Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was ok
STOCKS PERSON (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2015
great place to work, stressful but you learn a lot of stuff. the place i worked at was incredibly dirty. but you earned some decent money so it was ok
Good training program.
cashier/merchandiser/photo lab tech (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good place for young people to work.
Cons: No upward movement.
Good place to develop social skills and meet new people. Very good place to work while going to skill. Decent benefits and training program.
It was a fun time while it lasted...
Renovations Crew (Former Employee), Penticton, BCJune 16, 2015
I was only hired for a month contract, for renovations, which is a bummer considering I enjoyed the job.
Management was good, coworkers were nice, nothing seemed to be bad about it.
Loved working here!
Beauty expert / Cosmetician (Current Employee), Bathurst, NBJune 16, 2015
Pros: Discount, Lots of free lunches or suppers, Good job benefits (full time), Good opportunities
Cons: Lot of pressure to sell
this is by far the best job I've ever had. The manager is great, the whole staff is great! You get a lot of learning opportunities and take some interesting courses online (for cosmeticians). My responsibilities were to assist costumers and help them find the right products for them, work at the cash, clean, stock and face the shelves, do skin analyses and do makeup applications.
word days
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: somedays we got free subway for working really good
Cons: i would stay an extra 30mins to get a job done
i learned alot from my co-workers they like i parted my difference from the other workers and worked with them like they were family
Don't be afraid to get messy
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 15, 2015
While working for this company, I got to see what it takes to clean up after fires, floods and other disasters that can cause havoc on buildings in the city.

When I started, we were restoring the ground floor of the college. It was brutal at the start, because I wasn't used to heavy lifting or working long hours. But by the end, I watched the finished product come together, and it was truly inspiring.
Full time hours appreciated
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 11, 2015
Pros: Many hours
Cons: Short staffed; over worked when requested days off with appropriate notice.
Although at the time I was a full time worker here, I was still doing online classes and had requested specific days off that I was able to work on it. On most occasions I was not granted these days, which was very inconvenient. With this being said, I did like all the hours they were giving me, just not on the days I had preferred.
However, I did learn a lot when employed here. I was taught how to handle/manage a till. I also had multiple occasions with hands on learning in regards to, lottery, merchandise, handling money and especially customer service.
Good job for students / Seniors
Front Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: Employees discount, Safe working environment.
Cons: Negative working environment, Very stressful., Too many non-essential daily tasks and checklists, Corporate Office resources are very disrespectful towards store management teams, Not enough labor hours to operate the business effectively. Heavy workload.
This company is top heavy and treats their store management teams with no respect at all. Corporate Office uses fear and intimidation to motivate. There are too many non-essential make-work projects and daily checklists that staff can't keep up with. Corporate Office always cutting back so many hours in the stores that t has a very negative impact on customer service and staff morale. This is a good job for a p/t student or senior but not a good choice if you're looking for a career in retail management.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONJune 10, 2015
my typical day at shoppers drug mart is working in retail and helping customers find makeup and/or skincare. The hardest part of the job is trying to educate customers about skincare. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people everyday and able to give them the knowledge about skincare and makeup.
Great environment to work in.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Very positive work environment
Cons: Not enough shifts
Working is alright the shift and work tasks are basic.Co-workers are great and very positive. Learned how to pay attention to detail and organize the store.
Great place to work !!
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Meet lots of new people
Cons: Low salary
Great job, lots of room to improve. Started as a merchandiser and then became a cosmetician. Great management and environment.
Great Place to Work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 8, 2015
• maintained stock on the floor
• Provided cashier assistance when understaffed
• Organize and clean up
• Assisted customers with inquiries and concerns
Typical retail store
Merchandiser/Post Office/Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 7, 2015
Shoppers is a typical retail chain store with all of its ups and downs. Good place to work on customer service and to get a grounding with customers, also able to learn other skills that can help with other jobs and in life.
Good team spirit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Fellow employees.
Cons: OPEN CHRISTMAS DAY
Working in the photo lab presented it's challenges as the processing machines were often breaking down. Fortunately they are no longer used as this is now computerized. Most customers were understanding & corrected the problem as quickly as possible.Assisted on cash & stocking shelves as needed. Great team & management to work with.Hardest part of job was again the failure of the photo processing machines. The most enjoyable part was having a customer leaving satisfied with the assistance they received.
Depends on the Management
Merchandiser/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers
Cons: Horrible Management
Working at Shoppers Drug mart has for the most part been an enjoyable learning experience. I have enjoyed working with my fellow employees and meeting new people.

I have picked up many different skills such as handling cash, managing time and communication skills throughout my time working there.

Some difficulties working there was dealing with new management.
The new management was horrible.Workers were all bullied, along with the supervisors by the new management.Tasks were expected to be completed in an unrealistic time frame. Hours were ridiculous.
a second home
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: long hours
Shoppers Drug Mart was my very first job, as a cashier i was new to the idea of working, but management made me feel very comfortable. When our hours changed from 10 pm to 12 am, i had mentioned i felt a little intimidating closing by myself at such late hours, and so the accommodated me until i felt comfortable again. Few times did a customer wrongly blame the cashiers for when a price was mismatched, and management really took our side and defended. After being there for a long time, i took interested in the photo lab department, it became evident that during the slow times i could handle both departments and so i received proper training to officially work the department. The most challenging part was making sure the passport photos were taken to perfection and met the government standards.
Friendly and Fun
BEAUTY EXPERT (Current Employee), toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Great time working with the staff, selling products i am passionate about. Genuinely enjoyed going to work. I worked parttime for this company for a very long time because it was enjoyable. I would like to work for corporate but there was little advancement opportunities.
Co Op student at a Pharmacy
Pharmacy Personnel (Co-op) (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: knowing the names of the types of pills
It was a great experience for me working in a pharmacy as a co op student in high school seeing the everyday life of a pharmacist. A typical day at work for me was just cleaning and organizing the bottles by order couldn't do much. The management was very good and i learned the pharmacist has a very big roll per day at work they have responsibility of everything and assistants have a lot to. Hardest part of the job was organization by names of the pills never heard of any of them. Most enjoyable was the experience i had at the pharmacy but i now know its not the job for me.
Very productive, energetic and creative environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Scarborough ,OntarioMay 30, 2015
Pros: Understanding mangement
Cons: Staying back after some shifts
A Typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart would go in helping and solving customer problems and doing regular merchandising stuff. I learned a lot of leadership skills from this institution. The management at the store was cooperating and understanding and the employees were also very nice. The hardest part of the job was getting heavy deliveries like of milk and eggs and storing them back into the fridge. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co - employees with whom you have mutually understanding relationship and with whom you can finish tasks quickly
Great atmopshere, Great people
Cosmeticion (Current Employee), Niagara, ONMay 28, 2015
Everyday at work I go over any memos I need to catch up on(any new promos or merch that is going on in the store. I have learned that It is really important to know the ins and out of each department not only my own. The management at shoppers is really approachable and easy to talk to and they have a great family like atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is making sure I greet every single customer that walks into the doors. They are really strict about this and want to make sure not one person passes without saying a friendly greeting. Its hard because I cant walk away from the front for very long and a lot of our product is far from the front. I love being able to find products that customer not only loves but gets amazing points just by spending money.

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more