Shred-It Employee Reviews

Foosball Table!!!
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 June 2017
They have a foosball table. What more needs to be said?

Foosball, foosball, we all love foosball!!!

We play two-on-two, we play four-on-four. Lunch or afternoon, your wrists will be twisting soon.

Foosball for me! Foosball for all!! Foosball for everyone, all day long!!
Pros
Foosball
Cons
Not enough time to play foosball all the time
productive
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2017
working at Shred-It was a great experience, highly recommend it to anyone looking to get there feet wet in the mobile shredding business. i spent most of my time in the warehouse but the few days i had in the field were very interesting to say the least.
Evil place to work
CUSTOMER SECURITY REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 May 2017
The worst place I had ever work for. They lie, cheat and treat there employees bad. Favoritism is highly noticed at Shred IT Cambridge. Stay far away from this company, management does not care about there staff, they are also very cheap, no reward for ones hard work.
Pros
4 day work weeks, RRSP program, 3 weeks vacation after 1 year.
Cons
Rate of pay, and Management
The company was sold in 2016 . It is now called Stericle.
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville Corporate Office17 January 2017
Management was poor...there were no positive reinforcements whatsoever..but great co-workers . Due to major re-organization my job became obsolete. However, it was a great learning environment as there were many software implementations and projects. Working there day-to-day was good but somewhat challenging.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Shred-it
Master Data Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 January 2017
Shred-it does an outstanding work in keeping their employees satisfied with in terms of job culture. A typical day of work is working independently with daily tasks to complete. The concept of micro-management does not exist which invites you to use your own judgement when it comes to making decisions.
Long Hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
Work day- 11-12 hour shifts
Uniforms are provided
Benefits are comprehensive
Management recognizes staff and appreciate them
Heavy labour, lots of walking
Pay does not match the job requirements and the amount of work needed to complete orders.
Pros
Benefits and work environment
Cons
rate of pay for work required, long hours
highly recommend
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
The Calgary branch has been a great place to work. The morning manager is fantastic and takes time to listen and empathize with both work and life struggles.

Co-workers while rough around the edges will go out of their way to give you a hand.

Job can be both physically and mentally demanding but you leave each day with a sense of accomplishment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers. From my experience, the customers you service appreciate the work you are providing and take the time to learn your name.
Pros
keeping fit while having fun
Cons
used to have a better bonus structure
Best Company I've ever worked for!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 August 2016
Shred-it was definitely the best company I ever worked for.
The environment was so positive and upbeat.
It is always intimidating starting a new position, the team there made me feel at home in no time at all. Everyone got along from all departments which was nice to see.
The opportunities to grow within the company are endless, I would highly recommend anyone to work for Shred-it.
Pros
Team Lunch, Team Events, Day Shift, Weekends off, Excellent Manager, Positive team environment
Grass is not greener on the other side
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 August 2016
Recently left Shred-it for a higher salary paying position and I'm sincerely regretting it. Loved my job at Shred-it but I wasn't patient enough to wait for a promotion. Wish I would have waited. The environment in the office was fun, everyone got along, breakfast & lunches together, team events and met some of my closest friends there.

I would strongly recommend working/applying at the Cambridge location as I learned so much about sales, business objectives, time management and the discipline required to prospecting.
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 August 2016
I am currently an Inside Sales Executive in the Cambridge Branch. This is the first Inside sales job I have had, but the management team has made my transition from retail to inside sales super easy. In the 4 months I have worked for Shred-It I have seen 3 of my peers promoted into new roles created and the team atmosphere is a fun and happy one. The management team also knows the difference between personal and business life which is different from previous jobs I've had in the past.
Pros
Good Pay, 9-5 hours, Great Management, Great Staff, Fun Atmosphere, Great Perks
Cons
Na
Fantastic management that teaches you
Sales & Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 June 2016
Outstanding management that educates and provides you ample opportunity to grow and learn. Having a personable VP of Sales/Ops makes work enjoyable and fosters growth.
Pros
Great VP of Sales/Ops
Cons
No perks
don't even bother...
CSR/Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2016
I could list all the things wrong with this company but they just don't care. Just don't even bother applying/working for this company or using their service.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
too much too list
Among the best
SAP Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2016
For the most part, work is well divided and you know your responsibilities. There is minimal interference and very high levels of motivation.
Productive, Fast paced
CSR - D/Z Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 April 2016
I would Pre-trip my truck,
Make sure I have what I needed to do the job for the day.
Go to customers and pick up any paper that needed shredding. Talk to customers about the service.
Travelled to Guelph, Mississauga, London. Various routes.
Get back to shop at end of day, do a post-trip and then unload papers and documents that needed shredding.
Finish paperwork
inside sales exec 2013
inside sales exec (Former Employee) –  Cambridge Ontario18 February 2016
Team work was NOT a part of office morale in Cambridge. Breaking people down, stealing accounts and cheating was more the style that was preferred! I would never recommend this.company to anyone. GO TO THE COMPETITION!!!! They are cheaper, more.secure and treat the employees fair!
The small tight cubicles sucked, the heat barely worked, I brought in my fireplace and left it when I quit so other people wouldn't be cold and I had the most uncomfortable chair, I ended up going and buying my own because they were too cheap to supply one that was actually correct for my Posture! yes, a very CHEAP company with no care for the worker indeed!!!
Pros
straight days, decent money
Cons
worked every community shred day not by choice, Management at the top was a dink, favouritism for employees was definitely shown by dink top manager, several large accounts were lost due to negligence, neglect and employee carelessness in other said branch.
Treats you like family
Contact Center Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 January 2016
This company is overall a great company to work for. The staff and management are extremely nice and welcoming. The wages and benefits are up to my standards for to help my family.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Long days
productive and fun
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2015
Cintas was bought out by Shred-it and it continued to be a great environment to work for with the company treating all employees the same from the employees in the plant to the upper management
Pros
spirit day at beginning of summer and lunch provided various times during the year
Cons
hours are regular
Great place to work at, and the staff is supportive and great management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 September 2015
Its a great place to work at; the management team is very supportive and there is a potential to grow and advancement from what the other staff has told me. A lot of my co-workers have only said great things about the quality and work life balance at Shred-it.
worst working conditions ever
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 September 2015
-Supervisor is extremely rude, angry all the time and favors his countrymen.
-You can NOT sit down and rest for five seconds. "If you sit down you will be fired'
-Boring job.
-Unhealthy work environment.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Long hours, lifting all day long, unprofessional supervisor
horrible place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Oakville17 August 2015
Horrible place to work! Definitely overworked employees!! Everyone is miserable and the day never ends. 8 to 5 is just too long. Not managed well and the front desk never answers the phone, all the calls get dropped or end up in customer service or customers hang up and probably go to the competition. Thank goodness I am no longer there!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shred-It. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8