Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Canada

Very clean and comfortable work environment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 29, 2015
I loved it. I was only there for the summer. Everything you'd every need to know to do your job are in these binders, one for every station. Every day or week (I forget) we had a team meeting where we'd stand around this board which had everything you'd ever need to know. This included failures, passes, and other information. Our supervisors were okay. Some where power hungry, others were incredibly nice and helpful. My co workers were also really friendly and helpful. I worked the evening shift so it wasn't as busy meaning I was able to meet a lot of them and become friends. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with all the old equipment. I know it costs a lot to upgrade but I got very good at my job, enough to know the testers were failing working products. I would have to constantly be resetting testers because they would either crash or freeze mid test. The most enjoyable part of my job was how much I could learn just by watching the Repair Technicians fix broken circuit boards. I know I wasn't suppose to leave my post but I would have a few minutes in between to head over and learn a thing or two.
Pros
Clean, Organized, Friendly
Cons
You don't really have a say in management.
Qualitative and good work environment
Gas Turbine Systems Integration development (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 28, 2015
At Siemens, as it's a take over branch of Rolls-Royce Energy division. Work is speeding up and I see a collaborative environment with the co-workers. I'm enjoying my job.
Good Place to work
System Designer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2015
Good place to work , allows work life balance, and has diversity.
But too many processes, which make it difficult to actually work on your task efficiently
difficult management structure
management/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2015
very convoluted management structure with a lack of vision. expect lots of hours with little acknowledgement or guidance. lots or promises but little follow thru. no clear goals or vision.
Siemens was a good place to work, excellent working conditions with lots of room for promotion
Shipper I (Former Employee) –  chathamMay 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at Siemens. Was very sorry when it closed. The management was open to suggestions. I learned a lot working at Siemens. I was sent on many trouble shooting trips to help solve mistakes that ocured with our products
Good Company
Structural Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 16, 2015
Siemens has been a great company to work for. The hours have been long but very rewarding. I would definitely recommend working for Siemens.
factory
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 9, 2015
Typical factory work. Pay was fairly good and so were the benefits. I worked here 8 years I learned allot and most employees were friendly.
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor management
Gigantic company with diversified product and services portfolios
Director, Oil & Gas Solutions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Large employer, who treat their people right and reward them too. Flexible working environment but result oriented. Multi cultural employees with global management and resources.
Pros
Great Benefits program
Cons
Rapid and constant change of management
A job I thoroughly enjoy doing...working with the customers....
Bilingual Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 2, 2015
We code our customer,s new orders as well as any that need be during our day of collections. Reconcile accounts. Assist our customers (internal & external) with their requests.Request credit limit changes or advise to put a customer on hold etc...Log incoming cheques on sharepoint for the team to view...

We are treated as responsible adults and are working independantly.
Our supervisors are firm but fair. I enjoy the fact that we can work from home but being contract I can only have 2 days instead of 4.

It's a strong team environment and the people are generally great...

I need to find a full time position.
Pros
working from home
Cons
contract work, full time hasn't been approved....as yet.
The best company I have worked for
Senior Mechanical Designer - R&D (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 30, 2015
These last few years have been a wonderful experience for me, working at this company.
I have grown a lot as a person and as an engineer working alongside these wonderful people.

This was the first time in my professional career where I felt like part of a family, with people going out of their way to make me feel at home and a part of the team.
nice work environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Panchkula, HRJanuary 29, 2015
Learnt about simulation of automation processes through PLC and SCADA programming at this training centre headquartered in Munich, Germany.
I am the very knowledgeable in all areas, give me the chance to prove it:)
Currently Waste'n WaterTech (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2015
Poorly managed company very top heavy and they don't care about the little guys
Cons
review of siemens poor management and ill tell you in person
Part stamping plant
Stamping Press Setup Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Was able to advance to a setup operator through the five years of employment. Move on to pursue other employment . That was a good decision.
Learning experience
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Amazing experience. Helped me get accustomed to office work and the important of taking initiative and being independent. Hard-working group of people with an ability to guide you in the right direction without hostility.
A new plant finding its roots.
Logistics Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Since the wind power industry is relatively new, especially in Ontario, Siemens requires an adaptable work force to handle issues in a seemingly reactionary way. For now, change is the only constant thing at Tillsonburg, which can be exciting because there are often new projects developing but frustrating as well since the pace of change sometimes doesn't meet expectations since Siemens is such an enormous organization and some decisions need approval from X, Y, and Z in countries A, B, and C.

I worked in the Logistics department as a co-op student, and I found the entire experience challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot about the internal processes at the plant, and how SAP is used to plan, support, and evaluate them. Learning how to use SAP properly took some time, sweat, and blood, but it's by far the most transferable skill I picked up during my work term.

A normal day at work would consist of running cycle counts on inventory, manipulating SAP appropriately so that stock levels match physical inventory, checking accuracy of various SAP transactions, correcting mistakes, talking to those responsible about the mistakes in hopes they wouldn't do them again (they did). I may ship or receive some items, order parts from suppliers, review certain quality reports regarding non-conforming material from our warehouse then work with the quality engineer and suppliers to make the material good again and get it back into stock.

Overall my co-workers were really pleasant, although there are some pretty clear morale issues among the production workers directed towards management
  more... and the organization itself. That could be par anyone working that type of job for all I know though.

I'm exiting my position there within the next week to return to school, and I must say I'll miss it. I hope to work within Siemens Wind Power again after I graduate.
Pros
salary employees have decent remuneration, good benefits, and extra perks. supportive co-workers. freedom to initiate new projects.
Cons
although i felt i had the respect and support of the people i usually worked around, some managers and supervisors would look at me like a stray dog when i spoke up at meetings.
must be a multi-tasker
Field Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2014
very busy place & physically demanding
no benefits
no overtime pay
Working with people that share same interests
Fabrication Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2014
Overall a good place to work at but salary/benefits and advancement in the career is low and was not satisfactory for me after 8 years of employment for Siemens Laserworks
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 31, 2014
Manufacturing of gas & steam turbines for power plants. Hired as an administrative assistant in the Human Resources Department.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Goo
Help Desk Analyst (English/Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 20, 2014
Good Benefits
Nice working environment
Good salary
Nice facilities
Productive and dedicated company to be a former employee to.
SQL Server 2012 Data Base Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
A great place and team to work with over a period of time. Management was always available and were always welcoming new ideas to increase efficiency for client and vendors.