Shoppers Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 September 2016
Well established company, pays not to bad, good people to work with can be a very fast paced environment at times.. benefits are good and supply proper tools for the job
Organization is critical.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 September 2016
Many systems have been put into place to make the job flow well. Great people to work with. Needs improvement on communication of new products and systems in place.
Pros
great staff
Cons
product understanding needs improvement
Horrible place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 August 2016
Antiquated technologically to the point of scary dangerous.
Constantly taking on contracts without having the resources to manage them
Way too much middle management
Co workers ranged from very good to complete dead wood that was never ever removed
Hardest part of the job was struggling to provide service to disabled clients with little or no support or resources.

Most enjoyable part was the fact that the Rehab division was sold off to a company that hopefully will treat whats left of the staff and clients with the respect they so desperately need.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Everything imaginable
Enjoyed the team environment as everyone helped with situations as needed.
Reception, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  565 Arvin Ave, Stoney Creek, Ontario24 June 2016
Check all e-mails for emergency calls and respond in a timely manner. Learned about wheelchair and walker equipment in order to schedule service calls with the correct technician.

Management was available as needed to aid in the solution of escalated problems with clients. Co-workers were always ready to help in anyway to aid with ensuring clients parts and needs were met in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who were not able to communicate. Some were non-verbal and some did not have good language skills.

I enjoyed being able to help clients with their service problems and getting them back mobile so they could enjoy their daily life.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Sometimes not being able to help clients due to them having financial constraints
self-fulfilling somehow you've been a help for others.
Evaluation Builder/Picker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 June 2016
my co-workers were good and fun to be with. it's time schedule were good and flexible. processing order for clients who are in need of medical equipment was a great feeling that somehow you lessen the burden they are on.
A+
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 June 2016
Shoppers Home Health Care isa in the process of restructuring. I believe that they have the right people in the right places to make Shoppers a great Company to look forward to working for.
Great learning experience
Sr. District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2016
Collaborative environment, fun, great people to work with. Great learning experience in the health care industry. Compassionate, caring people who were focused on the customer.
.Co workers were more like a second family,all workers had the same dedication to customer satisfaction.
Driver & Distribution (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2016
is a very enjoyable place to work,has a very family style atmosphere.the day consisted of checking the drivers off after there shift,verifying equipment picked up. Management was caring/understanding people and the same as the co workers,the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the shift,the most enjoyable part of the job was the start of the shift.
Pros
barbecues in the summer, 50/50 draws
great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 April 2016
Amazing co-workers, and space to work with. Training provided appropriately when needed and sometime just to refresh materials as to better serve the community of clients.
A great job with many perks .
Mobility Service Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2016
Turning on a mobile app to determine my run sheet for the day. This made going paperless more efficient and was quickly learned. Going out into the community to service or repair high end mobility equipment. At times, bringing equipment into the shop for in depth repair work.Communicating with co-workers and management any client concerns or health and safety issues. The most difficult part of the job was after hours where problem solving was key without the benefit of business hours resources. The best part of the job was meeting and interacting with interesting people and being offered the most up to date technical courses at the company's expense. We would all also involve ourselves in the odd pot-luck lunch here and there . Over all , this was a great 15 year experience that I will always find invaluable.
Pros
In house courses and tutorials
Cons
The on call emegency pager
Working with the elderly and handy cap
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 April 2016
I received a lot of satisfaction working with the people of the long term care facilities and the individuals of the community. I would deliver equipment and evaluate and fix power and manual equipment. It was fulfilling knowing that once I left the clients that I worked for was able to get on with there daily activities once I was able to correct any and all issues with there equipment. Each week that I returned many people would thank me or ask for help which I enjoyed.
Pros
Satisfaction on peoples faces
Cons
Not being able to complete or fix all equipment due to parts being damaged, and then having to wait to recieve the new part
diverse culture with fun environment throughout the company
Shipping/Receiving/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2016
I found that everybody at the workplace work toward the same goals which was the success of the company.my co-workers were so friendly and management team understood the employees values and always tried to solved any problem with an amicable solution.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
rewarding dealing with staff and customers
Services Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
While with Shoppers i found it very rewarding dealing one on one with the customer and the employee's, learning of their challenges and giving mentoring suggestions to improve the employee strengths.
As well learning of the customer concerns and dealing with the customer to resolve their concern.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Great place to work , wonderful coworkers and great culture
STORE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 March 2016
Excellent work environment, great people and learning experience. Middle management cares , fast past environment . The best part of work here is the service we provide to our clients in need of rehab equipment
Pros
great work environment and people
Cons
Parent company close the rehab hubs
Productive and Very busy enviroment
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 December 2015
My over all day at work was as follows. As I get in to the building i would have to turn on all the lights unlock the doors turn on the tv, and go to the front desk where I would do all of my work from while everyone else was on the second floor.
I would answer / direct calls to the right department, as well as maintain my own calls as a service coordinator for the lifts and elevating department. I would take at least 50 calls a day half of them being for my calls.
On top of that I would have to greet clients who are coming in for their services and direct them which way to go as well as get them coffee and what they may ask for.
I loved working there because it was always busy and the day would go by so fast.
Cons
Always having to call someone to cover while i run to get the mail.
Excellent workplace - coworkers, attitude, training, productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York Ontario8 November 2015
Excellent place to work
Wonderful supervisors with excellent training
Knowledgeable, reliable, considerate to all employees
Wages were acceptable
Fun environment and great customer service
Pros
Always knowledge birthdays, etc etc
Cons
Was not a full time position was contract
Great staff but under managed
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 October 2015
I worked at this job for 12 years. I loved my job and the people I worked with were great. Unfortunately there was a lack of management at our location. I learned numerous roles at this job but was never shown any appreciation for it.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Lack of management
People are great and job wasn't that bad
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2015
People are great and job wasn't that bad. Lots of free lunches and I had the weekends off. I would recommend this job to anyone
Contract Position
Delivery/Setup Tech (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 September 2015
The position is contract work which in tales delivering and setting up equipment to customers. The position is up for renewal every three months.
A typical day at work was booking appointments for clients and their mobility devices
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2015
I liked learning about all the medical equipment our clients use and to help them get their equipment back up and running.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long commute to and from work

2.8