Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
good work culture
MCC Specialist (Former Employee) –  calgaryJanuary 24, 2016
Salary is low as compared to engineering firms. Its very sales driven, not engineering drives. Its all about making sales with good margin.
Overall good place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 19, 2015
A good place to work with good salary, benefits and work life balance. High quality products and engineering company. Excellent and supportive co-workers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Longs hours and travel
Great Job, great coworkers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 5, 2016
Typically I repaired and maintained machines. I learned alot about laser I hadn't previously known.

The management was not trained to manage. No business experience. They took care of one another to advance themselves however had no qualifications or training for those positions. That is why when the previous owner sold, they went from 200 employees at 2 plants to 23 employees at one plant.

My coworkers were phenomenal. A great bunch of guys working hard to keep it afloat but to no avail, as management and sales men made promises that could not be kept to a vast array of customers and because of it lost their business.
Inexperience and lack of communication within management
Electric motor mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONApril 29, 2016
Professional experience
my time was during management change, the direction it was going was inexperienced, senior worker who was also lead hand controlled management and decisions were made hastly.

it is a mom and pop shop with a big name on the door. The shop will do everything to make it appear profitable, but like any company if the shop doesnt make profits the big name just cuts it off. a constant threat while i was working there.

Operations are small, but there rate per hour is Siemens rate without the same quality. With all the competition in motor shops in the surrounding area that charge a fraction of the rate that the Siemens shop does they were unwilling to adjust to the market and missed out on many shut down contracts.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow within a company
Cons
inexperienced management / hasty decision making without reason
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 2, 2015
I worked for Siemens LaserWorks for a long time. This company sponsored me and my family to come here to Canada back in 2006.
I enjoyed working there with great people. Safety was a big thing out there, which is great for workers. We had supportive management and good benefits.
Pros
A lot of overtime
interesting low volume production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being asked to inspect either grinds or repairs of wind turbine blades. I've learned a lot about the composition and construction of turbine blades. Management has high expectations for productivity that sometimes can't be met. The workers are well trained and generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when I have to inform the GL of major rework required to make the blades meet the customers specifications. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am the one who determines whether a blade is good enough to proceed in the process or not, and knowing that the blades that I inspect are held to a high standard of quality.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
future production orders declining
High Stress, Long hours but decent pay/benefits
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONOctober 9, 2015
Management have very high expectations and dont count on 9-5 by any means. Good benefits though and ability to telecommute. Tons of layoffs but that's business i suppose.
Under 2 years with 3 Operations Managers
Senior Building Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 23, 2016
I was asked by previous management to move to Winnipeg under false pretenses. Worked very hard with long hours and not always paid. Which was my choice. I thought hard work and ensuring that the job was done correctly would allow me to advance in the company and allow me to move back home to the east coast. Which was promised to me by the original Operations Manager in order for me to move out to Winnipeg. I trained myself on the Siemens equipment and engineering software because there was no senior staff to learn from. They cancelled the Siemens training courses after the original Operations Manager quit. I could not help but feel that this was done because I was brought in by that manager. I was the only staff member in Winnipeg that had training cancelled. All other staff got the training they were booked for.
They fired the sales person and did not hire another. When I got the large jobs done, I was laid off. They showed no consideration for me and the sacrifice I made to move away from my family for this opportunity. Nasty people.
Pros
Learned new equipment and software. Met some nice people.
Cons
Too many to list.
Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2016
1. Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
2. Planning and execution needs improvement. It has improved in the past 5 years but still long way to go.
3. Restructuring has it the Corporate Services side very hard.

But a great place if you get the right support.
Pros
Slowly getting modernized.
Cons
Planning is very confusing; Transition from Strategic to operational needs much approvement
Great workplace
Time & Material Administrator/ Commercial Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working with Great People coming from the different side of the globe. working with Siemens was one of my best work experience in my working career. I enjoyed interacting with different personalities. I liked when I am occupied at work, the hardest part sometimes is travelling from home to work in a -30 degrees Celsius weather plus the fog in a very early morning of weekdays. But in total, working with Siemens was an experience of a lifetime.
Productive and fun work place...
Customer Service Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
I've learned so much, about technology working at Siemens. Individuals who love learning new skills who are into technology... Siemens will definitely be a good feet for you! It is also a very fun place work...
Pros
Very good benefit
Cons
work load...
Good place to diversify
Civil Field Engineer/ Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2016
A good place to work although I was a contract staff.
Great exposure and wonderful co workers and opportunity for flexibility in assignment .
An environment that enabled exposure to several other skills
Pros
Good Package
Great learning opportunity
Truck shop technician / Mobile service technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Siemens Transportation had offered me a solid opportunity to gain tons of diagnostic and R&R experience. Worked in truck shop for a short time before being thrown in to the field being the first tech to manage & maintain all of Kindersley's fleet of units at the TruckAll yard in west Edmonton. Despite being very poorly equipped, poor communication and poor rate of pay for the type of work being done; it was a great learning experience having run a service truck alone with constant heavy workload.
Pros
Good environment & attitude amongst all workers, wide variety of work & responsibilities
Cons
Disorganized management, lack of experienced technicians, poor pay
Well known, international company with high level of good reputation.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 3, 2016
Working with a small number of a team, multicultural and mutual understanding co-worker and employee. High qualified management team.
Everyone works in his position with full confident and cooperative with others.
Pros
Free cooffee
Siemens has a very deanding work culture with tight deadlines.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 2, 2015
It was rewarding working at Siemens Canada. The ability to multi-task was very important. There was great exposure to many facets of financial and corporate accounting which allowed me to develop a broad skillset.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Work life balance was difficult
Good company
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 14, 2016
Good company to work for, just out of market on salary for some positions but they still offer good benefits, flex hours, and strong bonuses. There are many positives for working for Siemens that outweigh the cons.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
low salary
Good Company
Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2016
This is a good company to work for but it needs to be more managed by a Canadian Representative and not managed by out of country managers who are not familiar of Canada work ethics. The people are great!
very nice company to work for
Mailroom assistant/Reception (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2016
I learn a lot when I worked for this company /contract work.I really enjoyed working at Siemens,very nice people good working atmosphere. Really dedicated to my job.
Well Organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Best company I have worked for up until they decided to move the business to Mexico. Siemens was well run, Supervisors were listened to and we had created a great team.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Moved to Mexico