Siemens
1,087 reviews

Siemens Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quite a nice place to intern: people there, office environment and company culture are all fantastic.
Full-time intern in PRL (Former Employee), 北京市, C22September 3, 2014
Pros: nice lunch and breakfast even not for free; nice colleagues; comfortable environment.
Cons: sometimes the procedure of checkin and checkout are too complicated.
I did the full-time internship in Procurement and Logistics Department of Siemens China. My major responsibility was to completed the task of promoting ‘Siemens Sustainable Development Online Questionnaire’ and when I finished my intern over 220 (87 percent) Siemens suppliers participated, and over 220 suppliers completed the survey. The hardest part – more... of my work was to contact suppliers because we need Managers to complete the task while managers are always busy. So I need to try many times to persuade them to participate. Also, some suppliers showed bad attitude, increasing the difficulties of my work. But my boss, NG Hoiling, a nice lady from Hong Kong, give me a hand every time I got trouble. She taught me how to contact with suppliers when they were not willing to cooperate and even contacted IT staff for suppliers' contact when their information were missing. When she asked me to send files to secretaries of CFO or CEO in 28th floor, she would always tell me why she asked me to do that and how to communicate with those secretaries. She gave a summary discussion about the pace of my work at the end of every work to help me push the task. I really learn a lot from her about communicating, organized work and more.
Besides, I also participated the organization of PRL 2014 Annual Party and PRL Office Move. During the office move, my effort got recognized by all staff in our office. Helping with office administrative work is also my daily work.
I really love this German company: positive attitude to work, polite treat to people, and company culture. All of these delivered an image of an excellent international company. – less
Exellent
Civil Site Manger (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 2, 2014
Exellent company to work with,timely payingAccomplished, multilingual Civil Engineer with significant experience in the respective field. Skilled in staff supervision, cost control, contract negotiations and technical evaluations. Fluent in English, Hindi, Malayalam and conversant in Arabic. Talented, results-driven professional with versatile experience – more... in AutoCAD – less
ok place to work for
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2014
high volume handling of service calls and on call work on supporting current and older pbx systems.
Excellently run and highlyb proficient company which places an emphasis on quality repairs maintenance and Health and Safety Issues.
Assistant Technician Work Placement/experience (Former Employee), Northampton, ENGAugust 31, 2014
Pros: learning new skills, and feeling part of a wonderful team, and company, - they could not do enough to help me
Cons: long hours the days were long travelling to and from work, but i was determined to do it.
I started each day at 07:30 and returned home at 18:00, travelling with my daad. I got up each morning at 06:15 and spent all day there, learning highly technical issues that effect the smooth running of the latest Electric Passenger Trains.
I learnt new practical hand skills, replacing defective components and fault finded using the latest computer – more... diagnistics.
I worked in a tightly pact team on shift who all knew their jobs well and passed their wide ranging skills onto me.
I was expected to produce high standards along side the workers under their tuition.
I had to pass a safety induction into the depot before I could work in the depot and passed with flying colours.
I had to fill in an experience logbook which wa marked and checked by my training administrator.
I also had to follow a timetable of work duties each day, which differed, as sometimes I worked in the production team , and other times I worked in the stores.
I really enjoyed my time their and have got written references and witness testimonies from the technicians, stores staff, trainers, supervisors, admin staff and managers who have written it down which can be viewed in my portfolio, should the need arise. – less
A leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading-edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy
Manager, Asset Services (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJ, IndiaAugust 30, 2014
- Project manager for Network Seervices Group.
-Operation and Maintenence of Power Sub stations,
- Energy Transmission
- Testing of electrical equipments,
- Condition based Monitoring.
- Resource management.
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 28, 2014
Pros: knocking off early in month end
Cons: normal hrs
dealing with factory workers, interact with people from overseas
lots of training, development has access to further studies
EXCELLENT JOB
Install Base Administrator (Current Employee), Cary, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: everything
BEST JOB IVE HAD IN SEVERAL YEARS AND GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE LAYOFFS...WISH I COULD HAVE STAYED
Co-workers are great, typical large corporation where it is impossible to get a promotion and realistic raise
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), remoteAugust 25, 2014
Pros: being remote
Co-workers are great and very supportive. Worked as a team even though we were all remote. If someone had a question, you just had to send email to team and they would help if they could.

