Showcase Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great for retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 17, 2016
It was a fun job. Management was very flexible and were great leaders. The sales targets were attainable but there was a large focus on them.
Productive workplace, amazing management team
sales representative (seasonal) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great Management
Cons: No Commission
A great work environment, management is awesome, possibly my favorite place to work. Most of the job is focused around meeting customer needs and keeping the store in good working order.
Good Starter Job, nothing more.
Keyholder (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Easy Going Atmosphere
Cons: No Advancement Possibilities
I spent a couple years with Showcase. It had its ups and downs. Don't stay longer than 2 years. Max.

Pros:

I had the benefit of working with one of the best manager, and assistant manager in the company. I can't speak highly enough of them. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Balancing work & school was simple.

Job isn't difficult.

35 percent discount.

Cons:

No chance of advancement. Showcase doesn't promote within the company.

The job is thankless. The returns policy is nothing short of confusing for the customers, which usually ended in them yelling at me. If I satsify the customer's problem, I get yelled at by upper management. It drains on you after a while.

You're constantly under surveillance by your district manager. The cameras in the store are less to do with safety, and more to do with productivity. DMs can-and do-access the camera feeds to see what you're doing.

Boredom is a big issue. You'll usually work alone-except during Christmas season. It gets to be incredibly dull.

Turnover is a big problem, especially if you have a difficult manager who plays favourites. It does happen.
High expectations with little investment on they're people
District Manager / Retail Store Manager (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Constant shifting of products, keeps things interesting
Cons: No accountability @ HO. All accountability is on the associates
Showcase can be fun to work for, however, the upper management lives in they're own reality.

They have high expectations while pay is very very low. They set targets based not on what the market is telling them, but what they think is appropriate. Knowing full well that certain targets just cannot be met.
They pull bonuses for small mistakes, and at times when they themselves made the mistake they still hold the bonus unless you can prove they made a mistake.
A great introductory setting for retail.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), PeterboroughSeptember 17, 2015
Standard retail setting comprised of "As Seen on TV" products. In-depth product knowledge is important as is promoting warranties and at the till add on items. The corporate members are not great but that's standard in business.
Enjoyed the variety of items that come into the store, which allowed us test and promote.
f/t sales associate/cashier/key holder/retail (Former Employee), Mark, SCTJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Receive discount on items. Get to test new products
Cons: Horrible Management
Enter the store, start off with counting the till and opening up the sales program. Then I walk around and check the shelves to make sure all items are stocked and prices are correct. Finally, I would open the store doors and await customers. If I were to close, it would somewhat a reverse process. I would close the store doors, restock the shelves for the morning shift. Turn off the lights and continue into closing procedures.
Great place to work, but not a full time solution.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Employee perks
Cons: Lack of hours
Management is excellent and goes above and beyond where possible. There is monthly performance reviews from management to employee as well as employee to management feedback.

Hours are limited due to the slow season. This is an unfortunate circumstance of the job.

I have developed my sales techniques and have improved greatly on my customer relations skills. I highly enjoy this type of work.

I enjoy learning about new products and assisting customers with all their product concerns to ensure a satisfied customer leaves the store. I also like to ensure the customer is aware for how to operate/use what they buy so they have no issues after leaving the store.

The hardest part of the day is the slow times where there is no traffic in the store. Time however is well spent improving my knowledge base of products as well as general cleaning.

This is a minimum wage job with part time hours, perfect for a student actively in a post secondary program.
Fun and easygoing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 1800 Sheppard Ave EApril 22, 2015
• Greeted all customers
• Maintained a clean, safe and organized environment
• Assisted customers with what they were looking for
• Provided answers to questions and demonstrated products to customers
• Created awareness of new products to customers
• The environment between coworkers was more family-like as opposed to just coworkers
• The most enjoyable aspect of the job was being able to try out new products first hand and then introduce them to customers
• The hardest part of the job was dealing with a great volume of customers during christmas season and making sure everyone was taken care of
Slow paced relaxed environment
Customer service (Former Employee), CoquitlamApril 11, 2015
A typical retail workplace. Employees and staff were good to be around. Hours were flexible and relaxed. overall an alright place.
A wonderfull enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 17, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Showcase. All of the staff are amazing, they all made a positive impact on my life and they taught me so much.
Fun place to work
Store manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Fun place to work if you enjoy the newest hottest rends, fast paced environment, fun customer interaction. fun team monthly sales incentives.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rocky View ABDecember 30, 2014
I enjoyed working here. It was always a good time at work. My coworkers were always happy and helped you whenever you needed something.
Had a great manager did not have a great head office!
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCDecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed the time that i worked there but now onto bigger and better things! Head office is very unorganized never got vacation pay or anything like that on time.
Fun place to work with good team environment
Key Holder (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 25, 2014
A typical day at Showcase includes coming into the store and immediately checking my work related messages and tasks. Throughout my shifts at Showcase, I greet each customer and offer assistance in their shopping. I am constantly aware of the current promotions and upsales that the store is offering, and modify my sales techniques to provide the customer with the best experience possible. During downtime, I face and clean the store while also organizing the back room.

This job has allowed me to develop confidence in approaching strangers. Further, I have refined my merchandising skills during my employment.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with down time. As the sole employee on the night shift, there are often lulls in the influx of customers, thus providing me opportunity to find new ways to be productive.

The most enjoyable part of this job is working as a team with the management and my co-workers to achieve the store directed goals.
great workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: located in mall
Cons: long hours
Showcase was basically my first job ever!
Great environment, amazing staff and GM.

I wouldn't say my job was hard because you were talking to people everyday. I pretty much grew my confidence in showcase due to talking to people everyday. There were duties that had to be done and all you had to do was do them but other than that Showcase was a great workplace and very easy to adapt in. I enjoyed talking to people, meeting and learning new things from coworkers.
Things changed at showcase
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Northland VillageJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible breaks, quiet
Cons: rude manager, constant drama, slow, small mall
Previous manager was setting me up to become manager after christmas because she was moving, but she got promoted. With her promotion she was no longer manager of the store during christmas, so a lady was hired and came to train as a manager to eventually move to another location after christmas. After Christmas I was suppose to be promoted to become manager at my location while the lady went to another, but instead she was promoted and is asked to stay at our location. There was a lot of friction between the lady training to be manager and I, and it started effecting me outside of work.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 2, 2014
Was a fun place to work at. Learned many new things and improved my customer service. Also learned how to close the store by myself.
Great location.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OnNovember 15, 2013
One of the best managers I ever worked with. Always challenging learning new products.
Many interesting products and gadgets. Great sales experience gained .
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 6, 2013
Pros: close to home and wonderful co workers
I had very busy days at work.
I have learned customer service,sales,inventory,warranties,and company tagets.
I got along well with the management team both in store and at head ofice.
I also worked in other locations when I was needed.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJune 22, 2013
Pros: great enviroment, awesome discount on items
Cons: very repetitive
typical day consists of greeting the customers and handling stock

learned strong customer support skills

management was horrible was always slacking off with friends inside of the store or talking to friends on the phone from other stores.very immature

co-workers were fun and very enjoyable

nothing was hard, very straightforward job

most enjoyable part was showing off the products to customers/being able to play with toys and get paid to do it