Shoppers Home Health Care Employee Reviews in Canada

great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 27, 2016
Amazing co-workers, and space to work with. Training provided appropriately when needed and sometime just to refresh materials as to better serve the community of clients.
A great job with many perks .
Mobility Service Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 18, 2016
Turning on a mobile app to determine my run sheet for the day. This made going paperless more efficient and was quickly learned. Going out into the community to service or repair high end mobility equipment. At times, bringing equipment into the shop for in depth repair work.Communicating with co-workers and management any client concerns or health and safety issues. The most difficult part of the job was after hours where problem solving was key without the benefit of business hours resources. The best part of the job was meeting and interacting with interesting people and being offered the most up to date technical courses at the company's expense. We would all also involve ourselves in the odd pot-luck lunch here and there . Over all , this was a great 15 year experience that I will always find invaluable.
Pros
In house courses and tutorials
Cons
The on call emegency pager
Working with the elderly and handy cap
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 11, 2016
I received a lot of satisfaction working with the people of the long term care facilities and the individuals of the community. I would deliver equipment and evaluate and fix power and manual equipment. It was fulfilling knowing that once I left the clients that I worked for was able to get on with there daily activities once I was able to correct any and all issues with there equipment. Each week that I returned many people would thank me or ask for help which I enjoyed.
Pros
Satisfaction on peoples faces
Cons
Not being able to complete or fix all equipment due to parts being damaged, and then having to wait to recieve the new part
diverse culture with fun environment throughout the company
Shipping/Receiving/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2016
I found that everybody at the workplace work toward the same goals which was the success of the company.my co-workers were so friendly and management team understood the employees values and always tried to solved any problem with an amicable solution.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
rewarding dealing with staff and customers
Services Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
While with Shoppers i found it very rewarding dealing one on one with the customer and the employee's, learning of their challenges and giving mentoring suggestions to improve the employee strengths.
As well learning of the customer concerns and dealing with the customer to resolve their concern.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Great place to work , wonderful coworkers and great culture
STORE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMarch 1, 2016
Excellent work environment, great people and learning experience. Middle management cares , fast past environment . The best part of work here is the service we provide to our clients in need of rehab equipment
Pros
great work environment and people
Cons
Parent company close the rehab hubs
Productive and Very busy enviroment
Receptionist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 2, 2015
My over all day at work was as follows. As I get in to the building i would have to turn on all the lights unlock the doors turn on the tv, and go to the front desk where I would do all of my work from while everyone else was on the second floor.
I would answer / direct calls to the right department, as well as maintain my own calls as a service coordinator for the lifts and elevating department. I would take at least 50 calls a day half of them being for my calls.
On top of that I would have to greet clients who are coming in for their services and direct them which way to go as well as get them coffee and what they may ask for.
I loved working there because it was always busy and the day would go by so fast.
Cons
Always having to call someone to cover while i run to get the mail.
Excellent workplace - coworkers, attitude, training, productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North York OntarioNovember 8, 2015
Excellent place to work
Wonderful supervisors with excellent training
Knowledgeable, reliable, considerate to all employees
Wages were acceptable
Fun environment and great customer service
Pros
Always knowledge birthdays, etc etc
Cons
Was not a full time position was contract
Great staff but under managed
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 15, 2015
I worked at this job for 12 years. I loved my job and the people I worked with were great. Unfortunately there was a lack of management at our location. I learned numerous roles at this job but was never shown any appreciation for it.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Lack of management
People are great and job wasn't that bad
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 27, 2015
People are great and job wasn't that bad. Lots of free lunches and I had the weekends off. I would recommend this job to anyone
Contract Position
Delivery/Setup Tech (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 13, 2015
The position is contract work which in tales delivering and setting up equipment to customers. The position is up for renewal every three months.
A typical day at work was booking appointments for clients and their mobility devices
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2015
I liked learning about all the medical equipment our clients use and to help them get their equipment back up and running.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long commute to and from work
Enjoyable, team oriented environment
Sales Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMay 19, 2015
Communicating with families and clients regarding mobility choices and funding opportunities. Produced quotes and completed invoicing packages upon closure of sales. Enjoyed working in a team oriented environment and with organized management. I enjoyed the variety aspects of my job so it kept the work day interesting and provided great challenges and learning experiences.
Pros
Meeting great, caring people
Cons
Commute
Rewarding place to work .. great relationships with customer developed over time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  GTAApril 20, 2015
This job has lots of opportunity for growth and learning. Work as a part time CSR or manager this is a rewarding career. you learn all aspects of the business,
Good place to gain experience on medical supplies
Rental Coordinator/CSR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 10, 2015
I learned most of what I know from shopper. Whan I worked there a few years ago the place was booming! It was great business and great people. I eventually got a position at motion specialties where I continued by career in the medical fiel
disorganized and out of date
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  kingston ontarioMarch 3, 2015
worked for this company for many years and have seen many changes have yet to see any positive changes for the retail staff
Pros
free uniform
Cons
disorganized
Productive and a friendly atmosphere among staff.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONMarch 3, 2015
A typical day was invoicing clients and filing paperwork. I learned to use the UNIX program for invoicing clients. I had no feeling of being let go until the company was bought out by another company. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were great. The only time I found it difficult at work was when they let go of all the people that were most experienced, that could answer my questions when I needed help. The most enjoyable part was doing the Accounts Payables, making sure all the bills were being paid on time and the accounts were all up to date.
Pros
being able to have your lunch break when you choose.
Cons
not knowing what will become of your job after shoppers is taken over.
really bad place to work for, management is terrible
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Minimum wage is all they pay and expect no increase for years. They expect you to do other employees jobs when they are incompetent. Management does not treat staff members well.
Cons
only part time with no benifiets
Enjoy meeting new people
Customer Service Sales Support (Former Employee) –  104 Bartley Drive torontoFebruary 11, 2015
Management was never around - HR was pretty much a joke - no one took responsibility for their mistakes - always passed it off onto someone else. No job security - horrible negative environment to work in. Employees harass eachother.
Pros
discount at shoppers drug mart
Cons
horrible place to work!!!!!!!!
no comments
Finance/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
I have nothing to say about shoppers home health care except that there was never anywhere to grow with your career inside this organization