Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 12, 2015
fun to work with the team. has places to move up within the company.
Challenging and difficult environment to work in
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: up to date technology and pleasently arranged stores
Cons: long, chaotic, very exhausting hours with no braeks
Limited flexibility and balance in day/night shifts
Excessive volume of Rx checks
Very chaotic work routines and very limited time for meaningful customer/professional interaction
Poor management and it's inadequate personal involvement
Not very capable and knowledgeable assistant support
Multitasking, high pressure for pharmacist's personal attention and inability to deliver
Very difficult work environment with not scheduled breaks and even limits on washroom time

Opportunities of personal interactions with the public were the highlights of the job
cashier
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
customer services
responsible always be on time like working with people
enjoy every day at work
Fun workplace
Overnight Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: be my own boss
Cons: long hours
I had fun working at shoppers drug mart, met lots of amazing people and great friends. I wish i was able to advance more with the skills i encountered while i was there, but there was nothing available. The wage I had was okay, and the hours i worked were great.
Unfriendly and not professional.
Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Work place is unfriendly to different cultures and does not follow proper protocols

Proper procedures would make a better working environment,
Supervisors who do not give favoritism and properly working Scheduling. would make things better aswell.
Fun and friendly environment
Part Time Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: woking on weekends
I enjoy working at Shoppers Drug Mart. Everyone is nice and friendly and helpful. Dealing with customers on a face to face basis and being able to resolve any problems that the customers have and to help them with certain products that they need.
Growing Experience
Assistant Front Store Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: employee friendship
Great management
Flexibale hours
Growth in the company
Great customer service experience
Organized
enjoyed job very much.
Merchandiser / Cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: 30 percent discount off all product you buy.
Cons: manager
I enjoyed the job I was required to put out stock and put away in the backroom. I learned how to do planograms. Did not enjoy working with the new manager. Everybody else was great to work with made a lot of new friends. Lifting milk crates. Making a new home on the shelf for new product.
good job, had to stop because of a medical condition
Pharmacy Manager/Home Health Care Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 4, 2015
I was sad to have to leave the staff & customers, will miss them terribly.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 3, 2015
Management could have been better! Very un-organized. Other then that it was a great company to work for.
First and Only Job
Cashier/Merchandiser/Supervisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: optimum points
A day at this job, was very enjoyable. It wasn't just a work place, but it was my second home. It was my first and only job, and it was an amazing one to have. The management was very flexible when it came to schedules or complications within the workplace, and the co-workers turned into friends and family. There were no hard parts when it came to this job. Everyday was a learning experience and I loved every part of it. The most enjoyable part of this job is that it's very fast passed. You are constantly moving and the day goes by so quickly.
A great atmosphere
Cosmetician/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: some night shifts
I enjoy this job because I like to interact with people. My co-workers are great people and management could be a little better as well as salary since I have been there for quite amount of time.
Productive workplace with friendly elderly customers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 2, 2015
I was usually scheduled for morning shifts, so I'd come in and prepare my till for when the customers started coming in. It was a very friendly environment. The high school used to be across the street, and they were usually very polite and quick with their transaction.
The elderly people who came in were always very nice to talk to and sometimes a bit unpredictable. Sometimes they would be very rude and if I couldn't handle the situation, my manager was very fast to step in.
Productive and Customer Service Priority
Cash Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, OntarioDecember 30, 2014
Pros: seeing new product come to the stores
Cons: being on your feet all day
Each day brought new opportunities to learn from both the customers and co workers. Helping customers find what they are looking for and providing them with information on the products is very rewarding.
We had to work as a team always to ensure that we maintained a high level of customer service.
Hardest part of the job is when there is so many things you need to handle at one time- phone calls for requests, long line ups, stocking the shelves.
I enjoy working with the customers and seeing them pleased with a transaction makes them happy. Engaging in personal conversation and taking the time to talk to repeat customers.
shoppers drugmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), 2900 steeles ave eastDecember 29, 2014
working with customers and handling money, i learned that our customers come first, management is very organized, my co workers are like team players we all work together as a team, no hard parts to the job, the most enjoyable part of the job is to have fun while your doing it.
Very busy environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 24, 2014
Company benefits where excellent. Overall good working environment
fun place to work, very friendly
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: first to hear about new products
Cons: retail hours
I would greet shoppers as they entered the store, merchandise and have a sales target to meet. I regularly exceeded the sales target and built up a large client base. I would demonstrate different make-up techniques and advise clients of the pros and cons of an array of cosmetics.
Managing Money, Supervising, Team Leader
Finch and Warden (Current Employee), Warden, FinchDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great team
A typical day at work includes being a back up cashier when it gets busy. Also managing money, book keeping, keeping paperwork neat and organized. Work is a daily learning experience I enjoy working in a friendly environment and it is not hard for me to meet new co-workers and work in a friendly manner. As a supervisor the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers on a daily basis but it's part of the package and when they leave the store satisfied with the service it makes me happy. I enjoy working in a team, I enjoy leading a team on the days and I mostly enjoy meeting new people that come to the store.
First Job
Cashier/merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnDecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: seasonal help
Taught me to deal with the public and how to interact on a professional level.
Management was inconsistent and created a rotating door of employment for employees
shoppers drug mart
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2014
Shoppers as a store is very convenient for us..everything is available on urgent bases..overall im a very good customer of shoppers

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more