MULTIMEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Sierra Club BC is a non-profit environmental organization whose mission is to protect and conserve British Columbia’s wilderness, species and ecosystems, within the urgent context of global warming impacts. We advocate the responsible use of B.C.’s natural resources while promoting a modern, equitable economy that sustains our planet in every way. Visit our website at www.sierraclub.bc.ca to learn more about the work that we do.
We are seeking a full-time Communications Specialist who is creative and computer savvy. Working as part of our communications team and reporting to the Director of Strategy and Communications, the Communications Specialist will take the lead on all the technical aspects of our work. Responsibilities include managing our website, creating e-newsletters and e-blasts, graphic design, web design, social media, video editing, photography, database management and some IT duties.
- Website maintenance: Posting various types of content to keep the Sierra Club BC website accurate and up-to-date, including sizing photos correctly and formatting/designing for the web.
- Website management: managing users, troubleshooting, working with contractors, analytics, managing content systems (organized, consistent), managing advanced uses like photo galleries and forms, design changes, HTML editing, site setup maintenance
- Email design: including layout, HTML editing, managing lists. Sending newsletters, email blasts and press releases.
- Graphic design and layout: backgrounders, fact sheets, brochures, publications, Sierra Report/Annual Report, liaising with printers and mail houses.
- Videos: planning, filming, editing, publishing, selection for our bi-monthly e-newsletter, social media.
- Photo editing and database: maintaining our database, organizing, liaise with photographers, help with photo selection and resizing, managing attributions.
- Photography: staff photographer at events, take staff photos.
- Social media: planning, writing, responding, analytics, researching and crafting strategy for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Online organizing: developing tools and strategies for online engagement and list-building, in cooperation with the Outreach Coordinator and Director of Strategy and Communications
- IT: liaise with contractors, setup new users on Exchange, troubleshooting for staff, be a resource for IT questions, managing the plotter, assistance with some policy setting requests.
- Database management: Update supporter information, upload lists, create media and email lists, and manage connectors between website and database.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in communications, graphic design, web design or computer science or equivalent experience, as well as a minimum 2 years of communications experience.
- Must be highly computer literate, with knowledge of HTML, Adobe Creative Suite (including InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere and Dreamweaver), Microsoft Office and Microsoft Exchange. Experience with Salesforce and/or Vertical Response would be an asset.
- Photography and videography skills, including planning, shooting, and editing.
- Highly creative; strong writing and editing skills would be an asset
- Able to work to deadline and manage multiple projects at one time. Organized and able to handle interruptions, strong attention to detail.
- Passionate about Sierra Club BC’s work to protect B.C.’s wilderness and wildlife
- Salary is dependent upon duties assumed, based on a full-time position at 37.5 hours/week
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit cover letter and resume with three references with your name and the words “Application Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
- Deadline for applications is 4:30 pm Pacific Time, March 1, 2013
- Targeted Start Date: March 7, 2013
- This position is based in Victoria, BC
- We thank everyone for your interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Indeed - 22 months ago