Sierra Systems Employee Reviews

Great employer!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 August 2017
Love the culture and the people at Sierra. Great management, people are treated with dignity and respect. Many former employees have returned, which speaks volumes about the company. Good benefits!
Pros
Great comfortable work environment, great people.
Cons
Would be nice to see colleagues more often, though it is an understandable challenge given the nature of our work, (many remote employees who work from home and client sites)
I recommend to apply for jobs in Sierra Systems
IT Consultant (Data Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 August 2017
Good workplace culture, supportive co-workers, new informative technologies, a good comfortable location, friendly workers, flexible lunch time, nice big kitchen for works.
Good company
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 April 2017
A good company when things are going well. Management isn't very engaging but it's a good atmosphere if you can manage to fit into the company mold. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
free drinks in the staff room
Cons
It's a bit of a club. If you don't fit in you can feel on the outs.
Not for everyone
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 December 2015
Could be a great place to work if there was a fair and consistent leadership strategy. Projects are given to Directors who select their favourite consultants and keep on using same people. Hardest part of the job is lack of support and predictability.
Pros
Salary, benefits, office environment
Cons
Leadership, mentorship
I had really enjoyed my time at Sierra Systems. Excellent Culture and a positive place to work.
Senior IT Recruiter/ Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta1 October 2015
I had really enjoyed my time at Sierra Systems. Excellent culture, great people and a positive and engaging place to work.
Great place to work flex hours, work from home.
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 September 2015
My typical day at work can be extremely busy if there are issues in the network or infrastructure. Being on the Server team we interface with many different type of application and team and there is never a boring moment. My Co-workers are great and Sierra provides us with the appropriate resources and Support. Great plae to work but my contract is going to end soon.
Pros
Flex Hours, work from home
Cons
Support in the early morning when on call
Sierra Systems
Senior Infrastructure Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2015
Sierra Systems is an IT out-sourcing and development company. They work hard to develop a company culture but it is difficult when the majority of the staff work from home or client sites the majority of the time. Very solid salaries, salary options, and benefits
Positive work environment
APPLICATIONS STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 June 2015
Overall a great company with support and growth potential. They provided good benefits and flexible work hours. Monthly marketing meetings with free pizza was a nice perk
Good client portfolio.
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2015
Typical consulting firm with some good benefits. will give you good exposure to clients across different industries. Flexibility to work from home based on your manager and client's need/.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Business Intelligence analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2014
Good place for new immigrants: you will polish your English

Want to know more about Sierra Systems?

Ask a question
Productive and efficient company
UX Content Strategist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 July 2014
Although limited contracts are available in my field, when one does come my way, Sierra is quick to complete the contract process and get the job started.
Pros
Zero micro-managing
Cons
Sometimes I feel like a number, less like part of a team
Good
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2013
I always worked on Client side overall management was good. working on client side had many challenges but managed it professionally delivered on key project which earned me compliments from client and management.

Sierra policies changed over the time for employee training due to budget constraint they had due to business merger, this change had an impact my training which I was looking for.... Sorry Sierra.

Sierra placed me at MTS where I placed to do many processes working with network engineering for creating Fiber network replacing copper. I learned a lot of about Fibre, Network engineering while I created key process for creating fiber network
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2012
A very objective and fair place to work with an excellent cuture and management team. Excellent benefits. Only complaint was the decrease in job opportunities from January 2011 onward.

I loved working at Sierra Systems Group Inc.
Pros
a very objective and fair place to work, excellent cuture and management team, excellent benefits.
Cons
the amount of work started to digress after ris was bought over by sierra systems group inc.