The corporation doesn't care about growing the employees, which they call resources, to higher level positions. It is impossible to get a promotion or a descent raise – more... even though your manager admitted you were doing work well above you title and pay grade. They don't follow through with promised extra pay award after doing everything required. – less
Good Exprences
o Working as an Front desk officer (Current Employee), sector vAugust 25, 2014
Distributing Mail
Administrative Duties
Primary responsibilities
PRODUCTIVE AND GOOD
SITE ENGINEER, SCADA and System Engineer (Current Employee), KALWAAugust 23, 2014
Good work life balance, late sittings are discouraged, management is supportive when it comes to giving chances and opportunities to young guys.
Less Productive, Less vibrant
Rail Automation Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Midrand, GPAugust 22, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: normal hours
Nothing motivated me just to do your work and a day pass, I am expecting a challenging environment with more career development, growth and recognition.
place where i learned to be a cnc operator
CNC operator (Former Employee), Buffalo GroveAugust 21, 2014
made nozzles in a cnc machine. coworkers were supportive and helpful. hardest part of the job is waiting for the inspectors in order to send out product. management was not the best but was tolerable. most enjoyable part of the job was running my machine
Busy, Productive, Successful, Fun
Customer Service/Team Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin, DAugust 21, 2014
Pros: study paid for.
Cons: travelled far to get to work.
I worked in a team of Engineers who were Project Managers in our Energy & Transport Division.
Our team worked closely together to reach yearly targets. Siemens as a company with all the other divisions included had a fun but professional atmosphere.
Management within Siemens are very supportive and eager for staff to grow within the company.
Educative and Friendly
Internship (Former Employee), İstanbul, T34August 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch and free transport
Cons: location
My supervisors in this internship were all engineers and they did not have any ego and it was easy to ask questions to them and they were very friendly while answering the questions I had.
enjoy my work
Electrician (Current Employee), GJAugust 18, 2014
My job is best.
management is good.
co-workers is always help me
corporation with strong culture for innovation
Project Manager (Former Employee), Milan, ItalyAugust 17, 2014
Work environment is very flexible. Possibility to work from home or traveling granted a minimum number of days in office, apart from job travels.
Open space and direct communication channel with to management, escalation is appreciated, above all if aimed at talent growth through knowledge sharing and coaching from experienced top managers/professionals.
Organization – more... structure is very flexible and dynamic, changes every 2-3 years according to market and industry changes.
Employees at Siemens are on average smart and hard workers, passionate about their job and industry, often technically very prepared.
Innovation in terms of technology and business model is ordinary and a key success factor.
Customer is at the centre of the attention. Recently profitability has become more an issue than volume because of harsh competition in some industries. – less
Busy and Pleasant work environment
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Iselin, NJAugust 13, 2014
Pros: workshops, training, team building, advancement
Cons: long hours
Documentation Package Preparation, Documentation Quality Assurance, Activation and Funding Processing.
Collaborate with Credit, Pricing, Marketing, Asset Management, Sales and Legal as required. Interface with customers, Operating Company and Third Party Vendors.Work with inside and field sales for necessary and correct documentation.

Learned all about – more... Leasing Contracts

Loved all my co-workers, we worked well as a team.

Hardest part of the job was the long days and hours.

Most enjoyable part was achieving success as a team every month end. Siemens always made there employees feel appreciated for there hard work. – less
IMPROVE YOUR EHS PERFORMANCE IMPROVING EHS CULTURE
Africa Cluster EHS Manager (Former Employee), Algiers, JohannesburgAugust 12, 2014
Thierry has more than fifteen years of wide experience in EHS and Project Management in automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical, Energy industries and in big projects across the world.
Besides technical knowledge and skills, he is successful because he focuses his actions on culture change, EHS influencing and coaching people.

EHS culture development: – more... Designs and creates innovative programs and tools dedicated to EHS culture improvement and change management (i.e.): "Be present and take the place"; "The exemplary behavior"; "Show and demonstrate the level of requirement"; "Safety behavior is a professional attitude"...

Influential on people skills: Because the most important pillar of Safety is people behavior and education, Thierry in his daily work always includes coaching "on the field" to workers, supervisors and managers to promote safety and to encourage them to take their responsibility of their own safety and welfare. Thierry arranges also 1-2-1 meeting with staff for influencing and mentoring positively on the importance of safety. – less
GOOD
Site Engineer (Current Employee), MHAugust 11, 2014
The Siemens Group in India has emerged as a leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading-edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy, Healthcare and Infrastructure and Cities. The Group’s business is represented by various companies that span across these various segments.

Siemens brings to – more... India state-of-the-art technology that adds value to customers through a combination of multiple high-end technologies for complete solutions. The Group has the competence and capability to integrate all products, systems and services. It caters to Industry needs across market segments by undertaking complete projects such as Hospitals, Airports and Industrial units. – less
Open and flexible working environment
Graduate Working Student (Former Employee), München, BYAugust 11, 2014
At such a large corporation, sometimes one can feel constrained. This is not the case at Siemens, Germany's second largest blue chip and global powerhouse in the electrification field.

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more