Shoppers Drug Mart

1.1K reviews

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fun place to work.
Cosmetician/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Shoppers was definitely my favorite job. Usually I would take care of my counter everyday by making sure all the products were in place, clean, and all the prices were accurate. At Shoppers I learned all the basics about skin care and makeup to provide customers with the best answers and knowledge. Everyone here was like a little family and it was an awesome team to work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be putting away all of the stock correctly which was done once a week. The most enjoyable was doing something that I loved to do.
I am hardworking, persistent, dedicated
Infrastructure Solution Architect (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Kudos
Cons: Overtime sometimes
Shoppers Drug mart is a great company to work for specially it is merged with LobLaws. I've learnt that the more I do my due diligence in projects that were assigned to me the less problem I get to implement and better result I get at the end.
great customer service training ground
Front Store Supervisor / Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
learned to handle customer complaints and deal with a lot of different people.
great place to work and organize.
i enjoy working with very helpful and happy people.
Great company to work for! Treat their employees with respect. Tons of training and great pay!
Beauty Boutique Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Fun atmosphere, good pay, great discount.
Cons: On feet all day.
Best company I've ever worked for. I was always treated with respect. The pay and benefits are great and above average for the beauty industry. Good work/life balance, but you do need to be prepared to work late nights and weekends. Management was always respectful and really tries to help their employees progress.
Welcoming staff
Cashier and Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
A very good place to build your career. and the ability to grow as a person. Management and staff are very friendly and will help youto grow at work.
i love shopper's
Merhandising Co-op Student (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Room for career advancement, support from management, lots of opportunities for learning, raises if you are performing well, great team
Cons: Not enough constructive feedback given. Hard to know what I need to improve
it's a good place to work and everyone there is so nice and helpful i hope i get a job working within shopper's.
i really hope i get a job with shoppers because i really love doing my co-op placement there
Great Company
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
I have been working at shoppers for about 4 years now. Its is a great company to start working for.i have gained great experience .
Enjoyed my time working here.
Supervisor, Receiver/ Merchandiser (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 13, 2016
I really loved working for Shoppers. They are like a second family. Fun, and caring group of people who work together as a team.
fun workplace
Accredited Pharmacy Technician/Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
great place to work, nice and friendly co-workers and management team are easy to get along with, fair in all employee. busy enough but not too crazy you'll go nuts
Great people!
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Newfoundland and LabradorJanuary 13, 2016
Cons: Open 7 days a week and 365 days a year
The staff and management are fantastic! The store is fun and fast paced and offer great customer service. I love working with the people there
great benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Great Support from Senior Management
Great Benefits and Salary
Always an opportunity to learn and further your own development
Shoppers Drug Mart
Merchandiser and Receiver (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: Co workers are mostly nice to each other
Cons: Low pay
The hardest part of the job is managing your time to finish all the tasks. Depending on what store you work for, some managers push you to the limit. The co-workers are mostly friendly.
Enjoyed my team
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 9, 2016
The customers are kind. The management is somewhat understanding. Sometimes difficult when we are short-staffed but still able to handle.
Great Customer Service
Building Clientele
Skincare, and Makeup Application
Great Job for students!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Easy, Reasonable hours
Cons: Boring and repetitive
A great place for me to start off. They will hire almost anybody who can just stock and put things away. The management is great and at times they will even let you take some of the merchandise home.
hello
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 6, 2016
it's me, I was wondering
If after all these years you'd like to meet to go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal, yeah
But I ain't done much healing

Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There's such a difference between us
And a million miles
N/a
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 6, 2016
• Organizing Products
• Used the PDT system
• Cross-trained to perform cash responsibilities
• Take initiative to acknowledge and assist customers
• Handling cash
It was a great part-time job for a high school student
Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 6, 2016
This Job was great for a high school student with flexible hours and good pay. I was there for two years and learned the basics of business and how to work with customers.
Overall good experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 6, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Management could have used some work but the owner was very professional and managed the overall of the store well. Overall good experience in getting my own experience as a supervisor.
Good balance between a fun and enjoyable work place and getting daily tasks done to the best of our ability.
Supervisor,Cashier,Merchandiser,Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: An amazing team who put in a lot of effort
Cons: Not being able to communicate in the best way possible
A typical day at work would be opening/closing the store, doing the required paper work, completing daily tasks, making tasks list for those who will work with me, making sure the store is running smoothly, tackling any problems that come about, having to make quick yet the right decisions in certain matters, putting in extra time when needed for the betterment of the store, and solving any type of disputes and technical problems; for me it depends on what department I will be in that day. Since this is my first job, I have learned a lot of new things. I have learned everything there is to know about merchandising. I have learned to make planograms, labels, sale tags, how to do low stock count, and how to do cycle count; counting everything we have physically and making sure it matches to the what the system says we should have. I have learned how to receive and find a spot for parcels as well as ,sending parcels out; when I am in post office, As a supervisor I have learned a lot of computer related duties, which can be different for different companies. I have learned to work really quick and be efficient which makes me a reliable employee. The management at Shoppers is extremely understandable and treat employees like family. My co-workers are extremely friendly and are willing to put in extra time when needed, as well as we all work together as a team and help each other out in any way we can. The hardest part of my job is managing my time and everyone else time in the best way possible. Because there are days where the store is extremely busy and I know that everything – more... that needs to get done, wont be able to get finished, so I have to come up with a plan in which any spare time we get, can be used efficiently. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people that I do. The environment at this work place is amazing and it makes getting through the hardest days easier. – less
Headquarters