Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
stressful
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 16, 2014
Pros: clean environment
Cons: they demand to perform lots of duties in less time
very demanding and stressful to work at shoppers drug mart with absolutely no time to give the patient enough time for counselling.
Not so great
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: 30% discount
It would of been a great place to work good benefits but the managers were young n gossipy.
Face Paced Envrionment
Cashier/Beauty Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONAugust 14, 2014
High customer service requirement.
Always working in a face paced environment.
Learned how to multitask efficiently and effectively.
Working with coworkers is fun yet productive, demonstrate teamwork.
Hardest part is handling situations with extremely unsatisfied customers.
Working with people that have exceptional knowledge and learning from them.
shoppers drugmart was a great company
Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee), milton ontAugust 14, 2014
Pros: no lunches where taken and where deducted
Cons: long hours without pay, heavy lifting and decreased staff hours
this was an excellent company until recently. The head office is slowly getting rid of long time management staff who are making top pay, letting them go for unjust reason and hiring younger less expensive staff. I worked over ten years in management and loved my job , worked hard, long hours , increased sales, played fun instore events to – more... increase productivity and clientele..i loved my job.
I was walked out without notice and replaced by a less experienced individual making half my salary. – less
Pharmacist assitant
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
•Assisted patients with other prescription medication; Filed prescriptions in alphabetical order
•Answer incoming phone calls and input data to computer
•Helped Pharmacist in checking prescriptions for proper dosage
•Maintains high level of confidentiality
•Compounded prescribed pharmaceutical products by calculating, measuring and mixing the quantities – more... of drugs and other ingredients
•Advised customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication – less
Pretty good workplace for my second job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 12, 2014
Pros: everyone was nice
Cons: hard working and doing high school
I enjoyed working there, always had a good day and got along with the people
Great place to work at!!!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 10, 2014
Shoppers Drugs Mart # 0855; This was just a field placement for a month and but this one month went so easy and well, thanks to all the staff and the pharmacy manager who helped me learn things step by step. The people working there are the one's everyone will be looking to work with very supportive all the time.
Extremely Co-operative collegues
Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 8, 2014
Nice working environment and cooperative colleagues. The pharmacy is quite busy yet it is perfectly managed. Customer Service and satisfaction are always considered a priority.
only worked there as a student
Student (Former Employee), ShoppersAugust 8, 2014
Seems like a good place to work, dependent upon the associated
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: eating lunch together with my co-worker
Cons: long hours(waiting for the deliveries of merchandise)
regular day was working with the team.Working with shoppers drug mart for a long time made me learn to be flexible specially with my co-workers and together with the management.The tough part of my job is when do receiving of merchandise from truck and bring it inside the stock room.
productive...most of the time
Cashier (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABAugust 6, 2014
Pros: mostly enjoyable staff
Cons: non flexable. favorites are played by management
a typical work day at shoppers drug mart includes lots of frustrated customers and some very iffy management and ownership. although the supervisors make things easier to handle the managers can sometimes play favorites with the employees. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to have and enjoyable day at work with most of the supervisors – more... and some of the regular customers make the day even better when they have a normal conversation with you besides the standard "Hi, how are you?" a cashier must do – less
Day In the life of a cashier
Photo lab Technician/ Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 6, 2014
Typical day at shoppers front end would be really slow til around 11am to closing it would generate more flow of customers.

Among factors in the store being understaffed, you maybe reqiured to help out with normal tasks such as facing or stocking, on top of normal duties. Other than that no complaints.
Ejoyable. customer service, helping people, good coworkers,..
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), Burlington and Hamilton, ONAugust 1, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: long hours
A typical day would start with the review of the previous days result. Plan marketing for day. Help customers and show them new fun items, as well as helping them find what is suitable for their needs. Schedule staff, review performances, stock, market products, deal with sales reps, order, and plan events.
Stressful Environment
Cash Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: no proper human resources available
Very unorganized management. No communication with staff. Mind you all stores are individually owned, so can't speak for all sdms.
Fun, Sales Driven Position
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJuly 28, 2014
-Assistant manager.
-Demonstrated and recommended cosmetics and skin care products to meet customer needs.
-Achieved sales targets and grew business through relationship building.
I worked here for 20 years and I believe that says alot about the company and my dedication.
National Manager, Cosmetics Operations (Former Employee), Head Office, North York, ONJuly 28, 2014
You can see by my resume that over my 20 year tenure, I enjoyed many different roles: Training and Development, Operations, Business Strategy.

I learned many aspects of business, retail operations, training and project management. I enjoyed all of the roles I did when working here, particularly when working projects that included various divisions – more... and store personnel.

The most difficult decision was deciding to leave, but it was the right decision for me at that time. – less
great
Post Office Clerk/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2014
Pros: nice pace
great place to work
management is great
all staff very friendly
great staff at busy store
Part Time Pharmacy Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: lack of hours
• Worked the cash end in the pharmacy, put away drug orders, answered telephone calls, filed prescription logged and hard copies as well as order entry, filling and compounding prescriptions
• Managed cash register, provided customer service, processed returns, assist with inquiries, sold lottery, bus tickets and stamps, faced merchandise during downtime
fun
Lead Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
working there was great for me in customer relations. As well as learing how to to makeup.
Sdm 2200 north Vancouver = bad news
Cosmetician (Former Employee), North VancouverJuly 23, 2014
Pros: nice community
Cons: terrible associate, terrible front store staff!
I would not recommend applying for the cosmetic manager position just posted in North Vancouver on July 21! The store associate is a terrible Tyrant, who will make your life miserable! He will have weekly meetings with you and put his hand on your thigh! Save your self the trouble don't apply!

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos