Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Very fun place to work with great people.
Electrical Apprentice - Comercial (Current Employee) –  The bow, Calgary Alberta2 October 2012
I liked working for Siemens, i am only wanting to leave and look for new work because i feel i need to learn more electrical at my level of apprenticeship. The management on the other hand was very poor, in regards to having material on site when needed and job explanation and management. A typical day at work would be to just show up on time and you would be told then what you where going to do.. if there was anything. My first year there i did allot of bending pipe and pulling wire, along with terminations. Nothing was ever hard about the job besides baring the heat at the bow some days. The most enjoyable part of the day would just be working with great co-workers. only real negative thing is the teaching of things was poor.
Pros
great co workers, lots of pipe bending.
Cons
poor management, lack of work.
Large corporation that offers a lot of different opportunities if you make the right political connections.
Senior Project Manager  (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON5 July 2013
In Canada, Siemens decided to change their entire method of tracking and documenting a projects status and the billing methods. This exercise went off the rails almost immediately due to a lack of preparation and understanding of the complexities involved in making such a radical change in operational procedures. There was a considerable amount of confusion created among the rank and file, resulting in a serious decline in the companies cashflow and ultimately the laying off of a large number of personnel.
Pros
Broad range of project types allow for a stimulating work environment, coworkers are generally very solid people.
Cons
Upper management is disconnected from the realities of each "profit center", and operate in a reactionary environment without much forethought or a plan.
Collaboration and Professionalism
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville24 October 2015
While working at Siemens had the opportunity to collaborate with many individuals from different aspects of business in order to achieve success on projects. Everyone was very professional and helpful
Talent Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville23 April 2013
Great place to work and build a career. Wonderful culture and people to work with.
Pros
best work-life balance
Cons
no job security
Gained lots of admininstrative experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  nottingham, UK15 January 2014
My very first job. I learned lots of administrative skills and time management. I managed readings, data from meters to check for mistyping values for customer. Used my excellent computer skills for this job.
Pros
A very good team to work with
Cons
Long hours. busy
Very busy from start to end of the day.
Level I Admin for Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan12 January 2014
Enjoyed the work relating to the position. Very busy and fast paced. Co-workers were excellent, always willing to assist. Management could have expressed verbal support more often and should have addressed the requirement of the use of only English while in the communal work area. I improved my Excel skills. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all required tasks were completed and the most enjoyable was the fact that it was so busy. The day just flew by. I was regretful that I had to leave the position.
Pros
flexible start time hours
Cons
office was not very clean
Interesting place to work, challenging work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 November 2012
Not a bad place to work, sometimes challenging and exciting opportunities, projects, tasks available for employees with some initiitive. Good wages and a nice office enviroment. I made a lot of friends and enjoyed my job most days. Unfortunately being a foreign owned company the work was pulled out of Hamilton and moved to the US. and the Hamilton plant shutdown. Somewhat top heavy with Management types who weren't always in tune with the rank and file employees.
Pros
good wages, good office enviroment, good employees
Cons
foreign owned, management not in tune with employees
The best place to work in the World
Plant Operations and Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2015
Always respected for your knowledge and given the latitude to be inventive and a team participator.rewards were given for demonstrated projects completed on time and budget.
A job I thoroughly enjoy doing...working with the customers....
Bilingual Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2015
We code our customer,s new orders as well as any that need be during our day of collections. Reconcile accounts. Assist our customers (internal & external) with their requests.Request credit limit changes or advise to put a customer on hold etc...Log incoming cheques on sharepoint for the team to view...

We are treated as responsible adults and are working independantly.
Our supervisors are firm but fair. I enjoy the fact that we can work from home but being contract I can only have 2 days instead of 4.

It's a strong team environment and the people are generally great...

I need to find a full time position.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
contract work, full time hasn't been approved....as yet.
The best company I have worked for
Senior Mechanical Designer - R&D (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 January 2015
These last few years have been a wonderful experience for me, working at this company.
I have grown a lot as a person and as an engineer working alongside these wonderful people.

This was the first time in my professional career where I felt like part of a family, with people going out of their way to make me feel at home and a part of the team.
first physical labour job
Laser Operators helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2015
This was the first Job I had outside of camp and i learned a lot of lessons at it. Although I feel that I didnt get a fair shake at this job, for the most part it taught me the importance of working hard.
Great place, long tradition of solid performance
Senior Management - Business Excellence (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 September 2015
Robust and honest place to work that encourages open dialogue and performance. World leader in level and weighing products and we do the design, production and support right here.
good place to work
materials (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON31 August 2013
good place to work
clean and safe
co-works and management great
Pros
good culture
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and Fun place to work
not telling (Current Employee) –  not telling18 August 2015
Siemens has a great work environment, however it is not easy to grow within the company due to the company size. The SAP system they have makes work efficient.
Good Place to work
System Designer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 May 2015
Good place to work , allows work life balance, and has diversity.
But too many processes, which make it difficult to actually work on your task efficiently
Siemens was a good place to work, excellent working conditions with lots of room for promotion
Shipper I (Former Employee) –  chatham8 May 2015
I enjoyed working at Siemens. Was very sorry when it closed. The management was open to suggestions. I learned a lot working at Siemens. I was sent on many trouble shooting trips to help solve mistakes that ocured with our products
Very political organization; lack of professional development
Material Logistics Specialist/SC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, On, Canada16 August 2015
Transactional leadership. Very political organization in Canada. Slow decision making process. The company lacks of effective professional development programs.
great company to work for
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 February 2013
8 to 12 hour afternnon shifts i was all around maintenance worker helper pipe fitters plumbers crane work climbing brick laying oil house coolents for machines 25 years fork truck driver maintain trucks batteries snow removel blows pick up or dump trucks shipping recieving loadind unloading of transports near time of closing i can work on or drive cranes of most kinds as well as sling not really hard part in my job i learn the job and i did it well the best part of my job was meeting new people every day from all over the country ours and the world very interesting place to work i loved it i was sorry to see them move to the usa but thats life ..change is good one door closes another one opens ..
Pros
free lunches bags hats shirts all good wore them with pride
Cons
they had a union .........
2-bit Operation in the US & Canada
None - External Source (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 January 2013
Have never had any good dealings with this company. Run through NJ operations and have extremely limited staff in Canada that seem "green" and not at all what they are doing.

Management (if you could call it that) is lacking in every way possible including making decisions and even returning phone calls on deals you want them to enter in.
Pros
not much - they have very limited capital to do any kind of "deals"
Cons
unlimited.. from management to their way they do business
Great company with a strong base and ability to climb the corporate ladder
Technician & Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2013
My day to day activities include preventative maintenance of wind turbines, troubleshooting turbine issues, and fill in site lead when needed. Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with many different technicians with certain skills in this industry. In doing so, I have acquired many skill to be able to complete my work in a effective manner. I would say the hardest part of my job would be the 280 foot climb we must complete in the the mornings. The most enjoyable part of my responsibilities is when we find and repair the issue with the turbine after troubleshooting it. It is very rewarding to get the turbine up and running due to what we discovered.