Shoppers Drug Mart

1.1K reviews

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Employer/Employee relationship - Mutually beneficial - Educational
IT Project Coordinator - Bilingual (Former Employee), Toronto, Ontario (243 Consumers Rd.)November 5, 2013
Pros: freedom to manage my workload and schedule, ability to apply bilingual skills, positive work environment; great location.
Cons: limited ability to work remotel, google office products, was not able to travel to quebec, or the atlantic provinces for any of my projects.
SDM provided daily challenges from a multitasking perspective. Working on projects in other provinces meant constantly reaching out to other team members and vendors to ensure that the project timeline was respected; and to reschedule priority tasks, when necessary.

Moving into the role of Bilingual IT Project Coordinator allowed me to apply knowledge gained in my previous support role to the best effect when scheduling the installation, move, addition or change of any IT related equipment. It also provided an avenue to learn about Project Management; and build the necessary skills to work toward PMP certification.

The corporate culture at SDM is such that from the top down, management and co-workers promote a positive work environment. The people I knew and worked with appreciate hard work, dedication, a willingness to learn and the ability to back each other up whenever needed. I developed a familial bond with many people throughout the company. (Including in other provinces)

The most difficult part of my time at SDM was when they made the decision to switch from Microsoft Office products to Google's Gmail and Office products, which are not very conducive to a large business/office environment. Using the Google product meant automatically adding several steps to tasks that we had honed down as a team to their most efficient processes. In short, we went from being very efficient, to being as efficient as frustratingly possible with extremely inefficient tools.

Working with people would have to be the most enjoyable part of the job. Whether on the phone with someone in another – more... province, or with other team members, or with people from other departments. It was extremely rewarding to share experiences with such wonderful people on both a professional and personal level.

At the end of my contract, my co-workers/friends all pitched in to buy my a propane BBQ; and many of them took me out to farewell dinner parties, as well as the cake party at the office. Truly wonderful people! – less
management can make or break a store. you broke it.
Cosmetician/ Beauty Expert (Former Employee), Calgary ABMarch 28, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: bad management !!!!!
a typical day at work:
consisted of me, cleaning up after my co workers
cleaning the entire cosmetics area
facing multiple areas
helping costumers find makeup, skincare, and perfumes

what i learned:
not much, my manager basically ignored me because i had already worked at a shoppers before. what she failed too realize is most shoppers differ from each other leaving me looking stupid when she says "yea we don't do that here."

also, don't change your availability before your 3 months, they will fire you, even if you have school.

management:
worst. manager. ever.
i have worked for people that have tried to deny me overtime pay and i would rate the cosmetics manager lower than them.
she made up her own rules that are NOT shoppers drug mart policy
examples: denying me a PDT log in. denying me makeup brushes (i need those to do my job) and saying "its o-k if the testers are expired, just leave them out." gross. taking shifts and hours away without telling me, and not caring whether it impacts me.

co workers:
did not get too know the cosmetics staff much (they were very quiet)
the cashiers and merchandisers were mostly friendly and i had no issues with the rest of the staff.

the hardest part of my job:
not quitting. i wrote out a dozen notices. the only reason i didn't was because it was close to home and easy to get there.

most enjoyable part of my job:
when i told her i was not coming in the next day.good luck finding someone who wants 10- 15 hours a week. not livable.

also the discount is great!

