Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice and Enjoyment Work place.
Cashier, Merchandiser & Photo-Lab Assistant. (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2014
A very peaceful job, everything is good. Its fun to help others and receive help from fellow workers.
A relatively stress free and relaxed atmosphere. A good place to work.
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Lasalle, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: good people, light physical labour, break times in accordance with canadian law.
Cons: chronic complaining, general workplace gossiping
A typical day at work in a supervisor capacity can vary widely. Managing stock on the floor is the primary description of the job. Interacting with customers, solving problems, balancing tills, and keeping a clean store front round out a typical shift.

Management tends to be reasonable and accommodating in most circumstances. Co-workers generally have – more... good attitudes, though perhaps have a tendency to complain more necessary.

The job is not difficult if you possess even a moderate degree of common sense.

I most enjoyed the social aspects of the job: interacting with both co-workers and customers. – less
working with public
Supervisor (Current Employee), terrace bcMay 24, 2014
My typical day it depends if I'm supervisor for that shift, my boss says I'm very good with customers so she likes putting me on till 1 which is the major till in the store, I cash out , help customers in need a service and clean where ever needed
Very productive workplace, great experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 23, 2014
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a beneficial job because it taught me a lot about the work field and it was a great experience. I was well occupied while working everything was productive.
...
Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is trying the latest skin care products and the attending education events

Hardest part of the job is working holidays
Great way to get work experience.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Chatham, ONMay 23, 2014
This position enables you to learn both customer service skills and technical skills.
Great Experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: experience, fun, co-workers
Cons: nothing really
A typical day at work is fun to me because it satisfies you when you can help a customer. I learned that it is important to communicate with Co-Workers, and when i work i should always give it my all. Management does their jobs well, no complaints towards them. The Co-workers are basically the best part about the job, they make it more fun because i – more... like working with other people. The hardest part about the job is the motivational part, sometimes i was slacking at times, but with the help of one of the managers Omar he helped me push myself and i learned a lot from him on what Shoppers Drug Mart expects from their employees...The most enjoyable part is feeling like you belong! – less
Enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 17, 2014
Pros: great management, great colleagues, employee discount
Cons: for me, unable to secure consistent hours that work with my family commitments.
This store has a terrific managemnent team and wonderful co-workers. Fun place to work. The Associate/Owner is an excellent person to work for.
A great place to work
Pharmacy Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 15, 2014
I thank Shoppers Drug Mart for giving me the opportunity to do my internship with them. It was a great experience, the staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Also Shoppers has great work environment.
Good job for Learning about Work Ethic
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2014
Much like the experience of working at Food Basics, the job requirements at Shoppers Drug Mart entail having patience, hard work, and a positive mentality. These are key lessons for success in any career field.
good place to work
Accredited Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 11, 2014
Pros: friendly and flexible work place
Cons: dealing with aggressive customers
It was a great place to work while my kids were growing up because of flexibility and hours.
hard work for the pay
Manager (Former Employee), ottawaMay 10, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: theft
retail
customers will say anything for free stuff.
Management program is great
coworkers are awesome
the job had a lot of ups and downs and dealing with street people and theft was hard.
helping people that really need it and they appreciate it.
Very poor training
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Elmira, OntarioMay 8, 2014
Pros: discount on store items
Cons: lack training for employees
-was never trained properly and then fired for it
-great discounts
-breaks are really short
-hire students
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Cons: 12
Helped customers, Pack away stuff in the back, walked around and faced all the ideas
Great Experience
Cosmetician (Current Employee), OttawaMay 6, 2014
I enjoy working at Shoppers and the team i work along is amazing
Very fun, productive place to work
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: friendly staff and customers
Cons: working til midnight
I absolutely love working at Shoppers Drug Mart I have been working for Shoppers for about 4 years now. My co-workers are fun to work with a make my work life fun and enjoyable and not to mention the customers that come in are just wonderful to work with everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people find what they came in to look for, – more... and being able to make the customer happy. I would say the only hard part of my job is have to work until midnight, is sometimes a bit of a downfall but other than that part I absolutely love working for Shoppers Drug Mart. The managment at Shoppers is productive and hard working and very friendly and caring of their staff, and I have learned so much from working for Shoppers Drug Mart. – less
Great Environment
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Bedford, NSMay 1, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: slow days
A typical day at work is customer always comes first, and dusting, facing and checking. I learned about cosmetics, brands, clients,and successful customer service. I have a great management and staff. My co-workers are awesome, they make you feel so comfortable. The hardest part of the job is when its slow and the most enjoyable part of my job is when – more... its busy. – less
working at shopers drug mart
cashier (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 1, 2014
clean work, fun and a lot to learn! awesome management and co-workers.
High Paced-High Stress Postion
Merchandiser/ Cashier/ Cosmetics Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: under-staffed
I do enjoy working with the other employees, and I really enjoy helping customers. The fast paced environment is great and the depth of work is not difficult, however, the cosmetic merchandiser position of this location is high stress, and poorly managed.
I do not believe that my skills are being properly utilized in this position, and I am not given – more... the clearance to properly manage this department, unfortunately.
I am in search of a position that I can efficiently get my work completed and feel successful about it. – less
wouldn't work there again
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Kimberley, BCApril 29, 2014
Cons: everything
being picked on and harassed
learned to not speak at work to your colleagues, but always have a bright smile to customers
co workers were not very nice
hardest part was going to work
leaving at the end of the day was the most enjoyable

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos