Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome environment to work within, good team work.
Post Office Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 28, 2015
Managing the post office is a wonderful job, I enjoy going to work everyday and sometimes customer service can get challenging but I enjoy achieving challenges. As Management sometimes, I have to work long hours one day to get another day off but I do not mind at all.
Great store, great people, great customers.
Supervisior (Current Employee), Bowmanville, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: shopper's drugmart discount!
Cons: inconsistent work schedules
I've been working at this store for 5 years and although it can be challenging at times, they've always treated me well. The young age of some of my coworkers have proven to be the biggest challenge. They are young and stubborn so they can be quite a headache to work with. However, when my regular customers come in it always brightens my day!
Quite Okay
Volunter (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 26, 2015
Pros: Short hours, nice staff
Cons: Boring
I was a volunteer, so I can't adequately explain the employee conditons but it was pleasant to work there. The staff were pleasant, but they didn't feel like co-workers to me more than just staff. The job was quite easy, but dull though it might've been me wanting to go home. A real employment opportunity there might've been more fulfilling.
Professional growth
Canada Post Department Manager (Former Employee), CAApril 25, 2015
• I learned a lot about how a business is run and what is required in a managerial/supervisory position.
• The management was extremely helpful and assisted most in their professional success.
• My co-workers were fun to work with and found a support with them in dealing with customers.
• The most difficult aspect of my role with this company was finding how to properly handle difficult customers.
• The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to interact with different people and make a positive impact on their day.
Great place to start
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free cosmetics training
Cons: Weekend work
A great place to develop a wide variety of brand knowledge and enhance sales techniques.

I enjoyed working with the positive staff and helping women look and feel their best.
Shoppers Drug Mart is the best in providing Pharmacy care
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee), 879 Marine Drive, North Vancouver, BCApril 23, 2015
I worked in Shoppers Drug Mart as Pharmacy Assistant and also did my internship for my licensing as a Pharmacist. I found the working environment very conducive. Shoppers really care for its customer and strives to serve them best.
Shoppers Drug Mart
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 23, 2015
Pros: The floor staff, really friendly, customer loyalty
Cons: Didn't have a merchandiser
Working there was an overall good experience, I learned a lot from my co workers in my department and various co workers in the store. In terms of my department manager I wish she was a bit more professional but however management overall was very respectful and honest. The hardest part of the job was being in the department by myself in the night shift. I hand to handle stock, taking things off the shelf, the cash register, and dealing with customers at the same time.
Productive sometimes
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: free launches
Cons: old annoying people
work was fun sometimes and I learned a lot about make up even though I don't wear it. my management was the best they were so chill.
Great for Multitask Individuals
Front Store and Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule with personal life
Cons: Long hours, not for those who cannot handle the stress of long busy hours
Everyday there are slow periods, and fast periods. Handling customers who are visiting from around the world. Must be able to adapt to change in business, great place to develop your operational management skills.
Great Work Place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 21, 2015
I loved working at shoppers, I typical was working with customers and the employees throughout most of my shifts. Between cashing cashiers off, cover break, counting cash, answering phone calls, and dealing with the pharmacy I was usually pretty busy.
very good work environment with lots of fun
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2015
Pros: benefits and discounts
Cons: haven't found any yet
Shoppers provide a fun and friendly work environment. I love the co-workers and we are more like a family. It gets really busy at times but we work as a team to ensure nobody is burdened too much. Everybody is so friendly that its hard to get bored at work.
Management was horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I worked at Upper Ottawa and Mohawk shoppers for over a year and it was not anything that's I expected. The management wasn't the greatest and supervisors were all bullies, along with the manager. Constant gossip and rudeness. One supervisor would yell at employees AND customers. She would smoke in front of the doors on her break. She was always yelling and saying rude things to people. Tasks were expected to be completed in an unrealistic time frame. Hours were ridiculous. I was constantly called in for 3 hour shifts. And when I worked until midnight, the other cashier was done at 7 or 8 on the BUSIEST promotion days. The only thing I like about this place was I would walk to work. Other than that, this place was so horrible and I will never recommend anybody to work for this store.
Great co-workers, everyone is very considerate and friendly
Part-time Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), oshawaApril 18, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: busy busy busy
I love my job at shoppers drug mart as a pharmacy assistant, I am a student as well and my boss offers me available hours around my school schedule which is great. everyone is very friendly and welcoming, it is a very comfortable and positive environment to work in.
Productive and customer oriented
Cosmetician & Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 18, 2015
- Busy most days
- Learned cosmetic and dermatology knowledge
- Attended to each customers needs promptly and effectively
Not Bad
Supervisor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 17, 2015
Not Bad, depends on location, management team and owner. A better pay would sufficient for the amount of work expected.
Nonsensical work place terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), 260 queen street westApril 16, 2015
No shifts alot of cashier just put on standby. Never enough hours and hard time getting management to listen to your requests.
Great place to interact with people
Retail/Stock Person (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 16, 2015
Pros: 30% off anything in the store, was working with great people.
Cons: sick people coming in and out of the store, working graveyard shift, nagging customers
-Co-workers were great
-Management was awesome
-hardest part of my job would be difficult customers
-I really enjoyed organizing the shelves and cleaning
-I learned to interact more with people, as I was a very shy girl
Wonderful place to work at. Both management and staff members are very approachable and friendly. Highly recommended.
Contracts Administrator, IT Vendor Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2015
fun workplace and great staff
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), NLApril 14, 2015
stocking and receiving product both day shift and overnights. enjoyed the staff and atmosphere. rotating all over the counter stock and unloading freight before receiving.
Amazing place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: sometimes they bring food for all employes
Cons: Some busy time hard to take even lunch time, we take turns
Shopper Drug Mart is amazing place to work Nice and clean ,friendly environment,always ready to help,caring. The most hard part of the job is when receive a fake prescription. I enjoy the working with my co-workers,we always standing beside each other.

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more