Sifto Canada and its parent company, Compass Minerals Group, is a worldwide leader in the production and distribution of inorganic minerals. The Goderich Mine is the largest salt mine in the world, producing 7 million tons per year and employing 380 in the production of rock salt.
The Electrician works according to a designated shift schedule. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintenance of mining electrical equipment, reliability improvement of mining electrical equipment, work on the electrical component of various projects as required, maintenance of electrical distribution equipment and troubleshooting of electrical distribution and mining equipment. The Electrician may be required to troubleshoot and maintain the plant control network. Portable sub-station relocation along with HV and MV cable splicing may also be required. The Electrician will adhere to all Sifto policies and procedures. Personal safety and the safety of others will be of utmost importance at all times.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC and RS
- View Teck cable splicing experience
- Familiar with motor starters and controls
- LV (600V), MV (750-5000V) and HV ( >5000V) experience
- Completed Grade 12 education
- Ontario Industrial Millwright license- Qualified Industrial Electrician
- Experience with both underground and surface mining equipment would be an asset.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word Format. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.