Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved all of my fellow employees
Cosmetic Merchandiser/Cosmetician (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Happy and fun enviroment
Cons: Heath plan not the best
Lots of fun and regular customers
Great group of people i worked with
Hours weren't the best, working mainly until midnight every shift was tiring
training schools provided free of charge
Productive Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 29, 2015
A typical day at Shoppers is busy, as a cooperative education student i found that there was always something that needs to be done, or a customer that needs help finding what they are looking for.I learned a lot working at Shoppers such as things like being on cash, the store routine, and where certain items could be found in the store, and where things belong. All of my co-workers were really kind – more... and helpful, i really enjoyed working with all of them. The hardest part of the job was scanning all of the UPC codes for all of the items in certain isles and keeping track of how many bar codes were scanned to make sure the store orders enough of a certain product that was on low stock. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to satisfy customers, interact with them and also learn new things from more experienced co-workers every single day. – less
Job Equality
Front store supervisor (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Mall parking
I was the store supervisor, which meant I would handle the stores cash flow from the day before and distribute change to our cashiers when necessary. I handled lottery as well. The best part was always having a set schedule. And the toughest was having to park at the Mall because of trying to find parking and
Poor
Merchandiser - Section Captain (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Discounted items for employee's
Cons: work and wage not proportion work>wage
Some of the management and staff are very hard to work with. No team work and poor management among the employees. although you can get good discounts on every item they sell, it is still not enough to compensate the work done vs wage.
good
Merchandiser (Current Employee), HamiltonAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Collegues
I love working here, the employees and management team are really nice. The hours are good and pay is average. Ive only worked here for 3 months but I want to advance my job
Decent experience
BeautyBoutique Expert (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABAugust 27, 2015
Working for Shoppers was a great experience, I learned so many different things and excelled in so many different ways, I absolutely loved my job until management changed and completely changed my work environment to a negative space, being the reason I left the company.
great environment to work in
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
At shoppers drug mart daily tasks are done accurately and on time. The employees are mainly involved with costumer service and costumer satisfaction. The management needs to realize the potential of certain employees and allow the employees to grow and develop other skills in the company instead of being stuck in the same department for a long time. The co-workers at shoppers drug mart are great because all do the best to work as a team and get all the tasks done.
easily working environment, Good management, Professional working Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Calgary,ABAugust 24, 2015
Pros: overtime available, staff discounts.
I learnt how to deal with customers friendly and handling cash, stock items on the shelves, l like friendly co-workers, friendly management.
Sales Associate
Customer Service (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 24, 2015
This was a great job, I felt appreciated, busy and at home. It was fun and joyful working here. I have learned a lot of skills and experience from working here.
easy work that always kept you busy.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 21, 2015
It was a very easy going environment with strait forward requirements.

Management was easy to talk with and not impossible to get a hold of when needed.

little bit of a learning curve in how to do the job both right and effectively.

coworkers can make or break a job and this one had a mix.

the enjoyable part was that the work was in a consistency and lasted long enough that the shift went by very fast.

the hardest part was having to compensate for lacking coworkers making excuses for not showing up and just not doing their work properly.
A great place to gain experience
Supervisor, Cashier (Former Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 20, 2015
It was a very fast paced environment at times, but I gained very valuable customer service and office experience there.
Service Desk Analyst
Associate Project Manager/SPC (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2015
A lot of hard work
A lot of employee turnover
Management not really the best
A lot of processes to learn
Great Overtime available
cashier/ machandiser/ post office/ office
Customer service oriented (Former Employee), summerside, Edmonton AlbertaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: potluck
Cons: challenging customers
Balancing money, counting lottery tickets, handlling cash, stock items on the shelves, low stock, friendly co-workers, friendly owner.
Wonderful Family like working condition
Front Store Manager (Current Employee), KitchenerAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Staff Discount
Cons: not much travelling
Its always a fun to start a day at my shoppers, we planefor the day and set a goal to achive, then work as team to get our goal.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 14, 2015
I really like working at shoppers because I like working with the other staff and I enjoy getting to see all of my regular customers.
Good Retail Work
merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
I liked doing my work as boxing and moving boxes to the appropriate places and learned to use a cash register. I developed new skills not used in previous work like merchandising and working quick. My co workers were really nice to me and I did not have absolutely! No Trouble. Being dependable is very hard. The tasks for the job are easy and enjoyable.
Fun and Engaging place to work at!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 11, 2015
Shoppers taught me how to become more neat, while teaching me how to deal with other tasks such as multitasking with other customers and product placement.
Work-placement Conflicts
Supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Friendly working environment
Each day at workplace is new experience. To effectively handle the workplace conflicts, an individual should follow these steps:
Talk with the other person.
Focus on behavior and events, not on personalities (Don`t judge people on past behavior)
Listen carefully.
Identify points of agreement and disagreement.
Prioritize the areas of conflict. .
Develop a plan to work on each conflict. ...
Follow through on your plan
Great 2nd job in my lifetime without a pool table
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
A typical day at work was to complete many tasks before the store's operating hours ended.

Didn't learn much; however, management was structured well and room for improvement.

My co-workers I considered to be great friends. A few months ago my co-workers

The hardest part of the job, but I believe as an employee I should have done better work.

the most enjoyable part of the job were the staff parties.!.!.!

All in all, the time spent within the company was accepting. I never
Friendly, respectful, productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Canmore, ABAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Happy environment
Cons: Long hours
Busy environment with friendly, helpful and respectful management and staff working together to give excellent customer service. Hard working and fun environment.
Headquarters