P.S i am NOT blaming shoppers, its – more... all about who manages.
the staff can change a store dramatically. i have worked at 2 other shoppers and was never this disrespected. i am only leaving this bad review to warn people that they should not put up with this from a professional employer ever! – less
Good balance between a fun and enjoyable work place and getting daily tasks done to the best of our ability.
Supervisor,Cashier,Merchandiser,Post Office Clerk (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: An amazing team who put in a lot of effort
Cons: Not being able to communicate in the best way possible
A typical day at work would be opening/closing the store, doing the required paper work, completing daily tasks, making tasks list for those who will work with me, making sure the store is running smoothly, tackling any problems that come about, having to make quick yet the right decisions in certain matters, putting in extra time when needed for the betterment of the store, and solving any type of disputes and technical problems; for me it depends on what department I will be in that day. Since this is my first job, I have learned a lot of new things. I have learned everything there is to know about merchandising. I have learned to make planograms, labels, sale tags, how to do low stock count, and how to do cycle count; counting everything we have physically and making sure it matches to the what the system says we should have. I have learned how to receive and find a spot for parcels as well as ,sending parcels out; when I am in post office, As a supervisor I have learned a lot of computer related duties, which can be different for different companies. I have learned to work really quick and be efficient which makes me a reliable employee. The management at Shoppers is extremely understandable and treat employees like family. My co-workers are extremely friendly and are willing to put in extra time when needed, as well as we all work together as a team and help each other out in any way we can. The hardest part of my job is managing my time and everyone else time in the best way possible. Because there are days where the store is extremely busy and I know that everything – more... that needs to get done, wont be able to get finished, so I have to come up with a plan in which any spare time we get, can be used efficiently. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people that I do. The environment at this work place is amazing and it makes getting through the hardest days easier. – less
Cosmetician
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: excellent customer service experience
Cons: management played a bad role and were unprofessional
The Good: Amazing connection with customers! I absolutely loved the regular customers or passing along customers that came in everyday. Great consultations. They literally were the best part of my day. Good interaction with brand representatives and education aspect- was super knowledgeable. Get to work with lots of different products, especially when doing skin and makeup consultations. Super fun!

The Bad: Everything was shift work. Employees that had been working there for a long time, always had the good shifts and was quite convenient for them. The slowest and boring days were given to the part-timers. Too much expectation from a minimum paying job, from management and head office. Especially if you are only working 2 shifts per week. No form of advancement in the department. To much favoritism when it comes to scheduling and getting tasks done. Again, if you have been working there for a long time, it was easy breezy. If you have been working there for about 9 months or so, no one cares about your opinion. Training (by management) was not dead right, hence as time went on I picked up on things on my own. Other employees really looked down on you, for not doing certain tasks (which were suppose to be mentioned in the training aspect!) IF you are part-time and get less than 20 hours, expect to be considered ``on-call `` they will call you for a two hours last minute and expect you to be okay with it and be committed to it. Since in the contract it does not mention such conditions.

Overall, the management requires structure and shift in professionalism. It can be an enjoyable – more... environment to work in provided, there is a chance for people to excel and get more opportunities as well as to be treated equally, without that high school drama! – less
Shoppers Drug Mart Summary
Cashier, Cosmetics, Merchandiser (Former Employee), Pickering and Ajax, OntarioFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: helping the customers with their needs
Cons: unreasonable customers
A typical day at work would be either working the cash register and ringing people through, working in cosmetics and assisting people with their cosmetic needs, or going to the floor and bringing out stock and organizing the shelves.

I learned that all people are different and you can never judge a book by its cover. Many customers would walk in the door and are categorized and we assume they have certain needs yet what we think a customer is coming into the store for may be completely different from what they appear to desire.

The management is very strict and require certain daily tasks to be required. I like having strict management because it ensures that no one is slacking within the workplace and therefore everyone is doing their part in order to keep the store organized.

My co-workers and I did not communicate very much while working because there were multiple tasks to complete and so many customers in a day that there was no time to talk amongst ourselves. When workers were on break we may have talked about our weekends and such, but a lot of people in the workplace kept to themselves.

The hardest part of the job was working over nights. We were given tasks that we had to struggle to finish and I had to organize the shelves while helping customers as they were a lot of customers even throughout all hours of the night.

The most enjoyable part of the job was in cosmetics where you could give people self esteem. Many customers came into the store very self-conscious and would explain to us their personal issues that took away their confidence. Whether it was makeup, – more... body cream, or hair products; we were able to make the customers feel amazing again and it was an incredible feeling to put a smile on the customers faces. – less
A great place to work, wonderful people and customers.
Supervisor / Cashier (Current Employee), Delta, British ColumbiaOctober 18, 2012
Pros: truly wonderful staff to work with
Cons: shift work with short turnarounds.
I am truly grateful for the opportunity I had to be employed at Shoppers Drug Mart. Every day I would come in to a welcoming friendly environment; staff and customers alike. As a supervisor I would have my duties of maintaining staff breaks as well as cash duties throughout the day.

