Shoppers Home Health Care

Shoppers Home Health Care Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employees to work with
Clinic Technician (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 1, 2014
Pros: company discount
Cons: low pay
Not willing to comment. People were good to work with. Best part of the job was meeting people. Worked with public.
okay job
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: training
it was okay, lack in training basically train your self. Enjoyed working with the people.
Fun place to work with ample parking
Customer Service/Administrative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
A typical day in my department consists of my co-worker and I answering phones, e-mails and faxes taking orders from customers, providing product knowledge to them as well as each other, collaborating and independently working on processing/picking orders for shipment or pick up, resolving issues and customer complaints, attending departmental meetings, – more... suggesting new ideas/processes for company time/cost saving, posting, invoicing and filing as well as other general office duties or requests from management. We do all of this while creating and maintaining a fun, positive work environment and most importantly, helping our customers with their needs – less
Forced myself to learn, learn, learn
Sales Support (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 4, 2014
Pros: team work with sales representatives
Cons: extremely long hours and inequal distribution of workload
Started my day by responding to emails, retrieving messages and revising errors sales reps made on quotations. Then I would respond to distribution problems to ensure deliveries were set as planned and/or provide any documentation they lost.
I learned how to read many different reports and as always imporve my product knowledge as SHHC had their own – more... priority vendors.
When available management was approachable or at least could offer an ear and hand in working out internal dilemmas.
My co-workers were wonderful and we had open pods as banter was necessary throughout day to sahre information or access different systems as we were limited on our computers.
The harddest part of the job was working without computers and slow response from management to correct ongoing issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy afforded to sales support and fact that my own knowledge, skills and abilities were shared with all and in many scenarios - put into action. – less
Missed Managed Company
customer service (Former Employee), BarrieDecember 6, 2013
Cons: low pay
If you are thinking of working for this company think again. They should take the care out of their name they do not care about their employees or clients.
Rules change from day to day and only apply to some people.

Co-worker are all bitter and all they do all day is complain about one and other and back stab each other.
Think twice before working – more... hear you will never move up in this company. – less
A family working hard together
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 8, 2013
Pros: local, great industry, coworkers and management excellent
The coworkers are exceptional, courteous and professional. Learned alot about the healthcare industry and the administrative side of the business.
Rewarding place to work. Fun Staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good working hours
Cons: lower wage
Customer Service. Product knowledge such as Sports braces. TENS machines. Medical products. Medical Oxygen. Delivery of medical equipment in the rental pool. Beds walkers, wheelchairs, Raised toilet seats, diapers, Tube feeding, Third party billing.
Love being needed
Customer Service Representative/Purchaser (Current Employee), Markham, ONJuly 27, 2013
Customers rely on your knowledge. It's not like any other retail jobs. You get trained and people genuinely thank you for your help.
Very productive!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: we get different gifts every so often from different companies if we keep our sales up!:)
Cons: need benefits and more hours!
Love working here, the people are great, and my manager is pretty good too! There's always something to do, and you are always helping others in some way.I love working with other people, and seeing the positive imoact we have on others. You really see it at this job because we mostly work with a lot of elderly people, and people who have special needs.
At Shoppers it was always fun and at the same time all the co workers supported each other in building the team and getting good profit by month end.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2013
At Shoppers it was always fun and at the same time all the co workers supported each other in building the team and getting good profit by the end of the month.

I learnt all the responsibilities and how to tackle the situations if there is anything which come across.

Management was excellent.

Co workers are very supportive and responsible

I never – more... believe in the hardest part as we all should work hard in any area of department. I love hard work.

The most enjoyable part was handling reception and talk with the clients when they come in for the appointments and enquiries.

