Siemens AG Employee Reviews

place holder
Supervisor/Staff Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2018
This employer treats some teams really well. It is a big organization with many benefits and diverse work cultures. There is a lot of bureaucracy around anything related to HR.
Pros
Big company with many areas of expertise to advance
Cons
Jobs in North America are not stable
Seems to be lacking
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
Not a bad company but leadership is terrible with no direction from the top. Salary is comparable with other organizations but has very limited growth potential.
A good company
Executive Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sindh6 December 2017
Good company to work with
over all its a good opportunity
salaries are low
long working hours
mates are cooperative.
facilities are good
flexible working hours
Canadian jobs lost when the Germans came and replaced us
Electrical QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnybrook, AB24 November 2017
The PC government approved Siemens Canada hiring over 200 Germans to come and take Canadian roles in the constructing of the High Voltage DC converter stations. Their culture didn't like the "Canadian way" and eventually led to a human rights case. Siemens Canada didn't care, as contract employees in Alberta are a dime a dozen. Avoid doing construction work with them. You'll learn the hard way.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrendous culture - easier to get rid of you than fix the problem
Good work environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 November 2017
A fast paced call center environment. I learned about the hydro usage, policies and regulations. High volume of calls and good pay. A good first job to start.
Pros
Fast paced with no carry over work for next day
was a great team
Regional Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indonesia24 October 2017
it was a great pleasure to worked with the people from around the world where understand of us, no matter hardest work we we feel like a big family, there was no limit between Boss and staff. was great management
Great Work / Home Balance
Project Manager - Wind Power & Renewables (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 October 2017
Great work and home balance. Overall culture very good and management support good. Only issue is advancement opportunities are few and far between for Canadian positions in the organization. Must travel overseas for other opportunities within the company.
Great job, wrong location
Regional Manager Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2017
I am still at Siemens' Canada and enjoy the challenges my job offers.
I have tried for over 4 years to try and get a transfer to Atlantic Canada as I want to move back there permanently as I own a house in the region.
Pros
Flexible, challenging
Cons
Antiquated thinking, bureaucratic approch
a small view to the office work
Fire Alarm System Designer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
Typical day at work include :meeting ,layout and design fire alarm system ,customer internal and external answer to request, a lot of time behind the computer screen too .office work , witch is great when we have spend a long time on the field .it s allow now to share and use the knowledge you get before and apply it to your day to day operation .
the workplace has change and we use an open space area , meaning you don t own our place,no more flower at the corner of your desk , no more family picture ,it does n t really matter that s always better than a 4 by 5 cubicle. , this change the way you work ,communication is a key and meeting on line or in person is a big part of your work Meeting on line is a must internally ,but it doesn t mean we don t interact with others ..You have more freedom in your work and more balance between you work and family life :We have freedom to work at home if necessary .Management is like any big company management ,they focus on work ethic ,work safety, ,day to day work operation .
there is no hard part when you like what you're doing , i enjoy it any time of the day bad or good .
Workplace review
Continuous Improvement Intern (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 September 2017
- Working on industrial projects
- being on shop floor to analyzing data
- great team and work culture
- dynamic work
- good communication among the team
Pros
Great team
Cons
Far from home

Want to know more about Siemens AG?

Ask a question
Very sophisticated work place and great culture co-workers
Certified Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON20 September 2017
Excellent employer. Good wages, benefits and bonuses. Safety and Quality are number one. Nice co-workers.World wide known company as a great technology and good decision making.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Plant closure
Good culture and good people.
Mold Preparation Technician (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON18 September 2017
Great place to work. Strait nights took some getting used to but the staff was super helpful with setup and procedure training. Help was offered and given to those who needed it.
Workplace Culture
Commercial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakistan8 September 2017
One of the best companies to work with in terms of professional experience and moving up the management tiers. It has great learning and development opportunities at all position levels
Siemens is a great place to work.
Field Service Technician - Energy Management (Current Employee) –  Alberta area, other place in Canada6 September 2017
In terms of learning process and building experience from low voltage to high voltage equipment Siemens is highly recommended. People are great to work with.
Pros
lot of opportunity to learn
Cons
project planning
No Growth
Finance / Commercial Analyst / Controller (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 August 2017
No Growth except for a few, very less annual increment, annual bonus almost zero. Big name but very few initiative for employee's benefit. too much German oriented.
Pros
Big office
Cons
Stuck forever
Fast paced and sometimes stressful
Quality Assurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chapel Arm, NL23 August 2017
working with Siemens can be very fast paced and demanding at times which can be stressful. Working for Siemens has its awards as well. Getting to install new technology in old and deteriorating places and see how you can revive a system can be very rewarding
Laid off due to no work
Security Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 August 2017
Was a place I was willing to fill my career out at. However, due to lack of sales, job creation and an unwillingness to transfer my skills to other positions, I was laid off first for 59 days and then permanently.
Pros
Good Trade
Cons
Lack of work
Best job I ever had
Blade technician (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON13 August 2017
Was an amazing place to work for and was the best job I have ever had. I would still be there if they didn't shut down. I don't think I'll ever find a job that matchs it.
great place to work
Blade Manufacture (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON4 August 2017
always busy, never a dull moment, things always changing. management was very poor from managers to upper level and corporate. people you worked with made it so you wanted to go to work.
Pros
some good goodies, free lunches time to time, great benefits and salary, vacation was great/.
Cons
communication was horrid, couldn't move up in the company, supervisors had favorites.
Compensation is adequate
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON1 August 2017
Compensation was adequate. Management was pieced together and disorganized. Asking for employee input, not intending to use it but to simply make it look like they want their opinions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.