Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Overall good place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 November 2015
A good place to work with good salary, benefits and work life balance. High quality products and engineering company. Excellent and supportive co-workers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Longs hours and travel
friendly enviroment
electrical commissioning engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2015
Full of Challenge and new experience. I worked with high tech digital relay and high voltage test device. my colleagues were so nice and had warm approach. multi culture company with high performance.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
contract job
Interesting Company
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAlgary Alberta17 November 2015
The company is part of Siemens globe, so it is in many countries, and you get to learn to some degree about those countries and the challenges in those countries.
Pros
Dynamic work place
Cons
Long hour
Very engaged management at all levels
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2015
Excellent people striving to deliver the needed value to the business. Good communication structures and effort. Rich quality of jobs available using extensive and a variety of skill sets.
Process oriented business
Manager PMO, PM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 November 2015
For the most part, one is left to one's own to get the job done. There are lots of great people to work with at Siemens and the business works hard to cultivate a strong social conscience.
Great company
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
Great company with a knowledgeable staff. Always stayed busy with lots of work available year round. Lots of out of town work available in both commercial and industrial sectors
Work was good
Production (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON4 November 2015
Co workers were always fun, management was lacking. Very pushy environment with little understanding from management.
I did enjoy the job however
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very little training
Work, work and only work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2015
Its all about number crunching and head count. No recoganition for top performer.

Good work life balance and lot to learn from very expereinced people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Long Hours, No recoganition, Poor Management
Amazing Platform for newcomers to excel in their professional lives
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pakistan31 October 2015
I held this position during the pursuit of an undergraduate degree and it takes little time for students to understand how things work in practical world but I was very fortunate as I got The best environment and management which always made me feel home.
I polished my skills of accounting and finance by applying them in real life and all those Accounting Standards which were so difficult to understand when I was studying them now seems very easy to apply and one can get a lot of sense out of them.
The hardest Part of the job would be my presentation of the reports specially in front of managers and senior management and once you knew that it went good and everyone was happy with your work made it the most enjoyable part of the job as it boosted my confidence and determination to achieve more.
Working with Siemens Canada Limited
Project Manager/ Electrical Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2015
Working with Siemens Canada Limited is a good experience and adding a value to the CV.
I have enhanced my knowledge especially in the project management, and engineering as well.
Management are so kind, and they do listen to the employees.
Co-workers are so co-operative and helpful with each other.

I do recommend for others working with Siemens Canada Limited, but unlikely they don't have currently many projects. Therefore, I'm looking for a job, as my contract will end very soon.
Collaboration and Professionalism
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville24 October 2015
While working at Siemens had the opportunity to collaborate with many individuals from different aspects of business in order to achieve success on projects. Everyone was very professional and helpful
Fast paced and wide variety of different daily challenges
Application Engineering Specialist, IV (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2015
Limited exposure to personal development. Management is financial centric with approach to customer relations. Great collaboration with colleagues.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lackluster direction and mentorship from management
Financial Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON18 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
flexible hours and company culture
Project Engineer/Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 October 2015
One of best employers in the world. Very good company culture. People are always polite, friend and help. Flexible work hours.
High Stress, Long hours but decent pay/benefits
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 October 2015
Management have very high expectations and dont count on 9-5 by any means. Good benefits though and ability to telecommute. Tons of layoffs but that's business i suppose.
Productive friendly enviroment
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2015
Great place to work a lot of the guys were really close, the work was repetative just a lot of conduit bending but the bosses were great and easy to talk to. Best part of the job was easily that it didnt feel like work half the time and the end of the day would come by quickly with a bunch of things compeleted. Only downside is its hard to advance seeing as youre on contract and i would want something more permenant.
Pros
Lunch near a food court, early start and off time so missed traffic.
Cons
hard to advance.
The best place to work in the World
Plant Operations and Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2015
Always respected for your knowledge and given the latitude to be inventive and a team participator.rewards were given for demonstrated projects completed on time and budget.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2015
I worked for Siemens LaserWorks for a long time. This company sponsored me and my family to come here to Canada back in 2006.
I enjoyed working there with great people. Safety was a big thing out there, which is great for workers. We had supportive management and good benefits.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Good Place to work for
Sr. Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 October 2015
* Typical day at work is hectic and high pressure; many phone calls & emails
* I learn to multitask and handle difficult issues and resolve them at orderly & professional manner
* I learn to work in high pressure environment with positive attitude
* management structure can be improved and have less layers
* Co-workers all very friendly and team oriented
* The hardest part of the job is driving more than 2 hours to and from work
* help people by providing my expertise and they appreciate it
* Good company to work; flexible work schedules; allows work from home part of the week.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
Complex organizational structures
first physical labour job
Laser Operators helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 September 2015
This was the first Job I had outside of camp and i learned a lot of lessons at it. Although I feel that I didnt get a fair shake at this job, for the most part it taught me the importance of working hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.