Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace and great staff
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), NLApril 14, 2015
stocking and receiving product both day shift and overnights. enjoyed the staff and atmosphere. rotating all over the counter stock and unloading freight before receiving.
Amazing place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: sometimes they bring food for all employes
Cons: Some busy time hard to take even lunch time, we take turns
Shopper Drug Mart is amazing place to work Nice and clean ,friendly environment,always ready to help,caring. The most hard part of the job is when receive a fake prescription. I enjoy the working with my co-workers,we always standing beside each other.
Multi tasking job
Cashier, merchandiser, supervisor, postal clerk (Former Employee), Terrace, BCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Learning more than one area of the store.
Cons: Having to juggle all sections of the store on a daily basis.
A typical day at work would be being a cashier for part of the day,
and the rest of the day as a merchandiser.

On the odd day I would be a supervisor for the cashiers.
I would make sure everyone was doing their tasks for the day.
Making sure everyone had enough money in their tills.
Answer questions the customers had on merchandise and the prices on sale items.
Fixing any problems that might happen on the tills.
And I would cash out the cashiers and the store at the end of the day.
Plus help with putting out the merchandise, and putting up sale talkers.

I helped run the photo department.
Developing film and taking passport photos.
Answering any questions they might have on camera's.

For close to a year I was also acted as relief for the post office in the store.

I learned to juggle lots of different jobs.
The best part of the job would be the people I worked with,
they were like family.
Very intense place to work at
Delivery Manager, PMO (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Cons: very intense
Very high pressure place to work at. If you have a good team its also a fun place to be. At the end of the day you do feel satisfied at what you have accomplished.
cashier and customer service
Customer Service Rep- Cashier (Current Employee), Fort ErieApril 7, 2015
Pros: the discount
Cons: management
personally I've learned a lot being with shoppers drug mart, starting from counting tills, to refunds, to stock, to overall customer service

the management was ok

the most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting more people from my community
Flexibililty
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: operational hours
I have stayed at Shoppers as long as I have because of the flexibility it has for scheduling. It's fast paced and very demanding.
Moderate paced with moderate - heavy workload
Merchandiser, Cashier, Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: 30% discount off regular priced items
Cons: No full time hours
Shoppers Drug Mart has been my highest achievement thus far, regarding my ability to prove my worth and earn my keep. a typical day at Shoppers included ensuring all store areas were tidy and exceeding expectations, product availability, customer service, FIFO (Rotation of Stock), and making sure that there was a product flow from Overstock to the Sales Floor to the customer. Ergo, upselling or "spotlighting" products based on popularity or product(s) being on sale.
I learned how to organize my time and prioritize my duties so I could estimate a timeframe to complete my tasking(s).
Management was inefficient when it came to honouring policies and procedures and made some work difficult to complete. However, such anomalies forced many of my co-workers to work together and find new ways to maintain our stores goals.
My co-workers were very friendly and happy to help each other.
The most difficult part of the job was when we were over-tasked and being pressured by our supervisors to complete everything in an unrealistic time.
My favourite part of the job was on Fridays when we took down our sales flyer. Either all or selected merchandisers would take down the sale tags (talkers). this job required exceptional attention to detail as the tags would range in font size and could be hidden behind floorstands, products and accompanied by later dated talkers.
very busy store
Supervisor/Front end customer service (Current Employee), cornwall, ontarioApril 2, 2015
Pros: good staff discount
Cons: not enough staff coverage at times
very busy at times especially on seniors day
i learned a lot especially time management
love my boss
co-workers are great
hardest part of the job are rude customers
enjoyable part of the job is seeing my new hires succeed
No advancement opportunities and poor wages.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Various TorontoApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good learning environment
Cons: Unappreciated and underpaid
i was a Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Technician for nearly 15 years. During my time there, I did have the opportunity to learn a lot of things however, once I became proficient and had the ability to train others the problems began. I worked for several associates during this time and was asked repeatedly to train new or less experienced staff which I was more than happy to do. Unfortunately after I trained the staff so that they were able to work in the pharmacy independently I would conveniently be given a non-causal dismissal. I feel that my contributions and experience were not appreciated. What a slap in the face. To train, develop and help strengthen the pharmacy team only to be let go once complete. It's an okay job but I wouldn't recommend it as a career
Great Place
Pharmacy TEchnician (Current Employee), Sick kids hospitalMarch 31, 2015
Cons: Less advancements
its a great place to be - to be social - but with very les advancement oppurtunities

great people here

hardest art is cashing customers out
Fast paced yet enjoyable and exciting
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Great Manager and Associate
A typical day would include alot of physical labor which I enjoy to an extent. However having learnt how to schedule employees, place orders, event planning and purchasing etc brought more interest and excitement into the job. My co-workers and I all get along well and having such diverse backgrounds helps in building interest and in teamwork.
Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMarch 30, 2015
good hours, good pay, reasonable management,
working on holidays was good, got time 1/2
good environment
overall would recommend working here
Lots of fun
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good discounts
Cons: Shifts till midnight
Typical duties at work:
- Provide superior customer service and identify customer needs and sells through demonstration and education.
- Promotes sales of cosmetic products, provide information on new or existing products, services and promotions.

