Sifto Canada and its parent company, Compass Minerals Group, is a worldwide leader in the production and distribution of inorganic minerals. The Goderich Mine is the largest salt mine in the world, producing 7 million tons per year and employing 380 in the production of rock salt.
The mechanic's job includes the preventive maintenance and repair of heavy duty mobile equipment in an underground environment. Equipment to be maintained includes 988 &990 loaders, cutters, bolters, downhole drills, rock haulage trucks and scooptrams . The position will adhere to all Sifto policies and procedures. Personal safety and safety of others will be of utmost importance at all times.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge and understanding of both electrical and hydraulic systems, using both types of schematics for troubleshooting purposes.
- Must be capable of working independently or in a team environment.
- Good troubleshooting skills
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Completed Grade 12 education
- Heavy equipment skill with a minimum Truck and Coach certification and license
- Ontario Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Trade Certification license - Red Seal Endorsement preferred
- Experience with both underground and surface mining equipment
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word Format. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.