Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Great place to work until it was moved out of country
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 October 2016
Lots of great people. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Safety was a high priority. A good variety of work. Plant was clean.
Pros
Competitive salary & benefits, great people.
Cons
Plant closed in 2011.
Diverse atmosphere with opportunities to develop and grow
IT Service Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 November 2016
The company provides a good Work/Life Balance environment along with great opportunities to develop your career. Very professional and respectful management team.
Under 2 years with 3 Operations Managers
Senior Building Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 May 2016
I was asked by previous management to move to Winnipeg under false pretenses. Worked very hard with long hours and not always paid. Which was my choice. I thought hard work and ensuring that the job was done correctly would allow me to advance in the company and allow me to move back home to the east coast. Which was promised to me by the original Operations Manager in order for me to move out to Winnipeg. I trained myself on the Siemens equipment and engineering software because there was no senior staff to learn from. They cancelled the Siemens training courses after the original Operations Manager quit. I could not help but feel that this was done because I was brought in by that manager. I was the only staff member in Winnipeg that had training cancelled. All other staff got the training they were booked for.
They fired the sales person and did not hire another. When I got the large jobs done, I was laid off. They showed no consideration for me and the sacrifice I made to move away from my family for this opportunity. Nasty people.
Pros
Learned new equipment and software. Met some nice people.
Cons
Too many to list.
Siemens Canada Limited
Commodity Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2016
Excellent company to work for! Allow a flexible work schedule that includes working from home. Great support in training of staff internally and through external development opportunities.
Pros
Working from home, great career development and training. Productivity bonus.
Cons
Long hours during tax season
great company, they however outsource too
Level 2 Technical Support Agent, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2016
They are smart, company also find ways to save some cash, such as moving to India etc. There is space to improve.A typical day of work; people are great.respectful.good pay.lots of work!!!
Pros
full benefits on those days, no sure now
Cons
shift work used to kill family and friends quality time.
Big company problems, small company problems
HVAC electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2016
Had good experiances with some people that worked there, however there was a massive disconnect between the very large office with alot of suit types, and the in the field blue collar guys. They will continue dumping responsibilty on you with no extra incentive or little to no chance of advancement.
Pros
Consistent Hours
Cons
Lots
Good place to diversify
Civil Field Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2016
A good place to work although I was a contract staff.
Great exposure and wonderful co workers and opportunity for flexibility in assignment .
An environment that enabled exposure to several other skills
Pros
Good Package
Cons
Inexperience and lack of communication within management
Electric motor mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON29 April 2016
Professional experience
my time was during management change, the direction it was going was inexperienced, senior worker who was also lead hand controlled management and decisions were made hastly.

it is a mom and pop shop with a big name on the door. The shop will do everything to make it appear profitable, but like any company if the shop doesnt make profits the big name just cuts it off. a constant threat while i was working there.

Operations are small, but there rate per hour is Siemens rate without the same quality. With all the competition in motor shops in the surrounding area that charge a fraction of the rate that the Siemens shop does they were unwilling to adjust to the market and missed out on many shut down contracts.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow within a company
Cons
inexperienced management / hasty decision making without reason
Employment summary
Western Canadian Sales Manager, AG (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
The day to day decisions were made in Germany or US. We had all the responsibility but none of the decision making capabilities.
Pros
Excellent products
Cons
Working culture
Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 May 2016
1. Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
2. Planning and execution needs improvement. It has improved in the past 5 years but still long way to go.
3. Restructuring has it the Corporate Services side very hard.

But a great place if you get the right support.
Pros
Slowly getting modernized.
Cons
Planning is very confusing; Transition from Strategic to operational needs much approvement
Great Job, great coworkers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 April 2016
Typically I repaired and maintained machines. I learned alot about laser I hadn't previously known.

The management was not trained to manage. No business experience. They took care of one another to advance themselves however had no qualifications or training for those positions. That is why when the previous owner sold, they went from 200 employees at 2 plants to 23 employees at one plant.

My coworkers were phenomenal. A great bunch of guys working hard to keep it afloat but to no avail, as management and sales men made promises that could not be kept to a vast array of customers and because of it lost their business.
Good company
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 August 2016
Good company to work for, just out of market on salary for some positions but they still offer good benefits, flex hours, and strong bonuses. There are many positives for working for Siemens that outweigh the cons.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
low salary
Great workplace
Time & Material Administrator/ Commercial Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2016
I have enjoyed working with Great People coming from the different side of the globe. working with Siemens was one of my best work experience in my working career. I enjoyed interacting with different personalities. I liked when I am occupied at work, the hardest part sometimes is travelling from home to work in a -30 degrees Celsius weather plus the fog in a very early morning of weekdays. But in total, working with Siemens was an experience of a lifetime.
Good professional work culture
Commissioning Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2016
Positive, energetic and professional work environment. Good safety practices, team spirit, co-operative colleagues and management. I learnt goof amount of technical skills.
Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
Productive and professional workplace
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 June 2016
Each day has different challenges and obstacles to overcome. The people and the work atmosphere is great. Management is approachable and the Company exercises an open door policy.
stress working environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON14 July 2016
management don't care about workers.always gave extreme pressure, minimum wage, hard and stressful working environment, and often fire people
interesting low volume production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON12 February 2016
A typical day at work consists of being asked to inspect either grinds or repairs of wind turbine blades. I've learned a lot about the composition and construction of turbine blades. Management has high expectations for productivity that sometimes can't be met. The workers are well trained and generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when I have to inform the GL of major rework required to make the blades meet the customers specifications. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am the one who determines whether a blade is good enough to proceed in the process or not, and knowing that the blades that I inspect are held to a high standard of quality.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
future production orders declining
Productive and fun loving with a barbaque on site
Field Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
It was pleasure working with the organization, dealing with everyday new challenges on site. It was wonderful experience working with the mixed culture and ethnic people. Enjoyed working always on toes with healthy competition to finish the job in time.
Pros
Appreiciation from the higher managment
Cons
Budget limitations
Productive and busy work place
Electrical Engineer analysis (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2016
Always managing a new bid using Microsoft word/excel. I learned a lot of different skills at work such as time management is very important and always staying organized. I enjoyed working there for my 4 months coop and hopefully i find something with similar culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Traffic