I feel at this time that I am ready to push ahead and learn something new. I always enjoy challenging myself to go further into a job and not just stay stagnant in a position where I have taken all I can from a position. However, every day was a new one, and the learning curve never ended.

Our store was a small family. We rely on each other for support. We spend days together inside as well as outside of the workplace. Social outings were frequent with staff members, including our managers. Everyone has a bond with each other that goes beyond a co-worker status.

Our store is located in a small city where mostly everyone knows everyone. It truly is wonderful having that connection with customers. However there is also the downfall of that circumstance. The difficulty of the job was really trying to satisfy every unsatisfied customer to the best of our ability possible; which thankfully did not happen frequently. I am very thankful for the customers that our store receives. They become regulars, which in turn become family or friend like, which makes not so great days turn around.

I would have to say the greatest part of the position was really seeing our customers daily that make my day. Everyone asks me why I am always smiling and in a seemingly great mood. I tell them, it's because I love my – more... customers. Simple as that. No one should see if I am having a bad day, and luckily my customers make that much easier. – less
Busy
Cashier / Customer service (Former Employee), Squamish BCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: candy in lunch room, friendly staff
Cons: breaks cut short or forgotten
When I first started off working at shoppers I thought I would love it, everyone seemed really friendly and I was excited to get started..
After about four weeks working there I realized I still hadn't received my first pay cheque so I asked my supervisor why this must be, she told me to wait and I was reassured I would have one next time. On the sixth week I awaited for my pay cheque.. still nothing then I went to my manager and told her.. so she replied with a remark as such "we must have forgot". The following day I was brought to the pharmacy where they paid me in cash (I did not receive a pay stub) and I was only paid half of what I earned and was told the rest would come in my next pay cheque. The following week I finally received my pay check.

Another time I was working the midnight shift and had been scheduled to work at 7AM the next morning, I asked my supervisors about this and she said that was correct.. So I showed up and worked until 1PM utterly exhausted (no sleep) and was told to go home by my manager and I was scheduled by mistake.

One supervisor would always take my lunch break and sometimes would forget to even let me go on a break until up to an hour later or not at all.

Most staff was very friendly and I got along with profoundly while others didn't talk and were rude with judgemental characteristics, work environment was decent but easily avoidable mistakes were made.

Some supervisors were lovely people and would offer me rides home when I worked midnight shifts.

I know for a fact I was not trained properly with lottery and proper codes which was frustrating. – more...

I would not recommend working at Shoppers Drug Mart. – less
My Shoppers Drug Mart Experience
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 14, 2013
Pros: the young staff.
Cons: lack of respect by management
Mornings: Count safe, get tills together, put RX, Photo, relief cashier, cosmetics tills out. then i would put mine & my morning cashiers lotto together. I normally would have to work as the Cashier for the first hour (8-9am). I would normally go for break @ 9am, then i would start doing the deposit. once the deposit was done. I started releaving my cosmetician, photo person, and cashier for there breaks. As a supervisor your job is to help put stock out, and merchandise the front. in the middle of the afternoon normally around 2pm you get the evening supervisors till ready to go, and cash your till out, making sure everything balances for the evening supervisor including the safe.

Evening: Count safe, releave cosmetician, and cashier for there breaks. Normally i had to be the photo person in the evening due to shortage in hours. So i would be the merchandiser, photo lead, supervisor, and management half the time. At the end of your shift, you count the safe, cash out Rx, Photo, Cosmetics, relief cashier, yourself, and the cashier. Once your done you run the End of Day.

I learned how to be patient with your fellow coworkers, as some are slower learners then others. I learned how to love your job even when time's get rough.

My coworkers for the most part were awesome. I made so many good relationships, my cash manager was one of the most charasmatic, honest, caring person i have ever met. She honestly is what every manager should be like.

The management team sucked. I had alot of problems with the new assistant manager, as she came from Portage Place and was not the most – more... friendly person in the world.

