Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great atmopshere, Great people
Cosmeticion (Current Employee), Niagara, ONMay 28, 2015
Everyday at work I go over any memos I need to catch up on(any new promos or merch that is going on in the store. I have learned that It is really important to know the ins and out of each department not only my own. The management at shoppers is really approachable and easy to talk to and they have a great family like atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is making sure I greet every single customer that walks into the doors. They are really strict about this and want to make sure not one person passes without saying a friendly greeting. Its hard because I cant walk away from the front for very long and a lot of our product is far from the front. I love being able to find products that customer not only loves but gets amazing points just by spending money.
Customer Service Oriented Position
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), North York, ONMay 27, 2015
Really enjoyed working for Shoppers Drug Mart.
Was responsible for the sales and overall performance of the cosmetic department. Enjoyed all my staff and the customers. Hardest part of the job was learning to set sales goals and targets and achieve them, as this was my first sales oriented job. I enjoyed all of the product knowledge and training, as well as the overall atmosphere of the store.
Great place to work minus the flaws in management
Cash Supervisor/Key holder/Cashier (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayMay 27, 2015
Pros: free products, make new friends
It was a great place to work, a lot of the staff are very friendly. Although some of the staff didn't get along and a few believe they have more authority over other workers (ex: threatening management to have someone fired)
High pressure, low wages, souless bureacracy
Pharmacist (Current Employee), CanadaMay 26, 2015
Pros: staff discount, my co-workers
Cons: no breaks, low wages, open all the time: weekends, evenings
Other than great co-workers (misery loves company) this is not a pleasant place to work for a dedicated health professional. Continuous pressure to reach "metrics" from uncaring, number-crunching middle managers places a strain on one's enjoyment of this once noble profession. Long store hours, now typically open on every stat, including Christmas, New Year's Day,and Easter, and all weekends mean saying goodbye to an ordinary life where social plans with friends and family are made easily. No lunch breaks, no coffee breaks, no washroom breaks, just steady, steady delivery of tasks.

Parking is ample.
A very busy corporate with friendly staff
Head Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), MississaugaMay 26, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Outdate computer hardware
This is a very busy pharmacy with friendly staff. Always trying to get work done before deadline. However, staff understands the importance of teamwork to make the daily activities going smoothly
Great
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBMay 26, 2015
Friendly, organized, amazing co-workers, good hours. Loved the staff, loved the regular customers. Like any other store there was always a bit of gossip.
shopper drug mart review
Merchandiser (Former Employee), BramptonMay 26, 2015
Pros: good staffing, positive workplace, good hours
Cons: adjustment, being late
Having this be my first job during my high school attendance, i was nervous at first, but the managerial staff was extremely helpful and informative during my development as a new employee. My typical day during the week was stocking shelves, doing backroom inventory and stock keeping and customer service. During the weekends, unloading and clearing out areas on the shelves for the following week to prepare for new sales and product placement. My co-workers were very helpful and stern at the same time instilling a professional approach into me while in the work field, though adjusting was the hardest part I over time began to learn how things operated . The most enjoyable part of my job was the completion of a hard or large task single hand-idly without or little assistance.
Fast pace enviroment
Supervisor (Current Employee), St.Albert , ABMay 25, 2015
Pros: great friendly staff
Cons: Not enough pay
Very busy place, always on the go working at shoppers , you never grow bored of this job because there is always something to keep you busy and help your day fly by.
Very rewarding workplace
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 25, 2015
a typical day starts with checking inventory and then stocking the shelves with items that seem to be missing, along with checking for theft and damaged items that have been left behind.
Productive work with friendly management.
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: Shorter shifts, flexibility, independence.
Cons: Repetitive.
A typical in this job was demanding and consisted of completing a variety of tasks however this works to the advantage of people who enjoy busy, fast-paced environments. It assisted in ensuring that the shift went by quickly. The management was professional but also very nice and personable. For those who like to be independent, they do not interfere with your tasks too much and instead trust that employees can handle assigned responsibilities.
Decent place to work to gain valuable experience.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 22, 2015
Management is approachable to gain the information required to enhance job performance. Co-workers are always there to assist you when required. Busy atmosphere as multitasking is a prerequisite of the job.
Productive and Great work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
Great Company to work for, staff is great and sometimes get overwhelming with workload but overall a good work experience.
Fun and Challenging workplace
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed immensely working at this location, although sales were not the best because of the location demographically and economically that this Shopper Drug Mart was placed. There wasn't a strong beauty team at this location. For the 5 months that I was working at this location, there was no Cosmetics Manager therefore us Cosmetician had to figure out most things on our own as opposed to the people that do have a manager on duty. The hardest part of the job was selling. Since the location was not in a very wealthy area not many things were being sold as we hoped they would have. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning so much about different products and about what they do. I've gained some product knowledge about brands like; Lise Waiter, Neostrata and Avene. I also learned a lot the clientele that the beauty industry has. Many different customers and many different needs
Amazing staff and safe environment
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay and great atmosphere
Cons: Longs shifts and heavy lifting
When I got hired at Shoppers Drug Mart, I was the youngest person working there. I was very nervous, however I was welcomed warmly by all of the staff.
PRODUCTIVE
Financial Analytics- RAD (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
OUTSTANDING COMPANY, GOOD TO LEARN NEW SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY GOOD JOB CULTURE, MINIMUM JOB ADVANCEMENT, NEW SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT, FREQUENTLY CHANGES.
Productive, fast pased, pleasant.
Supervisor/Cashier/Photo/Cosmetic (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: No Holidays
Working at Shoppers Drug mart has been a positive and enjoyable learning experience. I have enjoyed working with my fellow employees and meeting new people on a day to day basis.

I have adapted many different skills such as time management, cash handling and communication skills throughout my time working there.

Some difficulties working there was dealing with rude customers and trying to tend to their problems while maintain a positive attitude.

The best parts working there was meeting many different people and making new friends, along with having access to many products and discounts.
Tough to work in but fun to work with
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee), New Westminster CanadaMay 16, 2015
The store is conveniently near a busy station and is frequently busy with stocking and customers trying to buy their groceries before their bus/ train leaves. It is a fast paced environment with frequent traffic. The size of the store made it difficult to spot shop lifters and it was frequently targeted by thieves but the managers and lost prevention officers were always encouraging staff to not get physically involved and protected us, their employees. The management is excellent in managing man-power and services. I learned to manage my emotions and energy in a fast paced environment and to be productive in every minute of your shift. I also picked up administrative skills that can be transitioned to any other retail or office environment. Customer Service was always a pleasure to work with because of the way they ease you into the job and problems were difficult but manageable when they arose.
Great place to work, new things to learn and challenges.
Customer Service, Supervisor, Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 15, 2015
After becoming an employee at Shoppers Drug Mart for about 2 weeks, I was promoted to be a night supervisor which involved being responsible for closing the store. I was also then trained to be a morning shift supervisor which involved being responsible for opening the store and creating the bank deposit for the day before. I was then also trained to work in the post office as well as doing work on the floor (merchandising).
Good company to work for
Front Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 14, 2015
Great/respected company
Pay is decent and benefits are good
would recommend to a friend
most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers meet their needs
Productive work environment
BEAUTY BOUTIQUE EXPERT, MERCHANDISER, CASHIER (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 13, 2015
I did many jobs within the company, from merchandiser to beauty expert. I learned a lot, as this was my first job and I stayed with company for nearly 7 years. Working for the company helped me find my passion for customer service, and the staff was excellent at all of the locations I worked at. I just did not believe in where the company was going in terms of being bought out by another company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more