Shoppers Home Health Care Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 September 2016
Well established company, pays not to bad, good people to work with can be a very fast paced environment at times.. benefits are good and supply proper tools for the job
Mismanagement with the store. Bullied to do work with no training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
Not a good atmosphere everyone's worries they could get fired so they throw each other under the bus. No fun for long term employment. Stay clear until they have overhauled the entire establishment.
Pros
Free lunches, some weekends off
Cons
Bullied at work, threatening words towards your job security. Expected overtime without pay. No job security
Mismanaged
Client Delivery Set-Up Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
One of the most mismanaged workplaces I have ever been involved with. The money was decent but unless you sucked up REALLY hard you went nowhere in there and only if you knew how to pat someone on the back to know where to stick the knife were you going anywhere there. Unsafe working conditions and injuries not taken seriously nor addressed properly. They always tried to trip people up to do things that their doctor said they couldn't do to see if you were faking it and then fire you on the spot if they caught you. It was a joke really. They no longer exist and for that I am grateful
Pros
Mon-Fri
Cons
the rest of it
Horrible place to work
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 August 2016
Antiquated technologically to the point of scary dangerous.
Constantly taking on contracts without having the resources to manage them
Way too much middle management
Co workers ranged from very good to complete dead wood that was never ever removed
Hardest part of the job was struggling to provide service to disabled clients with little or no support or resources.

Most enjoyable part was the fact that the Rehab division was sold off to a company that hopefully will treat whats left of the staff and clients with the respect they so desperately need.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Everything imaginable
Enjoyed the team environment as everyone helped with situations as needed.
Reception, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  565 Arvin Ave, Stoney Creek, Ontario24 June 2016
Check all e-mails for emergency calls and respond in a timely manner. Learned about wheelchair and walker equipment in order to schedule service calls with the correct technician.

Management was available as needed to aid in the solution of escalated problems with clients. Co-workers were always ready to help in anyway to aid with ensuring clients parts and needs were met in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who were not able to communicate. Some were non-verbal and some did not have good language skills.

I enjoyed being able to help clients with their service problems and getting them back mobile so they could enjoy their daily life.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Sometimes not being able to help clients due to them having financial constraints
A great job with many perks .
Mobility Service Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 April 2016
Turning on a mobile app to determine my run sheet for the day. This made going paperless more efficient and was quickly learned. Going out into the community to service or repair high end mobility equipment. At times, bringing equipment into the shop for in depth repair work.Communicating with co-workers and management any client concerns or health and safety issues. The most difficult part of the job was after hours where problem solving was key without the benefit of business hours resources. The best part of the job was meeting and interacting with interesting people and being offered the most up to date technical courses at the company's expense. We would all also involve ourselves in the odd pot-luck lunch here and there . Over all , this was a great 15 year experience that I will always find invaluable.
Pros
In house courses and tutorials
Cons
The on call emegency pager
Helping People
Receptionist / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 November 2016
Shoppers Home Health Care in Thunder Bay has been in existence for many years and was largely Community influenced and based. It is now corporate and loosing it's personal community touch.
Pros
Helping people and Community
.Co workers were more like a second family,all workers had the same dedication to customer satisfaction.
Driver & Distribution (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2016
is a very enjoyable place to work,has a very family style atmosphere.the day consisted of checking the drivers off after there shift,verifying equipment picked up. Management was caring/understanding people and the same as the co workers,the hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the shift,the most enjoyable part of the job was the start of the shift.
Pros
barbecues in the summer, 50/50 draws
diverse culture with fun environment throughout the company
Shipping/Receiving/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2016
I found that everybody at the workplace work toward the same goals which was the success of the company.my co-workers were so friendly and management team understood the employees values and always tried to solved any problem with an amicable solution.
Pros
flexible breaks
Organization is critical.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 September 2016
Many systems have been put into place to make the job flow well. Great people to work with. Needs improvement on communication of new products and systems in place.
Pros
great staff
Cons
product understanding needs improvement
Working with the elderly and handy cap
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 April 2016
I received a lot of satisfaction working with the people of the long term care facilities and the individuals of the community. I would deliver equipment and evaluate and fix power and manual equipment. It was fulfilling knowing that once I left the clients that I worked for was able to get on with there daily activities once I was able to correct any and all issues with there equipment. Each week that I returned many people would thank me or ask for help which I enjoyed.
Pros
Satisfaction on peoples faces
Cons
Not being able to complete or fix all equipment due to parts being damaged, and then having to wait to recieve the new part
self-fulfilling somehow you've been a help for others.
Evaluation Builder/Picker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 June 2016
my co-workers were good and fun to be with. it's time schedule were good and flexible. processing order for clients who are in need of medical equipment was a great feeling that somehow you lessen the burden they are on.
rewarding dealing with staff and customers
Services Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2016
While with Shoppers i found it very rewarding dealing one on one with the customer and the employee's, learning of their challenges and giving mentoring suggestions to improve the employee strengths.
As well learning of the customer concerns and dealing with the customer to resolve their concern.
Pros
Open door policy
Great learning experience
Sr. District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2016
Collaborative environment, fun, great people to work with. Great learning experience in the health care industry. Compassionate, caring people who were focused on the customer.
Very productive!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 June 2013
Love working here, the people are great, and my manager is pretty good too! There's always something to do, and you are always helping others in some way.I love working with other people, and seeing the positive imoact we have on others. You really see it at this job because we mostly work with a lot of elderly people, and people who have special needs.
Pros
We get different gifts every so often from different companies if we keep our sales up!:)
Cons
Need benefits and more hours!
A+
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 June 2016
Shoppers Home Health Care isa in the process of restructuring. I believe that they have the right people in the right places to make Shoppers a great Company to look forward to working for.
Great place to work , wonderful coworkers and great culture
STORE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON1 March 2016
Excellent work environment, great people and learning experience. Middle management cares , fast past environment . The best part of work here is the service we provide to our clients in need of rehab equipment
Pros
great work environment and people
Cons
Parent company close the rehab hubs
Rewarding place to work. Fun Staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON23 August 2013
Customer Service. Product knowledge such as Sports braces. TENS machines. Medical products. Medical Oxygen. Delivery of medical equipment in the rental pool. Beds walkers, wheelchairs, Raised toilet seats, diapers, Tube feeding, Third party billing.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Lower wage
Very poor work environment unfriendly staff
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2014
Unfriendly staff, poor management practices, poor wages, not bad benefits. Poor cooperation between departments. Staff set in their ways. Too my cliques.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
work environment
great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 April 2016
Amazing co-workers, and space to work with. Training provided appropriately when needed and sometime just to refresh materials as to better serve the community of clients.

2.8