Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Well Organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Best company I have worked for up until they decided to move the business to Mexico. Siemens was well run, Supervisors were listened to and we had created a great team.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Moved to Mexico
Good place to diversify
Civil Field Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2016
A good place to work although I was a contract staff.
Great exposure and wonderful co workers and opportunity for flexibility in assignment .
An environment that enabled exposure to several other skills
Pros
Good Package
Cons
very nice company to work for
Mailroom assistant/Reception (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2016
I learn a lot when I worked for this company /contract work.I really enjoyed working at Siemens,very nice people good working atmosphere. Really dedicated to my job.
Productive and fun work place...
Customer Service Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
I've learned so much, about technology working at Siemens. Individuals who love learning new skills who are into technology... Siemens will definitely be a good feet for you! It is also a very fun place work...
Pros
Very good benefit
Cons
work load...
Good Company
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2016
This is a good company to work for but it needs to be more managed by a Canadian Representative and not managed by out of country managers who are not familiar of Canada work ethics. The people are great!
Good company
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 14, 2016
Good company to work for, just out of market on salary for some positions but they still offer good benefits, flex hours, and strong bonuses. There are many positives for working for Siemens that outweigh the cons.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
low salary
Great place to learn
Third Year Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2016
Fast paced environment with an emphasis on quality work. Apprentices and Journeyman alike are given ample opportunity to learn new skills in the controls environment.
Good professional work culture
Commissioning Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2016
Positive, energetic and professional work environment. Good safety practices, team spirit, co-operative colleagues and management. I learnt goof amount of technical skills.
stress working environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 14, 2016
management don't care about workers.always gave extreme pressure, minimum wage, hard and stressful working environment, and often fire people
Productive and professional workplace
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 29, 2016
Each day has different challenges and obstacles to overcome. The people and the work atmosphere is great. Management is approachable and the Company exercises an open door policy.
Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2016
1. Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
2. Planning and execution needs improvement. It has improved in the past 5 years but still long way to go.
3. Restructuring has it the Corporate Services side very hard.

But a great place if you get the right support.
Pros
Slowly getting modernized.
Cons
Planning is very confusing; Transition from Strategic to operational needs much approvement
Under 2 years with 3 Operations Managers
Senior Building Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 23, 2016
I was asked by previous management to move to Winnipeg under false pretenses. Worked very hard with long hours and not always paid. Which was my choice. I thought hard work and ensuring that the job was done correctly would allow me to advance in the company and allow me to move back home to the east coast. Which was promised to me by the original Operations Manager in order for me to move out to Winnipeg. I trained myself on the Siemens equipment and engineering software because there was no senior staff to learn from. They cancelled the Siemens training courses after the original Operations Manager quit. I could not help but feel that this was done because I was brought in by that manager. I was the only staff member in Winnipeg that had training cancelled. All other staff got the training they were booked for.
They fired the sales person and did not hire another. When I got the large jobs done, I was laid off. They showed no consideration for me and the sacrifice I made to move away from my family for this opportunity. Nasty people.
Pros
Learned new equipment and software. Met some nice people.
Cons
Too many to list.
Sales Manager
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 18, 2016
Great organization. Very weak management in Canada. Products are exceptional and make a difference. Support for Canadian organization needs to be greater from the USA
Inexperience and lack of communication within management
Electric motor mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONApril 29, 2016
Professional experience
my time was during management change, the direction it was going was inexperienced, senior worker who was also lead hand controlled management and decisions were made hastly.

it is a mom and pop shop with a big name on the door. The shop will do everything to make it appear profitable, but like any company if the shop doesnt make profits the big name just cuts it off. a constant threat while i was working there.

Operations are small, but there rate per hour is Siemens rate without the same quality. With all the competition in motor shops in the surrounding area that charge a fraction of the rate that the Siemens shop does they were unwilling to adjust to the market and missed out on many shut down contracts.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow within a company
Cons
inexperienced management / hasty decision making without reason
Great workplace
Time & Material Administrator/ Commercial Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working with Great People coming from the different side of the globe. working with Siemens was one of my best work experience in my working career. I enjoyed interacting with different personalities. I liked when I am occupied at work, the hardest part sometimes is travelling from home to work in a -30 degrees Celsius weather plus the fog in a very early morning of weekdays. But in total, working with Siemens was an experience of a lifetime.
Productive and fun loving with a barbaque on site
Field Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
It was pleasure working with the organization, dealing with everyday new challenges on site. It was wonderful experience working with the mixed culture and ethnic people. Enjoyed working always on toes with healthy competition to finish the job in time.
Pros
Appreiciation from the higher managment
Cons
Budget limitations
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Technician / Quality Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Canada/USAApril 5, 2016
My current job with Siemens has made me learn aspects of the construction industry, as well have learned various aspects of mechanical, electrical areas and an overall knowledge of building a project from beginning to end. This makes me confident to proceed to any challenge with any other employer and put my skills to work.
Great Job, great coworkers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 5, 2016
Typically I repaired and maintained machines. I learned alot about laser I hadn't previously known.

The management was not trained to manage. No business experience. They took care of one another to advance themselves however had no qualifications or training for those positions. That is why when the previous owner sold, they went from 200 employees at 2 plants to 23 employees at one plant.

My coworkers were phenomenal. A great bunch of guys working hard to keep it afloat but to no avail, as management and sales men made promises that could not be kept to a vast array of customers and because of it lost their business.
Well known, international company with high level of good reputation.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 3, 2016
Working with a small number of a team, multicultural and mutual understanding co-worker and employee. High qualified management team.
Everyone works in his position with full confident and cooperative with others.
Pros
Free cooffee
Structured business culture
Business Development (Current Employee) –  OntarioMarch 30, 2016
Siemens is a highly respected organization, mainly from their structure processes which enables consistent results for both customers and the organization.
Pros
Facility to work in almost any part of the world
Cons
Process oriented organization