Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
First and Only Job
Cashier/Merchandiser/Supervisor (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: optimum points
A day at this job, was very enjoyable. It wasn't just a work place, but it was my second home. It was my first and only job, and it was an amazing one to have. The management was very flexible when it came to schedules or complications within the workplace, and the co-workers turned into friends and family. There were no hard parts when it came to this job. Everyday was a learning experience and I loved every part of it. The most enjoyable part of this job is that it's very fast passed. You are constantly moving and the day goes by so quickly.
A great atmosphere
Cosmetician/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: some night shifts
I enjoy this job because I like to interact with people. My co-workers are great people and management could be a little better as well as salary since I have been there for quite amount of time.
Productive workplace with friendly elderly customers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 2, 2015
I was usually scheduled for morning shifts, so I'd come in and prepare my till for when the customers started coming in. It was a very friendly environment. The high school used to be across the street, and they were usually very polite and quick with their transaction.
The elderly people who came in were always very nice to talk to and sometimes a bit unpredictable. Sometimes they would be very rude and if I couldn't handle the situation, my manager was very fast to step in.
Productive and Customer Service Priority
Cash Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, OntarioDecember 30, 2014
Pros: seeing new product come to the stores
Cons: being on your feet all day
Each day brought new opportunities to learn from both the customers and co workers. Helping customers find what they are looking for and providing them with information on the products is very rewarding.
We had to work as a team always to ensure that we maintained a high level of customer service.
Hardest part of the job is when there is so many things you need to handle at one time- phone calls for requests, long line ups, stocking the shelves.
I enjoy working with the customers and seeing them pleased with a transaction makes them happy. Engaging in personal conversation and taking the time to talk to repeat customers.
shoppers drugmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), 2900 steeles ave eastDecember 29, 2014
working with customers and handling money, i learned that our customers come first, management is very organized, my co workers are like team players we all work together as a team, no hard parts to the job, the most enjoyable part of the job is to have fun while your doing it.
Very busy environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 24, 2014
Company benefits where excellent. Overall good working environment
fun place to work, very friendly
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: first to hear about new products
Cons: retail hours
I would greet shoppers as they entered the store, merchandise and have a sales target to meet. I regularly exceeded the sales target and built up a large client base. I would demonstrate different make-up techniques and advise clients of the pros and cons of an array of cosmetics.
Managing Money, Supervising, Team Leader
Finch and Warden (Current Employee), Warden, FinchDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great team
A typical day at work includes being a back up cashier when it gets busy. Also managing money, book keeping, keeping paperwork neat and organized. Work is a daily learning experience I enjoy working in a friendly environment and it is not hard for me to meet new co-workers and work in a friendly manner. As a supervisor the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers on a daily basis but it's part of the package and when they leave the store satisfied with the service it makes me happy. I enjoy working in a team, I enjoy leading a team on the days and I mostly enjoy meeting new people that come to the store.
First Job
Cashier/merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnDecember 15, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: seasonal help
Taught me to deal with the public and how to interact on a professional level.
Management was inconsistent and created a rotating door of employment for employees
shoppers drug mart
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2014
Shoppers as a store is very convenient for us..everything is available on urgent bases..overall im a very good customer of shoppers
Loyal Employees but not so much for Owner/Associate
Store Manager (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: you can be discarded without any reason
I worked here is a store manager(FSM). The staff were dedicated but as a manager you can be used and discarded without any reason by the owner/associate and DMs etc. Even though the store was improving, I was discarded by the owner/associate without any explanation. Very sad because I really started to enjoy working with the great staff and we were getting very positive results.
Energetic
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Bolton, ONDecember 5, 2014
Pros: travel, flexibility
Cons: low chance of promotion do to low turn-over/availability of jobs
One of my best career experiences was working at Red Bull Canada! The best memories and experience. Amazing entry level job for young, talented and intelligent women who studies are in business marketing.