Experience I gained at shoppers helped me to work in a big team and increased my knowledge about beauty products.
It was a great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Being in charge
As a supervisor I had a lot of responsibility and the management gave me full access to do the job I was given..The people were great to work for and some people I do miss..I loved working in the Post Office..Balancing of nightly deposits were a challenge..
Post office
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey BCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Discounts are available
Cons: Long hours
Answering customer’s telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner
Stocking merchandise according to the post office merchandising layouts
Answering questions regarding mail regulations and procedures, postage rates, and post office
boxes.
Keeping money drawers in order and balancing daily transactions
Sorting incoming and outgoing mail, according to type and destination
management can make or break a store. you broke it.
Cosmetician/ Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Calgary ABMarch 28, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: bad management !!!!!
a typical day at work:
consisted of me, cleaning up after my co workers
cleaning the entire cosmetics area
facing multiple areas
helping costumers find makeup, skincare, and perfumes

what i learned:
not much, my manager basically ignored me because i had already worked at a shoppers before. what she failed too realize is most shoppers differ from each other leaving me looking stupid when she says "yea we don't do that here."

also, don't change your availability before your 3 months, they will fire you, even if you have school.

management:
worst. manager. ever.
i have worked for people that have tried to deny me overtime pay and i would rate the cosmetics manager lower than them.
she made up her own rules that are NOT shoppers drug mart policy
examples: denying me a PDT log in. denying me makeup brushes (i need those to do my job) and saying "its o-k if the testers are expired, just leave them out." gross. taking shifts and hours away without telling me, and not caring whether it impacts me.

co workers:
did not get too know the cosmetics staff much (they were very quiet)
the cashiers and merchandisers were mostly friendly and i had no issues with the rest of the staff.

the hardest part of my job:
not quitting. i wrote out a dozen notices. the only reason i didn't was because it was close to home and easy to get there.

most enjoyable part of my job:
when i told her i was not coming in the next day.good luck finding someone who wants 10- 15 hours a week. not livable.

also the discount is great!

P.S i am NOT blaming shoppers, its all about who manages.
the staff can change a store dramatically. i have worked at 2 other shoppers and was never this disrespected. i am only leaving this bad review to warn people that they should not put up with this from a professional employer ever!
Great Work Place If You Have The Right Boss
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good hours, good pay, easy work
Cons: Management there can be really horrible
Loved working at Shoppers Drug Mart
Got great hours and had no trouble working around my schedule
The only down side was, when we got a new supervisor at one point that was a complete nightmare to work for
Productive and fun work place.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: optimum card is excellent.
Cons: open 24 hrs.
It"s a wonderful company to work for, the staff are amazing and the customers also. fun work place and very relaxed atmosphere.
Great Company
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee), OshawaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great staff, great hours, amazing customers
Cons: Management needed improvement, needs a new front store manager.
overall Shoppers drug mart is a great company to work for, it was the management that needed some improvement the front store manager seemed to know little about what there job entitled.
Its hard working as graveyard but with full of challenges.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 25, 2015
- I worked on a retail store as Graveyard Supervisor, As a supervisor you should report directly to your Head Supervisor, actually its not a typical work for me because i'm working graveyard and that's the hardest shift to each and everyone. I learned to be so strong and very appreciative especially to my customers every night. The management is not treating us in a balance way due that we are only two working at night doing all the cash services, merchandising, stocking up, customer information all at the same time. We're all doing multi-tasking positions. My co-worker is very slow to her position, she was expecting me to do most of the work. The hardest part is doing merchandising, stocking, cashiering and others at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i finished early, i can stock up the merchandise, and doing low stocking at the same time. It depends on grave yard shift work, if your dealing through phone with customer its easy because you only get his/her complains, problems, and solve it at the same time. And you can do some cross selling through phone. You can accommodate at the same time talking and typing all the information of the customers.

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more