Siemens

• Salary/Benefits
talented group of people
Millwright (Current Employee), HustonSeptember 15, 2014
Inconsistent work flow
lots to learn and good people to teach you
work place
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee), bangaloreSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: benefits
was really a good work place even though we have stress we wont feel it.
Friendly team workers
Phone And Internet Repairer (Former Employee), BeestonSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: far away
I have made up and run telephone systems, repair them, fixed motherboards and helped other workers in their work, repair computer`s and computer systems.
Job satisfaction.
Assembler/Tester/Quality Control (Former Employee), Bellefontaine, OhioSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: company moved to mexico
The overall ratings for Siemens is up to the employee. Some jobs were harder then other jobs, and some jobs were easier then some. Moving up with the company became benefical for employees that wanted to gain more company and business knowledge.
Very happy to work with all of them
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Singapore, S00September 8, 2014
Pros: games
Cons: good time
so far good
Learne Subsea and Top site module Fabrication
Not really support
Very good Team i have
As normal
Good Team support
Good Company
System Analyst (Current Employee), Malvern, PASeptember 8, 2014
Too much red tape to get things done.
Overall a good company with plans of succeeding in the healthcare marketplace
Perfect
Senior Engineer / Customer Support (Current Employee), Looking for another jobSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: plenty to talk about
Cons: tight lipped
The travelling and to meet and work with different ethnics is the most challenging part of my career
OK for the money, but very little possibility for career advancement
HR Administrator (Current Employee), PooleSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, diligent colleagues, everyone is approachable
Cons: no clear career progression, weak management
The HR Delivery Centre is a new set-up having been moved from Durham. It handles administrative tasks as well as the front-line calls for Siemens UK HR etc.

Unfortunately redundancies are constantly on the table, the HR Delivery Centre having been moved two times in the last four years, and a constant push for further efficencies in the form of automation, – more... outsourcing etc.

Everyone is friendly, there is very little 'office politics' and the atmosphere is generally collegial. Managers are approachable. The building is also very modern.

There is no clear performance management process and bonuses are decided on a company-wide level rather than individual contribution. Consequently, unfortunately difficult to be noticed for the work you do - too many employees in one large open plan environment.

The work is usually very transactional and not very challenging. Some processes are very poor and there is little to no practical way to change them for the benefit of the company.

Though at a high level change is encouraged, the change management process in place strangles innovation at an administrative level.

