Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly, respectful, productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Canmore, ABAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Happy environment
Cons: Long hours
Busy environment with friendly, helpful and respectful management and staff working together to give excellent customer service. Hard working and fun environment.
Gained a lot of experience.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 6, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: very cold store
A typical day at shoppers is stocking and facing shelves.
Making sure the shelves are clean and organised as well as presentable for customers. To ensure that every shoppers customer is helped with anything they need. Co-workers are nice and very helpful we all help each other. There isnt any hard parts about the jobs really you just have to listen the first time and ull get the hang of it its pretty simple. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is the discount employees get from every purchase thats pretty cool.
Truely Professional experience dealing with the clients of Shoppers Drug Mart
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 6, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long hours
Working in an environment where you can be comfortable and focussed is very important which Shoppers Pharmacy provides. An amazing staff to work with who is cooperative with good team work
Great experience for my first job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: New learning experiences
Cons: Standing for long hours
I learned a lot of new things working here. I learned better communication skills and also how to help customers with all their needs. I was constantly doing new things from stalking items to making tags for the merchandise to showing customers where the product is. It was a great environment and the co-workers were extremely nice. The hardest part for me was memorizing where everything was in such a short time but i did get a hang of it and the part i enjoyed most was getting to do something new each time and always getting to interact with new customers. It was never a typical; day at work but it was always fun
Family Like Atmosphere
Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: good commission
Cons: late hours, management issues
Typical day would be greeting the customers and helping them with any questions or concerns they had with the cosmetic and skin products. Some days you would apply make-up or skin care to teach customers what is best for their needs. You become very close with the people you work with making it comfortable in the work place. Customer service has it's downfalls so there would be days when the customer and I would disagree on issues.
Enjoyable work place friendly staff
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee), torontoAugust 5, 2015
I enjoyed the enviroment a Shoppers it was a family enviroment, very friendly staff. Customers were always nice and enjoyable to talk to.
Great people to work with
Photolab Technician (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 4, 2015
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the best places to start when you are just being to work. The job builds your customer service skills and helps you work in a fast pace environment.
Productive place and had a blast with staff.
Cashier (Sales Associate) (Former Employee), yorkdale mall locationAugust 4, 2015
Pros: i was working good hours
Cons: i got laid off cause it was only a summer job
I loved working at shoppers but i hate how i got laid off cause it was only the summer job. otherwise it was good i loved the staff they taught me a lot of customer services pro's
fun workplace
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2015
Pros: discount
loved working at shoppers drug mart the hardest part was learning the lottery it could get confusing the discount was awesome
Great job
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 2, 2015
Pros: awesome coworkers and management
26-36 hours a week. Responsible for putting inventory onto store front, printing labels and signs, and helping customers find what they are looking for.
Productive, fast pace but stupid supervisors.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 31, 2015
a supervisor once hung up on a customer when they had asked if we sold USB's, supervisor would forget an employee break and would disappear into the staff lounge to text.. Boss had tried to say working an 8 hour shift you only get 1 break and a lunch when the paper on the staff wall clearly said 2 breaks 1 lunch, argued back saying it was a typo.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee), manotickJuly 30, 2015
I started off at shoppers before the store has open. I stocked the store for grand opening. I was then offered a part time job as a cashier. I was very shy before starting at Shoppers and have come out of my bubble. A frequent customer told me that i was so shy and i have really come out of my shell. I love all my coworkers and working there. The hardest part of my job would be working till midnight then working at another job at 7am. The most enjoyable part of my job would be leaving the store seeing that its all faced due to my work that night.
overall good experience
Beauty Expert (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 30, 2015
I worked a lot of weekends which is to be expected working in retail. Some days were better then others though it was an overall good experience. Gaining knowledge and getting products to try so we could have our own personal opinion on things.
Good
Cash Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was a great experience learning a new tasks with a company that management always showing us new ways to sell more products and co-workers were great and also customer service was a main goal to accomplish great sales for this organization.
Proffesional Growth
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2015
I found the working environment very conducive. Shoppers really care for its customer and strives to serve them best.I worked in Shoppers Drug Mart as Pharmacy Assistant and also did my internship for my licensing as a Pharmacist.
fun and friendly
Cosmetician-Cosmetic Merchandiser (Current Employee), St.Albert, ABJuly 25, 2015
typical day consisted of: putting out stock, assisting customers to find the right products they were looking for, tracking my sales, performing basic till functions such as purchases made by customers, doing returns, price checks, ect. I am also trained as a supervisor so a typical day for that would be similar to cosmetics but also cashing tills out, doing deposits, dealing with any customer or till issues, balancing floats and lottery/bus tickets.
in all of my years working for Shoppers as a company I learned a lot about teamwork, customer service skills, how to handle stressful situations calmly. I was trained in multiple departments to expand my knowledge and skills.
The management team was always easy to go to with a problem and worked well with their employees creating a bond and a fun work environment. I've also always got along with other employees creating friendship bonds. I have enjoyed everyone I've worked with at all 3 Shoppers stores I've worked for.
Working to help customers choosing the correct skin and facial products.
Cosmitician/ Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Albion CentreJuly 23, 2015
It was a challenging job at the beginning but the management team definitely played an important part to achieve the daily targets by working together. It is all about customer satisfaction with the presented products.
Workers are awesome
Store Front Supervisior (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 23, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: No time to drop off and pick up children from school
the job was nice a good pace to the day. the only thing was not having the ability to drop my Children off at school then come into work.
Poor Wages
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Store Discount
Cons: Poor Wages
They are a good place to work especially for someone just gaining experience in the work atmosphere. They are a hard company to get hired by though. Some stores are flexible with your hours where I find others are expecting you to be available anytime. In this kind of business they should be more flexible and know how to schedule more appropriately so they can create more flexibility. The wages could be more. Discounts are good.
The rough parts and quiet people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Keswick, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Lovely coworkers
Cons: Oversized Uniform
When I first started out at shoppers learning lottery was tricky for me, but after awhile I started to get the hang of it. It was one of the hardest parts of the job. Most of my co-workers kept to themselves, we all did our own duties and that was all

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more