Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good job for students / Seniors
Front Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: Employees discount, Safe working environment.
Cons: Negative working environment, Very stressful., Too many non-essential daily tasks and checklists, Corporate Office resources are very disrespectful towards store management teams, Not enough labor hours to operate the business effectively. Heavy workload.
This company is top heavy and treats their store management teams with no respect at all. Corporate Office uses fear and intimidation to motivate. There are too many non-essential make-work projects and daily checklists that staff can't keep up with. Corporate Office always cutting back so many hours in the stores that t has a very negative impact on customer service and staff morale. This is a good job for a p/t student or senior but not a good choice if you're looking for a career in retail management.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONJune 10, 2015
my typical day at shoppers drug mart is working in retail and helping customers find makeup and/or skincare. The hardest part of the job is trying to educate customers about skincare. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people everyday and able to give them the knowledge about skincare and makeup.
Great environment to work in.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Very positive work environment
Cons: Not enough shifts
Working is alright the shift and work tasks are basic.Co-workers are great and very positive. Learned how to pay attention to detail and organize the store.
Great place to work !!
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Meet lots of new people
Cons: Low salary
Great job, lots of room to improve. Started as a merchandiser and then became a cosmetician. Great management and environment.
Great Place to Work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 8, 2015
• maintained stock on the floor
• Provided cashier assistance when understaffed
• Organize and clean up
• Assisted customers with inquiries and concerns
Typical retail store
Merchandiser/Post Office/Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 7, 2015
Shoppers is a typical retail chain store with all of its ups and downs. Good place to work on customer service and to get a grounding with customers, also able to learn other skills that can help with other jobs and in life.
Good team spirit
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Fellow employees.
Cons: OPEN CHRISTMAS DAY
Working in the photo lab presented it's challenges as the processing machines were often breaking down. Fortunately they are no longer used as this is now computerized. Most customers were understanding & corrected the problem as quickly as possible.Assisted on cash & stocking shelves as needed. Great team & management to work with.Hardest part of job was again the failure of the photo processing machines. The most enjoyable part was having a customer leaving satisfied with the assistance they received.
Depends on the Management
Merchandiser/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers
Cons: Horrible Management
Working at Shoppers Drug mart has for the most part been an enjoyable learning experience. I have enjoyed working with my fellow employees and meeting new people.

I have picked up many different skills such as handling cash, managing time and communication skills throughout my time working there.

Some difficulties working there was dealing with new management.
The new management was horrible.Workers were all bullied, along with the supervisors by the new management.Tasks were expected to be completed in an unrealistic time frame. Hours were ridiculous.
a second home
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: long hours
Shoppers Drug Mart was my very first job, as a cashier i was new to the idea of working, but management made me feel very comfortable. When our hours changed from 10 pm to 12 am, i had mentioned i felt a little intimidating closing by myself at such late hours, and so the accommodated me until i felt comfortable again. Few times did a customer wrongly blame the cashiers for when a price was mismatched, and management really took our side and defended. After being there for a long time, i took interested in the photo lab department, it became evident that during the slow times i could handle both departments and so i received proper training to officially work the department. The most challenging part was making sure the passport photos were taken to perfection and met the government standards.
Friendly and Fun
BEAUTY EXPERT (Current Employee), toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Great time working with the staff, selling products i am passionate about. Genuinely enjoyed going to work. I worked parttime for this company for a very long time because it was enjoyable. I would like to work for corporate but there was little advancement opportunities.
Co Op student at a Pharmacy
Pharmacy Personnel (Co-op) (Former Employee), Kanata, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: knowing the names of the types of pills
It was a great experience for me working in a pharmacy as a co op student in high school seeing the everyday life of a pharmacist. A typical day at work for me was just cleaning and organizing the bottles by order couldn't do much. The management was very good and i learned the pharmacist has a very big roll per day at work they have responsibility of everything and assistants have a lot to. Hardest part of the job was organization by names of the pills never heard of any of them. Most enjoyable was the experience i had at the pharmacy but i now know its not the job for me.
Very productive, energetic and creative environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Scarborough ,OntarioMay 30, 2015
Pros: Understanding mangement
Cons: Staying back after some shifts
A Typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart would go in helping and solving customer problems and doing regular merchandising stuff. I learned a lot of leadership skills from this institution. The management at the store was cooperating and understanding and the employees were also very nice. The hardest part of the job was getting heavy deliveries like of milk and eggs and storing them back into the fridge. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with co - employees with whom you have mutually understanding relationship and with whom you can finish tasks quickly
Great atmopshere, Great people
Cosmeticion (Current Employee), Niagara, ONMay 28, 2015
Everyday at work I go over any memos I need to catch up on(any new promos or merch that is going on in the store. I have learned that It is really important to know the ins and out of each department not only my own. The management at shoppers is really approachable and easy to talk to and they have a great family like atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is making sure I greet every single customer that walks into the doors. They are really strict about this and want to make sure not one person passes without saying a friendly greeting. Its hard because I cant walk away from the front for very long and a lot of our product is far from the front. I love being able to find products that customer not only loves but gets amazing points just by spending money.
Customer Service Oriented Position
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 27, 2015
Really enjoyed working for Shoppers Drug Mart.
Was responsible for the sales and overall performance of the cosmetic department. Enjoyed all my staff and the customers. Hardest part of the job was learning to set sales goals and targets and achieve them, as this was my first sales oriented job. I enjoyed all of the product knowledge and training, as well as the overall atmosphere of the store.
Great place to work minus the flaws in management
Cash Supervisor/Key holder/Cashier (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayMay 27, 2015
Pros: free products, make new friends
It was a great place to work, a lot of the staff are very friendly. Although some of the staff didn't get along and a few believe they have more authority over other workers (ex: threatening management to have someone fired)
High pressure, low wages, souless bureacracy
Pharmacist (Current Employee), CanadaMay 26, 2015
Pros: staff discount, my co-workers
Cons: no breaks, low wages, open all the time: weekends, evenings
Other than great co-workers (misery loves company) this is not a pleasant place to work for a dedicated health professional. Continuous pressure to reach "metrics" from uncaring, number-crunching middle managers places a strain on one's enjoyment of this once noble profession. Long store hours, now typically open on every stat, including Christmas, New Year's Day,and Easter, and all weekends mean saying goodbye to an ordinary life where social plans with friends and family are made easily. No lunch breaks, no coffee breaks, no washroom breaks, just steady, steady delivery of tasks.

Parking is ample.
A very busy corporate with friendly staff
Head Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 26, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Outdate computer hardware
This is a very busy pharmacy with friendly staff. Always trying to get work done before deadline. However, staff understands the importance of teamwork to make the daily activities going smoothly
Great
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBMay 26, 2015
Friendly, organized, amazing co-workers, good hours. Loved the staff, loved the regular customers. Like any other store there was always a bit of gossip.
shopper drug mart review
Merchandiser (Former Employee), BramptonMay 26, 2015
Pros: good staffing, positive workplace, good hours
Cons: adjustment, being late
Having this be my first job during my high school attendance, i was nervous at first, but the managerial staff was extremely helpful and informative during my development as a new employee. My typical day during the week was stocking shelves, doing backroom inventory and stock keeping and customer service. During the weekends, unloading and clearing out areas on the shelves for the following week to prepare for new sales and product placement. My co-workers were very helpful and stern at the same time instilling a professional approach into me while in the work field, though adjusting was the hardest part I over time began to learn how things operated . The most enjoyable part of my job was the completion of a hard or large task single hand-idly without or little assistance.
Fast pace enviroment
Supervisor (Current Employee), St.Albert , ABMay 25, 2015
Pros: great friendly staff
Cons: Not enough pay
Very busy place, always on the go working at shoppers , you never grow bored of this job because there is always something to keep you busy and help your day fly by.

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more