Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Great company to work for with amazing individuals
Project Procurement Manager - Team Lead, Canada (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 14, 2015
Great company to work for with amazing individuals, work life balance is a top the industry with great opportunities for advancement.
Gigantic company with diversified product and services portfolios
Director, Oil & Gas Solutions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Large employer, who treat their people right and reward them too. Flexible working environment but result oriented. Multi cultural employees with global management and resources.
Pros
Great Benefits program
Cons
Rapid and constant change of management
The best company I have worked for
Senior Mechanical Designer - R&D (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 30, 2015
These last few years have been a wonderful experience for me, working at this company.
I have grown a lot as a person and as an engineer working alongside these wonderful people.

This was the first time in my professional career where I felt like part of a family, with people going out of their way to make me feel at home and a part of the team.
Qualitative and good work environment
Gas Turbine Systems Integration development (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 28, 2015
At Siemens, as it's a take over branch of Rolls-Royce Energy division. Work is speeding up and I see a collaborative environment with the co-workers. I'm enjoying my job.
difficult management structure
management/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2015
very convoluted management structure with a lack of vision. expect lots of hours with little acknowledgement or guidance. lots or promises but little follow thru. no clear goals or vision.
Great Experience
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 9, 2015
Great Experience. I loved the people with whom I have worked. The project was managed by highly professionals people.The days were always fun and challenging.
Productive ,energetic and hard worker.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 18, 2014
Typical work day I prefer to work in a happy and friendly environment this will motivate me more and will increase my productivity. I like my management to give me freedom and let me work independently.
I have more than a decade experience in my job and I have been working with many employers in different industries and learned a lot from each of them.
Being positive ,hard worker , quick learner, team worker, and so many other good qualities were are the result of my several years experiences in accounting.
I am studying toward my CGA as part time student and I am hoping to complete my designation in near future.
Hardest part of job is month end closing which needs to work more hours and to be able to handle your street to meet the deadline.
very good place
Technical Support Specialist / NOC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 17, 2014
very good place and Performed Managed Microsoft domain services including Active directory, Creating, deleting user account

groups, assign rights and permissions for files and folders, mapping network paths, security

permissions, Security patch update, DNS, DHCP, VPN, FTP etc. Troubleshoot and resolve all the issues

related to the clients machine on windows platform Windows XP, Windows 7. Remote in through

net meeting, bp portal, fastsupport.com, logmein123.com, gotoassist.com, Teamviewer whenever necessary.
Very busy from start to end of the day.
Level I Admin for Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SaskatchewanJanuary 12, 2014
Enjoyed the work relating to the position. Very busy and fast paced. Co-workers were excellent, always willing to assist. Management could have expressed verbal support more often and should have addressed the requirement of the use of only English while in the communal work area. I improved my Excel skills. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all required tasks were completed and the most enjoyable was the fact that it was so busy. The day just flew by. I was regretful that I had to leave the position.
Pros
flexible start time hours
Cons
office was not very clean
Productive work enviorment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 13, 2013
I had an extremely pleasant experience working with Siemens in Hamilton. I learned to set goals at work and achieve my tasks one at a time while maintaining a good balance and situational awareness of all other ongoing projects I was dealing with at the same time. It allowed me to multi task while keeping my CO up to date on all progress and trouble tickets. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and learned a great set of experience from them.
Pros
high work tempo
Cons
multipule project leaders, lack of coordination.
Interesting place to work, challenging work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 7, 2012
Not a bad place to work, sometimes challenging and exciting opportunities, projects, tasks available for employees with some initiitive. Good wages and a nice office enviroment. I made a lot of friends and enjoyed my job most days. Unfortunately being a foreign owned company the work was pulled out of Hamilton and moved to the US. and the Hamilton plant shutdown. Somewhat top heavy with Management types who weren't always in tune with the rank and file employees.
Pros
good wages, good office enviroment, good employees
Cons
foreign owned, management not in tune with employees
A large organization where you must wear multiple hats to achieve your goals and objectives.
Manufacturing Supervisor / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJuly 2, 2013
I was able to learn a lot about all aspects of our business and achieve consistent success in projects because of my ability to build strong relationships with peers, contractors, and customers. Inspired by the words that are communicated to employees, I learned to lead teams by putting a larger effort in walking the walk rather than just talking the talk. I was fortunate to work within the Operations team, which supported each other to achieve success in all business objectives, while making time for some fun and games in and out of work.
2-bit Operation in the US & Canada
None - External Source (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 10, 2013
Have never had any good dealings with this company. Run through NJ operations and have extremely limited staff in Canada that seem "green" and not at all what they are doing.

