Siemens AG Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor culture, poor management
business development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Management are often changed frequently. Minimum growth for individuals who have minimum experience. Work culture is very competitive and often determined by the employees political position within the company
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great Job, great coworkers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 5, 2016
Typically I repaired and maintained machines. I learned alot about laser I hadn't previously known.

The management was not trained to manage. No business experience. They took care of one another to advance themselves however had no qualifications or training for those positions. That is why when the previous owner sold, they went from 200 employees at 2 plants to 23 employees at one plant.

My coworkers were phenomenal. A great bunch of guys working hard to keep it afloat but to no avail, as management and sales men made promises that could not be kept to a vast array of customers and because of it lost their business.
interesting low volume production
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONFebruary 12, 2016
A typical day at work consists of being asked to inspect either grinds or repairs of wind turbine blades. I've learned a lot about the composition and construction of turbine blades. Management has high expectations for productivity that sometimes can't be met. The workers are well trained and generally easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is when I have to inform the GL of major rework required to make the blades meet the customers specifications. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am the one who determines whether a blade is good enough to proceed in the process or not, and knowing that the blades that I inspect are held to a high standard of quality.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
future production orders declining
Productive and busy work place
Electrical Engineer analysis (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Always managing a new bid using Microsoft word/excel. I learned a lot of different skills at work such as time management is very important and always staying organized. I enjoyed working there for my 4 months coop and hopefully i find something with similar culture.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Traffic
Inexperience and lack of communication within management
Electric motor mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONApril 29, 2016
Professional experience
my time was during management change, the direction it was going was inexperienced, senior worker who was also lead hand controlled management and decisions were made hastly.

it is a mom and pop shop with a big name on the door. The shop will do everything to make it appear profitable, but like any company if the shop doesnt make profits the big name just cuts it off. a constant threat while i was working there.

Operations are small, but there rate per hour is Siemens rate without the same quality. With all the competition in motor shops in the surrounding area that charge a fraction of the rate that the Siemens shop does they were unwilling to adjust to the market and missed out on many shut down contracts.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow within a company
Cons
inexperienced management / hasty decision making without reason
Great learning opportunity
Truck shop technician / Mobile service technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Siemens Transportation had offered me a solid opportunity to gain tons of diagnostic and R&R experience. Worked in truck shop for a short time before being thrown in to the field being the first tech to manage & maintain all of Kindersley's fleet of units at the TruckAll yard in west Edmonton. Despite being very poorly equipped, poor communication and poor rate of pay for the type of work being done; it was a great learning experience having run a service truck alone with constant heavy workload.
Pros
Good environment & attitude amongst all workers, wide variety of work & responsibilities
Cons
Disorganized management, lack of experienced technicians, poor pay
Well known, international company with high level of good reputation.
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 3, 2016
Working with a small number of a team, multicultural and mutual understanding co-worker and employee. High qualified management team.
Everyone works in his position with full confident and cooperative with others.
Pros
Free cooffee
A clean Inviroment, Friendly people and a fair Corporation.
Inventory Clerk Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 30, 2015
Working for Siemens Canada give me great confidence in myself due to the trust and cooperation relationship the company have with employees.
A day of work mean, communication had to be the at the top of the list to make sure we meet dead lines to keep our customer happy.
Management always try to stay on top of the business and alternative solutions to any circumstantial issues that can arise on a day to day bases, for the prosperity of the company.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult or unhappy customers, and find applicable solutions.
But the must enjoyable part of the job, was to work with good people, who beside being friendly they have integrity, trust, pride on their job, and to do whats right.
I enjoyed working for Siemens Canada all those years.
Pros
Great Company to work for.
Cons
The termination of my Job.
Under 2 years with 3 Operations Managers
Senior Building Automation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 23, 2016
I was asked by previous management to move to Winnipeg under false pretenses. Worked very hard with long hours and not always paid. Which was my choice. I thought hard work and ensuring that the job was done correctly would allow me to advance in the company and allow me to move back home to the east coast. Which was promised to me by the original Operations Manager in order for me to move out to Winnipeg. I trained myself on the Siemens equipment and engineering software because there was no senior staff to learn from. They cancelled the Siemens training courses after the original Operations Manager quit. I could not help but feel that this was done because I was brought in by that manager. I was the only staff member in Winnipeg that had training cancelled. All other staff got the training they were booked for.
They fired the sales person and did not hire another. When I got the large jobs done, I was laid off. They showed no consideration for me and the sacrifice I made to move away from my family for this opportunity. Nasty people.
Pros
Learned new equipment and software. Met some nice people.
Cons
Too many to list.
Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 26, 2016
1. Lots of Opportunities available IF MANAGEMENT supports you.
2. Planning and execution needs improvement. It has improved in the past 5 years but still long way to go.
3. Restructuring has it the Corporate Services side very hard.

But a great place if you get the right support.
Pros
Slowly getting modernized.
Cons
Planning is very confusing; Transition from Strategic to operational needs much approvement
Overall good place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 19, 2015
A good place to work with good salary, benefits and work life balance. High quality products and engineering company. Excellent and supportive co-workers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Longs hours and travel
Great workplace
Time & Material Administrator/ Commercial Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
I have enjoyed working with Great People coming from the different side of the globe. working with Siemens was one of my best work experience in my working career. I enjoyed interacting with different personalities. I liked when I am occupied at work, the hardest part sometimes is travelling from home to work in a -30 degrees Celsius weather plus the fog in a very early morning of weekdays. But in total, working with Siemens was an experience of a lifetime.
Amazing Platform for newcomers to excel in their professional lives
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  PakistanOctober 31, 2015
I held this position during the pursuit of an undergraduate degree and it takes little time for students to understand how things work in practical world but I was very fortunate as I got The best environment and management which always made me feel home.
I polished my skills of accounting and finance by applying them in real life and all those Accounting Standards which were so difficult to understand when I was studying them now seems very easy to apply and one can get a lot of sense out of them.
The hardest Part of the job would be my presentation of the reports specially in front of managers and senior management and once you knew that it went good and everyone was happy with your work made it the most enjoyable part of the job as it boosted my confidence and determination to achieve more.
Work, work and only work.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONNovember 3, 2015
Its all about number crunching and head count. No recoganition for top performer.

Good work life balance and lot to learn from very expereinced people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Long Hours, No recoganition, Poor Management
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 2, 2015
I worked for Siemens LaserWorks for a long time. This company sponsored me and my family to come here to Canada back in 2006.
I enjoyed working there with great people. Safety was a big thing out there, which is great for workers. We had supportive management and good benefits.
Pros
A lot of overtime
keep away
COMMERCIAL/CONTROLS ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
not a very good place to be. no right now and maybe no for a while.

few years back they had a great sales team, they push some of their key members to the point that they broke and decided to quite and move on to other companies, hired new sales personal with little to no experience in the industry that in order to meet their quota under price some jobs, putting a lot of pressure on the operation side of things. management has handle the situation very poorly.
Pros
Cons
politics
Productive and fun work place...
Customer Service Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
I've learned so much, about technology working at Siemens. Individuals who love learning new skills who are into technology... Siemens will definitely be a good feet for you! It is also a very fun place work...
Pros
Very good benefit
Cons
work load...
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Technician / Quality Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Canada/USAApril 5, 2016
My current job with Siemens has made me learn aspects of the construction industry, as well have learned various aspects of mechanical, electrical areas and an overall knowledge of building a project from beginning to end. This makes me confident to proceed to any challenge with any other employer and put my skills to work.
- (Current Employee) –  -March 8, 2016
A very good company to work with and to improve your skills with time. Not much pressure and easy to work with management everyday.
Productive and fun loving with a barbaque on site
Field Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
It was pleasure working with the organization, dealing with everyday new challenges on site. It was wonderful experience working with the mixed culture and ethnic people. Enjoyed working always on toes with healthy competition to finish the job in time.
Pros
Appreiciation from the higher managment
Cons
Budget limitations