Sikorsky

Sikorsky Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you aren't a relative of another staff member don't waste your time
junior purchasor (Former Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Very intriguing work.
Cons: Very bios.
They had me sit through training for 3 months for a six month position with an other women for the same position who's cousin was in charge of the project. after the three months they let me go but she continued to work for them.
Great, fun, and challenging
Sr. Reliability Engineer Contract Consultant (Current Employee), Stratford, CTAugust 11, 2015
True professionalism and intellectual systems engineering Team and excellent to work with. Looked forward to going to work each morning. Loved the OT as well.
Outstanding Aviation company with a long history of success
Aircraft Manager (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FlAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere lot of prior service memebers
Cons: Work is sometimes hard to balance with family
Pros: Great company lots of work, mostly prior service memebers work in my department so its nice to have the camaraderie that we had in the service. Like every place theres the usual politics but nothing major. I really like the amount of safety they have for thier personal and aircraft.
Great Company
Engineer (Current Employee), Stratford, CTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: 401k, Pay for taking classes.
Cons: Not very much room for growth. OK Salary. Job stability. Very expensive area.
Very good company to work for and gain a ton of experience at one of the biggest helicopter companies in the world. This is a large company and is in the process of getting sold.
Great workers, can't trust supervisors. hateful,
interior tech. (Current Employee), coatesville, PaJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great workers
Cons: no where to turn with problems
Started in 2006 when it was still Keystone. best place I ever worked .It was still good to work there after Sikorsky took over. but didn't last long . Manager and H/R work hand and hand, leaving employees with no where to turn with problems, forcing people to leave went you didn't do what they wanted. Like going against others. Very unethical
Hostile environment
Flight Controls System Engineer (Former Employee), Stratford, CTJune 30, 2015
Managers used profanity very often which made for a hostile atmosphere. I will never work for this company again. Pay was also mediocre.
Constantly changing management
Lead Avionics Tech/Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: The tides are always changing
The management is always changing and so is the company. They pay us fairly well for the ease of work that we do. The benefits are ok, and the communication stinks
Management is driving the program into the ground.
Avionics Lead – S76D Completions (Current Employee), Thorndale, PAJune 20, 2015
looking for other opportunities. The product is starting to slip and it is all management driven. We are trying to build aircraft we are proud of and the company isn't letting us do it.
My Sikorsky Experience
Avionics Engineer (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great job, very invigorating
Cons: Bad break on the plant closing
Hired by Sikorsky for what appeared to be one of my best opportunities ever. 12 month contract as an avionics engineer. Facility happened to be the completion center at Horseheads NY. I was impressed by all of the people I worked with. It was full of hardworking individuals. A week after I started the word was given that it was to close in three months. It took the life and spirit away from the whole staff there. Including myself. I was given a break to stay on until the last week. I gained a lot of knowledge thanks to that (and my manager) so there were rewards despite the outcome. If ever given a second chance I would definitely work for the company again.
great place to work
Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee), Horseheads, NYJune 15, 2015
best job I have ever had it was more like a hobby going to work every day , almost every day it was something new and exciteing to work on or do .
Good place to work.
International Marketing Program (Former Employee), Stratford, CTMay 26, 2015
My time sent in the organization was worth while. Learned a lot about the business, was encouraged to be proactive and participate. Very good company to work for.
Logistics
Logistics Service Representative (Current Employee), Owego, NYMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work starts out with a morning meeting that revolves around the maintenance, parts requirements, and schedule of the day for the aircraft we are currently in possession of. This is completed by a joint contract with another group. I will then balance multiple budgets required by our contractual agreements, acquire tooling by the means of purchase orders or borrow from other sites, order parts, chemical (Hazardous Material), and any other support equipment requirements for the daily tasks at hand. Monitor daily usage of parts stock, and create trends in usage spreadsheets. Complete – more... daily inspections of prior issues whether they are chemicals, consumables, or aircraft parts. Maintain a constant view of calibrated equipment as well as cure dated chemical material for stock availability and waste stream management. The hardest part of my day is finding time to sit down and read through my emails for any other site-specific tasks that will require my support or expertise. These requirements can be as simple as shipping parts/supplies via carriers systems or maintaining a carrier spreadsheet with monthly or yearly cost and tracking information for price analysis for deliberation. They may also include conversations with subject matter experts in regards to chemical waste streams and state specific laws and chemical requirements upon the facility in which we work at. – less
Interesting place to work if you are a hired employee
Material Control (Current Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 19, 2015
I worked for Sikorsky for 2 years as a temp and they couldn't see their way to hire me as a full time employee.
I learned allot about helicopter parts, SAP and how helicopters are made.
There doesn't seem to a whole lot of logic or common sense in this companies management.
Most of my coworkers were really good to work with.
The hardest part of the job was watching the aircraft being built and knowing I have the skills to do allot of the work but not being allowed to do it.
Worth it!
part sorter (Former Employee), Troy, ALMay 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: none
Even though this was a temp job, I enjoyed the atmosphere, people, and the work. May one day I will get on full time.
It is a safe secure place to work.
Knowledge and smart crews @ Coatesville.
Surfaces, Rigging, and Systems Assembler (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Nice or better than nice benifit options - tools provided.
Cons: Computer station shortage in some work zones.
Smart methods applied to builds,
somehow unending parts supply issue.
I discovered a smooth flow that worked well each bird
each week, get in and grow !
Easy and Satisfying
Process Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Stratford, CTApril 22, 2015
Sikorsky is an easy and satisfying place to work. The workers and managers are always happy to be there and to work. The only downside is the number of layoffs that happen on a regular basis.
Repair battle damaged UH-60 Helicopters
Production Manager UH-60L depot repair team (Former Employee), Bogota ColombiaApril 20, 2015
Learned structural repair depot level on UH-60 Helicopters from the experts with many years of knowledge.

Worked with the Colombian Army.
Security Officer
Officer (Former Employee), Jupiter FloridaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Good Job
Cons: nothing
Duties as a rover for the Sikorsky Aircraft site, to drive to the other two sites on the property and have important papers signed everyday. Made sure to drive through the flight line areas every two hours. swiping all entry and exit points. Making sure all is secure. The shifts are not easy they are sixteen hour shifts. there is no tolerance for tardiness or undone duties. There is always a strive for excellence.
enjoyed assembly of aircraft
assembler (Former Employee), Big Flats, NYMarch 18, 2015
Enjoyed the assembly of fixed wing aircraft and helicopter. Was proud of the finish product. great bunch of coworkers. Hardest part of job waiting on parts for assembly.
Stagnet and Unethical
Flightline Inspector (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: not professional, unethical, discrimatory
Its hard to believe that one of the largest manufactures of military aircraft allows complete mayhem and chaos from the assembly line works drug uses and violence to managements fraudulent billing and time control.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sikorsky

Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A subsidiary – Read more