Management (if you could call it that) is lacking in every way possible including making decisions and even returning phone calls on deals you want them to enter in.
Pros
not much - they have very limited capital to do any kind of "deals"
Cons
unlimited.. from management to their way they do business
Technical Application Specialist
Technical application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 20, 2013
People very supportive and patient, worked either in home office or visited sites that I was responsible for. Also did set up of new Analyzers and help teach customers how to operate after initial work up completed. Also helped trouble shoot when having issues with controls and reagents. Did lecture for continuing education.
Tried to sell add Assays for our instrumentation.
Pros
people and company car with gas paid for
Cons
did not like extensive driving or being away form home too long
My Time with Siemns-Trench
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Working for SIEMENS means a lot. Specially for Siemens -Trench
where we make Reactors to power transmission industry across the globe. I have learned Engineering design, Manufacturing methods, and new Lean Six Sigma Implementation tools. Handing work force who have an average 20 years service with the company. it's great place to work for !.
My Typical day of work is being on the production floor most of time...sorting out human related, technical related, productivity related, maintenance related issues in order to get the final best results at end of the day. being proactive in APS...Advance production planning system.
Results have shown what we could do better by implementing and using new methods.
Challenging and Rewarding
Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2015
Highly technical with adversity and scope change. Must be ready for anything and be able to lead, as well as take charge.
Great company with a strong base and ability to climb the corporate ladder
Technician & Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 9, 2013
My day to day activities include preventative maintenance of wind turbines, troubleshooting turbine issues, and fill in site lead when needed. Over the years I have had the opportunity to work with many different technicians with certain skills in this industry. In doing so, I have acquired many skill to be able to complete my work in a effective manner. I would say the hardest part of my job would be the 280 foot climb we must complete in the the mornings. The most enjoyable part of my responsibilities is when we find and repair the issue with the turbine after troubleshooting it. It is very rewarding to get the turbine up and running due to what we discovered.
great company to work for
LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 27, 2013
8 to 12 hour afternnon shifts i was all around maintenance worker helper pipe fitters plumbers crane work climbing brick laying oil house coolents for machines 25 years fork truck driver maintain trucks batteries snow removel blows pick up or dump trucks shipping recieving loadind unloading of transports near time of closing i can work on or drive cranes of most kinds as well as sling not really hard part in my job i learn the job and i did it well the best part of my job was meeting new people every day from all over the country ours and the world very interesting place to work i loved it i was sorry to see them move to the usa but thats life ..change is good one door closes another one opens ..
Pros
free lunches bags hats shirts all good wore them with pride
Cons
they had a union .........
A good world class organisation with a track record of global success
Business Developer- Major accounts (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaMarch 23, 2014
Great people, Great company. I have represented Siemens and demonstrated its strengths to major Oil and Gas companies and EPC's.. worked on bussiness development including proposal manager. Worked for in major projects of TransCanada, Shell, Imperial.
Pros
depth of product's and services
Cons
expanding in calgary
Very fun place to work with great people.
Electrical Apprentice - Comercial (Current Employee) –  The bow, Calgary AlbertaOctober 2, 2012
I liked working for Siemens, i am only wanting to leave and look for new work because i feel i need to learn more electrical at my level of apprenticeship. The management on the other hand was very poor, in regards to having material on site when needed and job explanation and management. A typical day at work would be to just show up on time and you would be told then what you where going to do.. if there was anything. My first year there i did allot of bending pipe and pulling wire, along with terminations. Nothing was ever hard about the job besides baring the heat at the bow some days. The most enjoyable part of the day would just be working with great co-workers. only real negative thing is the teaching of things was poor.
Pros
great co workers, lots of pipe bending.
Cons
poor management, lack of work.