Siemens
1,081 reviews

Siemens Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed the atmosphere along with my colleauges
Senior Buyer steel commodity (Former Employee), Tilbury, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Tools were provided to complete your tasks the only short fall was the decision came from Germany. This made it difficult to chose the right supplier. Germany would chose the lowest bidder but would experiance quality issues down the road once production started.
Work, life and balance
Senior Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTSeptember 19, 2014
I was an assistant to the regional manager and had 45 direct reports to take care of also. From scheduling to making travel arrangements for them all. I organized large corporate functions.
fun
Management Trainer (Former Employee), ERLANGENSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: powerful job
Cons: long hours and intensive
•a typical day at work: in na hotel as management trainer
•what you learned: about people and employees needs
•management: long preparation
•your co-workers: very enjoyable
•the hardest part of the job: intensive in long hours and conversations
•the most enjoyable part of the job: knowing many co-workers and powerful job
it was good
Manufacturing Technician level -3 (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 17, 2014
it was really good place to work but I got laid off ...
pay was good for temporary employee
Server Tech
Server Technician (Former Employee), Irvine,CaSeptember 16, 2014
Confirm server make/model/serial No.
Confirm available rack space for additional equipment
good place to work people are friendly.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Worcester, MASeptember 16, 2014
First do a pre maintance on machine. check all oil level and coolant level.. check routing and read instruction, making sure all paper work is available and up to revision level .if part is set up read note from previous operator to se where he left off. make sure all measuring tool is available. if part is a prove out make scratch cut on part and check – more... dimension to blue print .Last but not least machine part to customer requirement. – less
talented group of people
Millwright (Current Employee), HustonSeptember 15, 2014
Inconsistent work flow
lots to learn and good people to teach you
work place
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee), bangaloreSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: benefits
was really a good work place even though we have stress we wont feel it.
Friendly team workers
Phone And Internet Repairer (Former Employee), BeestonSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: far away
I have made up and run telephone systems, repair them, fixed motherboards and helped other workers in their work, repair computer`s and computer systems.
Job satisfaction.
Assembler/Tester/Quality Control (Former Employee), Bellefontaine, OhioSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: company moved to mexico
The overall ratings for Siemens is up to the employee. Some jobs were harder then other jobs, and some jobs were easier then some. Moving up with the company became benefical for employees that wanted to gain more company and business knowledge.
Very happy to work with all of them
Construction Manager (Current Employee), Singapore, S00September 8, 2014
Pros: games
Cons: good time
so far good
Learne Subsea and Top site module Fabrication
Not really support
Very good Team i have
As normal
Good Team support
Good Company
System Analyst (Current Employee), Malvern, PASeptember 8, 2014
Too much red tape to get things done.
Overall a good company with plans of succeeding in the healthcare marketplace
Perfect
Senior Engineer / Customer Support (Current Employee), Looking for another jobSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: plenty to talk about
Cons: tight lipped
The travelling and to meet and work with different ethnics is the most challenging part of my career
OK for the money, but very little possibility for career advancement
HR Administrator (Current Employee), PooleSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, diligent colleagues, everyone is approachable
Cons: no clear career progression, weak management
The HR Delivery Centre is a new set-up having been moved from Durham. It handles administrative tasks as well as the front-line calls for Siemens UK HR etc.

Unfortunately redundancies are constantly on the table, the HR Delivery Centre having been moved two times in the last four years, and a constant push for further efficencies in the form of automation, – more... outsourcing etc.

Everyone is friendly, there is very little 'office politics' and the atmosphere is generally collegial. Managers are approachable. The building is also very modern.

There is no clear performance management process and bonuses are decided on a company-wide level rather than individual contribution. Consequently, unfortunately difficult to be noticed for the work you do - too many employees in one large open plan environment.

The work is usually very transactional and not very challenging. Some processes are very poor and there is little to no practical way to change them for the benefit of the company.

Though at a high level change is encouraged, the change management process in place strangles innovation at an administrative level.

