Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Regular retail
Cash Manager (Former Employee), OntarioDecember 3, 2015
Your days will go by very quickly working at a Shoppers Drug Mart retail location, which is definitely a perk. Each day can bring new experiences and there will always be the regular customers that are friendly and great to have conversations with.
Hard Working and Enjoyable place to be
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable and friendly place to work.
Cons: Long hours
On a typical day at work i usually head to the cash register to do my job as a cashier. One of the cons are that we have long hours and one of the pros are that costumers are very kind and enjoyable to talk to. My manager is a very intelligent kind-hearted person who knows how to solve any problem. All of my co-workers are always on
task and hard working like me. The hardest part of my job is finding time for myself and my family. But i love coming in every morning to work because of my wonderful surroundings. In conclusion, Shoppers Drug Mart is a very happy and enjoyable place to be.
Worst location.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 30, 2015
I worked at shoppers for year and a half, it started off great, I had no complaints. In 2013 I was in the process of getting benefits so I had to work 38 hours consecutively for 3 months to quality. During the probation period I was in a car accident so I had to take 3 weeks off. After returning I was expecting to get the same amount of hours as before..no. I had the worst treatment, I was given 20 or so hours and then when I questioned it I was told it had to start over because of the time I took off. On top of that the management was catty, immature, disrespectful, unorganized, rude, and offensive. After about 4-5 months of being back I quit because I was sick of the stupidity my store had. I'm sure if i were to work at a different Shoppers it would have been different. Though, because I quit without giving the desired two weeks notice, I was told I'm unable to work at another Shoppers.
best place to work ever
Reciever/merchandiser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: grumpy sick sore customers
I loved my job there, the people were wonderful, the customers were come see come saw, but customer service is never always easy, there one in every family and we get every family to shoppers drugmart at one time or another.
Amazing place, learned lots from them.
CASHIER (Current Employee), London, ONNovember 29, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: not enough shifts
I would put out stock, face all of our products on the floor, help customers with all their questions, and help out fellow coworkers whenever I could. I learned the register and cash with them, I learned how to stock shelves and put it away in the back, how to clean the store and face all the products so they would look presentable for the next day. I learned customer service and how to speak to the general public and how to deal with possibly difficult situations. I learned how to work in the post office. Send packages, letters, money grams, money orders, deal with a lot of money. The management was great. She took into account everyone's needs and wants and she was kind to all of us. Coworkers were great, I loved working as a team and individually at points. The hardest part is ost certainly cranky customers, but nothing I couldn't handle. I loved everything else.
Busy, but satisfying work
Assistant Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Guelph, ONNovember 27, 2015
I enjoyed working with shoppers drug mart. They were always busy and made me feel like i was contributing towards the greater good. I had a lot of time to learn and grow.
Not a purposeful place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Good discount
Cons: No creative outlet, can be very long and tedious
Very inconsistent management and poor adherence to workplace health standards while under construction. Lots of hour availability with hours but no flexibility with re-scheduling.

Lack of team enthusiasm and hard work ethic...severely low morale which makes productivity and efficiency very difficult for those committed to high job performance. There is a strong lack of communication and coordination among co-workers to take breaks, many people who take longer breaks than the appropriate time allotted, and many times when they get away with it because they have close connections with the supervisor/manager.

Have expressed interest in training for higher positions because of my capability to handle more responsibility and more consistent hours. But there seems to be no movement and therefore, I feel stuck in a role that I can't be of more value and contribution to the company success.
Dynamic workplace
Assistant Pharmacist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 23, 2015
- Acquired necessary Pharmaceutical experience with real-life medical cases
- Learned the basics of AssistRx software
Patient care and management in a very fast environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 22, 2015
Pros: Never dull because it's an extremely busy store
Cons: Can be tough to manage the rush at times
400 prescriptions per day on average with patients ranging from infants all the way to senior home care residents. Never a slow day or night due to the prime location of the pharmacy and the hours of operation (24/365).
Fun and Hard working Place
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 18, 2015
It is a fun place and a very hard working environment. I would usually help in putting away stock and helping cash out medication. Also I would file prescriptions.
A very busy and friendly environment
cashier/supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 18, 2015
Pros: We would recieve frre pizza and other great lunches on fridays.
The staff and supervisors there are very friendly and easy to get along with but are still very professional. I found the environment comfortable to work in.
10/10
Cashier, Sales, and Stock (Former Employee), White Rock, BCNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Discounted chocolate
Cons: Working on Christmas Eve
I would either be on cash for most or all of the day or I would have a spare till in and be on call while doing merchandise stock work, or doing stock for food department could consume a whole shift, also while being on call for cash register.
I learned how to be significantly efficient with my time.
Co-workers were friendly & team players.
Being needed in 3 different areas of the store at once.
I created a lot of good customer relationships.
Pharmacy Assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONNovember 16, 2015
I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart as pharmacy assistant community pharmacy. Excellent place to work with and it was an outstanding learning experience.

Loved being employee of Shoppers Drug Mart.
Fun workplace, decent hours.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 16, 2015
Learned how to cash out customers in a timely fashion while promoting the rewards card. Enjoyed working with my co-workers as well as the management.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly team members.
Stock Person (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts on products
Cons: Difficult people
A day at work is exciting. Everyday is something new. To wake up and gain skills is truly a blessing. A typical day at work would start off by welcoming customers and stocking shelves back and fourth. The most enjoyable part I could honestly say is meeting new peop.le everyday.
shoppers drug mart
Cashier (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABNovember 12, 2015
I worked there as cashier, I didn't enjoy being cashier full time
lovely people that work there though I enjoyed being around them
my favourite section would be the makeup and hair.
Stable, steady work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Parksville, BCNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Coffee breaks, opportunity for advancement
Cons: Not very exciting
Shoppers Drug Mart was my first workplace, so I learned a lot from them. They taught me the basics such as how to operate a cash register, and I later learned how to handle customers efficiently and courteously.
Good workplace up front, but bad behind the doors
Cashier | Photo Department | Merchandiser (Current Employee), Fonthill, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: good staff
Cons: Horrible management
Shoppers over all is a good place to work, though once you get behind what you see on the floor its horrible. Management is unfair, not caring of anyone other than themselves. Doesn't know how to separate real life drama from work drama. Flips out over the smallest thing. Owner doesn't go with conflict or listens to reason, always sides with management even when theyre in the wrong.
really boring place when you feel they are pushing you out
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: you are supposed to stay extra
Cons: bad treat
really not secure even if you are working for many years. raciste
like if the manager is chinese most of the employees should be the same background. if a new pharmacist is hired and doesn't appreciate your job you will be pushed out easily no matter what.
very cultural,busy environment ,unprofessional,
beauty expert (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB (Meadows)November 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons: not much training, management not so friendly, unprofessional environment
great place to work ,not always very friendly management and very different culture . wage isn't bad however if you don't fit in you will be dismissed with very little notice .
Headquarters