Showcase Employee Reviews

Fun work place with flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB11 October 2016
They were kind and we're understanding of flexibility. Customer friendly and have a nice clean atmosphere. They have trouble communicating with one another and can sometimes be unorganized.
I personally like the job it's self, perhaps management could do better.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Store manager lacks team building leadership
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  London19 May 2016
So far working for showcase has been a pleasure, I have learned much about working in the retail industry and using a P.O.S cash register as well as marketing and sales. My co-workers that I have met so far are good people, and I have no problems working efficiently with any of them. Management is run pretty well, however they lack consistency in scheduling (changing already booked shifts) and could be more organized. Overall showcase is a great company to work for, and the hardest part of the job would be that it isnt always stimulating enough, I prefer to take on challenges rather than something I know I can easily do, to keep me interested.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Not enough hours
fun work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 September 2016
Showcase is a fun place to work as we get to see and test the newest and trendy items from the infomercials. As an employee I find that meeting new people from all different walks of life is the most interesting aspect of my day to day
Pros
meeting people from all cultures
Cons
commute
Great Setting, Relaxed environment.
Retail/Products expert (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON25 March 2016
A typical day at work was very pleasant, with a management that was caring, helpful, and articulate in instruction. This was my first job using a cash register or P.O.S. system and they did a very good job of getting me familiar with sales etiquette. The only hard parts of the job were the low foot traffic resulting in some pretty slow days, and the occasional rough customer who was upset with our return policies. My fellow staff were lovely, helpful and created an aura of family,with the entire experience of working in retail being positive and helping me to come out of my shell when working with the public.
Pros
Good hours, Friendly fellow staff, Well managed.
Cons
Slow foot traffic in not enough to do resulted in the day seeming very long.
ok
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2016
needs better management, they need to pay more attention to the little people in the company and not let the the magers have such a power trip on the employees.
Interactive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 July 2016
Loved the staff and management within the store. It is a very fun place to work, doing demos and having neat new products.
Pros
Interactive, Demos, Fun
Cons
Lack of Hours
Good Starter Job, nothing more.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2015
I spent a couple years with Showcase. It had its ups and downs. Don't stay longer than 2 years. Max.

Pros:

I had the benefit of working with one of the best manager, and assistant manager in the company. I can't speak highly enough of them. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Balancing work & school was simple.

Job isn't difficult.

35 percent discount.

Cons:

No chance of advancement. Showcase doesn't promote within the company.

The job is thankless. The returns policy is nothing short of confusing for the customers, which usually ended in them yelling at me. If I satsify the customer's problem, I get yelled at by upper management. It drains on you after a while.

You're constantly under surveillance by your district manager. The cameras in the store are less to do with safety, and more to do with productivity. DMs can-and do-access the camera feeds to see what you're doing.

Boredom is a big issue. You'll usually work alone-except during Christmas season. It gets to be incredibly dull.

Turnover is a big problem, especially if you have a difficult manager who plays favourites. It does happen.
Pros
Easy Going Atmosphere
Cons
No Advancement Possibilities
Currently here, just want to expand my work experience.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 June 2016
It was great working here in the beginning, then my manager quit and I was guaranteed the manager position since I was the assistant manager. My district manager never gave me a chance to prove myself and has the manager from the other location in the city to "manage" us until there's a new manager. Plus my hours got cut in half, which I cannot life off with.
Pros
35% discount, hours are okay
Cons
District manager doesn't understand what it's like to work in an actual store.
Enjoyable and fun workplace
Sales Associate Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2016
This was my first job and i found it enjoyable. I adapted quick to the job and learned how to make a good sales pitch in hopes the customer would buy the product. Overall it was great first job because i was given the opportunity to work with great co-workers and learned many sale methods
Pros
Working in a mall
Cons
Sometimes it was a wasteland
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2016
it was a great place to work. my co-workers were wonderful. but there was a lack of communication, training, balance of life and work. i enjoy working and connecting with people.
Pros
location
Cons
available hours and communication
High expectations with little investment on they're people
District Manager / Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 October 2015
Showcase can be fun to work for, however, the upper management lives in they're own reality.

They have high expectations while pay is very very low. They set targets based not on what the market is telling them, but what they think is appropriate. Knowing full well that certain targets just cannot be met.
They pull bonuses for small mistakes, and at times when they themselves made the mistake they still hold the bonus unless you can prove they made a mistake.
Pros
Constant shifting of products, keeps things interesting
Cons
No accountability @ HO. All accountability is on the associates
Left in the dark
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 June 2016
I never had any formal training so I needed to know how to work the till already and learn different policies as I went along.
Pros
Easy, relaxing
Cons
No hours
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 May 2016
when I worked at showcase in Belleville it taught me a lot about work, what retail consisted of. It was fun learning about new products which allowed me to coach new members when I worked at the Sault Ste Marie location
Pros
First Job
Cons
customers
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2016
Very flexible with the hours of working. Really enjoyed inputting my skills into this workplace to help drive up the sales.
Productive workplace, amazing management team
sales representative (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 January 2016
A great work environment, management is awesome, possibly my favorite place to work. Most of the job is focused around meeting customer needs and keeping the store in good working order.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No Commission
Great for retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2016
It was a fun job. Management was very flexible and were great leaders. The sales targets were attainable but there was a large focus on them.
Fun place to work with good team environment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 June 2014
A typical day at Showcase includes coming into the store and immediately checking my work related messages and tasks. Throughout my shifts at Showcase, I greet each customer and offer assistance in their shopping. I am constantly aware of the current promotions and upsales that the store is offering, and modify my sales techniques to provide the customer with the best experience possible. During downtime, I face and clean the store while also organizing the back room.

This job has allowed me to develop confidence in approaching strangers. Further, I have refined my merchandising skills during my employment.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with down time. As the sole employee on the night shift, there are often lulls in the influx of customers, thus providing me opportunity to find new ways to be productive.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working as a team with the management and my co-workers to achieve the store directed goals.
Working at Showcase
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK10 February 2016
I learned alot about different types of product we had, because we carried all different types of product, I always was learning something new everyday. The hardest thing about this job was our return policy, had alot of angry customers because we only did in store credit, but I learned how to deal with customers with our return policy.
Pros
New knowledge everyday
Cons
Losing Hours
Educational and Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2016
I enjoy working at showcase very much because i get familiarized with the latest trends and products. I am able to help customers with their needs and wants, which i enjoy a lot.
Pros
Great job
Cons
not enough hours
fun workplace
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 March 2016
the work at showcase was great i enjoyed interacting with new customers and learning new things about customer service, i also enjoyed learning how to handle the till and closing after day shifts
Pros
commission off certain products
Cons
bi weekly pay