Siemens
1,132 reviews

Siemens Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Goo
Help Desk Analyst (English/Spanish) (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2014
Good Benefits
Nice working environment
Good salary
Nice facilities
Productive and dedicated company to be a former employee to.
SQL Server 2012 Data Base Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
A great place and team to work with over a period of time. Management was always available and were always welcoming new ideas to increase efficiency for client and vendors.
Productive ,energetic and hard worker.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Concord, ONJuly 18, 2014
Typical work day I prefer to work in a happy and friendly environment this will motivate me more and will increase my productivity. I like my management to give me freedom and let me work independently.
I have more than a decade experience in my job and I have been working with many employers in different industries and learned a lot from each of them.
Being – more... positive ,hard worker , quick learner, team worker, and so many other good qualities were are the result of my several years experiences in accounting.
I am studying toward my CGA as part time student and I am hoping to complete my designation in near future.
Hardest part of job is month end closing which needs to work more hours and to be able to handle your street to meet the deadline. – less
Great people being managed badly
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary ABApril 25, 2014
I loved my job, enjoyed working with my co-workers, but management is always looking for a way to stretch people until they break. Broken employees move on, so there is lots of turn over. They are slow to fill vacancies and quick to pile on job responsibilities when other people leave.
Productive and open cultrual
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), C30April 22, 2014
What I had learned:
Experiences in PLM±
Good master of I-DEAS, Pro/E and AutoCAD;
Proficiency in materials selection and various tooling methods (eg. Injection molding, VARI, and SLS);
Special concern of safety, and knowledge about TŰV, UL, RoHS, ISO13485 etc.
Cross-cultrual communication skills.
A good world class organisation with a track record of global success
Business Developer- Major accounts (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 23, 2014
Pros: depth of product's and services
Cons: expanding in calgary
Great people, Great company. I have represented Siemens and demonstrated its strengths to major Oil and Gas companies and EPC's.. worked on bussiness development including proposal manager. Worked for in major projects of TransCanada, Shell, Imperial.
Productive and fun place
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: overtime, weekly lunch
Cons: closed environment
Siemens Canada Inc was good for the Tech support environment. I worked with tech support team responsible for Help Desk, Data Centre and IT Operations. Got learnt different process and procedure for tech support along with Windows environment.
Benefits
FINANCIAL / COST ANALYST (Former Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 22, 2014
Good benefits for coverage for the whole family. Other perks like Perkopolis membership and special pricing for certain vendors. Also fairly generous RSP matching
productive place
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 21, 2014
working in a supportive environment
the hardest part was working in a factory which was very different from my field
very good place
Technical Support Specialist / NOC Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2014
very good place and Performed Managed Microsoft domain services including Active directory, Creating, deleting user account

groups, assign rights and permissions for files and folders, mapping network paths, security

permissions, Security patch update, DNS, DHCP, VPN, FTP etc. Troubleshoot and resolve all the issues

related to the clients machine – more... on windows platform Windows XP, Windows 7. Remote in through

net meeting, bp portal, fastsupport.com, logmein123.com, gotoassist.com, Teamviewer whenever necessary. – less
TEAM AND TARGET
Technician Helper (Former Employee), installation of ICC data on qaulity controlFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: rice and chicken
Cons: short hours
THE BUILDING ON FIRE
SAFETY FIRST
WELL BEING OF WORKERS
SAFETY AWAREINESS AND MATERIALS SAFETY
SHORT OF MATERIALS
TEAM WORK AND TIME KEEKING
Challenging & demanding environment
IT Projet Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: good long-term benefits
- Cut-through culture with limited leadership
- Good long-term benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 12, 2014
A typical day at work is always on a go, my co-works are amazing, the hardest part of the job was learning things on my own, the most enjoyable part of job is learning new things and always doing something different
never seen a company run the way they do.
not telling (Former Employee), not tellingJanuary 8, 2014
Good place to work but they have found a loophole in the system that enables the employees receive no overtime pay when you do work extra hours (to those working 4 days on....4 days off) You must work a certain amount of hours without missing 1 hour otherwise no o.t. pay. Not recommended to people with families.
Fast paced environment - Never the same day twice.
Bilingual Customer Service/Customer Care Centre (Current Employee), Oakville, OntarioDecember 29, 2013
Assessing customer contracts appropriately and dispatching to the field personnel accordingly.
Problem solving is part of the daily routine.
Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize are both essential tasks to the position.
a stable job
Senior Financial Controller (Current Employee), OakvilleNovember 19, 2013
I am with siemens since 1996. I worked in Jordan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Canada.At Siemens , I worked in different departments / sectors ; Telecommunications, Healthcare and Energy at different senior positions.
challenging
Accounts Receivable Analyst/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), ottawaOctober 18, 2013
I came in to this position, with the receivables in the rears by 3 years, and had to contact client and collect delinquent accounts. It was very challenging. In the end I always met my quotas and beyond.
Very good as an electrician... wouldn't want to work in the office.
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee), Edmonton, AbOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great pay through union
Cons: office/management very unorganized
Great place to work with great pay and benefits... Management does all they can but lack of staff seams to make it hard for them to respond quickly to men in the field with answers.
My work life at Siemens Westinghouse.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: excellent wages, good benefits, good work environment
Cons: plant closure and moving to the us
We were a three shift operation,working static shifts I worked 11 pm. to 7am. Typically I would arrive early to go over the shift prior to mine with the afternoon operator, then either carry on with what ever job was loaded or load another diaphram for laser welding..
Over the years at Siemens -Westinghouse power generation I learned many skills ..I – more... worked as a gas and plasma shape cutter operator,Fitter welder (tig Welding), Paint shop, and finally,CNC Laser welding and cutting. Our management team worked hand in hand with our labour force,, with very good communications and cooperation .we produced high quality extremely efficient Gas turbine engines,the largest 60 hz. turbine in the world.. Working here was a pleasure,, We had many company activities. ie::golf tournaments, family outings , Christmas parties ,etc. I've never considered my job hard, but more mentally challenging,, but enjoyable..
Learning new skills was by far the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
job
Machine operator / Material handler (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 17, 2013
line work,quality team player ,work with a lot people around

1 2 3 4 5

About Siemens

Siemens is an integrated technology company with activities in the fields of industry, energy and healthcare. It is organized – Read more