Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it was great
Assisting Pharmacist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 11, 2016
I learned a lot during my work experience placement. it was really interesting to see how the pharmacy works. i enjoyed working with the people and they were very friendly.
Shoppers Drug Mart is a good place of employment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: A lot of training and can help customers
Cons: Poor Direction, Independent most of the time.
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart is fast paced and demanding at times. The management at Shoppers was good. There are always opportunities that management could have improved there response but most of the time the management team was good. The co-workers at Shoppers all worked together to get the job done. The most enjoyable part about Shoppers was the reward of helping customers out and making there experience fast and convenient.
very friendly work environment and having regular customers made work fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: got extra optimum points and great employee deals
Cons: the salary was not enough for the responsibility I had.
Working at Shoppers was a great experience we had a pretty solid daily routine from open to close. We had our daily sales and senior deals plus being our main location in beverly we had a lot of regular customers that I remember as a child myself. As a supervisor there I had to learn to work in all departments becuase I would have to cover breaks for the post office and cosmetics. Having to do that it taught me about working in those different departments and the different protocol they took for their customers.The staff there was like one big family everyone got along and despite age or race we all had a liking to one another and worked well as a team. A struggle as a supervisor was just trying to keep customers happy over the most minor incidents, such as a sale being over a day before the customer realized or if something was ten cents over on their receipt and just dealing with impatient customers when we are very busy and the lineups are long. Overall I truly enjoyed working there because of the environment and the relationships I built with the customers.
Enjoyable work place, great staff
Beauty Expert (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Good hours, off-site trainings, free products
Cons: Recently been given less hours
I learned to provide expertise in product information, advising and guiding customer on beauty products, services and promotions, due to my continuous contributions in attending training sessions regularly, and my proven knowledge of various beauty products and services available, whilst working on commission based sales without compromising my exceptional customer service

I managed to build valuable relationships with my manager as well as my co-workers. I enjoy working with others and learning new things. It is difficult for me to identify the hardest part of the job because I do not view work place tasks on a scale of "easy to hard", I view them as a challenge and a learning experience. This makes the job and the task more enjoyable, rather than difficult.
Interesting work enviorment
Merchandiser and Front Cashier (Former Employee), Victoria Park, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Interesting enviorment
Cons: Boring job
I enjoyed going to work, I had flexible hours and the employees there were quit nice and respectful to everyone. I spent most my day stocking items onto shelves and putting up the new items and doing front cashier. I enjoyed begin a front cashier sometimes things can get a bit to crazy.
Post office , cashier
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), The Pas, MBFebruary 8, 2016
The job was good but the manager is very horrible
Somebody has to do something about her. She is making shoppers a bad name
Fast paced, fun environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Hour breaks
Cons: Late shifts
A typical day of work at Shoppers Drug Mart was quite repetitive, many tasks included replenishing and organizing stock both on the floor and in the backroom; as well as dealing with customer requests and concerns. The co-workers at Shoppers were very kind, overtime I built real friendships in and outside of work which in turn made my work experience that much better. The management in my workplace had its strengths and weaknesses, there were a handful of managers who were really involved with the employees while some did not take notice of the flaws or mistakes which made my work experience harder. The hardest part of my job was definitely the late shifts I had to work, having to work until 12AM really hindered my ability to give my all in the workplace, naturally I would get tired overtime so having to remain energetic throughout my shift was a challenge, although I do believe it helped me strengthen my customer service skills. All in all Shoppers Drug Mart was a learning experience, I mastered my job requirements, improved my customer service skills, and taught my commitment to a company.
fun place to work great people
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 7, 2016
shoppers is a great place to work at
great enviorment
love the customers mangemet is helpful there is an opprortunity of growth i have learne alto of the company
Impossible Expectations
Receiver (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Absolutely none...Run...run for your life!
Cons: Think of the worse job you've ever had...now try and get that job back!
In my short time with Shoppers Drug Mart I have learned that they are out for blood! SDM has unreasonably high expectations of what can be accomplished in a day/week/month.

From the second you step foot into work, you are expected to hustle at top speed ALL day, EVERYDAY! And good luck getting a break, if it doesn't align with the "needs of the store" you are out of luck.

SDM's main focus is the bottom line. They preach customer service but make it nearly impossible to execute. They don't really want you to get to know your customers, they just want to make sure they aren't stealing from you...or worse, make sure that both of you are accomplices in a big scheme.

SDM does not create a happy work environment. In fact, it seems that do whatever they can to prevent that from ever happening.
funplace to work
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Shoppers is a fun place to work it is a family work environment. lots of free education that you can improve your skill and great tools as well to learn for your future positions.
great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 5, 2016
the staff all meshed well the team worked together as a unit. the mangers work with us to ensure that the workplace stay safe and fun for everyone. would work there again in a heart beat..
Great
• Phone calls
- Great staff
- Built lasting relationships
- Flexible hours
Fast pace workplace with fun co-workers
Canada Post Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Excellent team work
I learned many things in multiple departments.
It was always energetic and demanding but easy going with always
something to do. The staff was amazing to work with and they taught me many things that I will continue to carry with me through other employment offers.
Good Customer Service
Team Players
Courteous and Respectful
Exciting workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Not much to do
I passed out gifts and food to guests at the Gala event and also greeted the guests. I prepared food and gifts in the storage room to be handed out to the guests.
Very friendly staff and flexible schedule. Minimal stress, loving regular customers.
Shift Supervisor Makeup Artist/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: flexible work schedule, management.
Cons: slow days.
A typical day of work consisted of regular charismatic approaches of customer service and pleasing all people needing help. Some fast paced hours on the work floor and the rest of time was spent doing merchandising and back room paperwork duties.

Management saw I was a fast learner and were very eager to raise my duty levels to a more advanced area. Left me to find work on my own and feel as though I could bring more leadership to the workplace.

The hardest part of the job would have been some limits to the amount of product for specific customers who had specific skin disorders or pigment issues. But nothing specifically to do with my workplace I was very happy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on my customers faces as they walk away the rewarding fulfilment of satisfying someone is entirely worth the hours spent finding the perfect products to suit them.
Amazing work environment!!!
front store supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Staff
Cons: none
Working at Shoppers drug mart 2417 in Fort Murray was an amazing experience. The staff, employer, and associate owner there were the best I have had the pleasure of working with. In my opinion we were like a family and worked great together. I would still be there if I didn't move from Fort Mcmurray.
Working for a business within a business
Post office Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Host businesses for Canada Post don't understand what post office is about or what is needed so it can be very frustrating when not enough staff is provided for the busy times, or even for break coverage. Managers need more authorization to run a well functioning post office.
Loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Good experience
Cons: Rude customers
I worked in cosmetics just for two months in the summer, but I had an amazing time. I learned a lot, I love the people that I worked with and I got to practise my makeup skills almost every day.
Positive and fun Place to work
Customer Service Cosmetician (Current Employee), Rockland, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: always new things to learn
Cons: wage not sufficient
I enjoy working at Shoppers Drug Mart I have been employed here for 8 years part time as a secondary job and I have gained a lot of good customer service experience, I've also filled many different position as cashier,Merchandiser, Front Store Supervisor and Cosmetician.
Headquarters