Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive Workplace with minimal opportunities to grow and excel
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart working at the Post Office consists of serving customers through mailing, Money Grams and overall customer service when providing information. The job environment lacks enthusiasm as there is minimal opportunities to grow and further one's learning as well as fairness based on individual growth and reward.
Good Place to work but alot of pressure due to lack of funds to hire more employees.
Customer Service / Merchandiser (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendly staff.
Cons: had to wait a long time for head office to approve changes in store.
Learned how to merchandise in the Produce Department and how to check produce for damages and how to damage out products. Management was very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was throwing food that was slightly damaged in the garbage.
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor/Cashier/Merchandiser/Receiver (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONMarch 3, 2015
I have learned how to become more interactive with customers. The hardest part of this job is dealing with angry customers. I enjoy finding a resolution to customer issues so the customer leaves the store happy.
Typical entry level retail job
Supervisor/ Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: Never boring, cross trained in different positions Cons: always stressful, some benefits, expect management to push push push.
The store of everything
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the coworkers
Cons: not enough salary
Every basic need is applicable at this store, the people that you work with are a team, it taught me to be more patient and have more knowledge about customer service skills.
good working environment and learning opportunity
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Osoyoos, BCMarch 2, 2015
I loved to work at shoppers drug mart. My co workers were awesome and very helpful. I learned so much knowledge about pharmacy operation and system.
It was Excellent
Volunteer Pharmacist (Current Employee), CalgaryMarch 1, 2015
I was very curious to know the culture of shoppers and so started volunteering there. Hope to work for shoppers in future in Calgary.
Caring and involved employer always striving to make use of your skills
Cash Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee), Kincardine, On moving to Comox B.C.February 28, 2015
Pros: aids in your ability to progress in your career
organized, great team and family environment, utilizes skills of employees, fast paced and customer friendly, love to deal with staff and customers
Lots of great employees, and a great work environment!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Great work environment, however it would take years to advance with the company to get better wage increases. A pretty big work load (when it's busy), so some days you leave feeling a little wore down and stressed.
Very tedious work culture
Supervisor/ Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: n.a.
Cons: un managed work environment
No proper training, Work culture is not good, Management
not tolerant and sensible enough to retain employees.
Facing product is tedious and often is an excuse to exploit new
employees.

Enjoyable part is handling cash office
well it can be good but it can also be bad
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Fergus, OnFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day is very busy, pulled in many directions. I have learn how to deal with each issue as it arises. I manage employees to reach their personal best while at the same time following the needs of the day. I have great co-workers. Some need more attention that other. Some only want me to listen to them. I'm there for each and everyone of them. I support them and encourage them daily. the hardest part of my job sometimes is to keep everyone calm on busy days. Dealing with customers can be hard for anyone. For a cashier who is young with little experience it can be a nightmare. I am there for support and to take over if need be. The best part of my job is when the elderly come in to shop. They can be so sweet. Sometimes they just want to talk. Other times they need a hug or have come in to tell me that someone in their family has past away; again a hug. I love it when an employee I have not seen in a few shifts says "I have missed you". It makes my day when an employee bakes me a treat or hugs me because they are happy to be working with me. I get great joy when I can make someone laugh. Their happiness is important to me.
work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), jane ad dundasFebruary 26, 2015
typical day is has its difficulties but theyre always easily overcomed I've learned to accept people for who they are. co workers were very understanding and friendly an djust hand down family like.
Fun place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Day is busy don't know where time flies. Learn something new everyday about drugs/customers/ policy. The people are nice and always helping each other to get work done.
Too much work.
Graveyard Supervisor (Former Employee), VancouverFebruary 25, 2015
Lots of work to do at night time with little staff on. Could be helpful if they have more staff working at night time. My staff were very hard working so it makes my shift a lot easier.
good place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Everyone was always nice to me. I always was able to help someone in need at Shoppers. I learned how to multitask and how to work fast and effectively.
great small store
manager (Former Employee), north vancouver bcFebruary 23, 2015
everyone is very friendly here, staff is nice. good small community feeling. owner is great, well respected and friendly. very thankful for the opportunity
Excellent communication skill and Customer Service Approach
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 22, 2015
With my MBA from India, I have more than 10 years’ experience in Customer Service and Sales.

Presently, I am working with Shopper’s Drug Mart as Customer Service Supervisor.

I have keen interest in Banking and want to make career in this industry.

With excellent communication skill and customer service approach, I am sure I will prove myself as an asset to the bank.
I also have fluency in English and Hindi.
Good experience
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee), North Bay, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: nice management
Cons: no benefits
Great customer service experience, learn how to process lottery tickets. Gave me more knowledge with cash, and supervising front store.
great place
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Port Moody, BCFebruary 20, 2015
they evaluate customer service ... great management and amazing customer service. very professional work experience
same thing every shift
Stockperson, shipping receiving (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not dealing with a certain proplem
typical 10,hour staff i worked give me hard time not to helpful,meeting nice people when store was open ,very hard on my relaionship,

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more