SIGNS NOW Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OH16 July 2016
Everyday is different but it can be a lot of fun.The bosses buy us donuts about once a week, usually.
Pros
laid back, challenging
Cons
no health benefits, low salary
A nice little job
Production/Installation Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL10 May 2016
Nice place to work. The pay isn't great. The shop that they have to work in is very small, so if you are claustrophobic this might not be the place for you.
Pros
The staff is nice and fun to work with
Cons
Work load can get crazy at times, no benefits, and low pay.
Fun place to work because every job was different. We did all kinds of different things for signage
Sign Assembler for a sign company (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CA31 March 2016
Typical day would be going in and getting signs ready. Contacting customers letting them know when their signs were ready to be picked up or shipped. I learned a lot about measurements and how to figure out sizing of signs needed. Owner/manager was great to work with and my only co worker was great. We got along very well. The most enjoyable part of the day was creating different signs every day.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedule, weekends and evenings off.
Cons
no heath coverage, not much pay
Ever Changing and challenging environment
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SD4 January 2015
The employees at this place are friendly, though sometimes quarrelsome with each other. The management is friendly and very generous. a daily shift consisted of opening the store, answering emails and phone calls, providing job estimates and keeping track of orders already in progress. Taking order payments and whatever else was necessary on the side. the hardest part of the job was learning all the materials and various types of services that they provided, the most enjoyable part of the job was having a friendly boss to work for.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, raises, choice for insurance, flexible boss
Cons
sometimes quarrelsome coworkers.
Sign Production
production (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA5 May 2016
From a simple vinyl decal to a car wrap, signs now has done it all. Car wraps presented the hardest challenge, as the vinyl comes in separated sheets it is applied one at a time and curves of a vehicle do not like to adhere to the straight vinyl and would constantly bubble and bend wrong but it was an obstacle that had to be overcome.
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IA11 May 2016
Got experience in the signs industry, learned how to create signs banners and more. Was a good experience. Would recommend
Good place to work and enjoyed the work
Graphic Installer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KY5 August 2013
Making and installing vinyl and metal graphics onto signs, business and autos
How to deal with customers and the installation of graphics
Management was ok but had a problem with bringing the worries of home life into the work life
Co workers were awesome, very helpful and communicate well
Wasnt really any hard parts to the job
Getting to go out into the field and get out of the shop.
Pros
Hr lunch and getting to get out of the shop to perform work
Cons
Drama in the workplace
Sign maker
Sign Maker (Former Employee) –  Concord, NC5 December 2013
Never got a pay check stub. Never allowed full time status, even after 3 years. LOVED the work, LOVED the materials, LOVED the design, LOVED EVERYTHING about it but the owner. The most enjoyable part was forming a lifelong friendship with my manager. The hardest part of the job was pay day and not knowing what to expect because I was never told what I was paid nor did i ever get a paycheck stub, for over 4 years until I quit to go back to college.
Pros
Free signs
Cons
no benefits, no pay check stubs, no advancement
Amazing job, best I ever had.
Customer Service / Production (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA21 December 2014
I worked for a Signs Now a while back before the recession forced it to close its doors. 8 years I stayed with the company. They kept me on until they literally just couldn't afford any employees. Soon after they had to shut their doors, it was sad, because it was the nicest sign shop in middle GA. We had the nicest show room, friendliest staff, did the best artwork and made the finest signs in town. Aside from that I made EXCELLENT money and advancement is so easy because there is so much to learn and so many learning tools at your disposal! There's room for error while you're learning, so mistakes are allowed and expected, and the experience I got from working there has allowed me to branch out into many other related fields. Best job I ever had. I miss it so much. Haven't been happy with any other job since, I guess they spoiled me rotten lol.
Pros
FUN place to work, great pay, don't have to be a robot.
Cons
Business can be a little slow some times.
Fun, Fast paced work environment, rewarding goals
Pre-Press Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ14 November 2012
A day here was never slow but was always a very fun and rewarding experience. I learned a great deal about printing on and maintenance of large run flatbed printers, soluble ink printers, and vinyl plotters.I really enjoyed everything about this job. From printing to installation I found the process very rewarding and the management and employees were amazing to work with. The hardest part was having to leave the job and move out of state.
Pros
brilliant and friendly team, comfortable atmosphere, constant work, the opportunity to be creative
Cons
workplace distance
Very unorganized business with no training program in place.
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Donelson, TN27 February 2014
Employees were extremely unhappy, but stayed because "they needed a job" and it was 'laid back" for the most part. No body was ever able to offer any real training. Owner does not offer any benefits such as medical or vacation time even though it was explicitly written in an acceptance letter that the employees of this company receive health insurance, holiday pay and vacation time after 90 days.
Pros
Monday through Friday work schedule, no weekends.
Cons
No Holiday pay, no Health, Life or Dental Insurance, no Vacation or Sick time.
Fun Productive place to work
Sign Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta- GA16 July 2015
Weeding and taping of vinyl, as well as applying and working with customers. Learned layout of a good sign and sign programs. Management was great to work with, very understanding.
learning experience
Graphic Designer / Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS3 November 2015
At this job i began learning all the basics of graphic design and the art of vinyl installations. I worked here for a short time but the experience felt a lot longer.
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay could have been better
one of the better learning experiences of my carrier
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Karachi, PSD13 April 2014
My day always started with a quick meeting with my subordinates to discuss days schedule of work and discussing possible solutions for any issues.
My co-workers were quite supportive except of some exceptions as you can assume...
The most enjoyable part of my job is i had a free hand from my management to implement out of the box solutions to handle any particular job.
Ten years.. meh
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  eugene oregon19 July 2012
Signs Now is a franchise so I can't speak about the experience at all stores. After ten years of working there no benefits. though the manager who became the owner always spoke about doing a medical package. I enjoyed the work and did all aspects of the job except for the billing.
State of the art sign and expo company
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL6 March 2012
Overall a decent company to work for. Every franchise is managed differently. The experience was helpful in continuing to move forward in my career.
Creating nothing into something
Project Manager and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 September 2014
I loved the fact I got to create ideas into life. Most of the customers were amazing and I enjoyed helping them with there ideas about how they wanted to market their business. Some days were long a ruff, with trying to keep up with customer demands, while working with such a small team to accomplish work load. We always met the dead line.
Pros
laid back and fun environment, great customers
Cons
no healthcare, under paid
Good work place, good pay
laborer (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, ID1 April 2013
Good work place, good pay, honest people, not enough hours. you work for the money you earn, nothings free and you earn a good paycheck and get paid for what you deserve
Very organized and efficient shop
Franchisee / Owner / Operator (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA23 July 2012
This is the cleanest, most well organized, and one of the most efficient sign shops I have ever been in. They did beautiful, creative work and the result was always above expectations.
very busy
Customer Service Rep Lead (Former Employee) –  Branson, MO10 October 2014
the work envroment is very fast pased. I really enjyed it. The boss made sure that it stayed busy. And the guys in the producion were awesome to work with.

2.6