Siemens

Siemens Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging & demanding environment
IT Projet Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: good long-term benefits
- Cut-through culture with limited leadership
- Good long-term benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day at work is always on a go, my co-works are amazing, the hardest part of the job was learning things on my own, the most enjoyable part of job is learning new things and always doing something different
never seen a company run the way they do.
not telling (Former Employee), not tellingJanuary 8, 2014
Good place to work but they have found a loophole in the system that enables the employees receive no overtime pay when you do work extra hours (to those working 4 days on....4 days off) You must work a certain amount of hours without missing 1 hour otherwise no o.t. pay. Not recommended to people with families.
Fast paced environment - Never the same day twice.
Bilingual Customer Service/Customer Care Centre (Current Employee), Oakville, OntarioDecember 29, 2013
Assessing customer contracts appropriately and dispatching to the field personnel accordingly.
Problem solving is part of the daily routine.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize are both essential tasks to the position.
a stable job
Senior Financial Controller (Current Employee), OakvilleNovember 19, 2013
I am with siemens since 1996. I worked in Jordan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Canada.At Siemens , I worked in different departments / sectors ; Telecommunications, Healthcare and Energy at different senior positions.
challenging
Accounts Receivable Analyst/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), ottawaOctober 18, 2013
I came in to this position, with the receivables in the rears by 3 years, and had to contact client and collect delinquent accounts. It was very challenging. In the end I always met my quotas and beyond.
Very good as an electrician... wouldn't want to work in the office.
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee), Edmonton, AbOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great pay through union
Cons: office/management very unorganized
Great place to work with great pay and benefits... Management does all they can but lack of staff seams to make it hard for them to respond quickly to men in the field with answers.
My work life at Siemens Westinghouse.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: excellent wages, good benefits, good work environment
Cons: plant closure and moving to the us
We were a three shift operation,working static shifts I worked 11 pm. to 7am. Typically I would arrive early to go over the shift prior to mine with the afternoon operator, then either carry on with what ever job was loaded or load another diaphram for laser welding..
Over the years at Siemens -Westinghouse power generation I learned many skills ..I worked as a gas and plasma shape cutter operator,Fitter welder (tig Welding), Paint shop, and finally,CNC Laser welding and cutting. Our management team worked hand in hand with our labour force,, with very good communications and cooperation .we produced high quality extremely efficient Gas turbine engines,the largest 60 hz. turbine in the world.. Working here was a pleasure,, We had many company activities. ie::golf tournaments, family outings , Christmas parties ,etc. I've never considered my job hard, but more mentally challenging,, but enjoyable..
Learning new skills was by far the most enjoyable part of my job.
job
Machine operator / Material handler (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 17, 2013
line work,quality team player ,work with a lot people around
Something different every day
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Tilbury, ONJuly 16, 2013
You work on a rotation, so no 2 days are the same. It's nice to have the diversity on any given day.
UX Designer
UX designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
10+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer working with web and mobile applications focusing on; Conception and creation of design solutions, detailed functional specification documents, and scalable dynamic user interfaces working with a wide range of interface design tools for clients across multiple industries
Large corporation that offers a lot of different opportunities if you make the right political connections.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 5, 2013
Pros: broad range of project types allow for a stimulating work environment, coworkers are generally very solid people.
Cons: upper management is disconnected from the realities of each "profit center", and operate in a reactionary environment without much forethought or a plan.
In Canada, Siemens decided to change their entire method of tracking and documenting a projects status and the billing methods. This exercise went off the rails almost immediately due to a lack of preparation and understanding of the complexities involved in making such a radical change in operational procedures. There was a considerable amount of confusion created among the rank and file, resulting in a serious decline in the companies cashflow and ultimately the laying off of a large number of personnel.
My Time with Siemns-Trench
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Working for SIEMENS means a lot. Specially for Siemens -Trench
where we make Reactors to power transmission industry across the globe. I have learned Engineering design, Manufacturing methods, and new Lean Six Sigma Implementation tools. Handing work force who have an average 20 years service with the company. it's great place to work for !.
My Typical day of work is being on the production floor most of time...sorting out human related, technical related, productivity related, maintenance related issues in order to get the final best results at end of the day. being proactive in APS...Advance production planning system.
Results have shown what we could do better by implementing and using new methods.
Great Environmet
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 5, 2013
~ Busy but enjoyable
~ In-dependency, Reliability, Communication
~ Management is busy yet always available
~ Co-workers are positive and friendly
~ When the contract ended
~ The experience and knowledge gained
Perm staff senior role
Contracts/Claims Manager (Current Employee), Surrey UKJune 3, 2013
Great opportunity, sadly time to move on.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

Good workplace, chancy management
Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2013
Worked at two different sites at Siemens. One site had an amazing team to work with. The second site had a disorganized mess in terms of management.
great place to work , lots of new equipment, steady employment until it closed in 2011,
Machine Fitter/Machine Tool & Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: flexable with time keeping
Cons: closed down and moved out of country to the ...u s a
Co workers very helpfull some team effort required but mostly on your own so need good troubleshooting skills.
I did like to work for these company
General Labourer (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Cons: long hour and overtime is ok for me
I learned a lots and I am ready to learn more. I get along with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job when they put you somewhere you didn't do that type of job before without training. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work together.
NA
Administrative/Clerical (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
blue collar employees great to work with - some management was difficult
Interesting place to work, challenging work
Team Lead (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: good wages, good office enviroment, good employees
Cons: foreign owned, management not in tune with employees
Not a bad place to work, sometimes challenging and exciting opportunities, projects, tasks available for employees with some initiitive. Good wages and a nice office enviroment. I made a lot of friends and enjoyed my job most days. Unfortunately being a foreign owned company the work was pulled out of Hamilton and moved to the US. and the Hamilton plant shutdown. Somewhat top heavy with Management types who weren't always in tune with the rank and file employees.

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more