Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Great Job, great coworkers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 April 2016
Typically I repaired and maintained machines. I learned alot about laser I hadn't previously known.

The management was not trained to manage. No business experience. They took care of one another to advance themselves however had no qualifications or training for those positions. That is why when the previous owner sold, they went from 200 employees at 2 plants to 23 employees at one plant.

My coworkers were phenomenal. A great bunch of guys working hard to keep it afloat but to no avail, as management and sales men made promises that could not be kept to a vast array of customers and because of it lost their business.
Well known, international company with high level of good reputation.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2016
Working with a small number of a team, multicultural and mutual understanding co-worker and employee. High qualified management team.
Everyone works in his position with full confident and cooperative with others.
Pros
Free cooffee
Structured business culture
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 March 2016
Siemens is a highly respected organization, mainly from their structure processes which enables consistent results for both customers and the organization.
Pros
Facility to work in almost any part of the world
Cons
Process oriented organization
Combustion team
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2016
Working in this environment is very exciting and challenging. Colleges are very friendly. ability to learn and grow fast
- (Current Employee) –  -8 March 2016
A very good company to work with and to improve your skills with time. Not much pressure and easy to work with management everyday.
tooling assistant
Tooling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON2 March 2016
Great job. Worked as a team with my tooling leader, iron workers, Siemens personnel and constructors personnel. To verify, obtain, request, inventory and return various parts for wind turbines.
interesting low volume production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON12 February 2016
A typical day at work consists of being asked to inspect either grinds or repairs of wind turbine blades. I've learned a lot about the composition and construction of turbine blades. Management has high expectations for productivity that sometimes can't be met. The workers are well trained and generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when I have to inform the GL of major rework required to make the blades meet the customers specifications. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am the one who determines whether a blade is good enough to proceed in the process or not, and knowing that the blades that I inspect are held to a high standard of quality.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
future production orders declining
good work culture
MCC Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgary24 January 2016
Salary is low as compared to engineering firms. Its very sales driven, not engineering drives. Its all about making sales with good margin.
Productive and busy work place
Electrical Engineer analysis (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2016
Always managing a new bid using Microsoft word/excel. I learned a lot of different skills at work such as time management is very important and always staying organized. I enjoyed working there for my 4 months coop and hopefully i find something with similar culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Traffic
Great company to work for
Mechanical Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Siemens is a well established company covering a large part of oil & gas industry in turbine repair as well as general repair and manufacturing. Well worth the time invested to grow ones career with.
Pros
Wonderful team environment
Cons
Lack of added training
Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great learning opportunity
Truck shop technician / Mobile service technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Siemens Transportation had offered me a solid opportunity to gain tons of diagnostic and R&R experience. Worked in truck shop for a short time before being thrown in to the field being the first tech to manage & maintain all of Kindersley's fleet of units at the TruckAll yard in west Edmonton. Despite being very poorly equipped, poor communication and poor rate of pay for the type of work being done; it was a great learning experience having run a service truck alone with constant heavy workload.
Pros
Good environment & attitude amongst all workers, wide variety of work & responsibilities
Cons
Disorganized management, lack of experienced technicians, poor pay
A clean Inviroment, Friendly people and a fair Corporation.
Inventory Clerk Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 November 2015
Working for Siemens Canada give me great confidence in myself due to the trust and cooperation relationship the company have with employees.
A day of work mean, communication had to be the at the top of the list to make sure we meet dead lines to keep our customer happy.
Management always try to stay on top of the business and alternative solutions to any circumstantial issues that can arise on a day to day bases, for the prosperity of the company.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult or unhappy customers, and find applicable solutions.
But the must enjoyable part of the job, was to work with good people, who beside being friendly they have integrity, trust, pride on their job, and to do whats right.
I enjoyed working for Siemens Canada all those years.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
The termination of my Job.
Great work environment
Field Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB19 November 2015
Very rewarding experience, professional development opportunities and a great work environment. Unique project with lots of experience to gain
Overall good place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 November 2015
A good place to work with good salary, benefits and work life balance. High quality products and engineering company. Excellent and supportive co-workers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Longs hours and travel
friendly enviroment
electrical commissioning engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2015
Full of Challenge and new experience. I worked with high tech digital relay and high voltage test device. my colleagues were so nice and had warm approach. multi culture company with high performance.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
contract job
Interesting Company
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAlgary Alberta17 November 2015
The company is part of Siemens globe, so it is in many countries, and you get to learn to some degree about those countries and the challenges in those countries.
Pros
Dynamic work place
Cons
Long hour
Very engaged management at all levels
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2015
Excellent people striving to deliver the needed value to the business. Good communication structures and effort. Rich quality of jobs available using extensive and a variety of skill sets.
Process oriented business
Manager PMO, PM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 November 2015
For the most part, one is left to one's own to get the job done. There are lots of great people to work with at Siemens and the business works hard to cultivate a strong social conscience.
Great company
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2015
Great company with a knowledgeable staff. Always stayed busy with lots of work available year round. Lots of out of town work available in both commercial and industrial sectors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.