Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Fast paced and wide variety of different daily challenges
Application Engineering Specialist, IV (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 October 2015
Limited exposure to personal development. Management is financial centric with approach to customer relations. Great collaboration with colleagues.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lackluster direction and mentorship from management
tooling assistant
Tooling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON2 March 2016
Great job. Worked as a team with my tooling leader, iron workers, Siemens personnel and constructors personnel. To verify, obtain, request, inventory and return various parts for wind turbines.
Well organized company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA20 June 2012
A good company with an organized management structure which has been able to increase employee efficiency as well as reduce unnecessary expenses. This extra edge has allowed Siemens to reduce costs while increasing earnings
Pros
it's management & corporate structure
Cons
not that good at compensation
flexible hours and company culture
Project Engineer/Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 October 2015
One of best employers in the world. Very good company culture. People are always polite, friend and help. Flexible work hours.
Very fun place to work with great people.
Electrical Apprentice - Comercial (Current Employee) –  The bow, Calgary Alberta2 October 2012
I liked working for Siemens, i am only wanting to leave and look for new work because i feel i need to learn more electrical at my level of apprenticeship. The management on the other hand was very poor, in regards to having material on site when needed and job explanation and management. A typical day at work would be to just show up on time and you would be told then what you where going to do.. if there was anything. My first year there i did allot of bending pipe and pulling wire, along with terminations. Nothing was ever hard about the job besides baring the heat at the bow some days. The most enjoyable part of the day would just be working with great co-workers. only real negative thing is the teaching of things was poor.
Pros
great co workers, lots of pipe bending.
Cons
poor management, lack of work.
Productive ,energetic and hard worker.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON18 July 2014
Typical work day I prefer to work in a happy and friendly environment this will motivate me more and will increase my productivity. I like my management to give me freedom and let me work independently.
I have more than a decade experience in my job and I have been working with many employers in different industries and learned a lot from each of them.
Being positive ,hard worker , quick learner, team worker, and so many other good qualities were are the result of my several years experiences in accounting.
I am studying toward my CGA as part time student and I am hoping to complete my designation in near future.
Hardest part of job is month end closing which needs to work more hours and to be able to handle your street to meet the deadline.
Work was good
Production (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON4 November 2015
Co workers were always fun, management was lacking. Very pushy environment with little understanding from management.
I did enjoy the job however
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very little training
Gained lots of admininstrative experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  nottingham, UK15 January 2014
My very first job. I learned lots of administrative skills and time management. I managed readings, data from meters to check for mistyping values for customer. Used my excellent computer skills for this job.
Pros
A very good team to work with
Cons
Long hours. busy
Very good as an electrician... wouldn't want to work in the office.
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab15 October 2013
Great place to work with great pay and benefits... Management does all they can but lack of staff seams to make it hard for them to respond quickly to men in the field with answers.
Pros
Great pay through union
Cons
Office/management very unorganized
Working with people that share same interests
Fabrication Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 November 2014
Overall a good place to work at but salary/benefits and advancement in the career is low and was not satisfactory for me after 8 years of employment for Siemens Laserworks
Large corporation that offers a lot of different opportunities if you make the right political connections.
Senior Project Manager  (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON5 July 2013
In Canada, Siemens decided to change their entire method of tracking and documenting a projects status and the billing methods. This exercise went off the rails almost immediately due to a lack of preparation and understanding of the complexities involved in making such a radical change in operational procedures. There was a considerable amount of confusion created among the rank and file, resulting in a serious decline in the companies cashflow and ultimately the laying off of a large number of personnel.
Pros
Broad range of project types allow for a stimulating work environment, coworkers are generally very solid people.
Cons
Upper management is disconnected from the realities of each "profit center", and operate in a reactionary environment without much forethought or a plan.
factory
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON9 April 2015
Typical factory work. Pay was fairly good and so were the benefits. I worked here 8 years I learned allot and most employees were friendly.
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor management
Site supervisor
Site Service Supervisor/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  May, ON27 July 2015
Operate 8 wind farms with 4 under projects with a total 524 wind turbines.
Currently operating at 99.99 availability
managed 42 technicians and 42 contractors along with 2 admin staff and 4 comptrollers
Pros
gm is an awesome individual and has a positive outlook of the business
Cons
long hours and no extra coverage or time off in lieu of extra hours
Productive friendly enviroment
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 October 2015
Great place to work a lot of the guys were really close, the work was repetative just a lot of conduit bending but the bosses were great and easy to talk to. Best part of the job was easily that it didnt feel like work half the time and the end of the day would come by quickly with a bunch of things compeleted. Only downside is its hard to advance seeing as youre on contract and i would want something more permenant.
Pros
Lunch near a food court, early start and off time so missed traffic.
Cons
hard to advance.
Very clean and comfortable work environment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 May 2015
I loved it. I was only there for the summer. Everything you'd every need to know to do your job are in these binders, one for every station. Every day or week (I forget) we had a team meeting where we'd stand around this board which had everything you'd ever need to know. This included failures, passes, and other information. Our supervisors were okay. Some where power hungry, others were incredibly nice and helpful. My co workers were also really friendly and helpful. I worked the evening shift so it wasn't as busy meaning I was able to meet a lot of them and become friends. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with all the old equipment. I know it costs a lot to upgrade but I got very good at my job, enough to know the testers were failing working products. I would have to constantly be resetting testers because they would either crash or freeze mid test. The most enjoyable part of my job was how much I could learn just by watching the Repair Technicians fix broken circuit boards. I know I wasn't suppose to leave my post but I would have a few minutes in between to head over and learn a thing or two.
Pros
Clean, Organized, Friendly
Cons
You don't really have a say in management.
Very busy from start to end of the day.
Level I Admin for Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan12 January 2014
Enjoyed the work relating to the position. Very busy and fast paced. Co-workers were excellent, always willing to assist. Management could have expressed verbal support more often and should have addressed the requirement of the use of only English while in the communal work area. I improved my Excel skills. The hardest part of the job was ensuring all required tasks were completed and the most enjoyable was the fact that it was so busy. The day just flew by. I was regretful that I had to leave the position.
Pros
flexible start time hours
Cons
office was not very clean
Interesting place to work, challenging work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 November 2012
Not a bad place to work, sometimes challenging and exciting opportunities, projects, tasks available for employees with some initiitive. Good wages and a nice office enviroment. I made a lot of friends and enjoyed my job most days. Unfortunately being a foreign owned company the work was pulled out of Hamilton and moved to the US. and the Hamilton plant shutdown. Somewhat top heavy with Management types who weren't always in tune with the rank and file employees.
Pros
good wages, good office enviroment, good employees
Cons
foreign owned, management not in tune with employees
One of Canada's Top Employers
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 March 2014
I met some wonderful people while I was with Siemens Canada. The culture of Siemens is work hard and then work harder!
Challenging & demanding environment
IT Projet Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2014
- Cut-through culture with limited leadership
- Good long-term benefits
Pros
Good long-term benefits
Great work environment
Field Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee) –  Brooks, AB19 November 2015
Very rewarding experience, professional development opportunities and a great work environment. Unique project with lots of experience to gain