Sierra Systems Employee Reviews

Great employer!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2017
Love the culture and the people at Sierra. Great management, people are treated with dignity and respect. Many former employees have returned, which speaks volumes about the company. Good benefits!
Pros
Great comfortable work environment, great people.
Cons
Would be nice to see colleagues more often, though it is an understandable challenge given the nature of our work, (many remote employees who work from home and client sites)
Great place to work flex hours, work from home.
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 September 2015
My typical day at work can be extremely busy if there are issues in the network or infrastructure. Being on the Server team we interface with many different type of application and team and there is never a boring moment. My Co-workers are great and Sierra provides us with the appropriate resources and Support. Great plae to work but my contract is going to end soon.
Pros
Flex Hours, work from home
Cons
Support in the early morning when on call
Sierra Systems
Senior Infrastructure Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2015
Sierra Systems is an IT out-sourcing and development company. They work hard to develop a company culture but it is difficult when the majority of the staff work from home or client sites the majority of the time. Very solid salaries, salary options, and benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Business Intelligence analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2014
Good place for new immigrants: you will polish your English
Productive and efficient company
UX Content Strategist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 July 2014
Although limited contracts are available in my field, when one does come my way, Sierra is quick to complete the contract process and get the job started.
Pros
Zero micro-managing
Cons
Sometimes I feel like a number, less like part of a team
Good
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2013
I always worked on Client side overall management was good. working on client side had many challenges but managed it professionally delivered on key project which earned me compliments from client and management.

Sierra policies changed over the time for employee training due to budget constraint they had due to business merger, this change had an impact my training which I was looking for.... Sorry Sierra.

Sierra placed me at MTS where I placed to do many processes working with network engineering for creating Fiber network replacing copper. I learned a lot of about Fibre, Network engineering while I created key process for creating fiber network