Siemens

Siemens Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Internship- Manager
Intern (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 6, 2014
The employees of the company are very helpful and welcoming, and hence the company culture was extremely friendly.The manager was very approachable and made a point to explain each and every concept . It was truly a unique learning experience.
Stable, but Stale
Sr. Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits, public serice orientation, team camaraderie, multicultural, diverse
Cons: poor marketing, sales management, and lack of effective growth strategies
Siemens is a terrific place to work, if you can tolerate a global strategy that advances on a broad front, but at a glacially slow pace. Strategy rarely meets up with regional market reality. Siemens struggles to understand the role of leaders vs. managers. As such, financial management is confused with business management. Lots of accountants; not – more... near enough business leaders. – less
Cutting Edge Technology Company
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee), RomseyNovember 5, 2014
Pros: company car
I had the opportunity to work with very talented engineers creating new products using leading edge technology. This was very rewarding and enjoyable.
Good company to start a career
Product Engineer (Former Employee), Jundiaí, SPNovember 2, 2014
Pros: good job culture
Cons: burocratic
Good general technical level. The company has a culture of excelence that helps to shape the new employees. Excessively burocratic, unfortunatelly.
Nice place
CNC machinist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2014
Seimens is a nice place to work, but work is slow and you spend a lot of time to look busy, You don't get challenged much.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLOctober 28, 2014
Gained a lot of knowledge in the short period of time.
Would love to work with them again.
paperless
TAX COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Iselin, NJOctober 28, 2014
Pros: casual dress
Cons: long hours
company is going paperless. adobe acrobat professional. easier on environment.
quality n fun work place
Site Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APOctober 28, 2014
•The pre-actvities before charging the electrical equipments like( transformers, pcc , mcc n drive panels,) are very impartant , checking IR values of equipment & cable,, bus bar tightness, & cable termination.

• I have Learned discipline, teamwork, how to follow instructions & implementing in the site

•co-workers are very supportive & active
Responsable company and high quality and technology.
Product Manager Low Voltage Products (Former Employee), Nuremberg, GermanyOctober 25, 2014
Pros: ethic, motivation, constant learning
Siemens is a company that is very ethical and responsible. In the company, you can have contact with different departments and share a sort of responsibilities, involving not only your area, but customers, deliveries, production, etc. With this environment, you can learn different things day by day, and see the customer side. The management is always – more... aware of the market and the team motivation, and he is always empowering teams to make them confident and work as a group, give them tasks to work as a consolidate team. The hardest part of the job, is working with some situation that you are not used to do, for example, if you work in production and you receive a phone call, and its a customer complaining about a delivery, for example. Then you have to use your contacts, and your knowledge, to make the customer happy. That is the most enjoyable part of the work. – less
Great place to work and learn various products and systems
Various Positions (Former Employee), GAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: education and learning possibilities, pay is in line with industry
Cons: need more technical managers.
I am a 25 year career employee retired from my last position in Siemens Nuclear I&C service and support as a Nuclear Project Lead. Started at the bottom in 1989 and worked with various system products and projects in the USA and in Germany at the Siemens facilities. Industries like: Steel, Marine, Mining, Automation, Packaging etc... If you are in the – more... Electrical/Electronics field, Siemens is the place to work and learn. Company has a culture of education and learning. They paid for my learning of German language back in the 90's. Great place to work! – less
Great Place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 22, 2014
Good work life balance, excellent career opportunities and good working culture
Great work life balance
Administrator (Former Employee), Perth AustraliaOctober 21, 2014
Pros: meeting a great team of co workers
My typical day at work would involve management of a team of engineers. I could be booking jobs or travel, submitting expenses, ordering of parts, booking courses. My day would be varied depending on the day.

There was a great work life balance, and my co workers and manager made it a fun place to work.

The hardest part of the job was learning the – more... new systems. This also made this enjoyable as it gave me a challenge to push my abilitys. – less
good work place with everything convenient
Intern, Business Department (Former Employee), 北京市, C22October 19, 2014
improved my working ability as well as communication skills.
Productive and good people
Material Handler (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good health care insurance
A typical day work is come in the morning sort work out and give to material handlers pick, pack, receive help production lines make sure they have there parts to built.

What I learn is to communicate with people to serve them the best that I can.

Management I make sure my workers are doing the right thing and accurate and to make sure my customers – more... are satisfied on the day to day bases.

The hardest part of my job is to make sure all the production lines are running.

The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people everyday. – less
fun workplace
machinist (Former Employee), bahrainOctober 18, 2014
The most of work overhead crane operator, machine maintenance assistant,general assistant in workshop,band saw machine operator, milling machine operator assistant like Workpiece Clamping, wood cargo box builder

I learned a lot of stuff in the workshop ,such as thinking before acting and safety first before everything and there is no error or problem – more... can not be solved , but there are always things that are no longer fit for work or safe work must change .

The old management good.

The hardest working with a team does not know the meaning of the planning and distribution of tasks and Safety first for completion of work is less risk .

Enjoyable part every day there are new things to learn and acquire the skills and knowledge does not stop . – less
I love the travel at the time, and was supported by the company.
Senior Field Tech (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: traveling and not have to work on the same machine every year.
Cons: have only 3 day's home and two of the days are travel time
a typical day was received the machine, start installation where our customer wanted. Day 2 get the machine running and ready for test.
Day 3 train the operators and trouble shoot any and all issues. Paperwork and sell-off Doc's sign-off.
Great place to work.
SME/ Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee), West Chester, PAOctober 16, 2014
Large environment, something for everyone. most enjoyable was team, they participate well and work well together.
World Class service provider
Service Account Engineer (Current Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: company car, good people i work with.
Cons: no balance of work and personal life. increased responsibilty without compensation.
Managing 40 accounts, everyday is a reactive day. In my current postion, I coordinate with field service technicans, assist in preparation of project scope developement with sales. Maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.

In 17 plus years at my current postion, I have gained industry knowledge from installation to commisioning and project – more... delivery, Campus level utility distribution. Developement and implementation of strategic maint.planning. Contract scope deveopement, bidding and negotiations processes.

I am a member of a world class service team that is among the best in the country. Consistantly maintaining contract and project margins while maintaining world class customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of my job is the increasing workload and policy changes within the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the sense of accomplishment. The teamwork and individuals that are customers both internal and external. Being an important part of the total success gives me the most satifaction. – less
Co-workers were the best part of this job
Web Developer (Current Employee), Iselin, NJOctober 15, 2014
Love working in teams, unfortunately there's no job security for this position.
Co-workers were the best part of this job
Web Developer (Current Employee), Iselin, NJOctober 15, 2014
Love working in teams, unfortunately there's no job security for this position.

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more