Showcase

Showcase Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, but not a full time solution.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Employee perks
Cons: Lack of hours
Management is excellent and goes above and beyond where possible. There is monthly performance reviews from management to employee as well as employee to management feedback.

Hours are limited due to the slow season. This is an unfortunate circumstance of the job.

I have developed my sales techniques and have improved greatly on my customer relations skills. I highly enjoy this type of work.

I enjoy learning about new products and assisting customers with all their product concerns to ensure a satisfied customer leaves the store. I also like to ensure the customer is aware for how to operate/use what they buy so they have no issues after leaving the store.

The hardest part of the day is the slow times where there is no traffic in the store. Time however is well spent improving my knowledge base of products as well as general cleaning.

This is a minimum wage job with part time hours, perfect for a student actively in a post secondary program.
Fun and easygoing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 1800 Sheppard Ave EApril 22, 2015
• Greeted all customers
• Maintained a clean, safe and organized environment
• Assisted customers with what they were looking for
• Provided answers to questions and demonstrated products to customers
• Created awareness of new products to customers
• The environment between coworkers was more family-like as opposed to just coworkers
• The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to try out new products first hand and then introduce them to customers
• The hardest part of the job was dealing with a great volume of customers during christmas season and making sure everyone was taken care of
Slow paced relaxed environment
Customer service (Former Employee), CoquitlamApril 11, 2015
A typical retail workplace. Employees and staff were good to be around. Hours were flexible and relaxed. overall an alright place.
A wonderfull enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Showcase. All of the staff are amazing, they all made a positive impact on my life and they taught me so much.
Fun place to work
Store manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Fun place to work if you enjoy the newest hottest rends, fast paced environment, fun customer interaction. fun team monthly sales incentives.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rocky View ABDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed working here. It was always a good time at work. My coworkers were always happy and helped you whenever you needed something.
Had a great manager did not have a great head office!
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed the time that i worked there but now onto bigger and better things! Head office is very unorganized never got vacation pay or anything like that on time.
Fun place to work with good team environment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 25, 2014
A typical day at Showcase includes coming into the store and immediately checking my work related messages and tasks. Throughout my shifts at Showcase, I greet each customer and offer assistance in their shopping. I am constantly aware of the current promotions and upsales that the store is offering, and modify my sales techniques to provide the customer with the best experience possible. During downtime, I face and clean the store while also organizing the back room.

This job has allowed me to develop confidence in approaching strangers. Further, I have refined my merchandising skills during my employment.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with down time. As the sole employee on the night shift, there are often lulls in the influx of customers, thus providing me opportunity to find new ways to be productive.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working as a team with the management and my co-workers to achieve the store directed goals.
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: located in mall
Cons: long hours
Showcase was basically my first job ever!
Great environment, amazing staff and GM.

I wouldn't say my job was hard because you were talking to people everyday. I pretty much grew my confidence in showcase due to talking to people everyday. There were duties that had to be done and all you had to do was do them but other than that Showcase was a great workplace and very easy to adapt in. I enjoyed talking to people, meeting and learning new things from coworkers.
Things changed at showcase
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Northland VillageJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible breaks, quiet
Cons: rude manager, constant drama, slow, small mall
Previous manager was setting me up to become manager after christmas because she was moving, but she got promoted. With her promotion she was no longer manager of the store during christmas, so a lady was hired and came to train as a manager to eventually move to another location after christmas. After Christmas I was suppose to be promoted to become manager at my location while the lady went to another, but instead she was promoted and is asked to stay at our location. There was a lot of friction between the lady training to be manager and I, and it started effecting me outside of work.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 2, 2014
Was a fun place to work at. Learned many new things and improved my customer service. Also learned how to close the store by myself.
Great location.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OnNovember 15, 2013
One of the best managers I ever worked with. Always challenging learning new products.
Many interesting products and gadgets. Great sales experience gained .
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 6, 2013
Pros: close to home and wonderful co workers
I had very busy days at work.
I have learned customer service,sales,inventory,warranties,and company tagets.
I got along well with the management team both in store and at head ofice.
I also worked in other locations when I was needed.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJune 22, 2013
Pros: great enviroment, awesome discount on items
Cons: very repetitive
typical day consists of greeting the customers and handling stock

learned strong customer support skills

management was horrible was always slacking off with friends inside of the store or talking to friends on the phone from other stores.very immature

co-workers were fun and very enjoyable

nothing was hard, very straightforward job

most enjoyable part was showing off the products to customers/being able to play with toys and get paid to do it
fun interactive company
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Seven Oaks Mall...Abbotsford, BCMay 10, 2013
Pros: discount on product
Cons: not enough money
I love working with the customers....like the people I work with...get along well with everyone...the hardest part of my job is not having enough hours..
Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2013
Cons: almost everything
A typical day at Showcase was never ending. There was no ending to all the things that needed doing, and seemingly no one willing to do it. The management switched four times in my time there alone. There was little warning about the switch, and job security was abysmal. The co-workers were decent, but the entire thing was almost not worth it. On the other hand, I learned a great deal about balancing cash registers, Excel spreadsheets, processing paper-work, and other administrative work.
Laid back and easy going workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 11, 2013
Pros: positive environment, good hours, laid back job
Cons: short shifts
A typical day at work consists of constantly greeting customers as they come into the store, asking customers if they need any assistance, replenishing display stock, and depending on the shift follow opening and closing store procedures. I learned how to provide outstanding customer service as well as sales tactics. Good management, always trying to help out employees when they need assistance. The most enjoyable part of the day is to constantly be on my feet interacting with others and attending to their every needs.
Employee Flip a lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: salary is decent
Cons: no stable job, you'll be let go within 3 months, terrible scheduling
I was there for only 2 and a half months and they let me go, even though I was told numerous times "I'm not going to lay you off." (Why would she say that?) by the manager.

They really like to hire people for a few months, and just before the probation period is over, fire you, even if you were doing a good job. This way they don't have to provide benefits, ie. pay more money.

Bad company to work for, don't do it.
showcase
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: people are nice.
Cons: can only advance if able to work all weekends
I like it here, my manager is great, and mostly accomodating.
I find the days to drag on sometimes, we have our slow periods and sometimes its difficult to find things to keep yourself occupied.
a fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 23, 2012
Pros: bonous and great discount
Cons: not enough hours at this time
It's always interesting going into work to see what is knew and find out how it works. Demonstrating the merchandise and explaining how some of the merchandise works and ultimatly selling the merchandise to the consumer