Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Canada

stress working environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 14, 2016
management don't care about workers.always gave extreme pressure, minimum wage, hard and stressful working environment, and often fire people
Productive and professional workplace
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 29, 2016
Each day has different challenges and obstacles to overcome. The people and the work atmosphere is great. Management is approachable and the Company exercises an open door policy.
Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2016
1. Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
2. Planning and execution needs improvement. It has improved in the past 5 years but still long way to go.
3. Restructuring has it the Corporate Services side very hard.

But a great place if you get the right support.
Pros
Slowly getting modernized.
Cons
Planning is very confusing; Transition from Strategic to operational needs much approvement
Under 2 years with 3 Operations Managers
Senior Building Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 23, 2016
I was asked by previous management to move to Winnipeg under false pretenses. Worked very hard with long hours and not always paid. Which was my choice. I thought hard work and ensuring that the job was done correctly would allow me to advance in the company and allow me to move back home to the east coast. Which was promised to me by the original Operations Manager in order for me to move out to Winnipeg. I trained myself on the Siemens equipment and engineering software because there was no senior staff to learn from. They cancelled the Siemens training courses after the original Operations Manager quit. I could not help but feel that this was done because I was brought in by that manager. I was the only staff member in Winnipeg that had training cancelled. All other staff got the training they were booked for.
They fired the sales person and did not hire another. When I got the large jobs done, I was laid off. They showed no consideration for me and the sacrifice I made to move away from my family for this opportunity. Nasty people.
Pros
Learned new equipment and software. Met some nice people.
Cons
Too many to list.
Sales Manager
AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 18, 2016
Great organization. Very weak management in Canada. Products are exceptional and make a difference. Support for Canadian organization needs to be greater from the USA
Inexperience and lack of communication within management
Electric motor mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONApril 29, 2016
Professional experience
my time was during management change, the direction it was going was inexperienced, senior worker who was also lead hand controlled management and decisions were made hastly.

it is a mom and pop shop with a big name on the door. The shop will do everything to make it appear profitable, but like any company if the shop doesnt make profits the big name just cuts it off. a constant threat while i was working there.

Operations are small, but there rate per hour is Siemens rate without the same quality. With all the competition in motor shops in the surrounding area that charge a fraction of the rate that the Siemens shop does they were unwilling to adjust to the market and missed out on many shut down contracts.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow within a company
Cons
inexperienced management / hasty decision making without reason
Great workplace
Time & Material Administrator/ Commercial Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working with Great People coming from the different side of the globe. working with Siemens was one of my best work experience in my working career. I enjoyed interacting with different personalities. I liked when I am occupied at work, the hardest part sometimes is travelling from home to work in a -30 degrees Celsius weather plus the fog in a very early morning of weekdays. But in total, working with Siemens was an experience of a lifetime.
Productive and fun loving with a barbaque on site
Field Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
It was pleasure working with the organization, dealing with everyday new challenges on site. It was wonderful experience working with the mixed culture and ethnic people. Enjoyed working always on toes with healthy competition to finish the job in time.
Pros
Appreiciation from the higher managment
Cons
Budget limitations
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Technician / Quality Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Canada/USAApril 5, 2016
My current job with Siemens has made me learn aspects of the construction industry, as well have learned various aspects of mechanical, electrical areas and an overall knowledge of building a project from beginning to end. This makes me confident to proceed to any challenge with any other employer and put my skills to work.
Great Job, great coworkers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 5, 2016
Typically I repaired and maintained machines. I learned alot about laser I hadn't previously known.

The management was not trained to manage. No business experience. They took care of one another to advance themselves however had no qualifications or training for those positions. That is why when the previous owner sold, they went from 200 employees at 2 plants to 23 employees at one plant.

My coworkers were phenomenal. A great bunch of guys working hard to keep it afloat but to no avail, as management and sales men made promises that could not be kept to a vast array of customers and because of it lost their business.
Well known, international company with high level of good reputation.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 3, 2016
Working with a small number of a team, multicultural and mutual understanding co-worker and employee. High qualified management team.
Everyone works in his position with full confident and cooperative with others.
Pros
Free cooffee
Structured business culture
Business Development (Current Employee) –  OntarioMarch 30, 2016
Siemens is a highly respected organization, mainly from their structure processes which enables consistent results for both customers and the organization.
Pros
Facility to work in almost any part of the world
Cons
Process oriented organization
Combustion team
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 25, 2016
Working in this environment is very exciting and challenging. Colleges are very friendly. ability to learn and grow fast
- (Current Employee) –  -March 8, 2016
A very good company to work with and to improve your skills with time. Not much pressure and easy to work with management everyday.
tooling assistant
Tooling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ONMarch 2, 2016
Great job. Worked as a team with my tooling leader, iron workers, Siemens personnel and constructors personnel. To verify, obtain, request, inventory and return various parts for wind turbines.
interesting low volume production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being asked to inspect either grinds or repairs of wind turbine blades. I've learned a lot about the composition and construction of turbine blades. Management has high expectations for productivity that sometimes can't be met. The workers are well trained and generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when I have to inform the GL of major rework required to make the blades meet the customers specifications. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am the one who determines whether a blade is good enough to proceed in the process or not, and knowing that the blades that I inspect are held to a high standard of quality.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
future production orders declining
good work culture
MCC Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgaryJanuary 24, 2016
Salary is low as compared to engineering firms. Its very sales driven, not engineering drives. Its all about making sales with good margin.
Productive and busy work place
Electrical Engineer analysis (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Always managing a new bid using Microsoft word/excel. I learned a lot of different skills at work such as time management is very important and always staying organized. I enjoyed working there for my 4 months coop and hopefully i find something with similar culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Traffic
Great company to work for
Mechanical Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Siemens is a well established company covering a large part of oil & gas industry in turbine repair as well as general repair and manufacturing. Well worth the time invested to grow ones career with.
Pros
Wonderful team environment
Cons
Lack of added training
Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management