Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMarch 30, 2015
good hours, good pay, reasonable management,
working on holidays was good, got time 1/2
good environment
overall would recommend working here
Lots of fun
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good discounts
Cons: Shifts till midnight
Typical duties at work:
- Provide superior customer service and identify customer needs and sells through demonstration and education.
- Promotes sales of cosmetic products, provide information on new or existing products, services and promotions.

Experience I gained at shoppers helped me to work in a big team and increased my knowledge about beauty products.
It was a great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Being in charge
As a supervisor I had a lot of responsibility and the management gave me full access to do the job I was given..The people were great to work for and some people I do miss..I loved working in the Post Office..Balancing of nightly deposits were a challenge..
Post office
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Surrey BCMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Discounts are available
Cons: Long hours
Answering customer’s telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner
Stocking merchandise according to the post office merchandising layouts
Answering questions regarding mail regulations and procedures, postage rates, and post office
boxes.
Keeping money drawers in order and balancing daily transactions
Sorting incoming and outgoing mail, according to type and destination
management can make or break a store. you broke it.
Cosmetician/ Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Calgary ABMarch 28, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: bad management !!!!!
a typical day at work:
consisted of me, cleaning up after my co workers
cleaning the entire cosmetics area
facing multiple areas
helping costumers find makeup, skincare, and perfumes

what i learned:
not much, my manager basically ignored me because i had already worked at a shoppers before. what she failed too realize is most shoppers differ from each other leaving me looking stupid when she says "yea we don't do that here."

also, don't change your availability before your 3 months, they will fire you, even if you have school.

management:
worst. manager. ever.
i have worked for people that have tried to deny me overtime pay and i would rate the cosmetics manager lower than them.
she made up her own rules that are NOT shoppers drug mart policy
examples: denying me a PDT log in. denying me makeup brushes (i need those to do my job) and saying "its o-k if the testers are expired, just leave them out." gross. taking shifts and hours away without telling me, and not caring whether it impacts me.

co workers:
did not get too know the cosmetics staff much (they were very quiet)
the cashiers and merchandisers were mostly friendly and i had no issues with the rest of the staff.

the hardest part of my job:
not quitting. i wrote out a dozen notices. the only reason i didn't was because it was close to home and easy to get there.

most enjoyable part of my job:
when i told her i was not coming in the next day.good luck finding someone who wants 10- 15 hours a week. not livable.

also the discount is great!

