Showcase Employee Reviews

Upbeat. fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2017
Show case was a wonderful work environment, there is never a dull moment and constantly has you on your feet. With high foot traffic there is always a customer or two inside the store. The hardest part of the job is staying up to date with the sales and promos as there is constantly new and old stock coming and going.
Pros
Upbeat environment
Cons
Showcase is a great job.
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 August 2017
I loved working there. It was a great time working with customers helping them to find the right product which they are looking for. Also, working as a cashier was quite interesting. The atmosphere was extremely friendly. My co-workers were very helpful.
Enthusiastic environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 August 2017
I love working at Showcase; managment is good, my coworkers inspire me to work hard and it is overall an enthusiastic environment. Working at Showcase, I discovered that I thoroughly enjoy testing most of the products and demonstrating them for customers. A typical day at work for me would be organizing shelves, working the cash register, doing product demonstrations for customers, cleaning up, and learning about the products on my free time. The hardest part of my job is telling customers that our store does not do refunds, only exchange and store credit.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No return policy
Showcase in North Bay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON17 August 2017
A fun and relaxed work environment with competitive bonuses for employees willing to go the extra mile. There is always a new product to learn about which keeps the workplace interesting.
A purely numbers driven position with no growth and no future.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
Working at Showcase:

Your monthly performance is based on three key metrics: Extended Service Plan sales (ESPs), Insider sign ups (their loyalty program) and Productivity Per Hour (the average of how much you convince customers to spend each hour). However beyond the promise of a SMALL monthly sales bonus and the threat of losing your job if your store doesn't exceed sales plan (by a minimum of 10% each month) there is no real motivation to hit these three key performance indicators.

As well there is no yearly performance review or annual pay increase with any of the companies positions. (something the hiring manager neglected to tell me until after I was hired and had worked there for almost six months)

The company DOES however offer a 1% cost of living adjustment to those employees who have been with them longer then 12 months (paid out at the beginning of each July)

Expect to spend most days blindly looking into nothingness, with the exception of weekends, most Showcase stores are devoid of customers during the average week. When you are fortunate enough to have a customer to talk to, it will usually involve them screaming at you because of the companies FINAL SALE policy on the majority of the products that they carry.

This is the ONLY retail management position I have EVER had were I was NOT empowered to satisfy my customers. Store Managers for Showcase are there to sell product, schedule staff, run inventory and enforce the companies return policies, nothing more. When a customer gets REALLY UPSET they are directed to e-mail Showcase customer support
  more... who themselves have been instructed by the companies owner (Showcase is privately owned) to enforce the return polices in all maters (except were facing legal ramification)

The only true advantage to working at Showcase is the work/life balance, with most stores being absent of shoppers during the week it is easy to leave on time at the end of each shift. This however also represents a major disadvantage because your productivity per hour is based on total hours you work, so store manages have the highest sales per hour expectations of any staff and are also the first ones to be dismissed when they are unable to meet those expectations.

In the end Showcase is a revolving door for Store Management.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Extremely sales driven, low paying job, High turnover, disorganized upper management.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 June 2017
Only reason why I quit was because I was pregnant and there was only 3 of us at the store so even if i was really sick, he still made me come in.
Otherwise, super fun job. One of the best! If you love as seen on tv stuff, you will love to learn about all the fun products.
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
not enough people working
Great Company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2017
Sales associates were very involved with customers all day everyday!
Great hours and great products! Management is awesome and the job is upbeat and fun!!
fun and interactive
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC31 May 2017
customer service emphazied as number 1 tool for sales and customer participation. customer can see and experience all products at showcase. This a company that offers a fun and interactive experience for customers
Would Never go back
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
Terrible management . no communication. lack of training. wages were low. to much competition not enough customer service. horrible scheduling, and never was willing to work with you.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
it was an amazing work experience. The management was amazing. I never had any issue with the management nor the coworkers. I personally enjoyed working there.
Pros
Na
Pretty normal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
Typical sales associate job. Small stores, friendly coworkers and supportive managers. Have to really sell their insurance, but managers weren't too harsh on not meeting targets.
Not for me
Point of sales, customer attendee, stocker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 May 2017
Make promises they cant keep let alone intend to keep. Very unorganized. Treat seasonal help like garbage. And most make a "hit" list of whom they'll fire simply on how they "feel" about a certain individual
review
(Cashier) (Key Holder) (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 May 2017
Great environment, friendly employees, enjoy working at the showcase, all types of ages come to this store, they have all kinds of things at the store
Good environment and people to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB1 May 2017
Fast pace and great atmosphere. Willing to work with the employee and strives to give great customer service. There is room for growth with different bonuses.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No benefits
Horrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 April 2017
My time there was perfect in the beginning since I had an amazing manager but she got fired because of the superior since products were missing. Products were missing because the shipment we got was always off and incorrect so when the new manager came in, she swept everyone off and hired her own friends to run the store and basically was trying to get rid of us. Forced me, alongside my ex-coworker to quit and find other jobs.
Pros
Free lunches with my old manager (she paid)
Cons
Expected to stay later then paid time
Fun place to work with excellent management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 April 2017
Though it is difficult to satisfy customers, all the employees' emphasis on selling products honestly is refreshing, especially in the business of selling as seen on TV products. Demo work is fun and interactive and ample training is provided to ensure a smooth transition into work.
Pros
Free time is spent demonstrating products
Cons
alone a lot so there isn't much time for a break, slow and old computer system
Maximum effort
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario7 April 2017
A company that does not know where it's heading. It can be fun if you try hard, but the constant fear of unemployment puts a damper on things. No large products to drive foot traffic into the store. Upper management is blind to what is going on. Sales are down all across the country yet they push metrics that are not achievable in this economic environment. Low pay below the average for any retail store. No raises or cost of living adjustments. Standing alone for 7 to 8 hours without a break (breaking labour laws). Unsafe storage rooms and violation of ministry code. Fire extinguishers haven't been checked in years. Avoid this company
Pros
Staff discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours alone, no benefits, low pay, no support form upper management. Cheap items. Service non existent.
Excellent
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 April 2017
Ce poste est un de mes meilleur poste que j'ai tenue. La gérante du magasin est très accessible ainsi qu'elle est toujours prête a t'aider si t'as besoins de l'aide. Le seul aspect négatif que j'ai a donné est le montant d'heure offert. Oui, comme étudiant ceci m'a bénéficier, mais pas assez financièrement.
low pay, work alone most of the time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  BC19 March 2017
90 staff hours per week including managers 40 so that's 50 employee hours spread out over 7 days/nights. You are working alone most of the time, handling all customers and tasking. Products are many times of poor quality, rushed to market, and you will bear the brunt of customers anger over this. Return policy is very tight which is good and bad. Workload is pretty straight forward and simple, all processes stripped down for ease of execution. The pay is terrible and there is no advancement. Stay a year to get "manager" on your resume and then get out.
Pros
Pretty relaxed, good supervisor
Cons
Working alone, low pay, bizarre crazy low class customers. Very rough and angry folks.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2017
I have learned many good things for showcase like how to improve communication skills with customers what everyone needs. management is good also the staff.
Pros
Good colleague
Cons
Less hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Showcase. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval