Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and enjoyable workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2014
Pros: 50 minutes break, divided on either 45 and 15 minutes or the whole 50 minutes
Cons: if busy breaks might to be given
A typical day at work would be training new technician, preparing medications and helping customers on cash and look for product.

Things I have learned, better costumer service skills, better problem solving skills and better time management skills.
Eventful
COSMETICS & BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee), markham, onJune 19, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: no recognition
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, maintaining stores visual, meeting sales quota and updating customers on to the new I Pad system. I have learned about every single brand we carry, I now know how to recommend added products that a customer might be interested in adding to his or her routine.
Helpful staff, Fun workplace
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Brampton,ONJune 19, 2014
Learned customer skills, management skills Co-workers are very hard working , the hardest part of the job mad customers, The most enjoyable part of the Job is facing up whole store and tag items
good learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, B.CJune 19, 2014
- Slow work pace
- Learned how to use a cash register
- The management was hands on and was always there when we needed them.
- Made a lot of friends working at shoppers, had fun working there mainly because of the co-workers.
- Balancing full time school with the amount of shift I was getting.
- Working along side with the friends I made there.
Fabulous co-workers
Make-Up Artist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: lack of management
One of the reasons I love working at Shoppers is the amazing people you get to work with! I am constantly learning from my peers and it give me a reason to come into work every day!
Fun & Enjoyable
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJune 17, 2014
This company was a pleasure to work for, though I would like to have been paid more.
productive and fun work place
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 16, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: dealing with people that steal
Responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, and coordinating activities of workers engaged in running the cash register and customer service. Work closely with the management team on the overall operations of the department and location. Provide a high level of customer service in a productive and efficient manner. Responsible for hiring, training, – more... and coaching employees along with supervising staff in accordance with company policies and procedures. Every position in retail is fast-paced and requires a high-energy individual who is a self-starter with a positive attitude and is eager to perform to the best of their ability. – less
Very Cliqued
Team Head Cashier-Vault Control and Sales (Former Employee), Victoria BCJune 13, 2014
Watch out. ......................................................................

