Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Canada

interesting low volume production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being asked to inspect either grinds or repairs of wind turbine blades. I've learned a lot about the composition and construction of turbine blades. Management has high expectations for productivity that sometimes can't be met. The workers are well trained and generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when I have to inform the GL of major rework required to make the blades meet the customers specifications. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am the one who determines whether a blade is good enough to proceed in the process or not, and knowing that the blades that I inspect are held to a high standard of quality.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
future production orders declining
good work culture
MCC Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgaryJanuary 24, 2016
Salary is low as compared to engineering firms. Its very sales driven, not engineering drives. Its all about making sales with good margin.
Productive and busy work place
Electrical Engineer analysis (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Always managing a new bid using Microsoft word/excel. I learned a lot of different skills at work such as time management is very important and always staying organized. I enjoyed working there for my 4 months coop and hopefully i find something with similar culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Traffic
Great company to work for
Mechanical Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Siemens is a well established company covering a large part of oil & gas industry in turbine repair as well as general repair and manufacturing. Well worth the time invested to grow ones career with.
Pros
Wonderful team environment
Cons
Lack of added training
Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great learning opportunity
Truck shop technician / Mobile service technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Siemens Transportation had offered me a solid opportunity to gain tons of diagnostic and R&R experience. Worked in truck shop for a short time before being thrown in to the field being the first tech to manage & maintain all of Kindersley's fleet of units at the TruckAll yard in west Edmonton. Despite being very poorly equipped, poor communication and poor rate of pay for the type of work being done; it was a great learning experience having run a service truck alone with constant heavy workload.
Pros
Good environment & attitude amongst all workers, wide variety of work & responsibilities
Cons
Disorganized management, lack of experienced technicians, poor pay
A clean Inviroment, Friendly people and a fair Corporation.
Inventory Clerk Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 30, 2015
Working for Siemens Canada give me great confidence in myself due to the trust and cooperation relationship the company have with employees.
A day of work mean, communication had to be the at the top of the list to make sure we meet dead lines to keep our customer happy.
Management always try to stay on top of the business and alternative solutions to any circumstantial issues that can arise on a day to day bases, for the prosperity of the company.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult or unhappy customers, and find applicable solutions.
But the must enjoyable part of the job, was to work with good people, who beside being friendly they have integrity, trust, pride on their job, and to do whats right.
I enjoyed working for Siemens Canada all those years.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
The termination of my Job.
Great work environment
Field Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee) –  Brooks, ABNovember 19, 2015
Very rewarding experience, professional development opportunities and a great work environment. Unique project with lots of experience to gain
Overall good place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 19, 2015
A good place to work with good salary, benefits and work life balance. High quality products and engineering company. Excellent and supportive co-workers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Longs hours and travel
friendly enviroment
electrical commissioning engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2015
Full of Challenge and new experience. I worked with high tech digital relay and high voltage test device. my colleagues were so nice and had warm approach. multi culture company with high performance.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
contract job
Interesting Company
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CAlgary AlbertaNovember 17, 2015
The company is part of Siemens globe, so it is in many countries, and you get to learn to some degree about those countries and the challenges in those countries.
Pros
Dynamic work place
Cons
Long hour
Very engaged management at all levels
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONNovember 16, 2015
Excellent people striving to deliver the needed value to the business. Good communication structures and effort. Rich quality of jobs available using extensive and a variety of skill sets.
Process oriented business
Manager PMO, PM (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 16, 2015
For the most part, one is left to one's own to get the job done. There are lots of great people to work with at Siemens and the business works hard to cultivate a strong social conscience.
Great company
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 9, 2015
Great company with a knowledgeable staff. Always stayed busy with lots of work available year round. Lots of out of town work available in both commercial and industrial sectors
Work was good
Production (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONNovember 4, 2015
Co workers were always fun, management was lacking. Very pushy environment with little understanding from management.
I did enjoy the job however
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Very little training
Work, work and only work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 3, 2015
Its all about number crunching and head count. No recoganition for top performer.

Good work life balance and lot to learn from very expereinced people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Long Hours, No recoganition, Poor Management
Amazing Platform for newcomers to excel in their professional lives
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  PakistanOctober 31, 2015
I held this position during the pursuit of an undergraduate degree and it takes little time for students to understand how things work in practical world but I was very fortunate as I got The best environment and management which always made me feel home.
I polished my skills of accounting and finance by applying them in real life and all those Accounting Standards which were so difficult to understand when I was studying them now seems very easy to apply and one can get a lot of sense out of them.
The hardest Part of the job would be my presentation of the reports specially in front of managers and senior management and once you knew that it went good and everyone was happy with your work made it the most enjoyable part of the job as it boosted my confidence and determination to achieve more.
Working with Siemens Canada Limited
Project Manager/ Electrical Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 25, 2015
Working with Siemens Canada Limited is a good experience and adding a value to the CV.
I have enhanced my knowledge especially in the project management, and engineering as well.
Management are so kind, and they do listen to the employees.
Co-workers are so co-operative and helpful with each other.

I do recommend for others working with Siemens Canada Limited, but unlikely they don't have currently many projects. Therefore, I'm looking for a job, as my contract will end very soon.
Collaboration and Professionalism
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  OakvilleOctober 24, 2015
While working at Siemens had the opportunity to collaborate with many individuals from different aspects of business in order to achieve success on projects. Everyone was very professional and helpful
Fast paced and wide variety of different daily challenges
Application Engineering Specialist, IV (Former Employee) –  AlbertaOctober 19, 2015
Limited exposure to personal development. Management is financial centric with approach to customer relations. Great collaboration with colleagues.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lackluster direction and mentorship from management