Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work experience depends on your management and associate
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 2, 2014
depending on your leaders and your location really makes a huge difference in how much you can enjoy your job
Front Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: great co worker to work with
Cons: no proper training
great place to work but not any good benefits, head office need to recognize more about the front line employe. they all about headoffice.
Team oriented workplace and goal driven
Cashier/Customer Services/Photo-Lab Technician (Former Employee), London, ONMay 30, 2014
Excellent merchandiser service and customer feedback. Team building skills always available as well as individual improvement assessments.
Shoppers can be fun if you have the right staff
Front store Supervisor (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 29, 2014
Shoppers drug mart can be a good place to work if you work with the right people, just like any other job. there isn't much room to advance at shoppers drug mart.
A lot of miscommunication, tedious work, learning about new products.
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: no communcation
A typical day at work involved going into the back room to get totes, which had been received earlier in the morning, bringing them to the front of the store to unpack and unwrap, then stocking the shelves with products from the totes. After that I cleaned up the department, so counters, shelves, hygiene/skincare section. After that I would go in the – more... back and put all the garbage where it needed to go. Some days I had to put together displays for products as well and take old ones down.
Management was all over the place, there was no communication. One person told me one thing the next person told me another. It got really confusing.
Coworkers were great, and very helpful. They made me feel welcomed and helped me out when ever I needed it.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with all the miscommunication.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when new products came in and I was able to actually learn about them. – less
Productive work place who strives for customer satisfaction.
Supervisor, Cosmetician, Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: staff appreciation is shown on a daily basis
Cons: working the 330pm-12am (unable to have dinner with family often)
Everybody in the work place gets along really well and a typical day at Shoppers is never a dull one. The many different customers that come into our Shoppers definitely keep the workplace interesting and busy at all times.

The most recent and challenging task at Shoppers was being left alone as supervisor after only being trained two shifts. This – more... position holds a lot of responsibility because since you're in charge, it is up to you to protect all employers and the store. We close at a later time then most Shoppers (12am), some tougher crowds like to come into the store but nothing too serious has happened, yet. I've had to deal with a few shoplifters.

Although supervisor has a lot of responsibilities on duty, I thoroughly enjoy being busy and on my feet for the full 8 hours. – less
Nice and Enjoyment Work place.
Cashier, Merchandiser & Photo-Lab Assistant. (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2014
A very peaceful job, everything is good. Its fun to help others and receive help from fellow workers.
A relatively stress free and relaxed atmosphere. A good place to work.
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Lasalle, ONMay 27, 2014
Pros: good people, light physical labour, break times in accordance with canadian law.
Cons: chronic complaining, general workplace gossiping
A typical day at work in a supervisor capacity can vary widely. Managing stock on the floor is the primary description of the job. Interacting with customers, solving problems, balancing tills, and keeping a clean store front round out a typical shift.

Management tends to be reasonable and accommodating in most circumstances. Co-workers generally have – more... good attitudes, though perhaps have a tendency to complain more necessary.

The job is not difficult if you possess even a moderate degree of common sense.

I most enjoyed the social aspects of the job: interacting with both co-workers and customers. – less
working with public
Supervisor (Current Employee), terrace bcMay 24, 2014
My typical day it depends if I'm supervisor for that shift, my boss says I'm very good with customers so she likes putting me on till 1 which is the major till in the store, I cash out , help customers in need a service and clean where ever needed
Very productive workplace, great experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 23, 2014
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a beneficial job because it taught me a lot about the work field and it was a great experience. I was well occupied while working everything was productive.
...
Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job is trying the latest skin care products and the attending education events

Hardest part of the job is working holidays
Great way to get work experience.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Chatham, ONMay 23, 2014
This position enables you to learn both customer service skills and technical skills.
Great Experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2014
Pros: experience, fun, co-workers
Cons: nothing really
A typical day at work is fun to me because it satisfies you when you can help a customer. I learned that it is important to communicate with Co-Workers, and when i work i should always give it my all. Management does their jobs well, no complaints towards them. The Co-workers are basically the best part about the job, they make it more fun because i – more... like working with other people. The hardest part about the job is the motivational part, sometimes i was slacking at times, but with the help of one of the managers Omar he helped me push myself and i learned a lot from him on what Shoppers Drug Mart expects from their employees...The most enjoyable part is feeling like you belong! – less
Enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 17, 2014
Pros: great management, great colleagues, employee discount
Cons: for me, unable to secure consistent hours that work with my family commitments.
This store has a terrific managemnent team and wonderful co-workers. Fun place to work. The Associate/Owner is an excellent person to work for.
A great place to work
Pharmacy Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 15, 2014
I thank Shoppers Drug Mart for giving me the opportunity to do my internship with them. It was a great experience, the staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Also Shoppers has great work environment.
Good job for Learning about Work Ethic
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2014
Much like the experience of working at Food Basics, the job requirements at Shoppers Drug Mart entail having patience, hard work, and a positive mentality. These are key lessons for success in any career field.
good place to work
Accredited Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 11, 2014
Pros: friendly and flexible work place
Cons: dealing with aggressive customers
It was a great place to work while my kids were growing up because of flexibility and hours.
hard work for the pay
Manager (Former Employee), ottawaMay 10, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: theft
retail
customers will say anything for free stuff.
Management program is great
coworkers are awesome
the job had a lot of ups and downs and dealing with street people and theft was hard.
helping people that really need it and they appreciate it.
Very poor training
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Elmira, OntarioMay 8, 2014
Pros: discount on store items
Cons: lack training for employees
-was never trained properly and then fired for it
-great discounts
-breaks are really short
-hire students
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Cons: 12
Helped customers, Pack away stuff in the back, walked around and faced all the ideas

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos