Sikorsky Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyed assembly of aircraft
assembler (Former Employee), Big Flats, NYMarch 18, 2015
Enjoyed the assembly of fixed wing aircraft and helicopter. Was proud of the finish product. great bunch of coworkers. Hardest part of job waiting on parts for assembly.
Stagnet and Unethical
Flightline Inspector (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: not professional, unethical, discrimatory
Its hard to believe that one of the largest manufactures of military aircraft allows complete mayhem and chaos from the assembly line works drug uses and violence to managements fraudulent billing and time control.
A enjoyable place to work
Lead Ground Test (Current Employee), Stratford, CTMarch 8, 2015
The day starts with a group meeting on what is running in the test lab and what work needs to be done. Every day is different and can change at any time so we are always learning. Management is always willing to help with any issues and my co-workers all help each others and work as a team.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Shelton, CTMarch 6, 2015
It was a fun place to work at. I was able to work on many projects since I was a contractor which gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge which is what I wanted. Very demanding and Challenging but interesting and fun. Competition was the hardest part but I never gave up always gave the best of me and I succeeded working on great Projects where I was able to see my efforts.
Great Company
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), West Palm BeachFebruary 27, 2015
Great place to work. Exciting new developments. Great managers and coworkers. Fun ,energetic, and intellectually challenging.
Instrumentation Tech Senior (Current Employee), Jupiter FlFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: just manufacturing.....
Great company, but it doesn't offer a position in the career path that I am working toward. I am interested in the R/M field which is not offered here.
Structural Lab Technician, Contractor (Former Employee), Stratford, CTFebruary 4, 2015
Great experience working with Sikorsky ground test team on the CH-53K. Learned a lot from engineering and test mechanics.
Over work you, no room for advancement
Desktop Support Technician Level 2 (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: over work you, customers have final say, it dept. is very disorganized
Small team supporting over a 8,000 users, the work is never ending and they over work you. You can go above and beyond and it doesn't matter. No room for advancement or growth. IT dept is very disorganized.
Great opportunity to work with cross functional teams
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to work, learn about engineering, and Aviation
Good experiences
Financial Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJanuary 24, 2015
Was on 5-weeks contract assignment while temping at Accountemps. Had good working experiences.
Sikorsky
Aircraft Mechanic/Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Stafford, VAJanuary 15, 2015
I enjoyed the work, and the pace of the work environment. Because this was not a contract position, I felt I had some job security.
Helicopter Crew Chief (Former Employee), Big Flats, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: job security
Great place to work but unexpected layoffs and plant closings are the nature of the business.
Invaluable & informative Work Experience
Assoc. EHS Generalist-Water Program (Former Employee), Stratford, CTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: no cons, everything was a learning expereince.
Reported to the enterprise Enviornmental Compliance Manager, as well as interaction with VPs. I sucuessfully maintained the world class compliance established by those who procceded me. My personal growth outside of the office cannot be understated as well.
Good place to start off
Corporate Fitness Center Manager (Current Employee), Stratford, CTNovember 21, 2014
Sikorsky is a nice company to gain experience. Sikorsky also allows one to improve on networking skills. There is room for growth in all different fields. The employee population is relatively nice to work with and you will notice it is very diverse. Salary and Hourly employees differ in a lot of ways.
blah
Flight Test Aircraft Manager & ACE Associate (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: lots of unnecessary butt kissing
Cons: idiotic management
corporate conjunctivitis. lazy union people getting paid way too much to do too little and complaining the entire time
Great company to work for
Hydraulic Installer Checkout / Spar Fabricator (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 19, 2014
Sikorsky was a great place to work. Positive management and work environment. There was a lot of opportunities to learn new things and expand on my current skills.
great
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Stratford, CTOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I made good money and worked on big parts . Everything was interesting to work on.
great place to work as an intern
Internship -Dynamics System Design engineer (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 15, 2014
got to work on some cool projects. Something new to learn everyday.
Poor management and union interaction
Government Owned Aircraft Inventory Facilitator (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYOctober 6, 2014
Always busy.
Management and union reps left a lot to be desired.
Exciting
Mechanical Engineer (Ground Test Engineer) (Former Employee), Stratford, CTSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: never bored
I fly RC helicopters so for me watching Black Hawk helicopters flying over head is exhilarating to say the least!

Professional work atmosphere, modern offices, management and co-workers professional and courteous at all times.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A┬ásubsidiary – Read more