Not a bad place to work by any means but not a place to build a career. – less
Quite a nice place to intern: people there, office environment and company culture are all fantastic.
Full-time intern in PRL (Former Employee), 北京市, C22September 3, 2014
Pros: nice lunch and breakfast even not for free; nice colleagues; comfortable environment.
Cons: sometimes the procedure of checkin and checkout are too complicated.
I did the full-time internship in Procurement and Logistics Department of Siemens China. My major responsibility was to completed the task of promoting ‘Siemens Sustainable Development Online Questionnaire’ and when I finished my intern over 220 (87 percent) Siemens suppliers participated, and over 220 suppliers completed the survey. The hardest part – more... of my work was to contact suppliers because we need Managers to complete the task while managers are always busy. So I need to try many times to persuade them to participate. Also, some suppliers showed bad attitude, increasing the difficulties of my work. But my boss, NG Hoiling, a nice lady from Hong Kong, give me a hand every time I got trouble. She taught me how to contact with suppliers when they were not willing to cooperate and even contacted IT staff for suppliers' contact when their information were missing. When she asked me to send files to secretaries of CFO or CEO in 28th floor, she would always tell me why she asked me to do that and how to communicate with those secretaries. She gave a summary discussion about the pace of my work at the end of every work to help me push the task. I really learn a lot from her about communicating, organized work and more.
Besides, I also participated the organization of PRL 2014 Annual Party and PRL Office Move. During the office move, my effort got recognized by all staff in our office. Helping with office administrative work is also my daily work.
I really love this German company: positive attitude to work, polite treat to people, and company culture. All of these delivered an image of an excellent international company. – less
Exellent
Civil Site Manger (Former Employee), Dubai, DUSeptember 2, 2014
Exellent company to work with,timely payingAccomplished, multilingual Civil Engineer with significant experience in the respective field. Skilled in staff supervision, cost control, contract negotiations and technical evaluations. Fluent in English, Hindi, Malayalam and conversant in Arabic. Talented, results-driven professional with versatile experience – more... in AutoCAD – less
ok place to work for
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 1, 2014
high volume handling of service calls and on call work on supporting current and older pbx systems.
Excellently run and highlyb proficient company which places an emphasis on quality repairs maintenance and Health and Safety Issues.
Assistant Technician Work Placement/experience (Former Employee), Northampton, ENGAugust 31, 2014
Pros: learning new skills, and feeling part of a wonderful team, and company, - they could not do enough to help me
Cons: long hours the days were long travelling to and from work, but i was determined to do it.
I started each day at 07:30 and returned home at 18:00, travelling with my daad. I got up each morning at 06:15 and spent all day there, learning highly technical issues that effect the smooth running of the latest Electric Passenger Trains.
I learnt new practical hand skills, replacing defective components and fault finded using the latest computer – more... diagnistics.
I worked in a tightly pact team on shift who all knew their jobs well and passed their wide ranging skills onto me.
I was expected to produce high standards along side the workers under their tuition.
I had to pass a safety induction into the depot before I could work in the depot and passed with flying colours.
I had to fill in an experience logbook which wa marked and checked by my training administrator.
I also had to follow a timetable of work duties each day, which differed, as sometimes I worked in the production team , and other times I worked in the stores.
I really enjoyed my time their and have got written references and witness testimonies from the technicians, stores staff, trainers, supervisors, admin staff and managers who have written it down which can be viewed in my portfolio, should the need arise. – less
A leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading-edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy
Manager, Asset Services (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJ, IndiaAugust 30, 2014
- Project manager for Network Seervices Group.
-Operation and Maintenence of Power Sub stations,
- Energy Transmission
- Testing of electrical equipments,
- Condition based Monitoring.
- Resource management.
productive
Receptionist (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPAugust 28, 2014
Pros: knocking off early in month end
Cons: normal hrs
dealing with factory workers, interact with people from overseas
lots of training, development has access to further studies

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more