Part Time - RN Required for small long term care home in Mississauga (Erin Mills).
Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates resident care programs within approved policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Care/Assistant Director of Care in ensuring that the department is operated efficiently and in compliance with the Long Term Care Homes Act 2007 and Regulation 79/10, and other pertinent legislated standards and requirements.
- Organizes neighbourhood rounds daily, on a rotating basis.
- Ensures that resident's care is evaluated continuously. (Ensures that the resident care plans are developed, updated, reviewed regularly, and followed consistently).
- Participates in the MDS 2.0 Coding and Resident Assessment Protocol (RAP) interdisciplinary meetings and follows-up with assessments and/or referrals (as a result of the RAP process).
- Ensures that the highest standard of care and quality of life is provided for residents through effective supervision of the performance of nursing staff and the maintenance of the appropriate management system including record keeping and reporting.
- Attends Resident Care Conferences and ensures that the programs of residents are coordinated among various disciplines.
- Establishes lines of communication with residents and families and ensures that changes in resident's condition and care are communicated.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with nursing staff and staff of other departments.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Post graduate studies in nursing, nursing administration and geriatrics an asset.
- Leadership experience in managing teams in health care preferred.
- Competency in computer skills necessary for Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and electronic care- planning software.
- RAI-MDS 2.0 proficiency an asset.
If you are intersted in this opportunity, please visit our website at: www.siftoncareers.com