Shoppers Drug Mart

Building Clientele
Skincare, and Makeup Application
Great Job for students!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Easy, Reasonable hours
Cons: Boring and repetitive
A great place for me to start off. They will hire almost anybody who can just stock and put things away. The management is great and at times they will even let you take some of the merchandise home.
hello
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 6, 2016
it's me, I was wondering
If after all these years you'd like to meet to go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal, yeah
But I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles
N/a
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
• Organizing Products
• Used the PDT system
• Cross-trained to perform cash responsibilities
• Take initiative to acknowledge and assist customers
• Handling cash
It was a great part-time job for a high school student
Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 6, 2016
This Job was great for a high school student with flexible hours and good pay. I was there for two years and learned the basics of business and how to work with customers.
Overall good experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 6, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Management could have used some work but the owner was very professional and managed the overall of the store well. Overall good experience in getting my own experience as a supervisor.
Good balance between a fun and enjoyable work place and getting daily tasks done to the best of our ability.
Supervisor,Cashier,Merchandiser,Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: An amazing team who put in a lot of effort
Cons: Not being able to communicate in the best way possible
A typical day at work would be opening/closing the store, doing the required paper work, completing daily tasks, making tasks list for those who will work with me, making sure the store is running smoothly, tackling any problems that come about, having to make quick yet the right decisions in certain matters, putting in extra time when needed for the betterment of the store, and solving any type of disputes and technical problems; for me it depends on what department I will be in that day. Since this is my first job, I have learned a lot of new things. I have learned everything there is to know about merchandising. I have learned to make planograms, labels, sale tags, how to do low stock count, and how to do cycle count; counting everything we have physically and making sure it matches to the what the system says we should have. I have learned how to receive and find a spot for parcels as well as ,sending parcels out; when I am in post office, As a supervisor I have learned a lot of computer related duties, which can be different for different companies. I have learned to work really quick and be efficient which makes me a reliable employee. The management at Shoppers is extremely understandable and treat employees like family. My co-workers are extremely friendly and are willing to put in extra time when needed, as well as we all work together as a team and help each other out in any way we can. The hardest part of my job is managing my time and everyone else time in the best way possible. Because there are days where the store is extremely busy and I know that everything – more... that needs to get done, wont be able to get finished, so I have to come up with a plan in which any spare time we get, can be used efficiently. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people that I do. The environment at this work place is amazing and it makes getting through the hardest days easier. – less
Great environment to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Long Hours
-restocking merchandise
-managing employees daily basis
-handling complicated customers
-handling a large store can be difficult at times, but i have a great team who helps out as needed,
Good company
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
Good discounts for employees and they offered flexibility with scheduling, good entry level position and company to get into
Keswick Shoppers is a great location to work at!
Postal Clerk/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Keswick, ONDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Great staff, flexible hours
Cons: The lighting in Shoppers is not easy on the eyes
Everyone I work with is very friendly, the general atmosphere of Keswick Shoppers is great! Customers seem to be happy with the level of customer service provided. I started in the post office and in the first month, I was out on the floor merchandising as well. I've learned a lot working in the post and on the floor, it's fun too! The store owner, managers, and supervisors are amazing and always understanding and helpful to me as an employee and friend. The best part of working here, is that it doesn't seem like work because it's manageable and fun with the people who I work with.
Front Store Supervisor
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount, Sundays are easy to work
Cons: Management, Cutting Hours, Low pay
A day at work is ringing in customer products and solving their problems. Relatively easy work for young people.

Time management is a crucial part of this role. The pay is relatively not enough for the amount of work that is done in an 8 hour shift.

Co Workers are fun people in Shoppers always jolly and helping each other.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with sick people who sneeze and cough on your face while paying for their medicines.
Overall a normal working atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONDecember 26, 2015
The store is new and requires a lot of changes. Did not receive proper uniform a month into the job. Hoping to find something that pays better.
nice organization and managment
Staff pharmacist (Current Employee), Kenora, ONDecember 23, 2015
Pros: provide an organize professional environment for pharmacist
Cons: Evening shifts
They provide the great environment to grow and give the best customer service.
Having a great supervision from management, at the same time, giving the authority to pharmacist to control the dispensary.
a nice place to work
Overnight Supervisor and Customer Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 23, 2015
Pros: very close to home and convinient
Cons: switching shifts
Shoppers is a nice place to work the store is very organized and the management is good. problem is they do not promote from within or encourage their assets to move upwards in the company. Very rarely will you find the employees even those who have worked in stores for 20yrs getting opportunity to work at the head office.
is ok
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 21, 2015
is a good place to work. Management is ok. staff is good to work with
them, lots of sales.
is a great location and easy to be there by bus
Where you like to go to work!
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 21, 2015
Pros: well-established system for handling anything, continuous guidance and training
Cons: wages might be less than other competitor pharmacy chains
Typically I used to work 40 hours a week in the same store where I used to be an Intern for 3 months. Actually the associate is very kind and smooth, I do admire his way of handling busy situations and in-store problems. The pharmacy manager is so sharp that he taught me to be focused and concentrating on one task at a time not to make any mistakes, but in a time-efficient way. I like the tech stuff, they kept guiding me through my first days on-site and it is fun to work with them. I feel the store is unique that all the stuff know each other and they go along very well. I do admire the system of Shoppers, with continuous training curriculum and ongoing email alerts, where i feel it is a well-organized place to work at.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches/gifts during holidays
Cons: Open on Holidays, Low hours
- Work is in steady pace
- Flexibility in Work/holidays
- Great team and management
- Lower hours
- Great experience
- Ability to interact with different people
Fun but stressful
Assistant Manager, Receiver (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 11, 2015
Really loved working for shoppers. My staff were great but like every shoppers the owners micro manage way to much. Causing unneeded stress on the mangers. Making it very difficult to work there at times
management
sales associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONDecember 10, 2015
they hire you and give you the hours that you requested only at the beginning after they keep hiring and take your hours away.
they are so unprofessional, looks like I was working for a family bakery....
Busy, Family fun filled environment, also had great loyal workers and was never a dull day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
In getting this job I did not know what to expect; and yet what I got was a warm, receiving group of people who did there part to help me learn the job and do my best. The staffs were so professional and such hard workers. They made me part of there family and each day not only did I learn something new and helpful but the customers became regulars that it got to a point i knew what they needed before they got to my cash register.
I really enjoyed my overall experience of work at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Headquarters