Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management is driving the program into the ground.
Avionics Lead – S76D Completions (Current Employee), Thorndale, PAJune 20, 2015
looking for other opportunities. The product is starting to slip and it is all management driven. We are trying to build aircraft we are proud of and the company isn't letting us do it.
My Sikorsky Experience
Avionics Engineer (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great job, very invigorating
Cons: Bad break on the plant closing
Hired by Sikorsky for what appeared to be one of my best opportunities ever. 12 month contract as an avionics engineer. Facility happened to be the completion center at Horseheads NY. I was impressed by all of the people I worked with. It was full of hardworking individuals. A week after I started the word was given that it was to close in three months. It took the life and spirit away from the whole staff there. Including myself. I was given a break to stay on until the last week. I gained a lot of knowledge thanks to that (and my manager) so there were rewards despite the outcome. If ever given a second chance I would definitely work for the company again.
great place to work
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJune 15, 2015
best job I have ever had it was more like a hobby going to work every day , almost every day it was something new and exciteing to work on or do .
Good place to work.
International Marketing Program (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMay 26, 2015
My time sent in the organization was worth while. Learned a lot about the business, was encouraged to be proactive and participate. Very good company to work for.
Logistics
Logistics Service Representative (Current Employee), Owego, NYMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work starts out with a morning meeting that revolves around the maintenance, parts requirements, and schedule of the day for the aircraft we are currently in possession of. This is completed by a joint contract with another group. I will then balance multiple budgets required by our contractual agreements, acquire tooling by the means of purchase orders or borrow from other sites, order parts, chemical (Hazardous Material), and any other support equipment requirements for the daily tasks at hand. Monitor daily usage of parts stock, and create trends in usage spreadsheets. Complete daily inspections of prior issues whether they are chemicals, consumables, or aircraft parts. Maintain a constant view of calibrated equipment as well as cure dated chemical material for stock availability and waste stream management. The hardest part of my day is finding time to sit down and read through my emails for any other site-specific tasks that will require my support or expertise. These requirements can be as simple as shipping parts/supplies via carriers systems or maintaining a carrier spreadsheet with monthly or yearly cost and tracking information for price analysis for deliberation. They may also include conversations with subject matter experts in regards to chemical waste streams and state specific laws and chemical requirements upon the facility in which we work at.
Interesting place to work if you are a hired employee
Material Control (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 19, 2015
I worked for Sikorsky for 2 years as a temp and they couldn't see their way to hire me as a full time employee.
I learned allot about helicopter parts, SAP and how helicopters are made.
There doesn't seem to a whole lot of logic or common sense in this companies management.
Most of my coworkers were really good to work with.
The hardest part of the job was watching the aircraft being built and knowing I have the skills to do allot of the work but not being allowed to do it.
Worth it!
part sorter (Former Employee), Troy, ALMay 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
Even though this was a temp job, I enjoyed the atmosphere, people, and the work. May one day I will get on full time.
It is a safe secure place to work.
Knowledge and smart crews @ Coatesville.
Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assembler (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Nice or better than nice benifit options - tools provided.
Cons: Computer station shortage in some work zones.
Smart methods applied to builds,
somehow unending parts supply issue.
I discovered a smooth flow that worked well each bird
each week, get in and grow !
Easy and Satisfying
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 22, 2015
Sikorsky is an easy and satisfying place to work. The workers and managers are always happy to be there and to work. The only downside is the number of layoffs that happen on a regular basis.
Repair battle damaged UH-60 Helicopters
Production Manager UH-60L depot repair team (Former Employee), Bogota ColombiaApril 20, 2015
Learned structural repair depot level on UH-60 Helicopters from the experts with many years of knowledge.

Worked with the Colombian Army.
Security Officer
Officer (Former Employee), Jupiter FloridaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good Job
Cons: nothing
Duties as a rover for the Sikorsky Aircraft site, to drive to the other two sites on the property and have important papers signed everyday. Made sure to drive through the flight line areas every two hours. swiping all entry and exit points. Making sure all is secure. The shifts are not easy they are sixteen hour shifts. there is no tolerance for tardiness or undone duties. There is always a strive for excellence.
enjoyed assembly of aircraft
assembler (Former Employee), Big Flats, NYMarch 18, 2015
Enjoyed the assembly of fixed wing aircraft and helicopter. Was proud of the finish product. great bunch of coworkers. Hardest part of job waiting on parts for assembly.
Stagnet and Unethical
Flightline Inspector (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: not professional, unethical, discrimatory
Its hard to believe that one of the largest manufactures of military aircraft allows complete mayhem and chaos from the assembly line works drug uses and violence to managements fraudulent billing and time control.
A enjoyable place to work
Lead Ground Test (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 8, 2015
The day starts with a group meeting on what is running in the test lab and what work needs to be done. Every day is different and can change at any time so we are always learning. Management is always willing to help with any issues and my co-workers all help each others and work as a team.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 6, 2015
It was a fun place to work at. I was able to work on many projects since I was a contractor which gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge which is what I wanted. Very demanding and Challenging but interesting and fun. Competition was the hardest part but I never gave up always gave the best of me and I succeeded working on great Projects where I was able to see my efforts.
Great Company
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), West Palm BeachFebruary 27, 2015
Great place to work. Exciting new developments. Great managers and coworkers. Fun ,energetic, and intellectually challenging.
Sikorsky
Instrumentation Tech Senior (Current Employee), Jupiter FlFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: just manufacturing.....
Great company, but it doesn't offer a position in the career path that I am working toward. I am interested in the R/M field which is not offered here.
Structural Lab Technician, Contractor (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 4, 2015
Great experience working with Sikorsky ground test team on the CH-53K. Learned a lot from engineering and test mechanics.
Over work you, no room for advancement
Desktop Support Technician Level 2 (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: over work you, customers have final say, it dept. is very disorganized
Small team supporting over a 8,000 users, the work is never ending and they over work you. You can go above and beyond and it doesn't matter. No room for advancement or growth. IT dept is very disorganized.
Great opportunity to work with cross functional teams
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to work, learn about engineering, and Aviation

1 2 3 4 5

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A subsidiary – Read more