SIGNS NOW Employee Reviews

was a great job until new owners took over
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ12 June 2017
This was a great job until the new owners took over in January 2017. Daily something new was created. This is definitely a field I would recommend working in.
Company went out of business.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL22 May 2017
Retail Sign, Banner, Graphics. Produce signage according to customers specifications. Management was poor. Culture was flat.
Customers were taken care of on a price first basis.
It's a job, not a career.
Printer / Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TN10 March 2017
If you are looking to start a career, this is not what you are looking for. Signs Now of Clarksville lacks management, communication, and most of all work ethic. I am not trying to put anyone down. I am speaking from experience. I have worked here for a little over nine years now, and nothing has changed. If anything at all, it has gone downhill.
Interesting and Different Almost Every Day
Production Manager - Quality & On Time. (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI6 March 2017
A typical day at work is doing something different. I have learned to be very detail oriented, and a stickler for quality.

The hardest part of this job is figuring out HOW to actual construct certain signs. The most enjoyable part is getting this done - and in time. I like the fact that we are a team when big jobs have to be done "today."
Sign making
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN9 January 2017
I worked at Signs Now and was laid off due to the horrible upper management. consistent waist of money, time and materials. if they were to ask me to return to work , i would decline.
Pros
great people
Cons
horrible upper managment
Enjoyed working with other employees and outside the office sales
SALES (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OH21 August 2016
My work day began in the office as I checked in on any orders that I had made were going as scheduled, Making calls to prospective customers, returning customers calls of requests or complaints and resolving them. From there I would go out to prospective businesses and ask for their business.
Co-workers were terrific with answering questions CSR and support.
Hardest part was getting the Owners attention long enough for support.
Most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of bringing New business to the table and closing new business.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Cleanliness of Office and bathroom were shortcoming, Support from owner lacking.
Productive and challenging
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OH16 July 2016
Everyday is different but it can be a lot of fun.The bosses buy us donuts about once a week, usually.
Pros
laid back, challenging
Cons
no health benefits, low salary
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IA11 May 2016
Got experience in the signs industry, learned how to create signs banners and more. Was a good experience. Would recommend
A nice little job
Production/Installation Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL10 May 2016
Nice place to work. The pay isn't great. The shop that they have to work in is very small, so if you are claustrophobic this might not be the place for you.
Pros
The staff is nice and fun to work with
Cons
Work load can get crazy at times, no benefits, and low pay.
Sign Production
production (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA5 May 2016
From a simple vinyl decal to a car wrap, signs now has done it all. Car wraps presented the hardest challenge, as the vinyl comes in separated sheets it is applied one at a time and curves of a vehicle do not like to adhere to the straight vinyl and would constantly bubble and bend wrong but it was an obstacle that had to be overcome.
Fun place to work because every job was different. We did all kinds of different things for signage
Sign Assembler for a sign company (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA31 March 2016
Typical day would be going in and getting signs ready. Contacting customers letting them know when their signs were ready to be picked up or shipped. I learned a lot about measurements and how to figure out sizing of signs needed. Owner/manager was great to work with and my only co worker was great. We got along very well. The most enjoyable part of the day was creating different signs every day.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, weekends and evenings off.
Cons
no heath coverage, not much pay
learning experience
Graphic Designer / Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS3 November 2015
At this job i began learning all the basics of graphic design and the art of vinyl installations. I worked here for a short time but the experience felt a lot longer.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay could have been better
Fun Productive place to work
Sign Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta- GA16 July 2015
Weeding and taping of vinyl, as well as applying and working with customers. Learned layout of a good sign and sign programs. Management was great to work with, very understanding.
Ever Changing and challenging environment
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SD4 January 2015
The employees at this place are friendly, though sometimes quarrelsome with each other. The management is friendly and very generous. a daily shift consisted of opening the store, answering emails and phone calls, providing job estimates and keeping track of orders already in progress. Taking order payments and whatever else was necessary on the side. the hardest part of the job was learning all the materials and various types of services that they provided, the most enjoyable part of the job was having a friendly boss to work for.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, raises, choice for insurance, flexible boss
Cons
sometimes quarrelsome coworkers.
Amazing job, best I ever had.
Customer Service / Production (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA21 December 2014
I worked for a Signs Now a while back before the recession forced it to close its doors. 8 years I stayed with the company. They kept me on until they literally just couldn't afford any employees. Soon after they had to shut their doors, it was sad, because it was the nicest sign shop in middle GA. We had the nicest show room, friendliest staff, did the best artwork and made the finest signs in town. Aside from that I made EXCELLENT money and advancement is so easy because there is so much to learn and so many learning tools at your disposal! There's room for error while you're learning, so mistakes are allowed and expected, and the experience I got from working there has allowed me to branch out into many other related fields. Best job I ever had. I miss it so much. Haven't been happy with any other job since, I guess they spoiled me rotten lol.
Pros
FUN place to work, great pay, don't have to be a robot.
Cons
Business can be a little slow some times.
very busy
Customer Service Rep Lead (Former Employee) –  Branson, MO10 October 2014
the work envroment is very fast pased. I really enjyed it. The boss made sure that it stayed busy. And the guys in the producion were awesome to work with.
Creating nothing into something
Project Manager and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 September 2014
I loved the fact I got to create ideas into life. Most of the customers were amazing and I enjoyed helping them with there ideas about how they wanted to market their business. Some days were long a ruff, with trying to keep up with customer demands, while working with such a small team to accomplish work load. We always met the dead line.
Pros
laid back and fun environment, great customers
Cons
no healthcare, under paid
one of the better learning experiences of my carrier
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Karachi, PSD13 April 2014
My day always started with a quick meeting with my subordinates to discuss days schedule of work and discussing possible solutions for any issues.
My co-workers were quite supportive except of some exceptions as you can assume...
The most enjoyable part of my job is i had a free hand from my management to implement out of the box solutions to handle any particular job.
Very unorganized business with no training program in place.
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Donelson, TN27 February 2014
Employees were extremely unhappy, but stayed because "they needed a job" and it was 'laid back" for the most part. No body was ever able to offer any real training. Owner does not offer any benefits such as medical or vacation time even though it was explicitly written in an acceptance letter that the employees of this company receive health insurance, holiday pay and vacation time after 90 days.
Pros
Monday through Friday work schedule, no weekends.
Cons
No Holiday pay, no Health, Life or Dental Insurance, no Vacation or Sick time.
Sign maker
Sign Maker (Former Employee) –  Concord, NC5 December 2013
Never got a pay check stub. Never allowed full time status, even after 3 years. LOVED the work, LOVED the materials, LOVED the design, LOVED EVERYTHING about it but the owner. The most enjoyable part was forming a lifelong friendship with my manager. The hardest part of the job was pay day and not knowing what to expect because I was never told what I was paid nor did i ever get a paycheck stub, for over 4 years until I quit to go back to college.
Pros
Free signs
Cons
no benefits, no pay check stubs, no advancement