Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Productive friendly enviroment
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2015
Great place to work a lot of the guys were really close, the work was repetative just a lot of conduit bending but the bosses were great and easy to talk to. Best part of the job was easily that it didnt feel like work half the time and the end of the day would come by quickly with a bunch of things compeleted. Only downside is its hard to advance seeing as youre on contract and i would want something more permenant.
Pros
Lunch near a food court, early start and off time so missed traffic.
Cons
hard to advance.
The best place to work in the World
Plant Operations and Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2015
Always respected for your knowledge and given the latitude to be inventive and a team participator.rewards were given for demonstrated projects completed on time and budget.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2015
I worked for Siemens LaserWorks for a long time. This company sponsored me and my family to come here to Canada back in 2006.
I enjoyed working there with great people. Safety was a big thing out there, which is great for workers. We had supportive management and good benefits.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Good Place to work for
Sr. Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 October 2015
* Typical day at work is hectic and high pressure; many phone calls & emails
* I learn to multitask and handle difficult issues and resolve them at orderly & professional manner
* I learn to work in high pressure environment with positive attitude
* management structure can be improved and have less layers
* Co-workers all very friendly and team oriented
* The hardest part of the job is driving more than 2 hours to and from work
* help people by providing my expertise and they appreciate it
* Good company to work; flexible work schedules; allows work from home part of the week.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
Complex organizational structures
first physical labour job
Laser Operators helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2015
This was the first Job I had outside of camp and i learned a lot of lessons at it. Although I feel that I didnt get a fair shake at this job, for the most part it taught me the importance of working hard.
Great place, long tradition of solid performance
Senior Management - Business Excellence (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 September 2015
Robust and honest place to work that encourages open dialogue and performance. World leader in level and weighing products and we do the design, production and support right here.
Good work schedule, chances to learn
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2015
12 hour days, typical day is organizing programs and material to be cut as brought to us by our shift boss. I advanced at a comfortable rate. The hardest part was communication, as there wasn't particularly much of it, at least progressively, but you have to try when you can. The part I enjoyed most was proper progressive learning about the job and productivity.
Pros
4 on 4 off work schedule
Cons
Very very hot and dusty work environment, especially in summer
Stressful place that is highly orgranized
Substation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 August 2015
All departments are working against each other.
There is no synergy between divisions.
The company is very top heavy. Too much management, not enough employees.
Coworkers are working hard to make it work.
Working from home reduces commuting stress.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Very long hours with little recognition
Productive and Fun place to work
not telling (Current Employee) –  not telling18 August 2015
Siemens has a great work environment, however it is not easy to grow within the company due to the company size. The SAP system they have makes work efficient.
Very political organization; lack of professional development
Material Logistics Specialist/SC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, On, Canada16 August 2015
Transactional leadership. Very political organization in Canada. Slow decision making process. The company lacks of effective professional development programs.
keep away
COMMERCIAL/CONTROLS ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2015
not a very good place to be. no right now and maybe no for a while.

few years back they had a great sales team, they push some of their key members to the point that they broke and decided to quite and move on to other companies, hired new sales personal with little to no experience in the industry that in order to meet their quota under price some jobs, putting a lot of pressure on the operation side of things. management has handle the situation very poorly.
Pros
Cons
politics
Site supervisor
Site Service Supervisor/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  May, ON27 July 2015
Operate 8 wind farms with 4 under projects with a total 524 wind turbines.
Currently operating at 99.99 availability
managed 42 technicians and 42 contractors along with 2 admin staff and 4 comptrollers
Pros
gm is an awesome individual and has a positive outlook of the business
Cons
long hours and no extra coverage or time off in lieu of extra hours
Challenging and Rewarding
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2015
Highly technical with adversity and scope change. Must be ready for anything and be able to lead, as well as take charge.
Productive and quality oriented.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2015
Flexible work hours
Understand and commit.
Top level management is open for discussion.
Nice colleagues.
Nothing hard. Some individual wave length matching matters.
Highly flexible. Real multi culture is missing in some parts.
Pros
some time free lunch.
Cons
depends on work hours will be extended on your own.
Great company to work for with amazing individuals
Project Procurement Manager - Team Lead, Canada (Current Employee) –  Montreal14 July 2015
Great company to work for with amazing individuals, work life balance is a top the industry with great opportunities for advancement.
Great Experience
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 July 2015
Great Experience. I loved the people with whom I have worked. The project was managed by highly professionals people.The days were always fun and challenging.
Siemens has a very deanding work culture with tight deadlines.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 July 2015
It was rewarding working at Siemens Canada. The ability to multi-task was very important. There was great exposure to many facets of financial and corporate accounting which allowed me to develop a broad skillset.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance was difficult
Very clean and comfortable work environment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 May 2015
I loved it. I was only there for the summer. Everything you'd every need to know to do your job are in these binders, one for every station. Every day or week (I forget) we had a team meeting where we'd stand around this board which had everything you'd ever need to know. This included failures, passes, and other information. Our supervisors were okay. Some where power hungry, others were incredibly nice and helpful. My co workers were also really friendly and helpful. I worked the evening shift so it wasn't as busy meaning I was able to meet a lot of them and become friends. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with all the old equipment. I know it costs a lot to upgrade but I got very good at my job, enough to know the testers were failing working products. I would have to constantly be resetting testers because they would either crash or freeze mid test. The most enjoyable part of my job was how much I could learn just by watching the Repair Technicians fix broken circuit boards. I know I wasn't suppose to leave my post but I would have a few minutes in between to head over and learn a thing or two.
Pros
Clean, Organized, Friendly
Cons
You don't really have a say in management.
Qualitative and good work environment
Gas Turbine Systems Integration development (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 May 2015
At Siemens, as it's a take over branch of Rolls-Royce Energy division. Work is speeding up and I see a collaborative environment with the co-workers. I'm enjoying my job.
Good Place to work
System Designer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 May 2015
Good place to work , allows work life balance, and has diversity.
But too many processes, which make it difficult to actually work on your task efficiently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.