Siemens
1,125 reviews

Siemens Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They always had work, paid weekly
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2012
Pros: lots of work
Cons: big company disorganization
They're great to work for. If they had a job for me in Lethbridge I'd take it. But you cant run a job site in Calgary if you live in Lethbridge
Well organized company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Malvern, PAJune 20, 2012
Pros: it's management & corporate structure
Cons: not that good at compensation
A good company with an organized management structure which has been able to increase employee efficiency as well as reduce unnecessary expenses. This extra edge has allowed Siemens to reduce costs while increasing earnings
Enjoyed the atmosphere along with my colleauges
Senior Buyer steel commodity (Former Employee), Tilbury, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Tools were provided to complete your tasks the only short fall was the decision came from Germany. This made it difficult to chose the right supplier. Germany would chose the lowest bidder but would experiance quality issues down the road once production started.
good work place with everything convenient
Intern, Business Department (Former Employee), 北京市, C22October 19, 2014
improved my working ability as well as communication skills.
Productive and good people
Material Handler (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good health care insurance
A typical day work is come in the morning sort work out and give to material handlers pick, pack, receive help production lines make sure they have there parts to built.

What I learn is to communicate with people to serve them the best that I can.

Management I make sure my workers are doing the right thing and accurate and to make sure my customers – more... are satisfied on the day to day bases.

The hardest part of my job is to make sure all the production lines are running.

The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people everyday. – less
fun workplace
machinist (Former Employee), bahrainOctober 18, 2014
The most of work overhead crane operator, machine maintenance assistant,general assistant in workshop,band saw machine operator, milling machine operator assistant like Workpiece Clamping, wood cargo box builder

I learned a lot of stuff in the workshop ,such as thinking before acting and safety first before everything and there is no error or problem – more... can not be solved , but there are always things that are no longer fit for work or safe work must change .

The old management good.

The hardest working with a team does not know the meaning of the planning and distribution of tasks and Safety first for completion of work is less risk .

Enjoyable part every day there are new things to learn and acquire the skills and knowledge does not stop . – less
I love the travel at the time, and was supported by the company.
Senior Field Tech (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: traveling and not have to work on the same machine every year.
Cons: have only 3 day's home and two of the days are travel time
a typical day was received the machine, start installation where our customer wanted. Day 2 get the machine running and ready for test.
Day 3 train the operators and trouble shoot any and all issues. Paperwork and sell-off Doc's sign-off.
Great place to work.
SME/ Infrastructure Architect (Current Employee), West Chester, PAOctober 16, 2014
Large environment, something for everyone. most enjoyable was team, they participate well and work well together.
World Class service provider
Service Account Engineer (Current Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: company car, good people i work with.
Cons: no balance of work and personal life. increased responsibilty without compensation.
Managing 40 accounts, everyday is a reactive day. In my current postion, I coordinate with field service technicans, assist in preparation of project scope developement with sales. Maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.

In 17 plus years at my current postion, I have gained industry knowledge from installation to commisioning and project – more... delivery, Campus level utility distribution. Developement and implementation of strategic maint.planning. Contract scope deveopement, bidding and negotiations processes.

I am a member of a world class service team that is among the best in the country. Consistantly maintaining contract and project margins while maintaining world class customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of my job is the increasing workload and policy changes within the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the sense of accomplishment. The teamwork and individuals that are customers both internal and external. Being an important part of the total success gives me the most satifaction. – less
Great Company to work for
Director Financial Planning & Reporting (Former Employee), ConnecticutOctober 13, 2014
Great leaders
Excellent growth opportunities
Empowered their employees
Good company
Turbine Field Service Marketing Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: plenty of training oppotunities
Cons: poor management
The type of work was challenging and rewarding the company in itself was not one that gave support to employees or much room for growth professionally
A lot to learn from SIEMENS
Trainee (Former Employee), KalwaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch, transport
Excellent experience to work with SIEMENS to manage the shopfloor
to work with an manufacturing unit.
Hospitality is good in around the All colleagues who i worked with..
SAP ABAP Technical Associate consultant (Current Employee), ATOS PVT Limited, Bangalore, INOctober 12, 2014
Pros: there is team party lunch for every year for free :) apart from this nothing is free ;)
Cons: yep sometimes our organization used to conduct health care camps and all
A typical day at work:

Monday is typical day to work :) because its comes after the weekend :)

What you learned:

I learned many new things in my previous projects and current running project like..attitude, skills in technical coding, communicating with other colleagues, clients, management etc..and i am still trying to learn new things to enhance – more... my skills

Management:

Management is OK type.

Your co-workers:

co-workers are very good and very friendly

The hardest part of the job.

When you don't get appreciation when did the successful development and delivered it on time :)

The most enjoyable part of the job:

As i am technical I am most happy when i solved the most critical issue :) – less
productive work place
worked BMS technician (Former Employee), Dewa,October 9, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: 10 hours
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fabulous, fun, relaxed office environment
Team Assistand & PA to BU Directors & Managers (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 9, 2014
Pros: canteen, gym, medical aid, flexi time
Cons: growth
Hectic, fast paced
Learned to have an attitude to just get the job done well
Deadline driven
Loved the pressure
Had a fablous team
Had a lot to do but got the job done
Always getting the impossible done with dedication
Great company
Finance Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee), Malvern, PAOctober 8, 2014
It was difficult getting used to a large corporation with the "red tape" and hoops to jump through. It is very different from working at a small company. However, Siemens is a very innovative company that I am glad to be a part of.
Plant closed, shipped overseas and Mexico
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Urbana, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: doesn't exsist anymore
Was a decent job until the plant closed. Nothing much more to say.

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more