Showcase Employee Reviews in Canada

Great Setting, Relaxed environment.
Retail/Products expert (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 25, 2016
A typical day at work was very pleasant, with a management that was caring, helpful, and articulate in instruction. This was my first job using a cash register or P.O.S. system and they did a very good job of getting me familiar with sales etiquette. The only hard parts of the job were the low foot traffic resulting in some pretty slow days, and the occasional rough customer who was upset with our return policies. My fellow staff were lovely, helpful and created an aura of family,with the entire experience of working in retail being positive and helping me to come out of my shell when working with the public.
Pros
Good hours, Friendly fellow staff, Well managed.
Cons
Slow foot traffic in not enough to do resulted in the day seeming very long.
Working at Showcase
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 10, 2016
I learned alot about different types of product we had, because we carried all different types of product, I always was learning something new everyday. The hardest thing about this job was our return policy, had alot of angry customers because we only did in store credit, but I learned how to deal with customers with our return policy.
Pros
New knowledge everyday
Cons
Losing Hours
fun workplace
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 2, 2016
the work at showcase was great i enjoyed interacting with new customers and learning new things about customer service, i also enjoyed learning how to handle the till and closing after day shifts
Pros
commission off certain products
Cons
bi weekly pay
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 23, 2016
it was a great place to work. my co-workers were wonderful. but there was a lack of communication, training, balance of life and work. i enjoy working and connecting with people.
Pros
location
Cons
available hours and communication
retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 4, 2016
when I worked at showcase in Belleville it taught me a lot about work, what retail consisted of. It was fun learning about new products which allowed me to coach new members when I worked at the Sault Ste Marie location
Pros
First Job
Cons
customers
Productive workplace, amazing management team
sales representative (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2016
A great work environment, management is awesome, possibly my favorite place to work. Most of the job is focused around meeting customer needs and keeping the store in good working order.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No Commission
Educational and Fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy working at showcase very much because i get familiarized with the latest trends and products. I am able to help customers with their needs and wants, which i enjoy a lot.
Pros
Great job
Cons
not enough hours
High expectations with little investment on they're people
District Manager / Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 18, 2015
Showcase can be fun to work for, however, the upper management lives in they're own reality.

They have high expectations while pay is very very low. They set targets based not on what the market is telling them, but what they think is appropriate. Knowing full well that certain targets just cannot be met.
They pull bonuses for small mistakes, and at times when they themselves made the mistake they still hold the bonus unless you can prove they made a mistake.
Pros
Constant shifting of products, keeps things interesting
Cons
No accountability @ HO. All accountability is on the associates
Great for retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 17, 2016
It was a fun job. Management was very flexible and were great leaders. The sales targets were attainable but there was a large focus on them.
Enjoyed the variety of items that come into the store, which allowed us test and promote.
f/t sales associate/cashier/key holder/retail (Former Employee) –  Mark, SCTJuly 24, 2015
Enter the store, start off with counting the till and opening up the sales program. Then I walk around and check the shelves to make sure all items are stocked and prices are correct. Finally, I would open the store doors and await customers. If I were to close, it would somewhat a reverse process. I would close the store doors, restock the shelves for the morning shift. Turn off the lights and continue into closing procedures.
Pros
Receive discount on items. Get to test new products
Cons
Horrible Management
A great introductory setting for retail.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  PeterboroughSeptember 17, 2015
Standard retail setting comprised of "As Seen on TV" products. In-depth product knowledge is important as is promoting warranties and at the till add on items. The corporate members are not great but that's standard in business.
Good Starter Job, nothing more.
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 10, 2015
I spent a couple years with Showcase. It had its ups and downs. Don't stay longer than 2 years. Max.

Pros:

I had the benefit of working with one of the best manager, and assistant manager in the company. I can't speak highly enough of them. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Balancing work & school was simple.

Job isn't difficult.

35 percent discount.

Cons:

No chance of advancement. Showcase doesn't promote within the company.

The job is thankless. The returns policy is nothing short of confusing for the customers, which usually ended in them yelling at me. If I satsify the customer's problem, I get yelled at by upper management. It drains on you after a while.

