Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Big company problems, small company problems
HVAC electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2016
Had good experiances with some people that worked there, however there was a massive disconnect between the very large office with alot of suit types, and the in the field blue collar guys. They will continue dumping responsibilty on you with no extra incentive or little to no chance of advancement.
Pros
Consistent Hours
Cons
Lots
great company, they however outsource too
Level 2 Technical Support Agent, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2016
They are smart, company also find ways to save some cash, such as moving to India etc. There is space to improve.A typical day of work; people are great.respectful.good pay.lots of work!!!
Pros
full benefits on those days, no sure now
Cons
shift work used to kill family and friends quality time.
Siemens Canada Limited
Commodity Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2016
Excellent company to work for! Allow a flexible work schedule that includes working from home. Great support in training of staff internally and through external development opportunities.
Pros
Working from home, great career development and training. Productivity bonus.
Cons
Long hours during tax season
Good place to diversify
Civil Field Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2016
A good place to work although I was a contract staff.
Great exposure and wonderful co workers and opportunity for flexibility in assignment .
An environment that enabled exposure to several other skills
Pros
Good Package
Cons
Productive and fun work place...
Customer Service Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
I've learned so much, about technology working at Siemens. Individuals who love learning new skills who are into technology... Siemens will definitely be a good feet for you! It is also a very fun place work...
Pros
Very good benefit
Cons
work load...
Great place to work until it was moved out of country
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 October 2016
Lots of great people. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Safety was a high priority. A good variety of work. Plant was clean.
Pros
Competitive salary & benefits, great people.
Cons
Plant closed in 2011.
Diverse atmosphere with opportunities to develop and grow
IT Service Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 November 2016
The company provides a good Work/Life Balance environment along with great opportunities to develop your career. Very professional and respectful management team.
Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 May 2016
1. Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
2. Planning and execution needs improvement. It has improved in the past 5 years but still long way to go.
3. Restructuring has it the Corporate Services side very hard.

But a great place if you get the right support.
Pros
Slowly getting modernized.
Cons
Planning is very confusing; Transition from Strategic to operational needs much approvement
Golfing, BBQ, and celebrations like New Year
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2016
I love my job, and i learn really fast in any kinds of jobs. I am really comunicative. I am working in teams. I am responsible in every situations. I love to travel and spend my time with my family.
Good company
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 August 2016
Good company to work for, just out of market on salary for some positions but they still offer good benefits, flex hours, and strong bonuses. There are many positives for working for Siemens that outweigh the cons.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
low salary
Employment summary
Western Canadian Sales Manager, AG (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2016
The day to day decisions were made in Germany or US. We had all the responsibility but none of the decision making capabilities.
Pros
Excellent products
Cons
Working culture
Great workplace
Time & Material Administrator/ Commercial Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2016
I have enjoyed working with Great People coming from the different side of the globe. working with Siemens was one of my best work experience in my working career. I enjoyed interacting with different personalities. I liked when I am occupied at work, the hardest part sometimes is travelling from home to work in a -30 degrees Celsius weather plus the fog in a very early morning of weekdays. But in total, working with Siemens was an experience of a lifetime.
A very good work atmosphere.
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2016
I learned about H-VAC controls when I was working for Siemens. The project that I worked on was at the Alberta children's hospital. I also did work down town Calgary.
Well Organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 September 2016
Best company I have worked for up until they decided to move the business to Mexico. Siemens was well run, Supervisors were listened to and we had created a great team.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Moved to Mexico
Good Company
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2016
This is a good company to work for but it needs to be more managed by a Canadian Representative and not managed by out of country managers who are not familiar of Canada work ethics. The people are great!
lot a good workers , lot a activites
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 November 2016
lot of change , lot of work , lot of task , busy place , very good co-workers , nice place to work . sport , travel , party . very safe , lot of diferent course ,
Pros
free b.b.q.
Cons
lot of overtime
very nice company to work for
Mailroom assistant/Reception (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2016
I learn a lot when I worked for this company /contract work.I really enjoyed working at Siemens,very nice people good working atmosphere. Really dedicated to my job.
Productive and fun loving with a barbaque on site
Field Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2016
It was pleasure working with the organization, dealing with everyday new challenges on site. It was wonderful experience working with the mixed culture and ethnic people. Enjoyed working always on toes with healthy competition to finish the job in time.
Pros
Appreiciation from the higher managment
Cons
Budget limitations
Great Job, great coworkers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 April 2016
Typically I repaired and maintained machines. I learned alot about laser I hadn't previously known.

The management was not trained to manage. No business experience. They took care of one another to advance themselves however had no qualifications or training for those positions. That is why when the previous owner sold, they went from 200 employees at 2 plants to 23 employees at one plant.

My coworkers were phenomenal. A great bunch of guys working hard to keep it afloat but to no avail, as management and sales men made promises that could not be kept to a vast array of customers and because of it lost their business.
Good professional work culture
Commissioning Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2016
Positive, energetic and professional work environment. Good safety practices, team spirit, co-operative colleagues and management. I learnt goof amount of technical skills.