Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great
Post Office Clerk/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2014
Pros: nice pace
great place to work
management is great
all staff very friendly
fun
Lead Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2014
working there was great for me in customer relations. As well as learing how to to makeup.
It was an enjoyable and learning experience
Food Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: ability to switch shifts if needed to fit in home life
Cons: not always enough staff to get jobs completed on time
I worked an 8 hour day with breaks fitting around activities happening at the store. I learned many things about keeping track of inventory and ordering product both through sales rep and through automatic ordering over the instore web.The management was fair and treated everyone in the store as an equal weather pert time or full time which was respected – more... by most of the employees. The hardest part of the job was trying to fit an order of 20 skids into an area that held only 14 skids while still trying to follow company standards. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help a customer get the products they needed when they were unable to find them or to special order specific items in order to help someone out. – less
A typical day
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work included
- dealing with customers and directing them to the correct item they are looking for
- dealing with customer complaints
-Cashier
- Merchandising
Fun work environment
Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2014
This job allowed me to be my own manager the majority of the time. It was a fun atmosphere with fun products to play with and show customers. The hours were long, and midnight shifts were hard to stay energized for. All in all, it was a fun place to work for a short time.
Not very social, easy to work
Volunteer (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 17, 2014
This is not a very social experience. Waiting for costumers that wanted gifts to be wrapped made it to be a very long day, and made it to be a very boring experience. The Shoppers employees are nice and friendly. They are easy to get along with and seem like they love their job. They always have a smile on their faces.
Fun place to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Pros: working independently, no one to boss around.
Cons: cannot go for lunch or break as working alone.
Easy to work with customers. Own pace, working independently. Try to help the front store staff for merchandising. When the system is down very hard to satisfy customers with all network problems.
You will be stuck
Cosmetician (Former Employee), bramptonJuly 15, 2014
I have been a cosmetician for a year.. the commission is nice, but if you are part time, your hours suck. it is very hard to advance unless you are full time, and you only get offered full time if the current one leaves. the pay is a little above minimum wage and they want you to perform tasks outside of your job description, i had to work 4-12 then – more... go back the next day at 8-4 and if you get called in on your day off they expect you to come running into work. – less
Productive and Encouraging Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great discounts for staff
Cons: long and demanding hours
I learned that working in a retail setting such as shoppers drug mart performing a group of different roles and task can be challenging as a supervisor. It is a very fast paced environment and requires one to be extremely organized and detailed oriented.Shoppers Drug mart is a great place to work because the managers coach and prepare employees for – more... success in whatever they set out to do for the company. The most enjoyable part of this job are the rewards we receive for our hard work such great discounts, fancy Christmas dinners, and party for special occasion. – less
i know about the system very well .
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: i am ok
Cons: long hours
I was working till end of June 2014, right now moved to Toronto and looking for a job .
Great workplace
Intermediate CAD Designer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: commute
Always well motivated working with one of the best teams in Merchandising. A company that makes you feel proud to be a part of.
Everyone is friendly, helpful, customer service oriented and we make a great team, working here is just like being part of the familly.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package and free in house training.
Cons: low wages and not enough hours so i have to work 6-7 days a week and still can't pay my bills.
The hardest part of the job is inability to give customers timely service with lineup at both counters, phone ringing off the hook and only two people working in the pharmacy.

The most enjoyable part is when customer leaves us happy and well looked after ( all questions re new medication answered , med review) and comes back with family and friends – more... to use our pharmacy.

My co workers are great we help each other and make very good team. When pharmacy is busy they will receive medications order and on the slower days I will help stock up front store shelves - by now I can find anything in the store not only in the OTC section. We give better customer service. – less
Pleasant and quiet, with looping radio announcments
Cashier and Floor worker (Former Employee), Queen St. MississaugaJune 30, 2014
Pros: not physically demanding, simple work, good scheduling practices
Cons: can get very boring
Days were pleasant and easygoing, lots of regular customers. I learned how to work as a cashier, and as part of a team. The management at Shoppers were all pleasant to work with, as well as the co workers. There's a very calming environment created inside the stores themselves, almost like walking around an old folks home. Hardest part of the job would – more... be on points events days. Customers go berserk for their optimum points.
My favourite aspect of this job was working as a cashier and getting to know some of the regular customers. Many were very friendly and made the job that much more pleasant. – less
Learned a lot of New experiences
Co op Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 27, 2014
Learned how to cash handle.
Learned how to do lottery.
Learned how to face products.
Learned customer service skills.
Complements me!
Cashier (Former Employee), toronto, onJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: minimum wage
Loved working here because everyone was so compassionate.The atmosphere was very cool, and I was allowed to be around products I enjoyed talking about.
productive and enjoyable workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 21, 2014
Pros: 50 minutes break, divided on either 45 and 15 minutes or the whole 50 minutes
Cons: if busy breaks might to be given
A typical day at work would be training new technician, preparing medications and helping customers on cash and look for product.

Things I have learned, better costumer service skills, better problem solving skills and better time management skills.
Eventful
COSMETICS & BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee), markham, onJune 19, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: no recognition
A typical day at work would be greeting customers, maintaining stores visual, meeting sales quota and updating customers on to the new I Pad system. I have learned about every single brand we carry, I now know how to recommend added products that a customer might be interested in adding to his or her routine.
Helpful staff, Fun workplace
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Brampton,ONJune 19, 2014
Learned customer skills, management skills Co-workers are very hard working , the hardest part of the job mad customers, The most enjoyable part of the Job is facing up whole store and tag items
good learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, B.CJune 19, 2014
- Slow work pace
- Learned how to use a cash register
- The management was hands on and was always there when we needed them.
- Made a lot of friends working at shoppers, had fun working there mainly because of the co-workers.
- Balancing full time school with the amount of shift I was getting.
- Working along side with the friends I made there.
Fabulous co-workers
Make-Up Artist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 18, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: lack of management
One of the reasons I love working at Shoppers is the amazing people you get to work with! I am constantly learning from my peers and it give me a reason to come into work every day!

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos