Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Canada

Challenging & demanding environment
IT Projet Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2014
- Cut-through culture with limited leadership
- Good long-term benefits
Pros
good long-term benefits
first physical labour job
Laser Operators helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 18, 2015
This was the first Job I had outside of camp and i learned a lot of lessons at it. Although I feel that I didnt get a fair shake at this job, for the most part it taught me the importance of working hard.
Great place, long tradition of solid performance
Senior Management - Business Excellence (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Robust and honest place to work that encourages open dialogue and performance. World leader in level and weighing products and we do the design, production and support right here.
Benefits
FINANCIAL / COST ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 22, 2014
Good benefits for coverage for the whole family. Other perks like Perkopolis membership and special pricing for certain vendors. Also fairly generous RSP matching
A new plant finding its roots.
Logistics Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Since the wind power industry is relatively new, especially in Ontario, Siemens requires an adaptable work force to handle issues in a seemingly reactionary way. For now, change is the only constant thing at Tillsonburg, which can be exciting because there are often new projects developing but frustrating as well since the pace of change sometimes doesn't meet expectations since Siemens is such an enormous organization and some decisions need approval from X, Y, and Z in countries A, B, and C.

I worked in the Logistics department as a co-op student, and I found the entire experience challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot about the internal processes at the plant, and how SAP is used to plan, support, and evaluate them. Learning how to use SAP properly took some time, sweat, and blood, but it's by far the most transferable skill I picked up during my work term.

A normal day at work would consist of running cycle counts on inventory, manipulating SAP appropriately so that stock levels match physical inventory, checking accuracy of various SAP transactions, correcting mistakes, talking to those responsible about the mistakes in hopes they wouldn't do them again (they did). I may ship or receive some items, order parts from suppliers, review certain quality reports regarding non-conforming material from our warehouse then work with the quality engineer and suppliers to make the material good again and get it back into stock.

Overall my co-workers were really pleasant, although there are some pretty clear morale issues among the production workers directed towards management
  more... and the organization itself. That could be par anyone working that type of job for all I know though.

I'm exiting my position there within the next week to return to school, and I must say I'll miss it. I hope to work within Siemens Wind Power again after I graduate.
Pros
salary employees have decent remuneration, good benefits, and extra perks. supportive co-workers. freedom to initiate new projects.
Cons
although i felt i had the respect and support of the people i usually worked around, some managers and supervisors would look at me like a stray dog when i spoke up at meetings.
Productive and Fun place to work
not telling (Current Employee) –  not tellingAugust 18, 2015
Siemens has a great work environment, however it is not easy to grow within the company due to the company size. The SAP system they have makes work efficient.
Very political organization; lack of professional development
Material Logistics Specialist/SC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, On, CanadaAugust 16, 2015
Transactional leadership. Very political organization in Canada. Slow decision making process. The company lacks of effective professional development programs.
Good Place to work
System Designer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2015
Good place to work , allows work life balance, and has diversity.
But too many processes, which make it difficult to actually work on your task efficiently
Siemens was a good place to work, excellent working conditions with lots of room for promotion
Shipper I (Former Employee) –  chathamMay 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at Siemens. Was very sorry when it closed. The management was open to suggestions. I learned a lot working at Siemens. I was sent on many trouble shooting trips to help solve mistakes that ocured with our products
A job I thoroughly enjoy doing...working with the customers....
Bilingual Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 2, 2015
We code our customer,s new orders as well as any that need be during our day of collections. Reconcile accounts. Assist our customers (internal & external) with their requests.Request credit limit changes or advise to put a customer on hold etc...Log incoming cheques on sharepoint for the team to view...

We are treated as responsible adults and are working independantly.
Our supervisors are firm but fair. I enjoy the fact that we can work from home but being contract I can only have 2 days instead of 4.

It's a strong team environment and the people are generally great...

I need to find a full time position.
Pros
working from home
Cons
contract work, full time hasn't been approved....as yet.
difficult management structure
management/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2015
very convoluted management structure with a lack of vision. expect lots of hours with little acknowledgement or guidance. lots or promises but little follow thru. no clear goals or vision.
Challenging and Rewarding
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2015
Highly technical with adversity and scope change. Must be ready for anything and be able to lead, as well as take charge.
Productive ,energetic and hard worker.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 18, 2014
Typical work day I prefer to work in a happy and friendly environment this will motivate me more and will increase my productivity. I like my management to give me freedom and let me work independently.
I have more than a decade experience in my job and I have been working with many employers in different industries and learned a lot from each of them.
Being positive ,hard worker , quick learner, team worker, and so many other good qualities were are the result of my several years experiences in accounting.
I am studying toward my CGA as part time student and I am hoping to complete my designation in near future.
Hardest part of job is month end closing which needs to work more hours and to be able to handle your street to meet the deadline.
The best company I have worked for
Senior Mechanical Designer - R&D (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 30, 2015
These last few years have been a wonderful experience for me, working at this company.
I have grown a lot as a person and as an engineer working alongside these wonderful people.

This was the first time in my professional career where I felt like part of a family, with people going out of their way to make me feel at home and a part of the team.
Great Experience
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 9, 2015
Great Experience. I loved the people with whom I have worked. The project was managed by highly professionals people.The days were always fun and challenging.
Very fun place to work with great people.
Electrical Apprentice - Comercial (Current Employee) –  The bow, Calgary AlbertaOctober 2, 2012
I liked working for Siemens, i am only wanting to leave and look for new work because i feel i need to learn more electrical at my level of apprenticeship. The management on the other hand was very poor, in regards to having material on site when needed and job explanation and management. A typical day at work would be to just show up on time and you would be told then what you where going to do.. if there was anything. My first year there i did allot of bending pipe and pulling wire, along with terminations. Nothing was ever hard about the job besides baring the heat at the bow some days. The most enjoyable part of the day would just be working with great co-workers. only real negative thing is the teaching of things was poor.
Pros
great co workers, lots of pipe bending.
Cons
poor management, lack of work.
Large corporation that offers a lot of different opportunities if you make the right political connections.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJuly 5, 2013
In Canada, Siemens decided to change their entire method of tracking and documenting a projects status and the billing methods. This exercise went off the rails almost immediately due to a lack of preparation and understanding of the complexities involved in making such a radical change in operational procedures. There was a considerable amount of confusion created among the rank and file, resulting in a serious decline in the companies cashflow and ultimately the laying off of a large number of personnel.
Pros
broad range of project types allow for a stimulating work environment, coworkers are generally very solid people.
Cons
upper management is disconnected from the realities of each "profit center", and operate in a reactionary environment without much forethought or a plan.
Talent Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  OakvilleApril 23, 2013
Great place to work and build a career. Wonderful culture and people to work with.
Pros
best work-life balance
Cons
no job security
Gained lots of admininstrative experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  nottingham, UKJanuary 15, 2014
My very first job. I learned lots of administrative skills and time management. I managed readings, data from meters to check for mistyping values for customer. Used my excellent computer skills for this job.
Pros
a very good team to work with
Cons
long hours. busy
Very busy from start to end of the day.
Level I Admin for Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SaskatchewanJanuary 12, 2014
Enjoyed the work relating to the position. Very busy and fast paced. Co-workers were excellent, always willing to assist. Management could have expressed verbal support more often and should have addressed the requirement of the use of only English while in the communal work area. I improved my Excel skills. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all required tasks were completed and the most enjoyable was the fact that it was so busy. The day just flew by. I was regretful that I had to leave the position.
Pros
flexible start time hours
Cons
office was not very clean