Siemens
1,019 reviews

Siemens Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
brace shipments and large assemblies (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: straight days weekends off except for overtime
Cons: too many bosses
in 37 yrs. i was only laid off twice due to lack of work friendly and helpful co-workers,knowledgable and cooperative management
good job, badly run
Welder (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 12, 2012
Pros: clean and safe work conditions
Cons: not a team environment

siemens – October 31, 2012

Easy place to work but poor job satisfaction.Bad management, including supervision back biting,and lack of discipline created disrespect and mistrust between worker and management. Supervisor Document control was not cooperative. and very selfish. Defiantly is not good place, because they do not trained properly.

Very fun place to work with great people.
Electrical Apprentice - Comercial (Current Employee), The bow, Calgary AlbertaOctober 2, 2012
Pros: great co workers, lots of pipe bending.
Cons: poor management, lack of work.
I liked working for Siemens, i am only wanting to leave and look for new work because i feel i need to learn more electrical at my level of apprenticeship. The management on the other hand was very poor, in regards to having material on site when needed and job explanation and management. A typical day at work would be to just show up on time and you – more... would be told then what you where going to do.. if there was anything. My first year there i did allot of bending pipe and pulling wire, along with terminations. Nothing was ever hard about the job besides baring the heat at the bow some days. The most enjoyable part of the day would just be working with great co-workers. only real negative thing is the teaching of things was poor. – less
Great place to work.
Project Administrator/Small Works Project Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCOctober 2, 2012
My time with Siemens was very positive. I worked with a great team. It was an exciting time prior to the Olympics but then the economic down trend began with mass layoffs. However, it was an experience that I wouldn't change for anything.
housekeeping job
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: cup cake
Cons: 5 hours
i do cleaning at night time, so not much people around during those time, security are good they keep observing and checking out the place as i observed.
they do not keep to their promises
Tech. Engineer 2 / Electicians Apprentice (Current Employee), Regina, SKSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: dental
Cons: not stimulating
boring and frustrating, and hard to get ahold of HR. The corporation does not seem to value employees. It seems that we are all expendable. The hardest part of the job is likeing the job.
advance tool application
Mechanical/maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Shanghai, ChinaAugust 31, 2012
Pros: new technology to learn, problem solving experience
Cons: long work hour
walk around in work hop to identify potential process improvement opportunity; executed preventative maintenance plan.
Siemens power generation very good company to work for.
Inspector (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 29, 2012
Production supervisor overseeing manufacturing, machining, welding, and quaility assurance.
Working well with other and co-workers is very important.
Management is an important role in any company.Overtime is good, however too many hours can get tiring.
Meeting daily requirement and earning respect from co-workers.
Siemens power generation very good company to work for.
Inspector (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 29, 2012
Working well with other and co-workers is very important.
Meeting daily requirement and earning respect from co-workers.
Pettiness among greatness
CSR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2012
Pros: lunches
Cons: cattiness, finger-pointing, inward focus, caught up in the past
You will find this division a tough one if you don't have eyes in the back of your head for back-stabbers. Also, watch out for the daggers that may come your way. Great company on paper but lots of internal problems. Depts very inward looking. Managers do not encourage advancement.
They always had work, paid weekly
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2012
Pros: lots of work
Cons: big company disorganization
They're great to work for. If they had a job for me in Lethbridge I'd take it. But you cant run a job site in Calgary if you live in Lethbridge
started with challenge but ended with cheers
Technical Support Engineer/Quality Analyst (Former Employee), IndiaJuly 5, 2012
Pros: excellent learning programms for employees
As I started my Job at Siemens India, It was Challenging time for me, as I was for a longtime out of the Indian work-cultur. At initial stage, when the day started and when it came ends, it was hard to discribe, as I had many things to learn. Thanks to my Operation Manager & my other collegue They helped me lots. They found out very quickly what I kinds – more... of quality I have and how to develop it throgh different tasks. They provided me the opportunities, where I can learn new technical & Project management related tools. With the huge team support I have completed 3 Years sucessfully in International German Project. Most cheerful part was, once our project was selected for the Best project out of 11 projects in our organisations. – less
my work was, teachable and active work with avery good colleagues
Training manager and US application speciallist (Former Employee), Iran ,TehranJune 29, 2012
Pros: free courses and free training classes like foreign languages
Cons: low salary due to sanction and other political problems
A typical day starts from 8 o'clock.
we had some followe programs:
1.I trained some doctors with US systems(Sono &Echo)
2.Management of other trainer groups like MRI and AXA systems
3.Preparing papers for doctors about systems
4.Translating and observation on book translates
5.I like teaching so my best time was doctors training on systems.
6.I think – more... that the worst part of my job was salary and other work benefites likes bonus and others. – less
Well organized company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 20, 2012
Pros: it's management & corporate structure
Cons: not that good at compensation
A good company with an organized management structure which has been able to increase employee efficiency as well as reduce unnecessary expenses. This extra edge has allowed Siemens to reduce costs while increasing earnings
very high productive workplace
Machinist (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJuly 29, 2014
Pros: very good benefits
i set up and operated manual milling machines for all the shifts. I enjoyed doing it and was very good at it.I installed radii up to 48 inches inside internal roots on steam airfoil blades. I also set up and operated some bridgeport production jobs. When i wasnt operating manual machinery i was operating CNC milling machines. I never became a CNC set – more... up man because my primary job was the manual machines. I was an old timer having over 34 years in the company.I never got laid off along with fellow employees during the slow buissness periods.

When the company relocated to Chicopee, MA i had the oppurtunity to apply for any of several positions but four highways, Hartford and Springfield traffic twice a day,38 miles one way and a 50 minute drive contributed to my decision not to apply for a position. I do not like driving in traffic and refuse to go near Hartford or drive thru the city of Hartford. – less
Great culture and stimulating working environment
Marketing Communication Internship (Former Employee), Erlangen, BYJuly 29, 2014
Continuously challenging working environment which demanded strong results to help the smooth running of the internal communications department
Over all good
Project coordinator (Former Employee), Surat, GJJuly 28, 2014
Management support, behaviour with employees, timely salary reimbursement were good.
This job was shutdown work 6 days aweek.
member of a large maintenance crew (Former Employee), Loy Yang, VICJuly 28, 2014
Pros: working in an experienced team environment.
Cons: shut down was only 2 months work.
It was a fantastic opportunity to work there completing the Turbine and Rotor overhaul.
Original family oriented organization swallowed up by global conglomerate that appeared unable to into the hearts and homes of local staff
Tech Support Specialist / Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Mason, OHJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great opportunities and encouragement to learn, grow, and move up
Cons: global management concepts applied to local situations
A cube farm full of workers who slowly had restrictions applied to squeeze out every potential once of productivity.
SAP MM WM Consultant
BPE (Former Employee), OrlandoJuly 24, 2014
Managed SAP Logistics and supply chain processes for Energy division.

About Siemens

Siemens AG (German pronunciation: [ˈziːməns]) is a German engineering conglomerate, the largest of its kind in Europe. Siemens – Read more