Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Productive friendly enviroment
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2015
Great place to work a lot of the guys were really close, the work was repetative just a lot of conduit bending but the bosses were great and easy to talk to. Best part of the job was easily that it didnt feel like work half the time and the end of the day would come by quickly with a bunch of things compeleted. Only downside is its hard to advance seeing as youre on contract and i would want something more permenant.
Pros
Lunch near a food court, early start and off time so missed traffic.
Cons
hard to advance.
must be a multi-tasker
Field Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 November 2014
very busy place & physically demanding
no benefits
no overtime pay
Goo
Help Desk Analyst (English/Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2014
Good Benefits
Nice working environment
Good salary
Nice facilities
Financial Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON18 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Fast paced and wide variety of different daily challenges
Application Engineering Specialist, IV (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2015
Limited exposure to personal development. Management is financial centric with approach to customer relations. Great collaboration with colleagues.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lackluster direction and mentorship from management
friendly enviroment
electrical commissioning engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2015
Full of Challenge and new experience. I worked with high tech digital relay and high voltage test device. my colleagues were so nice and had warm approach. multi culture company with high performance.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
contract job
Great company to work for with amazing individuals
Project Procurement Manager - Team Lead, Canada (Current Employee) –  Montreal14 July 2015
Great company to work for with amazing individuals, work life balance is a top the industry with great opportunities for advancement.
Productive and quality oriented.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2015
Flexible work hours
Understand and commit.
Top level management is open for discussion.
Nice colleagues.
Nothing hard. Some individual wave length matching matters.
Highly flexible. Real multi culture is missing in some parts.
Pros
some time free lunch.
Cons
depends on work hours will be extended on your own.
Site supervisor
Site Service Supervisor/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  May, ON27 July 2015
Operate 8 wind farms with 4 under projects with a total 524 wind turbines.
Currently operating at 99.99 availability
managed 42 technicians and 42 contractors along with 2 admin staff and 4 comptrollers
Pros
gm is an awesome individual and has a positive outlook of the business
Cons
long hours and no extra coverage or time off in lieu of extra hours
A new plant finding its roots.
Logistics Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON3 January 2015
Since the wind power industry is relatively new, especially in Ontario, Siemens requires an adaptable work force to handle issues in a seemingly reactionary way. For now, change is the only constant thing at Tillsonburg, which can be exciting because there are often new projects developing but frustrating as well since the pace of change sometimes doesn't meet expectations since Siemens is such an enormous organization and some decisions need approval from X, Y, and Z in countries A, B, and C.

I worked in the Logistics department as a co-op student, and I found the entire experience challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot about the internal processes at the plant, and how SAP is used to plan, support, and evaluate them. Learning how to use SAP properly took some time, sweat, and blood, but it's by far the most transferable skill I picked up during my work term.

A normal day at work would consist of running cycle counts on inventory, manipulating SAP appropriately so that stock levels match physical inventory, checking accuracy of various SAP transactions, correcting mistakes, talking to those responsible about the mistakes in hopes they wouldn't do them again (they did). I may ship or receive some items, order parts from suppliers, review certain quality reports regarding non-conforming material from our warehouse then work with the quality engineer and suppliers to make the material good again and get it back into stock.

Overall my co-workers were really pleasant, although there are some pretty clear morale issues among the production workers directed towards
  more... management and the organization itself. That could be par anyone working that type of job for all I know though.

I'm exiting my position there within the next week to return to school, and I must say I'll miss it. I hope to work within Siemens Wind Power again after I graduate.
Pros
Salary employees have decent remuneration, good benefits, and extra perks. Supportive co-workers. Freedom to initiate new projects.
Cons
Although I felt I had the respect and support of the people I usually worked around, some managers and supervisors would look at me like a stray dog when I spoke up at meetings.
Work was good
Production (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON4 November 2015
Co workers were always fun, management was lacking. Very pushy environment with little understanding from management.
I did enjoy the job however
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very little training
Great work environment
Field Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB19 November 2015
Very rewarding experience, professional development opportunities and a great work environment. Unique project with lots of experience to gain
Good work schedule, chances to learn
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2015
12 hour days, typical day is organizing programs and material to be cut as brought to us by our shift boss. I advanced at a comfortable rate. The hardest part was communication, as there wasn't particularly much of it, at least progressively, but you have to try when you can. The part I enjoyed most was proper progressive learning about the job and productivity.
Pros
4 on 4 off work schedule
Cons
Very very hot and dusty work environment, especially in summer
flexible hours and company culture
Project Engineer/Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 October 2015
One of best employers in the world. Very good company culture. People are always polite, friend and help. Flexible work hours.
Interesting Company
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAlgary Alberta17 November 2015
The company is part of Siemens globe, so it is in many countries, and you get to learn to some degree about those countries and the challenges in those countries.
Pros
Dynamic work place
Cons
Long hour
Productive ,energetic and hard worker.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON18 July 2014
Typical work day I prefer to work in a happy and friendly environment this will motivate me more and will increase my productivity. I like my management to give me freedom and let me work independently.
I have more than a decade experience in my job and I have been working with many employers in different industries and learned a lot from each of them.
Being positive ,hard worker , quick learner, team worker, and so many other good qualities were are the result of my several years experiences in accounting.
I am studying toward my CGA as part time student and I am hoping to complete my designation in near future.
Hardest part of job is month end closing which needs to work more hours and to be able to handle your street to meet the deadline.
Very engaged management at all levels
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2015
Excellent people striving to deliver the needed value to the business. Good communication structures and effort. Rich quality of jobs available using extensive and a variety of skill sets.
Very clean and comfortable work environment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 May 2015
I loved it. I was only there for the summer. Everything you'd every need to know to do your job are in these binders, one for every station. Every day or week (I forget) we had a team meeting where we'd stand around this board which had everything you'd ever need to know. This included failures, passes, and other information. Our supervisors were okay. Some where power hungry, others were incredibly nice and helpful. My co workers were also really friendly and helpful. I worked the evening shift so it wasn't as busy meaning I was able to meet a lot of them and become friends. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with all the old equipment. I know it costs a lot to upgrade but I got very good at my job, enough to know the testers were failing working products. I would have to constantly be resetting testers because they would either crash or freeze mid test. The most enjoyable part of my job was how much I could learn just by watching the Repair Technicians fix broken circuit boards. I know I wasn't suppose to leave my post but I would have a few minutes in between to head over and learn a thing or two.
Pros
Clean, Organized, Friendly
Cons
You don't really have a say in management.
Very fun place to work with great people.
Electrical Apprentice - Comercial (Current Employee) –  The bow, Calgary Alberta2 October 2012
I liked working for Siemens, i am only wanting to leave and look for new work because i feel i need to learn more electrical at my level of apprenticeship. The management on the other hand was very poor, in regards to having material on site when needed and job explanation and management. A typical day at work would be to just show up on time and you would be told then what you where going to do.. if there was anything. My first year there i did allot of bending pipe and pulling wire, along with terminations. Nothing was ever hard about the job besides baring the heat at the bow some days. The most enjoyable part of the day would just be working with great co-workers. only real negative thing is the teaching of things was poor.
Pros
great co workers, lots of pipe bending.
Cons
poor management, lack of work.
Process oriented business
Manager PMO, PM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 November 2015
For the most part, one is left to one's own to get the job done. There are lots of great people to work with at Siemens and the business works hard to cultivate a strong social conscience.