Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fast pace but stupid supervisors.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 31, 2015
a supervisor once hung up on a customer when they had asked if we sold USB's, supervisor would forget an employee break and would disappear into the staff lounge to text.. Boss had tried to say working an 8 hour shift you only get 1 break and a lunch when the paper on the staff wall clearly said 2 breaks 1 lunch, argued back saying it was a typo.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee), manotickJuly 30, 2015
I started off at shoppers before the store has open. I stocked the store for grand opening. I was then offered a part time job as a cashier. I was very shy before starting at Shoppers and have come out – more... of my bubble. A frequent customer told me that i was so shy and i have really come out of my shell. I love all my coworkers and working there. The hardest part of my job would be working till midnight then working at another job at 7am. The most enjoyable part of my job would be leaving the store seeing that its all faced due to my work that night. – less
overall good experience
Beauty Expert (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 30, 2015
I worked a lot of weekends which is to be expected working in retail. Some days were better then others though it was an overall good experience. Gaining knowledge and getting products to try so we could have our own personal opinion on things.
Good
Cash Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was a great experience learning a new tasks with a company that management always showing us new ways to sell more products and co-workers were great and also customer service was a main goal to accomplish great sales for this organization.
ok
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 27, 2015
sf bsfh sbf hb hrsb djgn sng af gs gnd fbs fs htd g bfz fr jg fsb bf bf fhs tjd f s sf fb sfj gbzdvg b hs bfsh b zb ah sh baf hs h s bs ga jyn s g eh gn s gs rns gba h sr bhsx bs h
Proffesional Growth
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2015
I found the working environment very conducive. Shoppers really care for its customer and strives to serve them best.I worked in Shoppers Drug Mart as Pharmacy Assistant and also did my internship for my licensing as a Pharmacist.
fun and friendly
Cosmetician-Cosmetic Merchandiser (Current Employee), St.Albert, ABJuly 25, 2015
typical day consisted of: putting out stock, assisting customers to find the right products they were looking for, tracking my sales, performing basic till functions such as purchases made by customers, – more... doing returns, price checks, ect. I am also trained as a supervisor so a typical day for that would be similar to cosmetics but also cashing tills out, doing deposits, dealing with any customer or till issues, balancing floats and lottery/bus tickets.
in all of my years working for Shoppers as a company I learned a lot about teamwork, customer service skills, how to handle stressful situations calmly. I was trained in multiple departments to expand my knowledge and skills.
The management team was always easy to go to with a problem and worked well with their employees creating a bond and a fun work environment. I've also always got along with other employees creating friendship bonds. I have enjoyed everyone I've worked with at all 3 Shoppers stores I've worked for. – less
Working to help customers choosing the correct skin and facial products.
Cosmitician/ Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Albion CentreJuly 23, 2015
It was a challenging job at the beginning but the management team definitely played an important part to achieve the daily targets by working together. It is all about customer satisfaction with the presented products.
Workers are awesome
Store Front Supervisior (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJuly 23, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: No time to drop off and pick up children from school
the job was nice a good pace to the day. the only thing was not having the ability to drop my Children off at school then come into work.
Poor Wages
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Store Discount
Cons: Poor Wages
They are a good place to work especially for someone just gaining experience in the work atmosphere. They are a hard company to get hired by though. Some stores are flexible with your hours where I find – more... others are expecting you to be available anytime. In this kind of business they should be more flexible and know how to schedule more appropriately so they can create more flexibility. The wages could be more. Discounts are good. – less
The rough parts and quiet people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Keswick, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Lovely coworkers
Cons: Oversized Uniform
When I first started out at shoppers learning lottery was tricky for me, but after awhile I started to get the hang of it. It was one of the hardest parts of the job. Most of my co-workers kept to themselves, we all did our own duties and that was all
More challenging
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2015
The most busiest pharmacy i have ever worked before. I worked with high professional team. I am a volunteer and learned the duties and responsibilities as a Pharmacy Assistant.
Shoppers Drug Mart
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Devon shire MallJuly 21, 2015
I had a seasonal job at shoppers and worked in the back room with lifting heavy boxes and moving heavy carts around. my co-workers were very welcoming, talked to me a lot and helped me out through my job – more... with them. the hardest part of the job was probably having to find most of the products on the shelves. and what i liked about the job was the environment and how everyone treated me and accepted me – less
Love working with Shoppers.
Cashier (Current Employee), Chipman, NBJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Employee discount.
Cons: N/A
I do really enjoy working for Shoppers Drug Mart. They truly do lead you in the right direction and always make sure you are comfortable with what your doing and have all the knowledge you need to get your job done.
Part-time job at Shoppers Drug Mart
Cosmetician/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Moncton, NBJuly 17, 2015
Pros: %30 off discount store wide
Cons: late nights
A typical day at work with this company, is working in customer service and merchandising on the floor. Learning the cash, putting out stock and facing shelves to make them look good. All around a good – more... place for employment and a good company to grow into. I learned that customer service is an amazing skill to have and I'm glad to have had the opportunity to gain experience with Shoppers. Management is different at every store you go to but all having the same guide lines. All in all reasonable to deal with, and co- workers are a part of every job that you can take or leave, in my experience it wasn't the best situation, however its like that where ever you go. The hardest part of the job is some of the lifting, however that being said there is very little of it. The most enjoyable part is building relationships with co-workers and customers being able to like going into work everyday. – less
New Store Setup Crew (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Limited hours
This is a good company to be employed by. I was only in the new store set up crew but the few months I was with them it was a good environment and nice people with good management.
Very kind and welcoming people
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 16, 2015
My co-workers are always willing to help and provide constructive criticism whenever necessary.I was also able to learn a lot of technical and organizational skills under the supervision of the pharmacist.
Cash Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee), NewcastleJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Discount
responsible for:
-cashier and merchandisers
-till and safe counts
-key holder
-team work and organizing everyone's tasks for the day
Good working environment with friendly people
Cashier/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kennedy and EglintonJuly 10, 2015
During a typical day at work, I communicate with different types of costumers and help them shop in a comfortable way. After working at shoppers, I've learned to handle a lot of tasks at once and work – more... in a fast pace. The management in the store is good and the co-workers are friendly and helpful.The hardest part of the job is when i have to deal with unruly costumers, however not all the costumers are rude; most of the costumers are friendly and engage in a nice conversation, which for me is the fun part of being at work. – less
a challenging place to stay due to the way the store is run
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management doesn't have time for thier breaks
A typical day is playing catch up from the previous day. The store I'm in the staff and management don't understand working as a team is the way to complete each job and keep the workplace fun.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more