Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Canada

Great work environment
Field Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee) –  Brooks, ABNovember 19, 2015
Very rewarding experience, professional development opportunities and a great work environment. Unique project with lots of experience to gain
Site supervisor
Site Service Supervisor/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  May, ONJuly 27, 2015
Operate 8 wind farms with 4 under projects with a total 524 wind turbines.
Currently operating at 99.99 availability
managed 42 technicians and 42 contractors along with 2 admin staff and 4 comptrollers
Pros
gm is an awesome individual and has a positive outlook of the business
Cons
long hours and no extra coverage or time off in lieu of extra hours
It was a good experience working there
Bilingual Customer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 24, 2014
The working environment is conducive with facilities in place. Co-workers are fantastic and fun to be with. Good communication and relationship among co-workers.
The management are excellent with good foresight in moving the company to greater heights.Commendable achievements by the entire team of the management.
I cant say hardest time but challenges arose. This was as a result of several individuals with different personalities.However, issues were resolved and customers were happy at end. As I know that customers are always right even if they are wrong, they treated with such much priority and remarkable comments and feedback were overwhelming.
For everyday work done successfully is my joy but most enjoyable part of the job is that we work as team with management also.
Pros
free lunches, flexibility and rewards for been outstanding
Cons
long hours due to workload and activities. these occurs once in blue moon.
Gigantic company with diversified product and services portfolios
Director, Oil & Gas Solutions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
Large employer, who treat their people right and reward them too. Flexible working environment but result oriented. Multi cultural employees with global management and resources.
Pros
Great Benefits program
Cons
Rapid and constant change of management
Very clean and comfortable work environment
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 29, 2015
I loved it. I was only there for the summer. Everything you'd every need to know to do your job are in these binders, one for every station. Every day or week (I forget) we had a team meeting where we'd stand around this board which had everything you'd ever need to know. This included failures, passes, and other information. Our supervisors were okay. Some where power hungry, others were incredibly nice and helpful. My co workers were also really friendly and helpful. I worked the evening shift so it wasn't as busy meaning I was able to meet a lot of them and become friends. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with all the old equipment. I know it costs a lot to upgrade but I got very good at my job, enough to know the testers were failing working products. I would have to constantly be resetting testers because they would either crash or freeze mid test. The most enjoyable part of my job was how much I could learn just by watching the Repair Technicians fix broken circuit boards. I know I wasn't suppose to leave my post but I would have a few minutes in between to head over and learn a thing or two.
Pros
Clean, Organized, Friendly
Cons
You don't really have a say in management.
Interesting Company
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAlgary AlbertaNovember 17, 2015
The company is part of Siemens globe, so it is in many countries, and you get to learn to some degree about those countries and the challenges in those countries.
Pros
Dynamic work place
Cons
Long hour
Very engaged management at all levels
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 16, 2015
Excellent people striving to deliver the needed value to the business. Good communication structures and effort. Rich quality of jobs available using extensive and a variety of skill sets.
Process oriented business
Manager PMO, PM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 16, 2015
For the most part, one is left to one's own to get the job done. There are lots of great people to work with at Siemens and the business works hard to cultivate a strong social conscience.
Good work schedule, chances to learn
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
12 hour days, typical day is organizing programs and material to be cut as brought to us by our shift boss. I advanced at a comfortable rate. The hardest part was communication, as there wasn't particularly much of it, at least progressively, but you have to try when you can. The part I enjoyed most was proper progressive learning about the job and productivity.
Pros
4 on 4 off work schedule
Cons
Very very hot and dusty work environment, especially in summer
factory
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 9, 2015
Typical factory work. Pay was fairly good and so were the benefits. I worked here 8 years I learned allot and most employees were friendly.
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor management
My work life at Siemens Westinghouse.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 1, 2013
We were a three shift operation,working static shifts I worked 11 pm. to 7am. Typically I would arrive early to go over the shift prior to mine with the afternoon operator, then either carry on with what ever job was loaded or load another diaphram for laser welding..
Over the years at Siemens -Westinghouse power generation I learned many skills ..I worked as a gas and plasma shape cutter operator,Fitter welder (tig Welding), Paint shop, and finally,CNC Laser welding and cutting. Our management team worked hand in hand with our labour force,, with very good communications and cooperation .we produced high quality extremely efficient Gas turbine engines,the largest 60 hz. turbine in the world.. Working here was a pleasure,, We had many company activities. ie::golf tournaments, family outings , Christmas parties ,etc. I've never considered my job hard, but more mentally challenging,, but enjoyable..
Learning new skills was by far the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
excellent wages, good benefits, good work environment
Cons
plant closure and moving to the us
Great company
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
Great company with a knowledgeable staff. Always stayed busy with lots of work available year round. Lots of out of town work available in both commercial and industrial sectors
Collaboration and Professionalism
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  OakvilleOctober 24, 2015
While working at Siemens had the opportunity to collaborate with many individuals from different aspects of business in order to achieve success on projects. Everyone was very professional and helpful
Top Employer
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 19, 2014
High stress work enviornment; however offers work life balance, flex hours, and competitive total compensation.
Pros
top 100 employer
Cons
high stress/ high expectations
The best place to work in the World
Plant Operations and Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonOctober 2, 2015
Always respected for your knowledge and given the latitude to be inventive and a team participator.rewards were given for demonstrated projects completed on time and budget.
Productive and Fun place to work
not telling (Current Employee) –  not tellingAugust 18, 2015
Siemens has a great work environment, however it is not easy to grow within the company due to the company size. The SAP system they have makes work efficient.
Working with people that share same interests
Fabrication Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2014
Overall a good place to work at but salary/benefits and advancement in the career is low and was not satisfactory for me after 8 years of employment for Siemens Laserworks
Siemens was a good place to work, excellent working conditions with lots of room for promotion
Shipper I (Former Employee) –  chathamMay 8, 2015
I enjoyed working at Siemens. Was very sorry when it closed. The management was open to suggestions. I learned a lot working at Siemens. I was sent on many trouble shooting trips to help solve mistakes that ocured with our products
first physical labour job
Laser Operators helper (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 18, 2015
This was the first Job I had outside of camp and i learned a lot of lessons at it. Although I feel that I didnt get a fair shake at this job, for the most part it taught me the importance of working hard.
Talent Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  OakvilleApril 23, 2013
Great place to work and build a career. Wonderful culture and people to work with.
Pros
best work-life balance
Cons
no job security