Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Great job, wrong location
Regional Manager Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2017
I am still at Siemens' Canada and enjoy the challenges my job offers.
I have tried for over 4 years to try and get a transfer to Atlantic Canada as I want to move back there permanently as I own a house in the region.
Pros
Flexible, challenging
Cons
Antiquated thinking, bureaucratic approch
a small view to the office work
Fire Alarm System Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
Typical day at work include :meeting ,layout and design fire alarm system ,customer internal and external answer to request, a lot of time behind the computer screen too .office work , witch is great when we have spend a long time on the field .it s allow now to share and use the knowledge you get before and apply it to your day to day operation .
the workplace has change and we use an open space area , meaning you don t own our place,no more flower at the corner of your desk , no more family picture ,it does n t really matter that s always better than a 4 by 5 cubicle. , this change the way you work ,communication is a key and meeting on line or in person is a big part of your work Meeting on line is a must internally ,but it doesn t mean we don t interact with others ..You have more freedom in your work and more balance between you work and family life :We have freedom to work at home if necessary .Management is like any big company management ,they focus on work ethic ,work safety, ,day to day work operation .
there is no hard part when you like what you're doing , i enjoy it any time of the day bad or good .
Workplace review
Continuous Improvement Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 September 2017
- Working on industrial projects
- being on shop floor to analyzing data
- great team and work culture
- dynamic work
- good communication among the team
Pros
Great team
Cons
Far from home
Very sophisticated work place and great culture co-workers
Certified Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON20 September 2017
Excellent employer. Good wages, benefits and bonuses. Safety and Quality are number one. Nice co-workers.World wide known company as a great technology and good decision making.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Plant closure
Good culture and good people.
Mold Preparation Technician (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON18 September 2017
Great place to work. Strait nights took some getting used to but the staff was super helpful with setup and procedure training. Help was offered and given to those who needed it.
Workplace Culture
Commercial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan8 September 2017
One of the best companies to work with in terms of professional experience and moving up the management tiers. It has great learning and development opportunities at all position levels
Siemens is a great place to work.
Field Service Technician - Energy Management (Current Employee) –  Alberta area, other place in Canada6 September 2017
In terms of learning process and building experience from low voltage to high voltage equipment Siemens is highly recommended. People are great to work with.
Pros
lot of opportunity to learn
Cons
project planning
No Growth
Finance / Commercial Analyst / Controller (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 August 2017
No Growth except for a few, very less annual increment, annual bonus almost zero. Big name but very few initiative for employee's benefit. too much German oriented.
Pros
Big office
Cons
Stuck forever
Fast paced and sometimes stressful
Quality Assurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chapel Arm, NL23 August 2017
working with Siemens can be very fast paced and demanding at times which can be stressful. Working for Siemens has its awards as well. Getting to install new technology in old and deteriorating places and see how you can revive a system can be very rewarding
Laid off due to no work
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2017
Was a place I was willing to fill my career out at. However, due to lack of sales, job creation and an unwillingness to transfer my skills to other positions, I was laid off first for 59 days and then permanently.
Pros
Good Trade
Cons
Lack of work
Best job I ever had
Blade technician (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON13 August 2017
Was an amazing place to work for and was the best job I have ever had. I would still be there if they didn't shut down. I don't think I'll ever find a job that matchs it.
great place to work
Blade Manufacture (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON4 August 2017
always busy, never a dull moment, things always changing. management was very poor from managers to upper level and corporate. people you worked with made it so you wanted to go to work.
Pros
some good goodies, free lunches time to time, great benefits and salary, vacation was great/.
Cons
communication was horrid, couldn't move up in the company, supervisors had favorites.
Compensation is adequate
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON1 August 2017
Compensation was adequate. Management was pieced together and disorganized. Asking for employee input, not intending to use it but to simply make it look like they want their opinions.
Productive, Stressful with poor work/life balance place
Industrial Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ontario28 July 2017
Productive:
New Projects every month

Stressful:
Unrealistic Deadlines and demands

Poor work/life Balance:
Have to work past 5 or 6 pm constantly to meet deadlines and demands.

Great Salary!
Pros
Challenging, opportunity to move up
Cons
stressful, poor work/life balance
Positive Place while the Time lasted
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON27 July 2017
The plant has closed May 18, 2017
While the time lasted it was a great job and you felt like you were making a difference in the green energy initiative
Pros
Great pay and great people
Cons
Fiberglass can be irritating
Good Place to work
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2017
My Job was System Administrator Analyzed system logs and identified potential issues with systems in the environment.
Setup, maintenance and upgrade network security especially those involving IP addresses and connectivity on selected hardware.
Great company to with if you enjoy learning by webinar
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2017
This is a company that has great benefits and work life balance. Training is always being conducted with much of it taking place via webinar. overall if you can have the opportunity to work here it can be very rewarding
Very dynamic, constant change
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON27 June 2017
A lot of variables in planning and work. Always changing how things are done, which is great and I love being busy. Would be nice to have better planning strategies in place
Pros
always busy
Cons
poor management planning
Great place to work with work/life balance
Credit and collection specialist/analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 June 2017
Great place to work with work/life balance. Large global company with multiple divisions. Ownership of issues was sometimes difficult to determine because of the size and wide range of duties. Mostly a good work culture.
Human Resource
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 June 2017
Was an assistant to HR Manager. Answering phone, updated employee files, also did switchboard, set up the board room for meetings - did interviews for new positons.
Pros
Friendly and helpful
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.