Shoppers Drug Mart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced and comfortable environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Overall I enjoy working for the company. There is always a bunch to do and the days are steady.Shifts are good hours and management is very approachable.
Amazing work environment. Friendly co-workers. Job security.
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: clean and desirable working environment. good job security. diverse culture.
Cons: almost no advancements
As a merchandiser I was responsible to restock and organize the shelves. I learned how to work more efficiently and quickly. I could easily ask for assistance from my co-workers if I have any issues. The job is rather simple and easy after training. My duties were all fairly enjoyable. Management also seems to be very well organized.
great place to work at
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 12, 2015
I love working at shoppers drug mart it is by far the best place to work at .The management is amazing. I would love to expand my horizons in the cosmetician world.
Internship experience
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCFebruary 10, 2015
I learned a lots of tasks & duties that help me to better understand pharmacist role in Canada.
It is a good place to learn & gain experience.
I enjoyed my work.
Excellent place to work
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: not enough hours to go around to staff and management
The job was fun. The staff where easy to work with including managment. Task where genreally deligated out and Manager todo list where done fairly
Great workplace
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), North York OntarioFebruary 9, 2015
Productive and enjoyable work place. Fast Paced environment. Great coworkers who made going to work an enjoyable experience.
PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: fair scheduling and good benefits
Cons: occasionally inadequate staffing and irregular breaks
A busy store with lots going on, from reviewing prescriptions to checking off compliance pack for patients. Patient counselling involving both prescription and non-prescription comprise a good portion of the time. More challenging parts of the job would be prioritizing workflow on busy days and dealing with third party insurance . My colleagues are part of a very professional group and we get along with each other quite well, and the management help us in our duties. The interaction with our patients and the satisfaction that we gain from these interactions, knowing that we made a difference, would be the most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job.
Was great while it lasted
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2015
Busy with paperwork and assisting customers
how to open a store and do paperwork and close a store is what i learned
Management could have been better
Co workers were so friendly and helpful
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCFebruary 7, 2015
Working as a stock boy here was very relaxed, and the clientele was easy to deal with. Overall it is a good job for those seeking something long term.
professional and social environment
Executive Assistant to the VP (Former Employee), North York, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: in house cafeteria, excellent pension
great place to work and build a solid foundation career. employees are professional and well educated and skilled.
policies and procedures were set in place for all employees to follow.
Awesome place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: long hour, great pay
Loved working at Shoppers customers are great, management is great and co-workers are very friendly. Its a very easy job and I think the most enjoyable part of the job is just having the opportunity to work with different people and feeling great about helping customers in the best way I could. I love seeing customers come back everyday because of the great customer service that I try to provide them with.
Decent Place to Work
Supervisor/Merchandiser/Cosmetics (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, learning opportunities, always something to do
Cons: if you're in a quiet store you won't get a lot of hours
Depending on you're depart or even store, it can be fast paced most of the day, but not always. They do have online courses available to help you along and learn things that you may not normally learn during your shifts. Management varies, depending on the store, and usually your co-workers are pretty good. The hardest part of my job is feeling like I'm stuck in a rut and won't be able to get ahead due to hours being based on sales, unless a bunch of people quit, or your managers really like you, you will probably not get full time. The most enjoyable part of my job, is the regular customers and some of my co-workers that I've become close friends with, they make my job worth it, and the hours are usually pretty flexible.
productive and fun workplace
Canada Post - Postal Clerk (Former Employee), bramptonFebruary 5, 2015
I enjoyed working at Shoppers Drug mart because everyday was different, i enjoyed interacting with many different people. Ive learned to work under pressure, manage a handful of tasks at one time, time management. handle customer complaints in person and over the telephone. I fallow store policy and enforce it.
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), brampton, OnFebruary 5, 2015
fun and positive environment
Co-op student (Former Employee), Duffrine and steelesFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: i get 30% discount on items
Cons: no pay cos im just doing a co-op
I did co-op when I was grade 12 in 1 semester. I like it!!! the environment is vibrant, I get along with people easily. The job was easy but the hardest thing is managing my time with school and with other part time.
Need flexibility
Store Administrator (Former Employee), Exeter, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Need Flexibility for the job. Long hours at times. Some driving required. Other then that they treat you well and the pay scale is great.
customer service learning phase started here for me
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: outstanding bonuses and remunerations
Cons: some times overnight shifts
My first official job which required me to provide customers with excellent customer care by preparing medication packages for them at the specified time promised, This task required high skills of find the right medication at an affordable price to the customer and brief explanation of the use and side-effects by the pharmacist.
busy, & fast paced environment.
Supervisor, Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: lack of flexibility on hours.
Worked in both Supervisor and then transferred to Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician/Front Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great learning always something new to learn
Cons: long odd hours.
I enjoyed both positions at Shoppers Drug Mart. They provided customer service experience. Learning how to do the morning reports and evening reports. Closing and opening of store.
productive, nice, collaborative
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
good pay, flexible hours, good people, learned how to use cashier, and shelf products, also learned about many different companies and brands

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more