Shoppers Home Health Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent workplace - coworkers, attitude, training, productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), North York OntarioNovember 8, 2015
Pros: Always knowledge birthdays, etc etc
Cons: Was not a full time position was contract
Excellent place to work
Wonderful supervisors with excellent training
Knowledgeable, reliable, considerate to all employees
Wages were acceptable
Fun environment and great customer service
Great staff but under managed
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Great co workers
Cons: Lack of management
I worked at this job for 12 years. I loved my job and the people I worked with were great. Unfortunately there was a lack of management at our location. I learned numerous roles at this job but was never shown any appreciation for it.
People are great and job wasn't that bad
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 27, 2015
People are great and job wasn't that bad. Lots of free lunches and I had the weekends off. I would recommend this job to anyone
Contract Position
Delivery/Setup Tech (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 13, 2015
The position is contract work which in tales delivering and setting up equipment to customers. The position is up for renewal every three months.
A typical day at work was booking appointments for clients and their mobility devices
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Staff discount
Cons: Long commute to and from work
I liked learning about all the medical equipment our clients use and to help them get their equipment back up and running.
Enjoyable, team oriented environment
Sales Adminstrator (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Meeting great, caring people
Cons: Commute
Communicating with families and clients regarding mobility choices and funding opportunities. Produced quotes and completed invoicing packages upon closure of sales. Enjoyed working in a team oriented environment and with organized management. I enjoyed the variety aspects of my job so it kept the work day interesting and provided great challenges and learning experiences.
Rewarding place to work .. great relationships with customer developed over time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), GTAApril 20, 2015
This job has lots of opportunity for growth and learning. Work as a part time CSR or manager this is a rewarding career. you learn all aspects of the business,
Good place to gain experience on medical supplies
Rental Coordinator/CSR (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 10, 2015
I learned most of what I know from shopper. Whan I worked there a few years ago the place was booming! It was great business and great people. I eventually got a position at motion specialties where I continued by career in the medical fiel
disorganized and out of date
Customer Service (Current Employee), kingston ontarioMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free uniform
Cons: disorganized
worked for this company for many years and have seen many changes have yet to see any positive changes for the retail staff
Productive and a friendly atmosphere among staff.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: being able to have your lunch break when you choose.
Cons: not knowing what will become of your job after shoppers is taken over.
A typical day was invoicing clients and filing paperwork. I learned to use the UNIX program for invoicing clients. I had no feeling of being let go until the company was bought out by another company. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were great. The only time I found it difficult at work was when they let go of all the people that were most experienced, that could answer my questions when I needed help. The most enjoyable part was doing the Accounts Payables, making sure all the bills were being paid on time and the accounts were all up to date.
really bad place to work for, management is terrible
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: only part time with no benifiets
Minimum wage is all they pay and expect no increase for years. They expect you to do other employees jobs when they are incompetent. Management does not treat staff members well.
Enjoy meeting new people
Customer Service Sales Support (Former Employee), 104 Bartley Drive torontoFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discount at shoppers drug mart
Cons: horrible place to work!!!!!!!!
Management was never around - HR was pretty much a joke - no one took responsibility for their mistakes - always passed it off onto someone else. No job security - horrible negative environment to work in. Employees harass eachother.
no comments
Finance/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
I have nothing to say about shoppers home health care except that there was never anywhere to grow with your career inside this organization
Highly stressful and unstable
Long Term Care Service Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), East York, OntarioJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Cons: uncertain job security
The actual job was fine, the people were great but after Loblaw takeover and subsequent layoffs, the work was divided up between less employees and the future of the actual company uncertain.
Not a good place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Present management needs to go or allow staff to be more in control
Very poor work environment unfriendly staff
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: work environment
Unfriendly staff, poor management practices, poor wages, not bad benefits. Poor cooperation between departments. Staff set in their ways. Too my cliques.
A supportive team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence Ave TorontoAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free meals
Good working environment. Has passion and commitment for senior customer care. Hardest part of the job is dealing with different kind of senior customers' personalities and characters but is understandable because of their age.
Physically demanding
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2014
Physically demanding
hardest part of job was installing home care beds and lifts
Great employees to work with
Clinic Technician (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 1, 2014
Pros: company discount
Cons: low pay
Not willing to comment. People were good to work with. Best part of the job was meeting people. Worked with public.
okay job
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: training
it was okay, lack in training basically train your self. Enjoyed working with the people.