Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to start
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Excellent Discounts
Cons: Retail Hours
Shoppers Drug Mart was an excellent company for someone entering the workforce in a retail environment. Room for growth as my position went from Cashier to Assistant Manager in a few short years.
More expected from you than typical retail setting, however this means more opportunity for advancement and learning.
merchandiser/cashier/receiver (Current Employee), SaanichtonMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits if full time
Cons: corporate involvement
High stress environment because of corporate Shoppers active involvement and sometimes unrealistic expectations of individual stores. Job itself is good learning opportunity, multiple departments in the store so room for knowledge growth,
Productive, Great co-workers
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Fonthill, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: awesome management
Cons: no full time hours available
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart as a cashier would start by counting my till to make sure that I have the right amount of float money, then I would go out on the floor and begin my work day by providing efficient and effective customer service to everyone, at the end of my shift I would re-count my till to make sure I was not over or short. While working at Shoppers Drug Mart, I have learned to work as a team and I have also learned how to work in a fast paced environment.
customer service
cashier (Former Employee), toronto, ontMarch 23, 2015
I liked this job but didn't get the hours I wanted so was very hard to handle with a child so I eventually had to find a better paying job. Management and co workers were awesome to work with.
working as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2015
Pros: very friendly staff
Cons: sometimes no break
This was my job so I really enjoyed the experience. I learned to deal with lottery and tobacco and took a lottery training class which I got a completion card for. This was also my first time providing customer service so the experience was quite interesting. I dealt with all types of people and went through a lot of different phases. I worked long hours and I really enjoyed that because I am very hard working and don't mind the pressure. I basically dealt with cash and customers which is a fun experience itself. I loved the people I worked with they gave me the best first job experience ever. Hardest part of my job was learning to deal with impatient customers but because of the people I worked with even that became very easy in no time. I had one of the best management groups and am very satisfied with my first job.
Shoppers
Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: hours are great
Cons: time management by managers of work to be done is terrible
Jobs are straightforward and time consuming. Tasks are easily done but the amount given in the hours set is not comparable

Overall experience is great, as it has given me knowledge in attention to detail, time management and customer service.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2015
cashier supervisor and Pharmacy Technician
responsible of opening and closing the store
processing customer transactions
contacting insurance companies
dispensing pills and labeling prescription bottles
balancing and counting registers
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: volunteer experience, free lunch!
I've volunteered at Shoppers Drug Mart, quite a few times.
Gala Events, where I'd cook hot dogs and greet customers.
Also I volunteered taking donations and give information to guests about the Haven Society Fundraiser, while giving away snacks.
Supervisor at Shoppers Drug Mart
Supervisor (Current Employee), scarborough, ontarioMarch 13, 2015
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is making sure deposits is done from previous day and correct paperwork procedures are maintained. Also train new employees and make sure head office standards are maintained. Hence, have regular customers due to excellent customer service skills. Co-workers are very friendly and we have become a family from the 3 years I have been working there. The hardest part of this job is to keep focused and not worry about the gossip that goes around the company. Most enjoyable part of my job is maintaining a good relationship with all my employees.
excellent customer service
Merchandising and Cashier Duties (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 12, 2015
open and close store.
main cashier
count lotto money
stock shelf
maintain a clean work environment
assist customers in need
Fun coworkers, terrible management, no room for growth
Part Time Post Office Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Thorncliffe, Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: regular customers, staff bonding days (christmas party, spring bbq)
Cons: bad management, low wages, no benefits package
Working in the post office for 3 years allowed me to make many friends, and meet a lot of new people. However, it also pressed my patience with the management and other co-workers. The raises are .25-.50 cents once a year. There was no room for growth in the company. Everyone that worked management had been there for YEARS and truly deserved the position they held, although that means that those of us who were newcomers had no where to go within the company. No benefits package, unless you worked a full-time managerial position. The best part was seeing the "regulars" each week.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Typical day at work would be easy tasks to be done, great costumer service provided. Fun environment and well organized work place. Friendly staff, great team members.
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 11, 2015
I have worked at shoppers for three years now. It is a great part-time job to start off with. It is easy yet fun. It can be stressful at times but in the end it is all worth it. I love the people at my store... they make the shifts go by and make it fun.
As part of the management team I was able to suggest and implement fund raising events, such as - BBQ for the Women's Shelter - Breast Cancer Society,
Customer Supervisor/Head cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: i worked close to work
Cons: having to work unscheduled double shifts, but it has to be done.
Prepare and organize myself and staff for daily functioning of store. Daily balancing and deposits,point of sales. Stock ordering, labels. Merchandising, invoices, returns. Customer inquires or concerns . Recruit and train new employees. Preparation for inventory. Meeting with management team for updates, concerns. Loss prevention (cash audits daily, stock audits daily) Meeting with Head Office to discuss sales gains/ losses.
I worked along with my staff. If something was incorrect I spoke and showed them how to do things in a positive manner.
It was hard to find out that an employee was involved in theft of money or merchandise which led to termination.
I find my day enjoyable when it is busy, it keeps me on my toes.
Awesome
Co-Op Student (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 8, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: nothing
I worked at shoppers drugmart as a coop student on 2 seperate occasions and the both were amazing educational experience
Shoppers Drug Mart
Cosmetician/Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Kincardine, OntarioMarch 5, 2015
Pros: providing a service to people
Cons: competing for hours
A typical day at work included customer service, greeting everyone that walked through the door, handling currency, selling customers on various products, memorizing product information, making phone calls, making announcements, cleaning the work-area, facing the aisles and providing assistance to customers in need. Management was fantastic, employees were treated as vital members of a team and my co-workers were positive, responsible, hard working individuals. The hardest part of the job was keeping the work area clean, however the most enjoyable part of the job was going above and beyond for customers and in turn, having them leave my department truly satisfied.
Good to work for
Store Administrator (Former Employee), Exeter, ONMarch 4, 2015
Good to work in the Pharmacy Invironment abd also a retail invironment. Co-workers are also good to work with. I would recommend this employee to friends and internet friends.
Productive Workplace with minimal opportunities to grow and excel
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 4, 2015
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart working at the Post Office consists of serving customers through mailing, Money Grams and overall customer service when providing information. The job environment lacks enthusiasm as there is minimal opportunities to grow and further one's learning as well as fairness based on individual growth and reward.
Good Place to work but alot of pressure due to lack of funds to hire more employees.
Customer Service / Merchandiser (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendly staff.
Cons: had to wait a long time for head office to approve changes in store.
Learned how to merchandise in the Produce Department and how to check produce for damages and how to damage out products. Management was very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was throwing food that was slightly damaged in the garbage.
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor/Cashier/Merchandiser/Receiver (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONMarch 3, 2015
I have learned how to become more interactive with customers. The hardest part of this job is dealing with angry customers. I enjoy finding a resolution to customer issues so the customer leaves the store happy.

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more