The Toronto branch has a team of talented young, fashionable, intelligent X genes that enjoyed culture, music, art, sports and nightlife in Toronto. We traveled as a marketing team for years, grew up and respected as intelligent, young talent.

I wish I still worked there but turn-over was low and talents usually left Red Bull Canada for amazing opportunities (networking) and in similar fields or with competition.

Best Team experience ever!
Awesome.
Postal Service Clerk and Front Cashier (Current Employee), Bay & DundasDecember 4, 2014
Make a list of the thing you want/need to accomplish for the day, and integrate the things that come up unexpectedly. use your list as a guide and reminder to help keep you on task.
Good place SDM Downtown Fort McMurray, AB
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 4, 2014
Good place to work and they commend people for doing a good job. They see your worth and they give chance to the workers. managers are approachable and our big boss is generous and helpful.
Busy, challenging, creative, environment
Manager/ Beauty Expert (Current Employee), Calgary, AbDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free cosmetics and building realtionships
Cons: poor leadership from senior managment
-Ensured daily store standards(Infinity); achieved set company quotas for sales, staffing, and Talkers daily
-Marketed and promoted store by participating, creating, and organizing Galas, promotions, and Optimum days
-Organized department client profiles, sales reporting, optimal planogram efficiency, and staff scheduling
-Scheduled monthly/daily staff meetings; cosmetic school attendance; online educational seminars for a staff of six
-Met with corporate and product reps to increase sales awareness and product knowledge for target efficiency
-Maintained departmental communication binder for merchandising standards, rep contact, daily shift starters, etc.
-Increased vendor sales targets over 15%, CSI scores by 65%, quarterly gala sales by 68% during 5 months
co-workers are very nice, friendly and respectful
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2014
Its a busy store, lots of customers complaining about the line up when cashing out. I learned a lot in the store like receiving deliveries, answer customer inquiries, organize the products by category, checking all price making sure that they're up to date and a lot more. The hardest part of the job is that they don't have enough staff and the pay is so little. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co-workers because they have excellent work ethic, and always nice to people.
Busy
Cashier / Customer service (Former Employee), Squamish BCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: candy in lunch room, friendly staff
Cons: breaks cut short or forgotten
When I first started off working at shoppers I thought I would love it, everyone seemed really friendly and I was excited to get started..
After about four weeks working there I realized I still hadn't received my first pay cheque so I asked my supervisor why this must be, she told me to wait and I was reassured I would have one next time. On the sixth week I awaited for my pay cheque.. still nothing then I went to my manager and told her.. so she replied with a remark as such "we must have forgot". The following day I was brought to the pharmacy where they paid me in cash (I did not receive a pay stub) and I was only paid half of what I earned and was told the rest would come in my next pay cheque. The following week I finally received my pay check.

Another time I was working the midnight shift and had been scheduled to work at 7AM the next morning, I asked my supervisors about this and she said that was correct.. So I showed up and worked until 1PM utterly exhausted (no sleep) and was told to go home by my manager and I was scheduled by mistake.

One supervisor would always take my lunch break and sometimes would forget to even let me go on a break until up to an hour later or not at all.

Most staff was very friendly and I got along with profoundly while others didn't talk and were rude with judgemental characteristics, work environment was decent but easily avoidable mistakes were made.

Some supervisors were lovely people and would offer me rides home when I worked midnight shifts.

I know for a fact I was not trained properly with lottery and proper codes which was frustrating.

I would not recommend working at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Friendly and supportive management.
Merchandiser - P/T (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: difficult to obtain ft work
Shoppers is a good company and believes in advancement for staff. Salary and hours are fair for part time employees.
productive place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 26, 2014
There is always something that can be done . I learned to prioritize my work and be able to run a team without supervision.
A very nice environment to learn and grow
Model Store Merchandiser/ Cashier (Current Employee), toronto OnNovember 26, 2014
Shoppers Drug Mart is a very good place where one could learn many important work skills ( for example Customer Service).

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more