and boring somedays the job security and benifits outweigh the loss of job satisfaction.
Sr. A/c Svc & Supt Tech-Electrical (Former Employee), Troy AlabamaJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: work load depends on goverment contracts
Enjoyed coming to work, great people to work with, co-workers are always wanting to help people in need. The work is rewarding to know you help build one of the best products in the world. Management are easy to work with.
Flexible work times
Commercial Programs Planning and Control Scheduler (Current Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: military companies are subject to constant budget cuts and layoffs.
This is a good place to work for they offer excellent benefits and the people I work with are really good at what they do.
Productive and fun enviornment
IT (Former Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 20, 2013
I tought classrooms of the all ages how to use a specific program that had become in high demand. The program was neccesary for tracking workflow of the staff to enforce accountability for ones mistake. Ive learned how to lead, teach with confidence, and how maintain an important position with important responsibilities .
Do a lot of research before accepting job in Woodland
Contractor/Consultant (Current Employee), WoodlandDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: ethics
The company has serious problems. Make sure you ask about the employee furlough program when they make an offer. Your actual pay will be thousands less than any offer. They also have an age discrimination problem.

This company has implemented production improvements that have actually increased manufacturing times and increased costs, rather than improve – more... them.

Employees are the best, but management is 3,000 miles away. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A┬ásubsidiary – Read more