Showcase Employee Reviews

Not for me
Point of sales, customer attendee, stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 May 2017
Make promises they cant keep let alone intend to keep. Very unorganized. Treat seasonal help like garbage. And most make a "hit" list of whom they'll fire simply on how they "feel" about a certain individual
review
(Cashier) (Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 May 2017
Great environment, friendly employees, enjoy working at the showcase, all types of ages come to this store, they have all kinds of things at the store
Good environment and people to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 May 2017
Fast pace and great atmosphere. Willing to work with the employee and strives to give great customer service. There is room for growth with different bonuses.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No benefits
Horrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 April 2017
My time there was perfect in the beginning since I had an amazing manager but she got fired because of the superior since products were missing. Products were missing because the shipment we got was always off and incorrect so when the new manager came in, she swept everyone off and hired her own friends to run the store and basically was trying to get rid of us. Forced me, alongside my ex-coworker to quit and find other jobs.
Pros
Free lunches with my old manager (she paid)
Cons
Expected to stay later then paid time
Fun place to work with excellent management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 April 2017
Though it is difficult to satisfy customers, all the employees' emphasis on selling products honestly is refreshing, especially in the business of selling as seen on TV products. Demo work is fun and interactive and ample training is provided to ensure a smooth transition into work.
Pros
Free time is spent demonstrating products
Cons
alone a lot so there isn't much time for a break, slow and old computer system
Maximum effort
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 April 2017
A company that does not know where it's heading. It can be fun if you try hard, but the constant fear of unemployment puts a damper on things. No large products to drive foot traffic into the store. Upper management is blind to what is going on. Sales are down all across the country yet they push metrics that are not achievable in this economic environment. Low pay below the average for any retail store. No raises or cost of living adjustments. Standing alone for 7 to 8 hours without a break (breaking labour laws). Unsafe storage rooms and violation of ministry code. Fire extinguishers haven't been checked in years. Avoid this company
Pros
Staff discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours alone, no benefits, low pay, no support form upper management. Cheap items. Service non existent.
Excellent
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 April 2017
Ce poste est un de mes meilleur poste que j'ai tenue. La gérante du magasin est très accessible ainsi qu'elle est toujours prête a t'aider si t'as besoins de l'aide. Le seul aspect négatif que j'ai a donné est le montant d'heure offert. Oui, comme étudiant ceci m'a bénéficier, mais pas assez financièrement.
low pay, work alone most of the time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  BC19 March 2017
90 staff hours per week including managers 40 so that's 50 employee hours spread out over 7 days/nights. You are working alone most of the time, handling all customers and tasking. Products are many times of poor quality, rushed to market, and you will bear the brunt of customers anger over this. Return policy is very tight which is good and bad. Workload is pretty straight forward and simple, all processes stripped down for ease of execution. The pay is terrible and there is no advancement. Stay a year to get "manager" on your resume and then get out.
Pros
Pretty relaxed, good supervisor
Cons
Working alone, low pay, bizarre crazy low class customers. Very rough and angry folks.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2017
I have learned many good things for showcase like how to improve communication skills with customers what everyone needs. management is good also the staff.
Pros
Good colleague
Cons
Less hours
Relaxed work environment with lots of hands on with products
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2017
A lot of customer interaction, demonstrating use of products, cash handling and store upkeep, a lot of shifts working solo. restocking products, putting away received shipments.
Productive and friendly workplace
Sale's Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 January 2017
I always had something to do when working here, my manager was kind as well as the customers. I learned how to display items and enjoyed my time working here.
not a professional place to work whatsoever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2017
It was a short lived and not so great experience working at showcase, things were not organized, nothing was secure, the boss didn't really seem professional either. I would much rather work somewhere that actually gave me confidence that my job was secure. I found that I got yelled at for silly things such as the lack of refunds we offer on the daily and it was not worth it.
Pros
Nice people to work with, boss bought food sometimes, very chill place to work
Cons
Work alone for 8 hours (no break), unprofessional, constant screw ups, boss would talk smack behind backs
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
typical day at work is greeting customers, making sure the store is clean and neat, did all the tasks head office mails to your branch. you can also try out products like hoverboards.
Pros
35% discount
Cons
barely any hours unless you apply in winter season
great people
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 January 2017
Unfortunately my position at showcase was not very long as it was only a seasonal position. I loved the people that I worked with and of course the customers were my favorite part. I really enjoyed my experience in the retail industry.
Fun, playful, outgoing
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC14 December 2016
Always new interesting things coming in and out of Showcase. You usually get to test and try everything! Overall head management is very nice and willing to listen to any complaints or ideas.
Pros
Fun, trying things, awesome people at head office
Cons
Nothing really...
As seen on T.V.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC12 December 2016
The store sells lots of different things: useful things, odd things, cute things, junk, etc. that are all seen on T.V. On a typical day I would fly the helicopter around while talking to customers as well as
demonstrate how other things work. I also had to familiarize myself with the store so that I could help the customers
fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 October 2016
typical day at work was talking to wide assortment of people about the range of items you could find on tv it was a fun experience. i learned to run a register and develop better people skills in that environment
Fun work place with flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB11 October 2016
They were kind and we're understanding of flexibility. Customer friendly and have a nice clean atmosphere. They have trouble communicating with one another and can sometimes be unorganized.
I personally like the job it's self, perhaps management could do better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Store manager lacks team building leadership
fun work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 September 2016
Showcase is a fun place to work as we get to see and test the newest and trendy items from the infomercials. As an employee I find that meeting new people from all different walks of life is the most interesting aspect of my day to day
Pros
meeting people from all cultures
Cons
commute
ok
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2016
needs better management, they need to pay more attention to the little people in the company and not let the the magers have such a power trip on the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showcase. Our community is ready to answer.