Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Under 2 years with 3 Operations Managers
Senior Building Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 23, 2016
I was asked by previous management to move to Winnipeg under false pretenses. Worked very hard with long hours and not always paid. Which was my choice. I thought hard work and ensuring that the job was done correctly would allow me to advance in the company and allow me to move back home to the east coast. Which was promised to me by the original Operations Manager in order for me to move out to Winnipeg. I trained myself on the Siemens equipment and engineering software because there was no senior staff to learn from. They cancelled the Siemens training courses after the original Operations Manager quit. I could not help but feel that this was done because I was brought in by that manager. I was the only staff member in Winnipeg that had training cancelled. All other staff got the training they were booked for.
They fired the sales person and did not hire another. When I got the large jobs done, I was laid off. They showed no consideration for me and the sacrifice I made to move away from my family for this opportunity. Nasty people.
Pros
Learned new equipment and software. Met some nice people.
Cons
Too many to list.
tooling assistant
Tooling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ONMarch 2, 2016
Great job. Worked as a team with my tooling leader, iron workers, Siemens personnel and constructors personnel. To verify, obtain, request, inventory and return various parts for wind turbines.
Great company to work for
Mechanical Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Siemens is a well established company covering a large part of oil & gas industry in turbine repair as well as general repair and manufacturing. Well worth the time invested to grow ones career with.
Pros
Wonderful team environment
Cons
Lack of added training
Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
A clean Inviroment, Friendly people and a fair Corporation.
Inventory Clerk Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 30, 2015
Working for Siemens Canada give me great confidence in myself due to the trust and cooperation relationship the company have with employees.
A day of work mean, communication had to be the at the top of the list to make sure we meet dead lines to keep our customer happy.
Management always try to stay on top of the business and alternative solutions to any circumstantial issues that can arise on a day to day bases, for the prosperity of the company.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult or unhappy customers, and find applicable solutions.
But the must enjoyable part of the job, was to work with good people, who beside being friendly they have integrity, trust, pride on their job, and to do whats right.
I enjoyed working for Siemens Canada all those years.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
The termination of my Job.
Working with Siemens Canada Limited
Project Manager/ Electrical Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2015
Working with Siemens Canada Limited is a good experience and adding a value to the CV.
I have enhanced my knowledge especially in the project management, and engineering as well.
Management are so kind, and they do listen to the employees.
Co-workers are so co-operative and helpful with each other.

I do recommend for others working with Siemens Canada Limited, but unlikely they don't have currently many projects. Therefore, I'm looking for a job, as my contract will end very soon.
Combustion team
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 25, 2016
Working in this environment is very exciting and challenging. Colleges are very friendly. ability to learn and grow fast
Amazing Platform for newcomers to excel in their professional lives
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  PakistanOctober 31, 2015
I held this position during the pursuit of an undergraduate degree and it takes little time for students to understand how things work in practical world but I was very fortunate as I got The best environment and management which always made me feel home.
I polished my skills of accounting and finance by applying them in real life and all those Accounting Standards which were so difficult to understand when I was studying them now seems very easy to apply and one can get a lot of sense out of them.
The hardest Part of the job would be my presentation of the reports specially in front of managers and senior management and once you knew that it went good and everyone was happy with your work made it the most enjoyable part of the job as it boosted my confidence and determination to achieve more.
Good Place to work for
Sr. Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONOctober 1, 2015
* Typical day at work is hectic and high pressure; many phone calls & emails
* I learn to multitask and handle difficult issues and resolve them at orderly & professional manner
* I learn to work in high pressure environment with positive attitude
* management structure can be improved and have less layers
* Co-workers all very friendly and team oriented
* The hardest part of the job is driving more than 2 hours to and from work
* help people by providing my expertise and they appreciate it
* Good company to work; flexible work schedules; allows work from home part of the week.
Pros
flexible work schedules
Cons
Complex organizational structures
Productive friendly enviroment
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 2, 2015
Great place to work a lot of the guys were really close, the work was repetative just a lot of conduit bending but the bosses were great and easy to talk to. Best part of the job was easily that it didnt feel like work half the time and the end of the day would come by quickly with a bunch of things compeleted. Only downside is its hard to advance seeing as youre on contract and i would want something more permenant.
Pros
Lunch near a food court, early start and off time so missed traffic.
Cons
hard to advance.
friendly enviroment
electrical commissioning engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2015
Full of Challenge and new experience. I worked with high tech digital relay and high voltage test device. my colleagues were so nice and had warm approach. multi culture company with high performance.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
contract job
- (Current Employee) –  -March 8, 2016
A very good company to work with and to improve your skills with time. Not much pressure and easy to work with management everyday.
Fast paced and wide variety of different daily challenges
Application Engineering Specialist, IV (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 19, 2015
Limited exposure to personal development. Management is financial centric with approach to customer relations. Great collaboration with colleagues.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lackluster direction and mentorship from management
good work culture
MCC Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgaryJanuary 24, 2016
Salary is low as compared to engineering firms. Its very sales driven, not engineering drives. Its all about making sales with good margin.
Good work schedule, chances to learn
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 2, 2015
12 hour days, typical day is organizing programs and material to be cut as brought to us by our shift boss. I advanced at a comfortable rate. The hardest part was communication, as there wasn't particularly much of it, at least progressively, but you have to try when you can. The part I enjoyed most was proper progressive learning about the job and productivity.
Pros
4 on 4 off work schedule
Cons
Very very hot and dusty work environment, especially in summer
Interesting Company
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAlgary AlbertaNovember 17, 2015
The company is part of Siemens globe, so it is in many countries, and you get to learn to some degree about those countries and the challenges in those countries.
Pros
Dynamic work place
Cons
Long hour
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 2, 2015
I worked for Siemens LaserWorks for a long time. This company sponsored me and my family to come here to Canada back in 2006.
I enjoyed working there with great people. Safety was a big thing out there, which is great for workers. We had supportive management and good benefits.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Very engaged management at all levels
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 16, 2015
Excellent people striving to deliver the needed value to the business. Good communication structures and effort. Rich quality of jobs available using extensive and a variety of skill sets.
keep away
COMMERCIAL/CONTROLS ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
not a very good place to be. no right now and maybe no for a while.

few years back they had a great sales team, they push some of their key members to the point that they broke and decided to quite and move on to other companies, hired new sales personal with little to no experience in the industry that in order to meet their quota under price some jobs, putting a lot of pressure on the operation side of things. management has handle the situation very poorly.
Pros
Cons
politics
Overall good place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 19, 2015
A good place to work with good salary, benefits and work life balance. High quality products and engineering company. Excellent and supportive co-workers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Longs hours and travel