Shoppers Home Health Care Employee Reviews in Canada

diverse culture with fun environment throughout the company
Shipping/Receiving/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2016
I found that everybody at the workplace work toward the same goals which was the success of the company.my co-workers were so friendly and management team understood the employees values and always tried to solved any problem with an amicable solution.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
rewarding dealing with staff and customers
Services Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
While with Shoppers i found it very rewarding dealing one on one with the customer and the employee's, learning of their challenges and giving mentoring suggestions to improve the employee strengths.
As well learning of the customer concerns and dealing with the customer to resolve their concern.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
A great job with many perks .
Mobility Service Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 18, 2016
Turning on a mobile app to determine my run sheet for the day. This made going paperless more efficient and was quickly learned. Going out into the community to service or repair high end mobility equipment. At times, bringing equipment into the shop for in depth repair work.Communicating with co-workers and management any client concerns or health and safety issues. The most difficult part of the job was after hours where problem solving was key without the benefit of business hours resources. The best part of the job was meeting and interacting with interesting people and being offered the most up to date technical courses at the company's expense. We would all also involve ourselves in the odd pot-luck lunch here and there . Over all , this was a great 15 year experience that I will always find invaluable.
Pros
In house courses and tutorials
Cons
The on call emegency pager
Great place to work , wonderful coworkers and great culture
STORE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMarch 1, 2016
Excellent work environment, great people and learning experience. Middle management cares , fast past environment . The best part of work here is the service we provide to our clients in need of rehab equipment
Pros
great work environment and people
Cons
Parent company close the rehab hubs
Working with the elderly and handy cap
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 11, 2016
I received a lot of satisfaction working with the people of the long term care facilities and the individuals of the community. I would deliver equipment and evaluate and fix power and manual equipment. It was fulfilling knowing that once I left the clients that I worked for was able to get on with there daily activities once I was able to correct any and all issues with there equipment. Each week that I returned many people would thank me or ask for help which I enjoyed.
Pros
Satisfaction on peoples faces
Cons
Not being able to complete or fix all equipment due to parts being damaged, and then having to wait to recieve the new part
.Co workers were more like a second family,all workers had the same dedication to customer satisfaction.
Driver & Distribution (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
is a very enjoyable place to work,has a very family style atmosphere.the day consisted of checking the drivers off after there shift,verifying equipment picked up. Management was caring/understanding people and the same as the co workers,the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the shift,the most enjoyable part of the job was the start of the shift.
Pros
barbecues in the summer, 50/50 draws
self-fulfilling somehow you've been a help for others.
Evaluation Builder/Picker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 24, 2016
my co-workers were good and fun to be with. it's time schedule were good and flexible. processing order for clients who are in need of medical equipment was a great feeling that somehow you lessen the burden they are on.
Productive and Very busy enviroment
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 2, 2015
My over all day at work was as follows. As I get in to the building i would have to turn on all the lights unlock the doors turn on the tv, and go to the front desk where I would do all of my work from while everyone else was on the second floor.
I would answer / direct calls to the right department, as well as maintain my own calls as a service coordinator for the lifts and elevating department. I would take at least 50 calls a day half of them being for my calls.
On top of that I would have to greet clients who are coming in for their services and direct them which way to go as well as get them coffee and what they may ask for.
I loved working there because it was always busy and the day would go by so fast.
Cons
Always having to call someone to cover while i run to get the mail.
Great learning experience
Sr. District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 14, 2016
Collaborative environment, fun, great people to work with. Great learning experience in the health care industry. Compassionate, caring people who were focused on the customer.
A+
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONJune 20, 2016
Shoppers Home Health Care isa in the process of restructuring. I believe that they have the right people in the right places to make Shoppers a great Company to look forward to working for.
great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 27, 2016
Amazing co-workers, and space to work with. Training provided appropriately when needed and sometime just to refresh materials as to better serve the community of clients.
Great staff but under managed
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 15, 2015
I worked at this job for 12 years. I loved my job and the people I worked with were great. Unfortunately there was a lack of management at our location. I learned numerous roles at this job but was never shown any appreciation for it.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Lack of management
At Shoppers it was always fun and at the same time all the co workers supported each other in building the team and getting good profit by month end.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2013
At Shoppers it was always fun and at the same time all the co workers supported each other in building the team and getting good profit by the end of the month.

I learnt all the responsibilities and how to tackle the situations if there is anything which come across.

Management was excellent.

Co workers are very supportive and responsible

I never believe in the hardest part as we all should work hard in any area of department. I love hard work.

The most enjoyable part was handling reception and talk with the clients when they come in for the appointments and enquiries.

And also when there is any team meetings regarding the social events in the company
Excellent workplace - coworkers, attitude, training, productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York OntarioNovember 8, 2015
Excellent place to work
Wonderful supervisors with excellent training
Knowledgeable, reliable, considerate to all employees
Wages were acceptable
Fun environment and great customer service
Pros
Always knowledge birthdays, etc etc
Cons
Was not a full time position was contract
Enjoyable, team oriented environment
Sales Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMay 19, 2015
Communicating with families and clients regarding mobility choices and funding opportunities. Produced quotes and completed invoicing packages upon closure of sales. Enjoyed working in a team oriented environment and with organized management. I enjoyed the variety aspects of my job so it kept the work day interesting and provided great challenges and learning experiences.
Pros
Meeting great, caring people
Cons
Commute
Enjoy meeting new people
Customer Service Sales Support (Former Employee) –  104 Bartley Drive torontoFebruary 11, 2015
Management was never around - HR was pretty much a joke - no one took responsibility for their mistakes - always passed it off onto someone else. No job security - horrible negative environment to work in. Employees harass eachother.
Pros
discount at shoppers drug mart
Cons
horrible place to work!!!!!!!!
Forced myself to learn, learn, learn
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMarch 4, 2014
Started my day by responding to emails, retrieving messages and revising errors sales reps made on quotations. Then I would respond to distribution problems to ensure deliveries were set as planned and/or provide any documentation they lost.
I learned how to read many different reports and as always imporve my product knowledge as SHHC had their own priority vendors.
When available management was approachable or at least could offer an ear and hand in working out internal dilemmas.
My co-workers were wonderful and we had open pods as banter was necessary throughout day to sahre information or access different systems as we were limited on our computers.
The harddest part of the job was working without computers and slow response from management to correct ongoing issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy afforded to sales support and fact that my own knowledge, skills and abilities were shared with all and in many scenarios - put into action.
Pros
team work with sales representatives
Cons
extremely long hours and inequal distribution of workload
People are great and job wasn't that bad
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 27, 2015
People are great and job wasn't that bad. Lots of free lunches and I had the weekends off. I would recommend this job to anyone
Contract Position
Delivery/Setup Tech (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 13, 2015
The position is contract work which in tales delivering and setting up equipment to customers. The position is up for renewal every three months.
Very poor work environment unfriendly staff
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2014
Unfriendly staff, poor management practices, poor wages, not bad benefits. Poor cooperation between departments. Staff set in their ways. Too my cliques.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
work environment

2.9