Canada’s Ukrainian Shumka Dancers is seeking an Executive Director to be based out of Edmonton, Alberta.
The candidate for Executive Director will have five or more years of experience working in a senior management role with performing arts companies, combined with a degree or diploma in the arts or fine arts (or equivalent). Experience with HR supervision, budgets, grant writing, programming, communications, development, community relationships, and working with Boards is necessary. An understanding of the multicultural and historical background of Shumka and its current and potential role within the Canadian performing arts industry is an asset. Knowledge of the Ukrainian language is also an asset.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Upholding the Vision, Mission, and Mandate of the Ukrainian Shumka Dancers in every aspect of artistic and business operations;
2. Reporting to the Board of Directors (direct report: President);
3. Providing direct supervision to and management of staff of the company;
4. Pursuing and developing corporate, government, and private sponsorship in conjunction with the Shumka Foundation Board and supporting arrangements and agreements to support the operations, projects, and strategic goals of the company;
5. Working with the Accountant to ensure with timely updates of CADAC financial and statistical reporting;
6. Managing the business of artistic development of the company;
7. Developing and managing brand awareness of the company;
8. Providing financial stewardship and leadership for the company including budgeting and risk management;
9. Creating and supporting opportunities for stakeholder engagement and retention (dancers, staff, board, foundation, school, alumni, donors, community);
10. Actively following, pursuing, and developing the strategic plan of the Ukrainian Shumka Dancers;
11. Supervising productions and projects including scheduling performances, company management, and hiring production staff.
Resumes and cover letters (with salary expectations) to be sent by May 9, 2014.