Signarama

Signarama Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Small Business with great opportunities
Client Account Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 17, 2014
I think the company is great to work for, its a small company that will grow over the years.
Working at Signarama
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: individual freedom with regard to field work, family time, advice and continuing knowledge
Cons: no benefits, career advancement minimal, business integrity unstable
A typical day at Signarama begins with a production meeting. We break down current work-in-progress and also focus on evolving production and closing-job status. From 10a-3p, fieldwork consists of PR calls or gaining exposure in the area. In the field, an introduction, outline of products and services, and exchange of business cards is routine.

The – more... knowledge of the sign industry is extraordinary. With a multitude of substrates, vinyls, and digital products, there is a service or product available for any sort of need. I have since gained experience in using a plot-cutter and large format printer. I study and keep updated on substrates, vinyls, and evolving digital products.

Management consists of the franchisee owner and graphic design/production manager. Although the franchisee is very busy, the production manager and I hold our own and continue production while the owner is in the field.

My co-worker was also in my graduating class at International Business College. We work well together and constantly communicate to remain current on production and WIP. The franchisee owner is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to construction, placement, building inspections, permits, etc. The sign industry fits with his past experience as a contractor for hospitals (30 years).

The constant juggle of communication with clients, old and new, became a daunting task. Job priority changes on a daily basis which makes it challenging to keep responses and follow-ups in line. Some days I would be pulled out of the field in order to assist in an installation. I may lose an entire day because of this.

I enjoy satisfying customer needs in a timely manner and watching their business come to life. Installations and production were very hands-on and beneficial to experience. I would say that I enjoyed participating in producing and installing a quality job for clients more than selling the job. – less
Easy-going atmosphere with a fun crew
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Hackensack, NJFebruary 21, 2013
Signarama in Hackensack, NJ is a full service marketing and promotions sign company that treats it's customers with respect. they take pride in the work that they put out and usually end up with repeat business because of it.

The manager/owner is a family man that treats us as important fixtures in his company. He works with us to make the job enjoyable – more... and to help us achieve personal goals which may include the use of his facility and machinery.

Overall, it's not a hardship to come to work each day. We enjoy the camaraderie and good vibes here. – less
Productive workplace, very immersive environment
Graphic Artist (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: lunch break anytime, good pay
Cons: loads of work, short time for projects
Signarama was a great experience to develop design skills and working in a business where projects need to be done on time.
creative place and hands-on production style
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Riverhead NYOctober 18, 2012
Working at Signarama was a lot of fun.
I learn the use of printers, cutters and technology to make signs.
the Manager was very flexible and was always eager to teach and to learn.
Hardest part was dealing with clients.
the most enjoyable part was to work in every project and produce high quality signs.
Very productive, family oriented work place. Meet lots of interesting people that come in to learn how to better market their business with signage
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAJuly 16, 2012
Pros: different kinds of projects every day so constantly learning.
Cons: slow in the inland empire, so hours were cut a lot offering little stability, no benefits
Great people to work for. The hardest part of the job is losing quotes that you worked hard to prepare by others in the industry that were undercutting us. Fun though to educate the public on the different possibilities for signage and figure out the best match for their budgets. Exciting to deliver a finished custom project and see how excited they – more... were. – less
Compañerismo y desarrollo del trabajo eficaz
Asistente a la dirección (Former Employee), MadridAugust 28, 2012
Pros: ejemplo: seguro médico privado, etc.
Cons: ejemplo: no hay descanso para tomar café
Entrabamos a las 9 de la mañana, antes de iniciar el trabajo había una reunión de TEC, todos los dias, donde exponiamos los trabajos pendientes, los entregados, los urgentes, los complicados, ..., para organizarnos el dia. Me gustaba porque así podias organizarte mucho mejor el trabajo.