Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced Environment, working with the public
Postal Clerk/Supervisor (Current Employee), North York, ONApril 22, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: growth
* interacting with customers on day-to-day basis
*patience
*management is willing to help you, discuss improvements
*co-workers encourages team work
*resolution to matters that are not in your hands
*knowing that a customer was satisfied with the job you done
Really busy day helping customers and friendly environment
Front Store supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: discount in products
Cons: uniforms are old fashion.
Any day start with smiles and salutes, after that every body have goals to reach during the shift, with out forgetting about taking care of customers.
fun place to work
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee), vaughan, ontarioApril 20, 2014
can be fun and stressful
if work in a 9-mid night front store, it can be quite stressful
Great work place and great boss
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Park Place Mall Lethbridge AlbertaApril 20, 2014
Meet all kinds of people from all walks of life. People with disabilities and illness having a tough go of it & I get to make their day as well as their lives better by doing my job...
Good Helpful
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCApril 19, 2014
Hi
I have been looking for job and this website is very helpful for me to find a job that I was looking for and SDM has excellent opportunity for new pharmacist and I love SDM workflow.
Good work place...
Sr Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2014
Very good work place. More opportunities for learning. Nice co-workers.
Not fun, no benefits, sexist
Cashier, in Photo Dept and as a Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABApril 14, 2014
Pros: close by
Cons: management
poor management, made the guys do all the heavy lifting and girls did nothing. Horrible hours, and low pay.
very good company to work in
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 14, 2014
very good management, lot to learn in retail, very helpful co-workers and management
Limited
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 14, 2014
Growth in the industry is very bleak, and there is no room for growth
Secure job with great benefits
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 13, 2014
Pros: employee discounts and incentives
Cons: occasional lack of staffing
I have worked at a few different Shoppers Drug Marts since 2007. There is a comfort level when working at Shoppers Drug Mart. There is job security and the standards are consistent at every location I have worked at. I have built relationships with co-workers at each location. I highly enjoyed the encouragement to grow within the company and advancements.
Good
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 11, 2014
Pros: 30% discount
Cons: too far from school and home
I love working at shoppers, it is a great place to work. I learned a lot from my coworkers and from my managers.
Enjoyed working as the staff are very friendly
COSMETICIAN, CASHIER, PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Summerside,PEApril 10, 2014
I worked in a few sections therefore my tasks varied. Customer service and dealing with transactions at the cash register were typical in all different sections of the store. I learned many things working in the pharmacy and cosmetics. In the pharmacy, I learned how to prioritize work as there were many concurrent tasks assigned at once, also I learned – more... about different medications and their uses. In cosmetics, I was taught how to recommend products that suited individuals needs by using my knowledge on different products and the benefits they have to different skin types. I also learned to work under a sales system as there were specific sales targets assigned to us each day. – less
Productive and friendly work environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Red Deer, AlbertaApril 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working with Shoppers Drug Mart is being in contact with customers and ensuring they have a great experience while visiting the company. The company has strong beliefs in charity and helping others be their best which is another reason why a job at Shoppers Drug Mart is great and very inspiring.
on my experience at shoppers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Innisfail, ABApril 8, 2014
Pros: break times
Cons: too high of expectations for someone who was pregnant
everything at shoppers was really good i was pregnant at the time unfortunately they had cut my hours back before my mat leave which didnt help me at all
Excellent place to work with opportunity for advancement
Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Whitby and Port PerryApril 8, 2014
Shoppers drug mart is an excellent company. With locations across the country they make it very easy to transfer and choose the location you'd like to work at. They offer competitive wages and excellent health benefits.
Overall a great employer.
Casual employment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: shoppers discount
Cons: no set hours
Can be very busy, has helped me greatly with priority setting and constantly learning and getting me ready to become regulated.
Busy enviroment. Respectful management
Merchandiser, Cashier (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 6, 2014
Show up and head to the back of the store where the product was and load out as much merchandise as possible and help out customers as they come in and ask questions.
Great learning experience
Cosmetician / Cosmetics Merchandiser / Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2014
I am a hard working individual who can work as a team or on my own with little or no supervision. I am punctual and reliable. I am always willing to gain more knowledge to increase my skills and experiences. I work quickly and efficiently to meet customers' needs. I look forward to a long term employment with any company who is willing to hire me as – more... a dedicated employee. – less
A hard place to work, but at the same time easy and interesting
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), richmond hill, ONApril 3, 2014
As a new Comer in Canada, SDM is the one of the best place for anyone who wants to upgrade themselves for living and working in a new country with different cultures and rules. There are a lot of thing to learn every single day. There are people ,so nice and friendly who are really pleased to help you to settle down in there if you really want to.
Front Store Manager (Current Employee), London OntarioApril 2, 2014
Hardest part of Job is companay always wants more with less resources.

Great group of people to work with

Enjoy going to work and making customers happy

I have learned to deal with mnay different people and personalities

Enjoy going to work and striving to get most out of employees

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos