Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work with friendly management.
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: Shorter shifts, flexibility, independence.
Cons: Repetitive.
A typical in this job was demanding and consisted of completing a variety of tasks however this works to the advantage of people who enjoy busy, fast-paced environments. It assisted in ensuring that the shift went by quickly. The management was professional but also very nice and personable. For those who like to be independent, they do not interfere with your tasks too much and instead trust that employees can handle assigned responsibilities.
Decent place to work to gain valuable experience.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 22, 2015
Management is approachable to gain the information required to enhance job performance. Co-workers are always there to assist you when required. Busy atmosphere as multitasking is a prerequisite of the job.
Productive and Great work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
Great Company to work for, staff is great and sometimes get overwhelming with workload but overall a good work experience.
Fun and Challenging workplace
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed immensely working at this location, although sales were not the best because of the location demographically and economically that this Shopper Drug Mart was placed. There wasn't a strong beauty team at this location. For the 5 months that I was working at this location, there was no Cosmetics Manager therefore us Cosmetician had to figure out most things on our own as opposed to the people that do have a manager on duty. The hardest part of the job was selling. Since the location was not in a very wealthy area not many things were being sold as we hoped they would have. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning so much about different products and about what they do. I've gained some product knowledge about brands like; Lise Waiter, Neostrata and Avene. I also learned a lot the clientele that the beauty industry has. Many different customers and many different needs
Amazing staff and safe environment
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay and great atmosphere
Cons: Longs shifts and heavy lifting
When I got hired at Shoppers Drug Mart, I was the youngest person working there. I was very nervous, however I was welcomed warmly by all of the staff.
PRODUCTIVE
Financial Analytics- RAD (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2015
OUTSTANDING COMPANY, GOOD TO LEARN NEW SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY GOOD JOB CULTURE, MINIMUM JOB ADVANCEMENT, NEW SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT, FREQUENTLY CHANGES.
Productive, fast pased, pleasant.
Supervisor/Cashier/Photo/Cosmetic (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONMay 16, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: No Holidays
Working at Shoppers Drug mart has been a positive and enjoyable learning experience. I have enjoyed working with my fellow employees and meeting new people on a day to day basis.

I have adapted many different skills such as time management, cash handling and communication skills throughout my time working there.

Some difficulties working there was dealing with rude customers and trying to tend to their problems while maintain a positive attitude.

The best parts working there was meeting many different people and making new friends, along with having access to many products and discounts.
Tough to work in but fun to work with
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee), New Westminster CanadaMay 16, 2015
The store is conveniently near a busy station and is frequently busy with stocking and customers trying to buy their groceries before their bus/ train leaves. It is a fast paced environment with frequent traffic. The size of the store made it difficult to spot shop lifters and it was frequently targeted by thieves but the managers and lost prevention officers were always encouraging staff to not get physically involved and protected us, their employees. The management is excellent in managing man-power and services. I learned to manage my emotions and energy in a fast paced environment and to be productive in every minute of your shift. I also picked up administrative skills that can be transitioned to any other retail or office environment. Customer Service was always a pleasure to work with because of the way they ease you into the job and problems were difficult but manageable when they arose.
Great place to work, new things to learn and challenges.
Customer Service, Supervisor, Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 15, 2015
After becoming an employee at Shoppers Drug Mart for about 2 weeks, I was promoted to be a night supervisor which involved being responsible for closing the store. I was also then trained to be a morning shift supervisor which involved being responsible for opening the store and creating the bank deposit for the day before. I was then also trained to work in the post office as well as doing work on the floor (merchandising).
Good company to work for
Front Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioMay 14, 2015
Great/respected company
Pay is decent and benefits are good
would recommend to a friend
most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers meet their needs
Productive work environment
BEAUTY BOUTIQUE EXPERT, MERCHANDISER, CASHIER (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 13, 2015
I did many jobs within the company, from merchandiser to beauty expert. I learned a lot, as this was my first job and I stayed with company for nearly 7 years. Working for the company helped me find my passion for customer service, and the staff was excellent at all of the locations I worked at. I just did not believe in where the company was going in terms of being bought out by another company.
Good job to have in the retail industry.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 13, 2015
In a typical day, I'm providing excellent customer service, stocking shelves, making sure the store is clean and safe, as well as lifting heavy boxes and items repeatedly throughout a shift. I learned how to manage my time in order to finish tasks on time, and as efficient as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people
Great place to work, I learned so much
Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 12, 2015
-Learned how to be a good leader to my co-workers
-My co-workers were amazing they taught me so much
-The managment was always there when you need them
As a cosmetician
Responsibilities as a Cash Supervisor/Cosmetician (Former Employee), TorontoMay 10, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: Bad management
As a cosmetician at Shoppers Drug Mart, everyday a new task was given. Even though our main focus was to sell high end products, as staff, we all had to maintain the stores appearance. I loved the co-workers that I worked with. We all got along very well, and we worked as a team. Given that we were a commission based staff, as a team, we always knew how to work with each other rather against.

The best thing that ever came out of myself working at Shoppers, was the relationship I built with each of my customers. Getting to understand and know a person can teach you a lot. Which in my case taught me that everyone isn't the same
Productive, Busy, Hard Working Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Springdale SquareMay 9, 2015
it was an great opportunity to experience a retail environment as a merchandiser and associate in such a busy franchise location
Workplace environment was often depressing but despite that the job itself was easy enough once I learned how to do everything.
Postal Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 8, 2015
- Work mainly as a cashier as I would stand in the post office and deal with customers, when no customers are present then I had to go around the store and face all the inventory.

- I learned a lot about how mail is delivered, I learned how to take passport photos, money gram, etc. As my first job I found the experience that it gave me has made me more responsible and has had an overall positive impact on my life.

- Management was solid for the most part, my post office manager was very helpful.

- Co-workers were nice and fun to work with for the most part, built good friendships with a few.

- The hardest part would have to be learning every thing a post office clerk needs to know as there is so much to know, at the start some of the customers would ask me to do things that I wouldn't know how to do as it isn't a task that is done very often, and I would have to call my post office manager and she would help me out. But after a couple try's I had got it down and now know how to do everything quite efficiently.

- The most enjoyable part of my job, other than my breaks, would be dealing with people and working with my co-workers. I'm an outgoing person so to me dealing with customers is enjoyable for the most part.
Productive and respectful workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Manotick, ONMay 8, 2015
Shoppers Drug Mart offered me a productive and respectful workplace that allowed for multiple advancement opportunities.
Great for people who have no experience
Store Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2015
It was fun, got to meet new people, very helpful in making your daily tasks easy and understandable. They are very flexible.
Productive place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee), Blenheim, ONMay 6, 2015
Great co-workers, family feeling.
Certain hours are busier then others, team work is essential.
Optimum Rewards are great!
friendly place to work
merchandiser (Current Employee), Regina, SaskatchewanMay 5, 2015
I like going to work but there is a few problems I had since I have been there. It is just the way the FSDM treats her staff and me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more