Shoppers Home Health Care

Shoppers Home Health Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable, team oriented environment
Sales Adminstrator (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Meeting great, caring people
Cons: Commute
Communicating with families and clients regarding mobility choices and funding opportunities. Produced quotes and completed invoicing packages upon closure of sales. Enjoyed working in a team oriented environment and with organized management. I enjoyed the variety aspects of my job so it kept the work day interesting and provided great challenges and learning experiences.
Rewarding place to work .. great relationships with customer developed over time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), GTAApril 20, 2015
This job has lots of opportunity for growth and learning. Work as a part time CSR or manager this is a rewarding career. you learn all aspects of the business,
Good place to gain experience on medical supplies
Rental Coordinator/CSR (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 10, 2015
I learned most of what I know from shopper. Whan I worked there a few years ago the place was booming! It was great business and great people. I eventually got a position at motion specialties where I continued by career in the medical fiel
disorganized and out of date
Customer Service (Current Employee), kingston ontarioMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free uniform
Cons: disorganized
worked for this company for many years and have seen many changes have yet to see any positive changes for the retail staff
Productive and a friendly atmosphere among staff.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: being able to have your lunch break when you choose.
Cons: not knowing what will become of your job after shoppers is taken over.
A typical day was invoicing clients and filing paperwork. I learned to use the UNIX program for invoicing clients. I had no feeling of being let go until the company was bought out by another company. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers they were great. The only time I found it difficult at work was when they let go of all the people that were most experienced, that could answer my questions when I needed help. The most enjoyable part was doing the Accounts Payables, making sure all the bills were being paid on time and the accounts were all up to date.
really bad place to work for, management is terrible
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: only part time with no benifiets
Minimum wage is all they pay and expect no increase for years. They expect you to do other employees jobs when they are incompetent. Management does not treat staff members well.
Enjoy meeting new people
Customer Service Sales Support (Former Employee), 104 Bartley Drive torontoFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discount at shoppers drug mart
Cons: horrible place to work!!!!!!!!
Management was never around - HR was pretty much a joke - no one took responsibility for their mistakes - always passed it off onto someone else. No job security - horrible negative environment to work in. Employees harass eachother.
no comments
Finance/Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2015
I have nothing to say about shoppers home health care except that there was never anywhere to grow with your career inside this organization
Highly stressful and unstable
Long Term Care Service Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), East York, OntarioJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, friendly co-workers
Cons: uncertain job security
The actual job was fine, the people were great but after Loblaw takeover and subsequent layoffs, the work was divided up between less employees and the future of the actual company uncertain.
Not a good place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Present management needs to go or allow staff to be more in control
Very poor work environment unfriendly staff
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: work environment
Unfriendly staff, poor management practices, poor wages, not bad benefits. Poor cooperation between departments. Staff set in their ways. Too my cliques.
A supportive team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawrence Ave TorontoAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free meals
Good working environment. Has passion and commitment for senior customer care. Hardest part of the job is dealing with different kind of senior customers' personalities and characters but is understandable because of their age.
Physically demanding
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2014
Physically demanding
hardest part of job was installing home care beds and lifts
Great employees to work with
Clinic Technician (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 1, 2014
Pros: company discount
Cons: low pay
Not willing to comment. People were good to work with. Best part of the job was meeting people. Worked with public.
okay job
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 13, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: training
it was okay, lack in training basically train your self. Enjoyed working with the people.
Fun place to work with ample parking
Customer Service/Administrative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
A typical day in my department consists of my co-worker and I answering phones, e-mails and faxes taking orders from customers, providing product knowledge to them as well as each other, collaborating and independently working on processing/picking orders for shipment or pick up, resolving issues and customer complaints, attending departmental meetings, suggesting new ideas/processes for company time/cost saving, posting, invoicing and filing as well as other general office duties or requests from management. We do all of this while creating and maintaining a fun, positive work environment and most importantly, helping our customers with their needs
Forced myself to learn, learn, learn
Sales Support (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 4, 2014
Pros: team work with sales representatives
Cons: extremely long hours and inequal distribution of workload
Started my day by responding to emails, retrieving messages and revising errors sales reps made on quotations. Then I would respond to distribution problems to ensure deliveries were set as planned and/or provide any documentation they lost.
I learned how to read many different reports and as always imporve my product knowledge as SHHC had their own priority vendors.
When available management was approachable or at least could offer an ear and hand in working out internal dilemmas.
My co-workers were wonderful and we had open pods as banter was necessary throughout day to sahre information or access different systems as we were limited on our computers.
The harddest part of the job was working without computers and slow response from management to correct ongoing issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy afforded to sales support and fact that my own knowledge, skills and abilities were shared with all and in many scenarios - put into action.
Missed Managed Company
customer service (Former Employee), BarrieDecember 6, 2013
Cons: low pay
If you are thinking of working for this company think again. They should take the care out of their name they do not care about their employees or clients.
Rules change from day to day and only apply to some people.

Co-worker are all bitter and all they do all day is complain about one and other and back stab each other.
Think twice before working hear you will never move up in this company.
A family working hard together
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 8, 2013
Pros: local, great industry, coworkers and management excellent
The coworkers are exceptional, courteous and professional. Learned alot about the healthcare industry and the administrative side of the business.
Rewarding place to work. Fun Staff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 23, 2013
Pros: good working hours
Cons: lower wage
Customer Service. Product knowledge such as Sports braces. TENS machines. Medical products. Medical Oxygen. Delivery of medical equipment in the rental pool. Beds walkers, wheelchairs, Raised toilet seats, diapers, Tube feeding, Third party billing.