P.S i am NOT blaming shoppers, its all about who manages.
the staff can change a store dramatically. i have worked at 2 other shoppers and was never this disrespected. i am only leaving this bad review to warn people that they should not put up with this from a professional employer ever!
Great Work Place If You Have The Right Boss
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good hours, good pay, easy work
Cons: Management there can be really horrible
Loved working at Shoppers Drug Mart
Got great hours and had no trouble working around my schedule
The only down side was, when we got a new supervisor at one point that was a complete nightmare to work for
Productive and fun work place.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 27, 2015
Pros: optimum card is excellent.
Cons: open 24 hrs.
It"s a wonderful company to work for, the staff are amazing and the customers also. fun work place and very relaxed atmosphere.
Great Company
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee), OshawaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great staff, great hours, amazing customers
Cons: Management needed improvement, needs a new front store manager.
overall Shoppers drug mart is a great company to work for, it was the management that needed some improvement the front store manager seemed to know little about what there job entitled.
Its hard working as graveyard but with full of challenges.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 25, 2015
- I worked on a retail store as Graveyard Supervisor, As a supervisor you should report directly to your Head Supervisor, actually its not a typical work for me because i'm working graveyard and that's the hardest shift to each and everyone. I learned to be so strong and very appreciative especially to my customers every night. The management is not treating us in a balance way due that we are only two working at night doing all the cash services, merchandising, stocking up, customer information all at the same time. We're all doing multi-tasking positions. My co-worker is very slow to her position, she was expecting me to do most of the work. The hardest part is doing merchandising, stocking, cashiering and others at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i finished early, i can stock up the merchandise, and doing low stocking at the same time. It depends on grave yard shift work, if your dealing through phone with customer its easy because you only get his/her complains, problems, and solve it at the same time. And you can do some cross selling through phone. You can accommodate at the same time talking and typing all the information of the customers.
Fun place to start
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent Discounts
Cons: Retail Hours
Shoppers Drug Mart was an excellent company for someone entering the workforce in a retail environment. Room for growth as my position went from Cashier to Assistant Manager in a few short years.
More expected from you than typical retail setting, however this means more opportunity for advancement and learning.
merchandiser/cashier/receiver (Current Employee), SaanichtonMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits if full time
Cons: corporate involvement
High stress environment because of corporate Shoppers active involvement and sometimes unrealistic expectations of individual stores. Job itself is good learning opportunity, multiple departments in the store so room for knowledge growth,
Productive, Great co-workers
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Fonthill, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: awesome management
Cons: no full time hours available
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart as a cashier would start by counting my till to make sure that I have the right amount of float money, then I would go out on the floor and begin my work day by providing efficient and effective customer service to everyone, at the end of my shift I would re-count my till to make sure I was not over or short. While working at Shoppers Drug Mart, I have learned to work as a team and I have also learned how to work in a fast paced environment.
customer service
cashier (Former Employee), toronto, ontMarch 23, 2015
I liked this job but didn't get the hours I wanted so was very hard to handle with a child so I eventually had to find a better paying job. Management and co workers were awesome to work with.
working as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2015
Pros: very friendly staff
Cons: sometimes no break
This was my job so I really enjoyed the experience. I learned to deal with lottery and tobacco and took a lottery training class which I got a completion card for. This was also my first time providing customer service so the experience was quite interesting. I dealt with all types of people and went through a lot of different phases. I worked long hours and I really enjoyed that because I am very hard working and don't mind the pressure. I basically dealt with cash and customers which is a fun experience itself. I loved the people I worked with they gave me the best first job experience ever. Hardest part of my job was learning to deal with impatient customers but because of the people I worked with even that became very easy in no time. I had one of the best management groups and am very satisfied with my first job.
Shoppers
Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: hours are great
Cons: time management by managers of work to be done is terrible
Jobs are straightforward and time consuming. Tasks are easily done but the amount given in the hours set is not comparable

Overall experience is great, as it has given me knowledge in attention to detail, time management and customer service.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
cashier supervisor and Pharmacy Technician
responsible of opening and closing the store
processing customer transactions
contacting insurance companies
dispensing pills and labeling prescription bottles
balancing and counting registers
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: volunteer experience, free lunch!
I've volunteered at Shoppers Drug Mart, quite a few times.
Gala Events, where I'd cook hot dogs and greet customers.
Also I volunteered taking donations and give information to guests about the Haven Society Fundraiser, while giving away snacks.
Supervisor at Shoppers Drug Mart
Supervisor (Current Employee), scarborough, ontarioMarch 13, 2015
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is making sure deposits is done from previous day and correct paperwork procedures are maintained. Also train new employees and make sure head office standards are maintained. Hence, have regular customers due to excellent customer service skills. Co-workers are very friendly and we have become a family from the 3 years I have been working there. The hardest part of this job is to keep focused and not worry about the gossip that goes around the company. Most enjoyable part of my job is maintaining a good relationship with all my employees.
excellent customer service
Merchandising and Cashier Duties (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2015
open and close store.
main cashier
count lotto money
stock shelf
maintain a clean work environment
assist customers in need
Fun coworkers, terrible management, no room for growth
Part Time Post Office Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Thorncliffe, Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: regular customers, staff bonding days (christmas party, spring bbq)
Cons: bad management, low wages, no benefits package
Working in the post office for 3 years allowed me to make many friends, and meet a lot of new people. However, it also pressed my patience with the management and other co-workers. The raises are .25-.50 cents once a year. There was no room for growth in the company. Everyone that worked management had been there for YEARS and truly deserved the position they held, although that means that those of us who were newcomers had no where to go within the company. No benefits package, unless you worked a full-time managerial position. The best part was seeing the "regulars" each week.

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more