Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Well organized company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PA20 June 2012
A good company with an organized management structure which has been able to increase employee efficiency as well as reduce unnecessary expenses. This extra edge has allowed Siemens to reduce costs while increasing earnings
Pros
it's management & corporate structure
Cons
not that good at compensation
Great learning opportunity
Truck shop technician / Mobile service technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Siemens Transportation had offered me a solid opportunity to gain tons of diagnostic and R&R experience. Worked in truck shop for a short time before being thrown in to the field being the first tech to manage & maintain all of Kindersley's fleet of units at the TruckAll yard in west Edmonton. Despite being very poorly equipped, poor communication and poor rate of pay for the type of work being done; it was a great learning experience having run a service truck alone with constant heavy workload.
Pros
Good environment & attitude amongst all workers, wide variety of work & responsibilities
Cons
Disorganized management, lack of experienced technicians, poor pay
Well known, international company with high level of good reputation.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2016
Working with a small number of a team, multicultural and mutual understanding co-worker and employee. High qualified management team.
Everyone works in his position with full confident and cooperative with others.
Pros
Free cooffee
Very good as an electrician... wouldn't want to work in the office.
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Ab15 October 2013
Great place to work with great pay and benefits... Management does all they can but lack of staff seams to make it hard for them to respond quickly to men in the field with answers.
Pros
Great pay through union
Cons
Office/management very unorganized
A clean Inviroment, Friendly people and a fair Corporation.
Inventory Clerk Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 November 2015
Working for Siemens Canada give me great confidence in myself due to the trust and cooperation relationship the company have with employees.
A day of work mean, communication had to be the at the top of the list to make sure we meet dead lines to keep our customer happy.
Management always try to stay on top of the business and alternative solutions to any circumstantial issues that can arise on a day to day bases, for the prosperity of the company.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult or unhappy customers, and find applicable solutions.
But the must enjoyable part of the job, was to work with good people, who beside being friendly they have integrity, trust, pride on their job, and to do whats right.
I enjoyed working for Siemens Canada all those years.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
The termination of my Job.
Working with people that share same interests
Fabrication Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 November 2014
Overall a good place to work at but salary/benefits and advancement in the career is low and was not satisfactory for me after 8 years of employment for Siemens Laserworks
factory
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON9 April 2015
Typical factory work. Pay was fairly good and so were the benefits. I worked here 8 years I learned allot and most employees were friendly.
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor management
Top Employer
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 August 2014
High stress work enviornment; however offers work life balance, flex hours, and competitive total compensation.
Pros
Top 100 Employer
Cons
High Stress/ High Expectations
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Technician / Quality Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Canada/USA5 April 2016
My current job with Siemens has made me learn aspects of the construction industry, as well have learned various aspects of mechanical, electrical areas and an overall knowledge of building a project from beginning to end. This makes me confident to proceed to any challenge with any other employer and put my skills to work.
Productive and busy work place
Electrical Engineer analysis (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2016
Always managing a new bid using Microsoft word/excel. I learned a lot of different skills at work such as time management is very important and always staying organized. I enjoyed working there for my 4 months coop and hopefully i find something with similar culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Traffic
Amazing Platform for newcomers to excel in their professional lives
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pakistan31 October 2015
I held this position during the pursuit of an undergraduate degree and it takes little time for students to understand how things work in practical world but I was very fortunate as I got The best environment and management which always made me feel home.
I polished my skills of accounting and finance by applying them in real life and all those Accounting Standards which were so difficult to understand when I was studying them now seems very easy to apply and one can get a lot of sense out of them.
The hardest Part of the job would be my presentation of the reports specially in front of managers and senior management and once you knew that it went good and everyone was happy with your work made it the most enjoyable part of the job as it boosted my confidence and determination to achieve more.
Good work place
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  McMahon Road30 April 2016
Good Work place and lot of things we can learn here. Work culture is also good. People can get more exposure to offshore work
Great team environment, poor salary
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2014
- Great environment
- Good Salary
- Poor management
- Too much pressure from head quarters in Germany
Challenging & demanding environment
IT Projet Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2014
- Cut-through culture with limited leadership
- Good long-term benefits
Pros
Good long-term benefits
It was a good experience working there
Bilingual Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 July 2014
The working environment is conducive with facilities in place. Co-workers are fantastic and fun to be with. Good communication and relationship among co-workers.
The management are excellent with good foresight in moving the company to greater heights.Commendable achievements by the entire team of the management.
I cant say hardest time but challenges arose. This was as a result of several individuals with different personalities.However, issues were resolved and customers were happy at end. As I know that customers are always right even if they are wrong, they treated with such much priority and remarkable comments and feedback were overwhelming.
For everyday work done successfully is my joy but most enjoyable part of the job is that we work as team with management also.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility and rewards for been outstanding
Cons
Long hours due to workload and activities. These occurs once in blue moon.
Benefits
FINANCIAL / COST ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 February 2014
Good benefits for coverage for the whole family. Other perks like Perkopolis membership and special pricing for certain vendors. Also fairly generous RSP matching
Structured business culture
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 March 2016
Siemens is a highly respected organization, mainly from their structure processes which enables consistent results for both customers and the organization.
Pros
Facility to work in almost any part of the world
Cons
Process oriented organization
Good Place to work for
Sr. Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 October 2015
* Typical day at work is hectic and high pressure; many phone calls & emails
* I learn to multitask and handle difficult issues and resolve them at orderly & professional manner
* I learn to work in high pressure environment with positive attitude
* management structure can be improved and have less layers
* Co-workers all very friendly and team oriented
* The hardest part of the job is driving more than 2 hours to and from work
* help people by providing my expertise and they appreciate it
* Good company to work; flexible work schedules; allows work from home part of the week.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
Complex organizational structures
Work, work and only work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 November 2015
Its all about number crunching and head count. No recoganition for top performer.

Good work life balance and lot to learn from very expereinced people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Long Hours, No recoganition, Poor Management
Working with Siemens Canada Limited
Project Manager/ Electrical Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2015
Working with Siemens Canada Limited is a good experience and adding a value to the CV.
I have enhanced my knowledge especially in the project management, and engineering as well.
Management are so kind, and they do listen to the employees.
Co-workers are so co-operative and helpful with each other.

I do recommend for others working with Siemens Canada Limited, but unlikely they don't have currently many projects. Therefore, I'm looking for a job, as my contract will end very soon.