............................................
fast paced environment, well managed for business
BC Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 11, 2014
Pros: good to have working experience in fast paced environment
Cons: should hire multicultural staff in a multicultural society
we used to get 300-400 prescription every day and it is a very busy environment. Manager used to delegate duties to all the members of the team.
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment,picking up and processing the prescription through insurance drug claims, checking prescription, finding and solving drug related problems, taking prescription – more... on phone from physician, taking refill orders from doctors and patients, sending refill authorization to doctors, transferring prescription, checking prescription and finding drug related problem, collaborating with other health professionals, OTC recommendations and giving information about drugs when asked by the patients and methadone dispensing.
Understanding doctors hand writing was the hardest part of the job though it was rare.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was patient counselling, doing med reviews, finding and resolving drug therapy problem, and getting appreciated by the patient-listening these words 'even doctor didnt give me this information about drug' and manager – less
Pretty Great Job Environment
Cashier / Customer Service (Current Employee), Steinbach, MBJune 8, 2014
Pros: discount
Well at Shoppers every day is a new learning experience, either it's among my co-workers or the costumers. Our managers always let us know what is going to happen a few days in advance and we are always prepared for that day thanx to their contribution. My co-workers are always willing to help out if you are not to sure about a certain item the costumer – more... has request or if its just to keep the costumers leaving the store satisfied. I love interacting with people thats why I love my job so much. – less
Fun work environment
Cash Manager (Current Employee), Halifax, N.S.June 7, 2014
Love working at this location. In a managerial role it can sometimes be stressful, as any other job would be. However, the stress from this job is incredibly manageable, and although you may encounter some long hours once in a while, on a day to day basis this job is really great. The management here are awesome and so fun to work with, as are the staff – more... from all departments. This store is really lucky to have such an amazing environment and I would recommend it to anyone! – less
Fun workplace with friendly co-workers and manager
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 5, 2014
Pros: discount on store items
A typical day at work is taking customers and I learned that good relationship with co-workers can make your job very enjoyable. It was a great place to work, I moved so I had to leave the job.
Good Environment to work in
Assistant Front Store Manager (Cash Manager) (Former Employee), ScarboroughJune 4, 2014
Pros: working for and with great people
Cons: not much room for advancement
• Applied secondary school training in order perform a variety of tasks associated with the position.
• Responsible for all personnel issues including hiring, firing and performance management.
• Provided excellent customer service to consumers in a variety of difficult and sometimes unfriendly situations.
• Communicated human resources issues to both – more... full time and part time employees, regarding wages, time off requests and other personnel functions.
• Accountable for weekly scheduling of between 20-25 employees and doing so in an efficient manner.
• In charge of open and closing the establishment promptly in order to maximize revenues. – less
different
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 3, 2014
• Responsible for maintenance of all pharmacy and front shop stock, using inventory control systems, to maintain a balanced inventory.
• Ensures that all staff comply with store policies and operating procedures.
• Oversees all staff scheduling, training, and performance management.
• Provides exceptional customer service, resolving all customer complaints – more... and issues in a timely manner, and assisting customers with questions regarding over the counter medications and other front shop products.
• Ensures all loss prevention systems and procedures are followed as per established guidelines.
• Organizes and supports all in-store promotions.
• Responsible for the submission of all store reports, and preparation of all bank deposits.
• Provides accurate dispensing of all prescription medications to support the pharmacist.
• Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing a rapport with potential and actual customers to understand service requirements – less
work experience depends on your management and associate
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 2, 2014
depending on your leaders and your location really makes a huge difference in how much you can enjoy your job
Front Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: great co worker to work with
Cons: no proper training
great place to work but not any good benefits, head office need to recognize more about the front line employe. they all about headoffice.
Team oriented workplace and goal driven
Cashier/Customer Services/Photo-Lab Technician (Former Employee), London, ONMay 30, 2014
Excellent merchandiser service and customer feedback. Team building skills always available as well as individual improvement assessments.
Shoppers can be fun if you have the right staff
Front store Supervisor (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 29, 2014
Shoppers drug mart can be a good place to work if you work with the right people, just like any other job. there isn't much room to advance at shoppers drug mart.
A lot of miscommunication, tedious work, learning about new products.
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: no communcation
A typical day at work involved going into the back room to get totes, which had been received earlier in the morning, bringing them to the front of the store to unpack and unwrap, then stocking the shelves with products from the totes. After that I cleaned up the department, so counters, shelves, hygiene/skincare section. After that I would go in the – more... back and put all the garbage where it needed to go. Some days I had to put together displays for products as well and take old ones down.
Management was all over the place, there was no communication. One person told me one thing the next person told me another. It got really confusing.
Coworkers were great, and very helpful. They made me feel welcomed and helped me out when ever I needed it.
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with all the miscommunication.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when new products came in and I was able to actually learn about them. – less
Productive work place who strives for customer satisfaction.
Supervisor, Cosmetician, Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONMay 28, 2014
Pros: staff appreciation is shown on a daily basis
Cons: working the 330pm-12am (unable to have dinner with family often)
Everybody in the work place gets along really well and a typical day at Shoppers is never a dull one. The many different customers that come into our Shoppers definitely keep the workplace interesting and busy at all times.

The most recent and challenging task at Shoppers was being left alone as supervisor after only being trained two shifts. This – more... position holds a lot of responsibility because since you're in charge, it is up to you to protect all employers and the store. We close at a later time then most Shoppers (12am), some tougher crowds like to come into the store but nothing too serious has happened, yet. I've had to deal with a few shoplifters.

Although supervisor has a lot of responsibilities on duty, I thoroughly enjoy being busy and on my feet for the full 8 hours. – less

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos