Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Top-down German management style with lower than average salary
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 March 2017
I have been with Siemens in several roles since graduating university and my biggest complaint is how little engineering work there actually is for one of the largest "Engineering" companies in the world. Most of the R&D work happens in Germany with some in US. Very little happens in Canada, where I work. Luckily I was hired to one of the only places with R&D and a fair-sized engineering department (~60-70). If you are an engineer who likes challenging technical work, I would stay away.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Not enough engineering work, below average salary
Fast paced
Assembly Operator, Mahle (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON3 March 2017
Assemble and inspect parts at a pace set by supervisor.
Controllable speeds set by slowest worker on the line.
Clean work area daily.
Management pushed for more production which could result in bad parts.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Repetition
convoluted
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  ontario28 February 2017
You will be frustrated by convoluted processes and procedures that make it as difficult as possible to follow them, and you MUST follow them. They are designed to keep the accountants happy. Siemens is an engineering company with more accountants than engineers. Compliance mentality. Claim to value innovation and excellence but will punish any attempts to improve/innovate until you are beaten into submission. Too many objectives, often conflicting. People who "manage up" do well.
Great group of guys
Grinder/Lamintor (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON14 February 2017
Love the people i work with. a very physical job and makes you think constantly. Place is going through a lot of changes some for the better and some for worse. A lot of changes are coming
Excellent place to work
Quotations specialist (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2017
The management of the company is very good, there is high regard for individuality. The multicultural environment gives you a very good exposure to work with people with different cultural backgrounds which also helps in the overall development of one's outrlook.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
A bit under staffed so there is excessive work load
Good and sustainable company
ENERGY OPTIMIZATION EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Good work/life balance, the company is constantly growing. Level of co-workers depend on each personality of the employee.
Pros
Work/Life balance, solid organization, relatively good benefits, opportunity for growth
Cons
Mid range salaries, heavy processes
great
Work Term Student (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS18 January 2017
Work term completed through my education for HVAC-R at NSCC Waterfront. Gaining experience working with Siemens building control systems, as well as electronic and pneumatic controls.
Very good staff to work with
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 January 2017
I have learned a lot from the system's and policies put into place which are part of daily activities. Safety culture is much alive with in Siemens.
Great company
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
The supervisors are very friendly and helpful. The co-workers are friendly and will to help. The office environment is clean and comfortable to work in. All tools for work are well maintained
A very good work atmosphere.
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2016
I learned about H-VAC controls when I was working for Siemens. The project that I worked on was at the Alberta children's hospital. I also did work down town Calgary.
great company, they however outsource too
Level 2 Technical Support Agent, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2016
They are smart, company also find ways to save some cash, such as moving to India etc. There is space to improve.A typical day of work; people are great.respectful.good pay.lots of work!!!
Pros
full benefits on those days, no sure now
Cons
shift work used to kill family and friends quality time.
lot a good workers , lot a activites
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 November 2016
lot of change , lot of work , lot of task , busy place , very good co-workers , nice place to work . sport , travel , party . very safe , lot of diferent course ,
Pros
free b.b.q.
Cons
lot of overtime
Siemens Canada Limited
Commodity Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2016
Excellent company to work for! Allow a flexible work schedule that includes working from home. Great support in training of staff internally and through external development opportunities.
Pros
Working from home, great career development and training. Productivity bonus.
Cons
Long hours during tax season
Diverse atmosphere with opportunities to develop and grow
IT Service Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 November 2016
The company provides a good Work/Life Balance environment along with great opportunities to develop your career. Very professional and respectful management team.
Great place to work until it was moved out of country
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 October 2016
Lots of great people. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Safety was a high priority. A good variety of work. Plant was clean.
Pros
Competitive salary & benefits, great people.
Cons
Plant closed in 2011.
Employment summary
Western Canadian Sales Manager, AG (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
The day to day decisions were made in Germany or US. We had all the responsibility but none of the decision making capabilities.
Pros
Excellent products
Cons
Working culture
Golfing, BBQ, and celebrations like New Year
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2016
I love my job, and i learn really fast in any kinds of jobs. I am really comunicative. I am working in teams. I am responsible in every situations. I love to travel and spend my time with my family.
très belle environnement
assembleur de disjoncteur (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC14 October 2016
la propreté de l'entreprise est surprenante, lors d'une journée de travaille les heures passe relativement vite, par contre j'estime la gestion des employés plus au moins adéquate vue le nombre de mise a pied qui a eu lieu peu après l'embauche.
Pros
assurance
Cons
mise a pied régulier
Big company problems, small company problems
HVAC electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2016
Had good experiances with some people that worked there, however there was a massive disconnect between the very large office with alot of suit types, and the in the field blue collar guys. They will continue dumping responsibilty on you with no extra incentive or little to no chance of advancement.
Pros
Consistent Hours
Cons
Lots
Well Organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 September 2016
Best company I have worked for up until they decided to move the business to Mexico. Siemens was well run, Supervisors were listened to and we had created a great team.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Moved to Mexico

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval