As a member of the Human Resources team, the Human Resources Intern will assist in delivering a broad range of Human Resources activities while demonstrating a superior level of customer service. Reporting to the Associate, Human Resources the HR Intern will provide support to the implementation, maintenance and delivery of Human Resources systems and processes.
- Ensures data integrity of all systems (Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources Information Systems and Performance Management); running reports and conducting audits on a regular basis;
- Assists with recruitment activities which may include maintaining careers inbox, preparing position profiles, job postings, external advertisements, telephone screening, interviewing and reference checking;
- Drafts a variety of correspondence for the Human Resources team;
- Supports the Human Resources team administratively which includes creating employment files, filing and other administrative tasks as needed; and
- Support the HR Team project of our HR Information System upgrade which will include attending meetings, data cleansing, supporting training and other support and needed.
- Must be working towards a University degree or Community college diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent;
- Previous Human Resources and/or administrative experience ;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point and Excel;
- Discretion, tact, diplomacy and attention to detail are essential;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Ability to constantly re-prioritize work in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; and
- Be a team player.
About SickKids Foundation:
SickKids Foundation is the largest non-governmental granting agency in child health in Canada. Established in 1972, SickKids Foundation has granted over $500 million to The Hospital for Sick Children and over $60 million to researchers across the country.
As a national charity, SickKids Foundation not only invests in the important work taking place at The Hospital for Sick Children, it also invests in targeted strategic initiatives which are national and international in scope, to benefit child and youth health in Canada and around the world and complement the work done at SickKids. This commitment to child and youth health in Canada is true to the spirit of the Foundation’s founders, who articulated a vision for the Foundation that went well beyond the hospital walls over 33 years ago.
SickKids Foundation inspires people to invest in groundbreaking discoveries, the transfer of knowledge and the care of children and their families in Canada and around the world. The future of healthier children starts here. Help us change their world so they can change ours.
SickKids Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be advised that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.