You're constantly under surveillance by your district manager. The cameras in the store are less to do with safety, and more to do with productivity. DMs can-and do-access the camera feeds to see what you're doing.

Boredom is a big issue. You'll usually work alone-except during Christmas season. It gets to be incredibly dull.

Turnover is a big problem, especially if you have a difficult manager who plays favourites. It does happen.
Pros
Easy Going Atmosphere
Cons
No Advancement Possibilities
Fun and easygoing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  1800 Sheppard Ave EApril 22, 2015
• Greeted all customers
• Maintained a clean, safe and organized environment
• Assisted customers with what they were looking for
• Provided answers to questions and demonstrated products to customers
• Created awareness of new products to customers
• The environment between coworkers was more family-like as opposed to just coworkers
• The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to try out new products first hand and then introduce them to customers
• The hardest part of the job was dealing with a great volume of customers during christmas season and making sure everyone was taken care of
Great place to work, but not a full time solution.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 27, 2015
Management is excellent and goes above and beyond where possible. There is monthly performance reviews from management to employee as well as employee to management feedback.

Hours are limited due to the slow season. This is an unfortunate circumstance of the job.

I have developed my sales techniques and have improved greatly on my customer relations skills. I highly enjoy this type of work.

I enjoy learning about new products and assisting customers with all their product concerns to ensure a satisfied customer leaves the store. I also like to ensure the customer is aware for how to operate/use what they buy so they have no issues after leaving the store.

The hardest part of the day is the slow times where there is no traffic in the store. Time however is well spent improving my knowledge base of products as well as general cleaning.

This is a minimum wage job with part time hours, perfect for a student actively in a post secondary program.
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Lack of hours
Slow paced relaxed environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  CoquitlamApril 11, 2015
A typical retail workplace. Employees and staff were good to be around. Hours were flexible and relaxed. overall an alright place.
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2014
Showcase was basically my first job ever!
Great environment, amazing staff and GM.

I wouldn't say my job was hard because you were talking to people everyday. I pretty much grew my confidence in showcase due to talking to people everyday. There were duties that had to be done and all you had to do was do them but other than that Showcase was a great workplace and very easy to adapt in. I enjoyed talking to people, meeting and learning new things from coworkers.
Pros
located in mall
Things changed at showcase
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Northland VillageJanuary 6, 2014
Previous manager was setting me up to become manager after christmas because she was moving, but she got promoted. With her promotion she was no longer manager of the store during christmas, so a lady was hired and came to train as a manager to eventually move to another location after christmas. After Christmas I was suppose to be promoted to become manager at my location while the lady went to another, but instead she was promoted and is asked to stay at our location. There was a lot of friction between the lady training to be manager and I, and it started effecting me outside of work.
Pros
flexible breaks, quiet
Cons
rude manager, constant drama, slow, small mall
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 22, 2013
typical day consists of greeting the customers and handling stock

learned strong customer support skills

management was horrible was always slacking off with friends inside of the store or talking to friends on the phone from other stores.very immature

co-workers were fun and very enjoyable

nothing was hard, very straightforward job

most enjoyable part was showing off the products to customers/being able to play with toys and get paid to do it
Pros
great enviroment, awesome discount on items
Cons
very repetitive
Employee Flip a lot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 14, 2013
I was there for only 2 and a half months and they let me go, even though I was told numerous times "I'm not going to lay you off." (Why would she say that?) by the manager.

They really like to hire people for a few months, and just before the probation period is over, fire you, even if you were doing a good job. This way they don't have to provide benefits, ie. pay more money.

Bad company to work for, don't do it.
Pros
salary is decent
Cons
no stable job, you'll be let go within 3 months, terrible scheduling
Laid back and easy going workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TorontoMarch 11, 2013
A typical day at work consists of constantly greeting customers as they come into the store, asking customers if they need any assistance, replenishing display stock, and depending on the shift follow opening and closing store procedures. I learned how to provide outstanding customer service as well as sales tactics. Good management, always trying to help out employees when they need assistance. The most enjoyable part of the day is to constantly be on my feet interacting with others and attending to their every needs.
Pros
positive environment, good hours, laid back job
Cons
short shifts