Not a bad place to work by any means but not a place to build a career. – less
Quite a nice place to intern: people there, office environment and company culture are all fantastic.
Full-time intern in PRL (Former Employee), 北京市, C22September 3, 2014
Pros: nice lunch and breakfast even not for free; nice colleagues; comfortable environment.
Cons: sometimes the procedure of checkin and checkout are too complicated.
I did the full-time internship in Procurement and Logistics Department of Siemens China. My major responsibility was to completed the task of promoting ‘Siemens Sustainable Development Online Questionnaire’ and when I finished my intern over 220 (87 percent) Siemens suppliers participated, and over 220 suppliers completed the survey. The hardest part – more... of my work was to contact suppliers because we need Managers to complete the task while managers are always busy. So I need to try many times to persuade them to participate. Also, some suppliers showed bad attitude, increasing the difficulties of my work. But my boss, NG Hoiling, a nice lady from Hong Kong, give me a hand every time I got trouble. She taught me how to contact with suppliers when they were not willing to cooperate and even contacted IT staff for suppliers' contact when their information were missing. When she asked me to send files to secretaries of CFO or CEO in 28th floor, she would always tell me why she asked me to do that and how to communicate with those secretaries. She gave a summary discussion about the pace of my work at the end of every work to help me push the task. I really learn a lot from her about communicating, organized work and more.
Besides, I also participated the organization of PRL 2014 Annual Party and PRL Office Move. During the office move, my effort got recognized by all staff in our office. Helping with office administrative work is also my daily work.
I really love this German company: positive attitude to work, polite treat to people, and company culture. All of these delivered an image of an excellent international company. – less
Exellent
Civil Site Manger (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 2, 2014
Exellent company to work with,timely payingAccomplished, multilingual Civil Engineer with significant experience in the respective field. Skilled in staff supervision, cost control, contract negotiations and technical evaluations. Fluent in English, Hindi, Malayalam and conversant in Arabic. Talented, results-driven professional with versatile experience – more... in AutoCAD – less
ok place to work for
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2014
high volume handling of service calls and on call work on supporting current and older pbx systems.
Excellently run and highlyb proficient company which places an emphasis on quality repairs maintenance and Health and Safety Issues.
Assistant Technician Work Placement/experience (Former Employee), Northampton, ENGAugust 31, 2014
Pros: learning new skills, and feeling part of a wonderful team, and company, - they could not do enough to help me
Cons: long hours the days were long travelling to and from work, but i was determined to do it.
I started each day at 07:30 and returned home at 18:00, travelling with my daad. I got up each morning at 06:15 and spent all day there, learning highly technical issues that effect the smooth running of the latest Electric Passenger Trains.
I learnt new practical hand skills, replacing defective components and fault finded using the latest computer – more... diagnistics.
I worked in a tightly pact team on shift who all knew their jobs well and passed their wide ranging skills onto me.
I was expected to produce high standards along side the workers under their tuition.
I had to pass a safety induction into the depot before I could work in the depot and passed with flying colours.
I had to fill in an experience logbook which wa marked and checked by my training administrator.
I also had to follow a timetable of work duties each day, which differed, as sometimes I worked in the production team , and other times I worked in the stores.
I really enjoyed my time their and have got written references and witness testimonies from the technicians, stores staff, trainers, supervisors, admin staff and managers who have written it down which can be viewed in my portfolio, should the need arise. – less
A leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading-edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy
Manager, Asset Services (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJ, IndiaAugust 30, 2014
- Project manager for Network Seervices Group.
-Operation and Maintenence of Power Sub stations,
- Energy Transmission
- Testing of electrical equipments,
- Condition based Monitoring.
- Resource management.
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 28, 2014
Pros: knocking off early in month end
Cons: normal hrs
dealing with factory workers, interact with people from overseas
lots of training, development has access to further studies
EXCELLENT JOB
Install Base Administrator (Current Employee), Cary, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: everything
BEST JOB IVE HAD IN SEVERAL YEARS AND GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE LAYOFFS...WISH I COULD HAVE STAYED
Co-workers are great, typical large corporation where it is impossible to get a promotion and realistic raise
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), remoteAugust 25, 2014
Pros: being remote
Co-workers are great and very supportive. Worked as a team even though we were all remote. If someone had a question, you just had to send email to team and they would help if they could.

The corporation doesn't care about growing the employees, which they call resources, to higher level positions. It is impossible to get a promotion or a descent raise – more... even though your manager admitted you were doing work well above you title and pay grade. They don't follow through with promised extra pay award after doing everything required. – less
Good Exprences
o Working as an Front desk officer (Current Employee), sector vAugust 25, 2014
Distributing Mail
Administrative Duties
Primary responsibilities
PRODUCTIVE AND GOOD
SITE ENGINEER, SCADA and System Engineer (Current Employee), KALWAAugust 23, 2014
Good work life balance, late sittings are discouraged, management is supportive when it comes to giving chances and opportunities to young guys.
Less Productive, Less vibrant
Rail Automation Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Midrand, GPAugust 22, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: normal hours
Nothing motivated me just to do your work and a day pass, I am expecting a challenging environment with more career development, growth and recognition.
place where i learned to be a cnc operator
CNC operator (Former Employee), Buffalo GroveAugust 21, 2014
made nozzles in a cnc machine. coworkers were supportive and helpful. hardest part of the job is waiting for the inspectors in order to send out product. management was not the best but was tolerable. most enjoyable part of the job was running my machine

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more