And also when there is any team meetings regarding the social events in the company – less
Ok place to work
High-end Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa,onJune 3, 2013
Fix power wheelchair and troubleshoot, Place is very unorganized.
Basic 9 to 5 job
Receptionist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2013
Pros: some of the staff members were absolutely wonderful
Cons: lack of clear strong management
Answer phone and file papers. Deal with the daily mail, Dealt with income clients and directed them to the correct department. Eventually learned how to handle the cash registar and the daily deposit.
Miss this job
Store Front and Assistant Drivers Manager (Former Employee), KitchenerMay 15, 2013
Pros: great wage and staff
Cons: hospital beds
I can say I miss this job the must, only was down area of this job was the odd time, having to carry heavy hospital beds. But was nice dealing with families and patients. The staff here was amazing and it was like we where a big family.
Fun place to work
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2013
Pros: fun
Cons: too far
I learned new experience with this position, would go back if I could, great staff & Managers.
Customers are great
Rehab Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Orillia, OntarioOctober 29, 2012
Pros: staff discount
Cons: lack of management caring about staff
Dealing with customers and their rehab and mobility needs.
Management is not really concerned with the staffs needs or safety concerns. Co-workers are great.
Hardest part of the job was the lack of speed in getting the products needed for clients.
Most enjoyable helping the customers improve their day to day lives.
Small tight group of employees (6 women) all friendly. Happy environment most times. Manager sometimes bully new employees and would micro manage.
Administrator / Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 21, 2012
Pros: fun incentive selling games, small group, positive and enjoyable environment
Cons: micro managed, manager's outburst in front of customers, sundays work by yourself no breaks, not allowed to leave store, monthly meetings 8 a.m. mandatory, need to come in on day off.
We sold medical devices and did repairs on wheelchairs, scooters, walkers. I would on a daily basis, filling custom and regular orders for whatever brought them into the store. Then I would have to source out what and where could I find this item, place the order usually by fax so we would always have paper trail. Then I would need to find the correct – more... form and follow their procedure and complie with federal and company policies, procedures and regulations. Then I might need to sent up deliveries to be picked by UPS by noon everyday, so I would need to shop in the store to get the order together prior to pick up then complete more paperwork for the store and UPS and log every transaction into several locations. Then in between daily tasks we are also up selling merchandise to customers, sometimes our manager would play BINGO with us to make our day interactive, and some would get a little competive but it was fun. She would have diffent types of merchandise that we need to sell in a timeframe and we would win money, a paid day off or gift card.

The staff is required to help clients shop the store if we don;t have what they need then next step is to call other SHHC stores then if that is unsuccesful then we must look through our many many catalogues and if we find it we order from outside medical stores. This is a very time consuming job but this is how keep our clientele we make them feel important and that is why it is extremely important to pay attention to details and follow procedures very closely and precise because we are dealing with elderly and sickly people who expect us to know our business. We would usually be dealing with 3-4 customers plus clients who have phoned in their orders or want written quotes from us too.
I learned real quick that having to write and rewrite every order, phone call, message, fax and whom I spoke to was crucial to this postition because there was always so much going on all at once. Priortizing time management and people skills such as compassion, listening, understanding and patience are a valuable commodity. as is being able to multitask, i.e. answer phones to take orders for ostomy supplies, appointments, confirmation on patients file and needs from other agencies, take measurements in the fitting room for privacy, instruct the client how to use item and regular care, while taking care of customers in store too. On senior days (last Thursday every month) is insanely busy because of discounts and we served free beverages and snacks for our clients to thank them.

We had several important government contracts, WSIB, War Veterans, ODSP clients, Ontario Works and many local nursing / retirement homes too. We would do custom fitting for masectomy patients too. I had formal training and became certified to custom fit masectomy bras, compression garments, and medical braces. The hardest part of the job was having to learn all the policies and procedures and protocol of all our important clients. We had hundreds of regular clients who would come in weekly to fill their orders. We would keep these files updated which was filled with their invoices of their previous orders.

The ladies I worked with were wonderful coworkers who came from all different backgrounds, I worked with a minister's wife, a lawyers wife,a truck drivers wife, and our manager had worked there since she was 16 years old and worked her way up as manager with her own office. When a coworker;s husband was in a bad accident she was unable to have Christmas, well our little group donated money, gifts and even food for her. She was in tears thanking us, then invited us to her house to share the meal we donated. We were always there for each other because we were such a small group and our personalities all clicked..

When our Manager was in a "mood" we would stay clear because she would just get real mean and demeaning sometimes. She thought micro managing makes people learn better, until I had a conversation one day in her office during an evaluation and told her how I felt, nowing I had the rest of the staff supporting me.

Overall great place to work but left sadly because I wanted college degree for Medical Office Administration. I wanted to take my career to the next level which was formal education. But also this position is not for everyone because while working there I had seen 4 girls come and go because they were not a quick learner and their personality just didn't click. – less