Siemens
1,165 reviews

Siemens Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They always had work, paid weekly
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2012
Pros: lots of work
Cons: big company disorganization
They're great to work for. If they had a job for me in Lethbridge I'd take it. But you cant run a job site in Calgary if you live in Lethbridge
Well organized company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 20, 2012
Pros: it's management & corporate structure
Cons: not that good at compensation
A good company with an organized management structure which has been able to increase employee efficiency as well as reduce unnecessary expenses. This extra edge has allowed Siemens to reduce costs while increasing earnings
Enjoyed the atmosphere along with my colleauges
Senior Buyer steel commodity (Former Employee), Tilbury, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Tools were provided to complete your tasks the only short fall was the decision came from Germany. This made it difficult to chose the right supplier. Germany would chose the lowest bidder but would experiance quality issues down the road once production started.
Great Company
n/a (Current Employee), marylandNovember 21, 2014
Day goes by fast. Busy from time I get in until I leave. Love the people I work with. Hardest Part of the job is getting others to submit and approve their work.
Manufacturing plant
PLC Programmer (Former Employee), AurangabadNovember 20, 2014
Pros: no extra benefits
Cons: more than 8 hous work depend upon requirement
Work with PLC s Automation field is a good experience to know market requirement & market analysis,
Good working experience
Service Engineer (Former Employee), Mac phersonNovember 19, 2014
• Provide technical support and advice to customer.
• Provide servicing for customer with maintenance contract.
• Provide hardware troubleshooting and failure analysis.
• Advise customer on integration or upgrading of system.
• Install and supervise the installation of the security system as per requirement
• Conduct testing, commissioning and hand – more... over to the customer.
• Provide information on integrated solution such as integrated security command,
• Control & communication, video analytics and perimeter intrusion detection.
• Provide solutions to customers on the given time frame.
• Customer Reference: Deutsche Bank Group, Roche, Sgx, Keppel Corporation
• Harbourfront & Keppel bay Tower, GSK, P&G, Power Seraya, GDS (Vietnam, Hanoi),
• Singapore Embassy (Brunei) – less
Great Place!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Malvern, PANovember 17, 2014
Hardworking people striving for success!
The management was great and I loved working for my manager, who was very flexible and motivator.
I am a very satisfied member of the Siemens Power Generation team.
Senior Warranty Engineer (Current Employee), Bayswater, NNovember 17, 2014
Pros: satisfaction in resolving complex technical issues.
Cons: the length of time it can take to get resolution in long standing complex technical issues.
Due to a severe reduction in new Siemens power generation projects my ongoing workload will be reduced to 2 - 3 days per week.

Warranty Defect resolution with vendors includes project management and often direct site management incorporating the significant Occupational, Health & Safety processes between the clients and various subcontractors to implement – more... corrective actions.

Work with clients involves defect documentation management, technical troubleshooting and resolution. Significant reporting of technical and commercial contract issues is an essential component of the role with Siemens management and subcontractors, in various areas of the world.

This warranty role involves significant interaction with Siemens Europe project management personnel, designers, commercial personnel, and the Siemens IT department to resolve a significant number of Warranty technical issues involving all aspects of the Power Stations.

The work with Siemens vendors includes significant contractual and commercial interaction as well as technical fault / defect analysis, negotiation and resolution. A major challenge with defect rectification is access to equipment / systems on continuously operating Power Stations / Transmission lines. – less
NA
Operation and Maintenance Engineer-June (Current Employee), DubaiNovember 15, 2014
Siemens is a very good and famous company in whole world i am working in siemens till now.
The work in the department of Migration
Engineer of Migration (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaNovember 15, 2014
The working environment is very good. Clean and full of sun shine.
My partners is very kind.
The management is great.
I learn many kinds of technology skills there and also love to work with them.
Typical Day at Work
Product Manager (Current Employee), Malvern PaNovember 15, 2014
Cons: management lacks decision skills and resource management skills
The company has too many meetings. There are more meetings to decide direction than hours in a day. I enjoy the intereaction with customers and the happiness when we deliver feature functionality that they can use.
it was great working with seimens
Piping engineer (Former Employee), GJNovember 15, 2014
worked with seimens at DGEN 1200 mw power plant and have completed the piping construction work HRSG unit. got a chance to work in the power field. the best thing about seimens is they always push for cleaner, healthier and safer work place and all this without compromising the work part. the satisfaction that we get after completing a project is the – more... best part of this job. – less
Work Environment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZNovember 15, 2014
Un-organized, giving new procedure without proper training, you wont feel secure in terms of backing up from your mngt. no team work, some people loves to play it safe, if something mistake happens, you will feel threatened and your reason wont be considered.

most enjoyable part of the job? well i can say atleast they have saturday off.
Contract
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Addison, TXNovember 14, 2014
Great company - Short term contract. Good Team work. Upgraded hard drives, memory, and operating systems.
Effecient and healthy working environment
Sales Support Assistant (Current Employee), SingaporeNovember 13, 2014
I am constantly picking up new skills each day at work. I too am at an advantage to be surrounded by supportive colleagues, who enforce the importance of learning and the inculcation of a work-life balance. The professional relationship embarked upon between co-workers are mutual and mature, reinforcing a healthy working environment.
the was very interesting IT support
IT support (Former Employee), NottinghamNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 30 min
I learhing at tned a lot of thing at siemens buildind a PC from scrach/ troubleshooting/ i was very happy of fixing computer
not a good company to work for
Street Light/Traffic Signal Technician (Current Employee), El Cajon, CANovember 10, 2014
work days were very stressful, no structure, no leadership, office was a disaster no communication, a lot of lazinee from other employees, work was hard without good pay, i learned a lot from certain employess, management did not look out for employees
Great COmpany to work for
HR Administrator (Former Employee), DurhamNovember 10, 2014
Pros: christmas bonus
Cons: redundancy
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Siemens unfortunately I did not want to relocate when they moved the HR department to Poole. I gained my experience in excel whilst working there, and also met a great bunch of colleagues who I will stay in touch with.
Siemens company
Store Keeper/Driver (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi,November 10, 2014
Siemens is a very good company and it's a multi national company also. So i got good felicities from there. Three years i worked in Siemens.
Nice Office Standards & Professional environement
Vice President-General Manager (Former Employee), Jeddah-KSANovember 9, 2014
It is a life experience to work for Siemens where i was able to build my professionalism & culture commitment. The work cover the support of all department & problem solving & tasks accomplishment

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more