Shred-It

Shred-It Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very hard work at times.
Driver/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 20, 2014
Pros: straight days business working hours.
Cons: brutal hard work, ignorant customers, ill-fitting uniforms, rules for everything!
Think paper isn't very heavy? Try lifting 200 or more Banker Boxes full of it or large bags that can hold up to 100 lbs of paper and think again. Most times boxes are splitting apart as well, making lifting harder.

Customers are the worst part of the job. They routinely overfill 'console' boxes, jamming them full of paper because they don't want to – more... have to pay for another console. They will pile stuff in front of console forcing you to move their stuff to service it. When they have a 'purge' they will pile up their stuff in basements or other inaccessible areas forcing you to carry stuff outside by hand.

You will often be lied to by customers, they say '10 boxes' you show up and there is 50 or more and you are not scheduled to have enough time to shred them so you fall behind quickly.

And God Forbid if you are dealing with their splitting lidless boxes outside and a few sheets of paper blow away in the wind, that is considered a 'Security Breach' and you will be fired. Even if the customer had truck doors you could have used to keep out of the wind and load more efficiently but they insisted you park outside on a city street on a very windy day. – less
Nice place to work
Client Care Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 23, 2014
Corporate atmosphere. Very quiet. Management and co-workers are always willing to assist you if needed. Very team orientated. Friendly atmosphere.
Satisfactory Employment with Little Room to Advance
SAP System Analyst (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 5, 2014
Contract work provided good pay and a satisfactory work experience. General morale seemed low. Little room to move; higher positions often outsourced while long-term employees floundered.
good job - terrible communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 11, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: communication
this was an average job in the field. if you got your work done, management was happy.
Productive and fun workplace with Pool table
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 28, 2013
* Developing and motivated work atmosphere

* Highly enthusiastic and educated cultured co-workers
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 2, 2013
Pros: proximity to my house
Cons: tedious job duties
Good management and great co-workers. I was resonsible for posting cash receipts to the GL
Professional work environment
Production and Materials Control (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 31, 2012
Pros: objective driven
Cons: business very sensitive to economic fluctuations
Shred-it provides a work environment open to the employee to deploy his skills with clear goals but without creating walls around the employee
the perfect workplace and environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Edmonton.June 18, 2012
loved working here, management was excellent and had a lot of trust for employees. The best company i have worked for so far, pay was great, company values was great and words couldn't describe the comfort I felt while working there, like i was part of a family.
co workers were easy to get along with
SOC-Sales and Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Texas and AustinAugust 8, 2014
enjoyed working with this company, I also learned all about myself as far a able to multi task and meet deadlines.
Another good school that is out there.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Concord, CAAugust 5, 2014
A stop along the way to try and get a head in the tech world. Not very good at job placement.
15 to 25 stops, collecting documents for detruction
Class B CDL - Route Customer Service Driver (Current Employee), dallas,texasMay 19, 2014
I start my day with reviewing my route then I begin my pre trip. After all the morning prepping I then drive to each and every stop to collect documents and take them to my truck to shred them. At the end of my route I bring all the shredded paper back to the dock to be baled and shipped off for recycling. After cleaning and post trip my day is complete.
Required to still overnight out of town
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours to work.
Cons: bad healthcare plan
Not very many opportunities to move up from entry level. Long hours and heavy labor.
Shred-it not a well managed company.
Customer Service Representative / Class B Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 25, 2014
Pros: it was a job....
Cons: no lunch breaks if you were to meet daily schedule.
The job itself is ok when managed properly. Lack of good leadership and an over achiver mentallity without the proper resources to accomplish company goals. Created a negative atmosheper among co workers that lead to a "through you under the bus mentallity". Equipment was poorly maintaned that lead to a lot of down time which inturn created more work – more... to be done in a shorter period of time and many times not possible. – less
Entry Level Sales Position
Account Executive (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 5, 2014
Management is tough but it is a pretty good place to get into sales.
Great team environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Kent, WAFebruary 20, 2014
Working in the field Tuesdays, Thursdays and afternoons on Wednesday on Friday. I the office on Mondays, and Wednesday/Friday morning making outbound calls and catching up on admin work. Very supportive sales manager. Immediate co-worker are very upbeat and work very well with. The hardest part is coordinating logistics with the operations team due – more... to being in and out of the office. The most enjoyable part is working with my team mates on office days. – less
Overall Decent
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Atlanta GAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great group of people in my local office
Cons: service trucks break down way to frequent
Long Days with proper planning allows our team to reach many clients. With a day in the office to follow up on ongoing projects.
Fun Place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: good bonuses, christmas parties, employee appriciation day
Cons: really dont have any
I loved working at Shred-It and If I did not move from Virginia back to Wisconsin I would still be working for them. We would laugh and joke but still got our work done. My boss was even in the mix when it came to joking and having a good time.
I enjoyed the work and liked my co-workers
Security Consultant (Former Employee), Corona, CAJanuary 20, 2014
I had a large territory and drove over 600 miles per week. My territory was from Beaumont/Banning through Coachella Valley and Imperial County. I enjoy meeting people and have a good, consultative sales approach.
Entry Level At Best
Sales Executive (Former Employee), NYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: easy one call close, no expertise needed, good team locally
Cons: upper management lost and unsure of their own future, manage reactively, no technology, chase commissions & expenses, no help from local office while out in the field with no technology, operations doesn't work well with sales, comp structure a joke
Not for a seasoned salesman, better fit for an entry level position as a stepping stone for your career and resume
Used to be a good place to work
Sales executive (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 6, 2013
Cons: long hour, low pay, bad benefits, bad general manager
Typical day. Truck breakdowns, angry customers, not enough drivers, angry General manager, not enough hours in the day to do all the work. What I learned-crony hiring practices from the regional Vice President to General manager to sales manger to client care executive. GM manipulates, lies and vindictive. Management is lazy at the GM level and up CSM's – more... worked till they drop. CSR's are hard working and not appreciated. Discriminatory hiring practices. Most enjoyable part of the job? The day I left. They have turned into a micro management monster. They do not care about the hourly employees or the CSM's. Pay is horrible, benefits are horrible. Moral is low. If you like low pay, long hours, bad benefits being treated badly, this is the place for you. – less

1 2 3

About Shred-It

Shred-it does just what its name says. The company specializes in secure on-site shredding of documents, as well as non-paper – Read more

Shred-It Photos