Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Challenging & demanding environment
IT Projet Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2014
- Cut-through culture with limited leadership
- Good long-term benefits
Pros
good long-term benefits
Very political organization; lack of professional development
Material Logistics Specialist/SC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, On, CanadaAugust 16, 2015
Transactional leadership. Very political organization in Canada. Slow decision making process. The company lacks of effective professional development programs.
Great team environment, poor salary
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2014
- Great environment
- Good Salary
- Poor management
- Too much pressure from head quarters in Germany
2-bit Operation in the US & Canada
None - External Source (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 10, 2013
Have never had any good dealings with this company. Run through NJ operations and have extremely limited staff in Canada that seem "green" and not at all what they are doing.

Management (if you could call it that) is lacking in every way possible including making decisions and even returning phone calls on deals you want them to enter in.
Pros
not much - they have very limited capital to do any kind of "deals"
Cons
unlimited.. from management to their way they do business
A job I thoroughly enjoy doing...working with the customers....
Bilingual Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 2, 2015
We code our customer,s new orders as well as any that need be during our day of collections. Reconcile accounts. Assist our customers (internal & external) with their requests.Request credit limit changes or advise to put a customer on hold etc...Log incoming cheques on sharepoint for the team to view...

We are treated as responsible adults and are working independantly.
Our supervisors are firm but fair. I enjoy the fact that we can work from home but being contract I can only have 2 days instead of 4.

It's a strong team environment and the people are generally great...

I need to find a full time position.
Pros
working from home
Cons
contract work, full time hasn't been approved....as yet.
Pettiness among greatness
CSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2012
You will find this division a tough one if you don't have eyes in the back of your head for back-stabbers. Also, watch out for the daggers that may come your way. Great company on paper but lots of internal problems. Depts very inward looking. Managers do not encourage advancement.
Pros
lunches
Cons
cattiness, finger-pointing, inward focus, caught up in the past
Not a long term employment opportunity
DIRECTOR - PROJECT & STRUCTURED DEBT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2013
Career opportunity is limited at this company. The best thing about the company is that they are willing to pay but in the end, its really you that ends up paying with your very limited growth opportunities.
A new plant finding its roots.
Logistics Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Since the wind power industry is relatively new, especially in Ontario, Siemens requires an adaptable work force to handle issues in a seemingly reactionary way. For now, change is the only constant thing at Tillsonburg, which can be exciting because there are often new projects developing but frustrating as well since the pace of change sometimes doesn't meet expectations since Siemens is such an enormous organization and some decisions need approval from X, Y, and Z in countries A, B, and C.

I worked in the Logistics department as a co-op student, and I found the entire experience challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot about the internal processes at the plant, and how SAP is used to plan, support, and evaluate them. Learning how to use SAP properly took some time, sweat, and blood, but it's by far the most transferable skill I picked up during my work term.

A normal day at work would consist of running cycle counts on inventory, manipulating SAP appropriately so that stock levels match physical inventory, checking accuracy of various SAP transactions, correcting mistakes, talking to those responsible about the mistakes in hopes they wouldn't do them again (they did). I may ship or receive some items, order parts from suppliers, review certain quality reports regarding non-conforming material from our warehouse then work with the quality engineer and suppliers to make the material good again and get it back into stock.

Overall my co-workers were really pleasant, although there are some pretty clear morale issues among the production workers directed towards management
  more... and the organization itself. That could be par anyone working that type of job for all I know though.

I'm exiting my position there within the next week to return to school, and I must say I'll miss it. I hope to work within Siemens Wind Power again after I graduate.
Pros
salary employees have decent remuneration, good benefits, and extra perks. supportive co-workers. freedom to initiate new projects.
Cons
although i felt i had the respect and support of the people i usually worked around, some managers and supervisors would look at me like a stray dog when i spoke up at meetings.
I am the very knowledgeable in all areas, give me the chance to prove it:)
Currently Waste'n WaterTech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Poorly managed company very top heavy and they don't care about the little guys
Cons
review of siemens poor management and ill tell you in person
Siemens power generation very good company to work for.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 29, 2012
Production supervisor overseeing manufacturing, machining, welding, and quaility assurance.
Working well with other and co-workers is very important.
Management is an important role in any company.Overtime is good, however too many hours can get tiring.
Meeting daily requirement and earning respect from co-workers.
Challenging and Rewarding
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2015
Highly technical with adversity and scope change. Must be ready for anything and be able to lead, as well as take charge.
I did like to work for these company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 12, 2013
I learned a lots and I am ready to learn more. I get along with the management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job when they put you somewhere you didn't do that type of job before without training. The most enjoyable part of the job is to work together.
Cons
long hour and overtime is ok for me
Great people being managed badly
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary ABApril 25, 2014
I loved my job, enjoyed working with my co-workers, but management is always looking for a way to stretch people until they break. Broken employees move on, so there is lots of turn over. They are slow to fill vacancies and quick to pile on job responsibilities when other people leave.
Great Experience
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 9, 2015
Great Experience. I loved the people with whom I have worked. The project was managed by highly professionals people.The days were always fun and challenging.
Productive and dedicated company to be a former employee to.
SQL Server 2012 Data Base Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
A great place and team to work with over a period of time. Management was always available and were always welcoming new ideas to increase efficiency for client and vendors.
Production supervisor or process inspection
Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 29, 2012
Acomplish daily production requirements.
Health and safety is very important.
Management is an assest.
Working well with co-workers is very important.
Sometimes too many exteneded hours.
Meeting daily requirements and earning respect of co-workers.
great company to work for
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 27, 2013
8 to 12 hour afternnon shifts i was all around maintenance worker helper pipe fitters plumbers crane work climbing brick laying oil house coolents for machines 25 years fork truck driver maintain trucks batteries snow removel blows pick up or dump trucks shipping recieving loadind unloading of transports near time of closing i can work on or drive cranes of most kinds as well as sling not really hard part in my job i learn the job and i did it well the best part of my job was meeting new people every day from all over the country ours and the world very interesting place to work i loved it i was sorry to see them move to the usa but thats life ..change is good one door closes another one opens ..
Pros
free lunches bags hats shirts all good wore them with pride
Cons
they had a union .........
Great company with a strong base and ability to climb the corporate ladder
Technician & Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 9, 2013
My day to day activities include preventative maintenance of wind turbines, troubleshooting turbine issues, and fill in site lead when needed. Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with many different technicians with certain skills in this industry. In doing so, I have acquired many skill to be able to complete my work in a effective manner. I would say the hardest part of my job would be the 280 foot climb we must complete in the the mornings. The most enjoyable part of my responsibilities is when we find and repair the issue with the turbine after troubleshooting it. It is very rewarding to get the turbine up and running due to what we discovered.
Perm staff senior role
Contracts/Claims Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey UKJune 3, 2013
Great opportunity, sadly time to move on.

•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

My Time with Siemns-Trench
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Working for SIEMENS means a lot. Specially for Siemens -Trench
where we make Reactors to power transmission industry across the globe. I have learned Engineering design, Manufacturing methods, and new Lean Six Sigma Implementation tools. Handing work force who have an average 20 years service with the company. it's great place to work for !.
My Typical day of work is being on the production floor most of time...sorting out human related, technical related, productivity related, maintenance related issues in order to get the final best results at end of the day. being proactive in APS...Advance production planning system.
Results have shown what we could do better by implementing and using new methods.