Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 3, 2015
Really good job! Really helps to develop skills and is a very friendly workplace. Hardest part of the job is the number of customers we have but it only makes us a better customer service team in the end.
Productive and positive work environment
Cashier/Deputy Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Product Discounts, workplaces environment
Cons: Shoplifters and agitated customers
A typical day at work involved greeting and helping customers find the products they were looking for in an efficient and friendly manner, and processing their purchases accurately ensuring that they received applicable discounts and promotions. My tasks also involved processing customer's lottery transactions, resolving customer complaints, stocking shelves with products efficiently and accurately, – more... placing and removing shelf talkers according planograms and flyer deals, organizing the store's backroom, and assisting Supervisor's with additional tasks.

Working in retail has taught me that the key in creating a genuine rapport with customers is to listen and understand them. To remain respectful and maintain a friendly demeanor when dealing with agitated customers.

I have to say that the management at the company I recently worked for was extremely supportive, they helped me grow professionally and on a personal level. All members of management were proficient individuals that were motivated and dedicated. My co-workers were diligent, motivated, positive individuals that became family to me.

The hardest of the job was to stay on top of shoplifters during rush hour times. The most enjoyable part of the job was to arrive at such an enjoyable work environment. – less
productive and fast paced
Makeup Artist // Cashier (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJune 29, 2015
you are always on your feet at this job,
they do not let you sit down until you get your 15 min break,
they don't let you have your phone,
they check your bags when you leave,
they are untrustworthy workers there,
the management is not fair,
will write you up for anything.

ALTHOUGH
i did learn a lot about beauty products. but that was it.
Shoppers Drug Mart
Cashier, and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), GuelphJune 25, 2015
Pros: Amazing Perks for employees
Cons: Seniors are mean to teenagers
I enjoyed my coworkers, very inviting and friendly, no matter the day they were having. Loved everyone there.
Long days, midnights were not fun. Costumers were often mean to me. Did not enjoy seniors day at all.
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Learned everyday
Cons: Long hours
working at Shopper's Drug mart was an impeccable experience. I learned how to improve my customer service skills more, I learned to enhance my analytical skills as well as multi-tasking . My co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was being organized but still assisting customers, but it got easier over time. The most enjoyable was knowing that you can help customer's deliver parcels to loved ones.
Great Place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Langley, BCJune 24, 2015
Nice place to work, people are friendly just like in a family environment, lots to learn, good discounts, schedule is flexible .
relaxing, slow past job
Stock Person/ cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: didn get a chance to actually work their and get paid
volunteering at shoppers I would wake up in the morning every Saturday put stock on shelves and lining them up the correct way. Also did cashier on some days and help customers any time they needed help
Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Timmins, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Full time position
Cons: None
All was good there too. Seven workers where replace by a new counting machine and because I was the last one hired, I was the first to get cut but the boss offered me a job in the post office then got transferred to be a manager at the other Shoppers in the post office.
I like what i do
Cosmetician (Current Employee), 30003 Danforth Avenue,TorontoJune 23, 2015
I get to learn a lot from this job and great management and co-workers.One thing i would like to change is that have more people on the floor.
best place
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee), bcJune 22, 2015
mega organiation
perfect work flow
good benefits

well educated staff ,HW allow you to work better , perefed by the patient
it was ok
STOCKS PERSON (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2015
great place to work, stressful but you learn a lot of stuff. the place i worked at was incredibly dirty. but you earned some decent money so it was ok
Good training program.
cashier/merchandiser/photo lab tech (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good place for young people to work.
Cons: No upward movement.
Good place to develop social skills and meet new people. Very good place to work while going to skill. Decent benefits and training program.
It was a fun time while it lasted...
Renovations Crew (Former Employee), Penticton, BCJune 16, 2015
I was only hired for a month contract, for renovations, which is a bummer considering I enjoyed the job.
Management was good, coworkers were nice, nothing seemed to be bad about it.
Loved working here!
Beauty expert / Cosmetician (Current Employee), Bathurst, NBJune 16, 2015
Pros: Discount, Lots of free lunches or suppers, Good job benefits (full time), Good opportunities
Cons: Lot of pressure to sell
this is by far the best job I've ever had. The manager is great, the whole staff is great! You get a lot of learning opportunities and take some interesting courses online (for cosmeticians). My responsibilities were to assist costumers and help them find the right products for them, work at the cash, clean, stock and face the shelves, do skin analyses and do makeup applications.
word days
Stockroom Clerk (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: somedays we got free subway for working really good
Cons: i would stay an extra 30mins to get a job done
i learned alot from my co-workers they like i parted my difference from the other workers and worked with them like they were family
Don't be afraid to get messy
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJune 15, 2015
While working for this company, I got to see what it takes to clean up after fires, floods and other disasters that can cause havoc on buildings in the city.

When I started, we were restoring the ground floor of the college. It was brutal at the start, because I wasn't used to heavy lifting or working long hours. But by the end, I watched the finished product come together, and it was truly inspiring.
Full time hours appreciated
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 11, 2015
Pros: Many hours
Cons: Short staffed; over worked when requested days off with appropriate notice.
Although at the time I was a full time worker here, I was still doing online classes and had requested specific days off that I was able to work on it. On most occasions I was not granted these days, which was very inconvenient. With this being said, I did like all the hours they were giving me, just not on the days I had preferred.
However, I did learn a lot when employed here. I was taught how to handle/manage a till. I also had multiple occasions with hands on learning in regards to, lottery, merchandise, handling money and especially customer service.
Good job for students / Seniors
Front Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: Employees discount, Safe working environment.
Cons: Negative working environment, Very stressful., Too many non-essential daily tasks and checklists, Corporate Office resources are very disrespectful towards store management teams, Not enough labor hours to operate the business effectively. Heavy workload.
This company is top heavy and treats their store management teams with no respect at all. Corporate Office uses fear and intimidation to motivate. There are too many non-essential make-work projects and daily checklists that staff can't keep up with. Corporate Office always cutting back so many hours in the stores that t has a very negative impact on customer service and staff morale. This is a good job for a p/t student or senior but not a good choice if you're looking for a career in retail management.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Current Employee), Orangeville, ONJune 10, 2015
my typical day at shoppers drug mart is working in retail and helping customers find makeup and/or skincare. The hardest part of the job is trying to educate customers about skincare. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people everyday and able to give them the knowledge about skincare and makeup.
Great environment to work in.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Very positive work environment
Cons: Not enough shifts
Working is alright the shift and work tasks are basic.Co-workers are great and very positive. Learned how to pay attention to detail and organize the store.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more