Siemens

Siemens Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Training Engineer (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaJuly 16, 2013
Analyze and discuss projects, give some ideas and try to find solutions for a particular project in order to make it work.
Something different every day
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Tilbury, ONJuly 16, 2013
You work on a rotation, so no 2 days are the same. It's nice to have the diversity on any given day.
UX Designer
UX designer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
10+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer working with web and mobile applications focusing on; Conception and creation of design solutions, detailed functional specification documents, and scalable dynamic user interfaces working with a wide range of interface design tools for clients across multiple industries
Progress, Openness, Acceptance
Acts as IT Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesJuly 13, 2013
Working with Siemens was a great opportunity for me because I was frustrated back then before I got hired by the company. So many personal issues and challenges I was going through then. Siemens gave me new dreams and vision. The company made me feel that I deserve something better because I can do more. With Siemens, I've realized and learned how to – more... collaborate with different groups of people. I discovered that you need to reach out to superiors and almost to everybody to broaden your connections and learn new things. I appreciate my experience and learned a lot during my stay not just about being a Help Desk by as a person. – less
Large corporation that offers a lot of different opportunities if you make the right political connections.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 5, 2013
Pros: broad range of project types allow for a stimulating work environment, coworkers are generally very solid people.
Cons: upper management is disconnected from the realities of each "profit center", and operate in a reactionary environment without much forethought or a plan.
In Canada, Siemens decided to change their entire method of tracking and documenting a projects status and the billing methods. This exercise went off the rails almost immediately due to a lack of preparation and understanding of the complexities involved in making such a radical change in operational procedures. There was a considerable amount of confusion – more... created among the rank and file, resulting in a serious decline in the companies cashflow and ultimately the laying off of a large number of personnel. – less
My Time with Siemns-Trench
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Working for SIEMENS means a lot. Specially for Siemens -Trench
where we make Reactors to power transmission industry across the globe. I have learned Engineering design, Manufacturing methods, and new Lean Six Sigma Implementation tools. Handing work force who have an average 20 years service with the company. it's great place to work for !.
My Typical – more... day of work is being on the production floor most of time...sorting out human related, technical related, productivity related, maintenance related issues in order to get the final best results at end of the day. being proactive in APS...Advance production planning system.
Results have shown what we could do better by implementing and using new methods. – less
• Develop CMS for Siemens, web and mobile • Create and maintain warehouse management system • Develop system for manage production line
CTO Soft (Former Employee), KievJune 8, 2013
• Develop CMS for Siemens, web and mobile
• Create and maintain warehouse management system
• Develop system for manage production line
Great Environmet
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 5, 2013
~ Busy but enjoyable
~ In-dependency, Reliability, Communication
~ Management is busy yet always available
~ Co-workers are positive and friendly
~ When the contract ended
~ The experience and knowledge gained
Perm staff senior role
Contracts/Claims Manager (Current Employee), Surrey UKJune 3, 2013
Great opportunity, sadly time to move on.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

effective and productive environment to grow in automation and control profile
Associate Consultant (I & C) (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRMay 26, 2013
-8 hrs a day
-learned to have balanced life between work and personal life
i.e. at work, work only
-management understands the need of employee and company both
-co workers are co operative
-exploring the variety and different tasks
-fun along with work
Good workplace, chancy management
Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 13, 2013
Worked at two different sites at Siemens. One site had an amazing team to work with. The second site had a disorganized mess in terms of management.
Consistency
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee), ColombiaMarch 28, 2013
Pros: long term career
At Siemens you can shape a long term career in an specific field. The culture within the company promotes the expertise in the functions and wight much more experience than education.
Sometimes Management is the cause of a company's decline
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), ISLAMABAD, PakistanMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good financial controls methodology
Cons: excessive and un-necessary use of these controls.
Siemens had become too bureaucratic in their behavior creating more problems in managing sales and deployment. Although Siemens was an engineering company, the control of the business had shifted from engineering into the hands of financial managers. Result was excess use of financial control which badly affected project execution. Inter-regional conflicts – more... were also there.

This all resulted in Siemens lacking behind in technology transitions and finally were sold out to Nokia to become Nokia Siemens Networks. – less
Siemens provides work life balance in every respect
Associate Consultant (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 11, 2013
The day at siemens starts with fun , the work was a team work and nagament was full supportive . Smart work is always appreciated and awarded.
great place to work , lots of new equipment, steady employment until it closed in 2011,
Machine Fitter/Machine Tool & Equipment Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: flexable with time keeping
Cons: closed down and moved out of country to the ...u s a
Co workers very helpfull some team effort required but mostly on your own so need good troubleshooting skills.
I did like to work for these company
General Labourer (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Cons: long hour and overtime is ok for me
I learned a lots and I am ready to learn more. I get along with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job when they put you somewhere you didn't do that type of job before without training. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work together.
High efficient course to learn S7-300 and Wincc HMI programming
Trainee (Former Employee), TehrānFebruary 8, 2013
I learned:
Structured Control Language, SCL, of Siemens
Using system function blocks like PID controller, Pulse generator, and intrupts.
SCADA WIncc HMI programming
NA
Administrative/Clerical (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: na
blue collar employees great to work with - some management was difficult
Interesting place to work, challenging work
Team Lead (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 7, 2012
Pros: good wages, good office enviroment, good employees
Cons: foreign owned, management not in tune with employees
Not a bad place to work, sometimes challenging and exciting opportunities, projects, tasks available for employees with some initiitive. Good wages and a nice office enviroment. I made a lot of friends and enjoyed my job most days. Unfortunately being a foreign owned company the work was pulled out of Hamilton and moved to the US. and the Hamilton plant – more... shutdown. Somewhat top heavy with Management types who weren't always in tune with the rank and file employees. – less
Very productive and learning
Senior Executive Engineer (Former Employee), South Korea, Saudi Arabia, GermanyOctober 29, 2012
Pros: good work environment
working for Siemens as a contractor for last 10 years. Its always been good.

About Siemens

Siemens AG (German pronunciation: [ˈziːməns]) is a German engineering conglomerate, the largest of its kind in Europe. Siemens – Read more