The hardest part of my job was trying to get along with people you can't tolerate.

The most enjoyable part of my job had to be the barbeques we had, and water fights out in the back parking lot on our breaks. We had a fantastic group of young people working @ Shoppers Main & Red River. I loved it there, and till this day, miss it! – less
Moderate paced with moderate - heavy workload
Merchandiser, Cashier, Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: 30% discount off regular priced items
Cons: No full time hours
Shoppers Drug Mart has been my highest achievement thus far, regarding my ability to prove my worth and earn my keep. a typical day at Shoppers included ensuring all store areas were tidy and exceeding expectations, product availability, customer service, FIFO (Rotation of Stock), and making sure that there was a product flow from Overstock to the Sales Floor to the customer. Ergo, upselling or "spotlighting" products based on popularity or product(s) being on sale.
I learned how to organize my time and prioritize my duties so I could estimate a timeframe to complete my tasking(s).
Management was inefficient when it came to honouring policies and procedures and made some work difficult to complete. However, such anomalies forced many of my co-workers to work together and find new ways to maintain our stores goals.
My co-workers were very friendly and happy to help each other.
The most difficult part of the job was when we were over-tasked and being pressured by our supervisors to complete everything in an unrealistic time.
My favourite part of the job was on Fridays when we took down our sales flyer. Either all or selected merchandisers would take down the sale tags (talkers). this job required exceptional attention to detail as the tags would range in font size and could be hidden behind floorstands, products and accompanied by later dated talkers.
Multi tasking required
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: fast paced, customer oriented, clean, friendly co-workers.
Cons: low pay, low hours, conflict with management.
A typical day at work for Shoppers Drug Mart meant a lot of different things. I: ran a cash register processing orders with cash, credit or debit, Kept a tidy work space, Assisted other departments with whatever duty was requested (organizing mail, organizing stock, shopping with elderly customers), stocked shelves near cash as well as throughout the store, tore up stickers for sales, completed daily customer assistance (walking around store offering assistance, promoting goods within store), and gathered carts from outside.

I learned that you need to be able to multitask in a job like this. Be able to assist a customer and have them know your focusing on them, while checking the cart, tearing up stickers and so on. I learned that if you do not know the answer, ask for help as it is the best option for the company and customer.

My management and I had a few conflicts of interest within my time at Shoppers, so I will not comment on them. However, my co-workers were very helpful, willing to assist, understanding of my speed and reassuring.

The hardest part of the job was assisting back in the receiving room. A lot of heavy items being processed very quickly. The most enjoyable part was being out on the floor helping customers find what they needed and promoting goods.
FSM of high volume Drug/Food Store.
Front Store Manager (Current Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 1, 2012
Pros: busy store, great team, i live close to work.
Cons: would like to work in western canada (bc) to be closer to family.
A typical day at work for me would be to make sure in the morning that the store is ready for opening and standards are set throughout the store. e-mail and web notifications would be checked as well a system's maintenance. After a store check a list of things to do would be communicated and delegated in order of priority. Labour for the day previous and wtd would be checked and schedule adjusted if necessary. Event and Seasonal purchasing, planograms, dc orders (to be sent or put up), DSD orders,low stock reports and low stock fill's including cycle counting and credits. Over-see all departments including some audits ie Receiving, H&S, LP, Cash office, Post Office. Refrigeration checks, cleaning and last but not least, Customer Service!
Being a hands on manager and leading by example is very important to me. The staff that I work with are competant and for the most part work very well as a team.
I also enjoy the family like atmosphere that has been created at work.
The hardest part about my job is maintaining constant stock levels due to our high volume sales and lack of holding power on the sale floor. I believe we have a good system in place for replenishment and recovery after major events.
Undervalued and Underappreciated
Supervisor/Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: employee discount, employees (not management)
Cons: poor management, head office unrealistic expectations, pay
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great company when I first started working there seven years ago. Unfortunately, I've now come to realize employees are under appreciated and undervalued at all Shoppers Drug Mart (my experience from two different locations - Seven years at one location and another year at both locations). I first came on as a cashier and within a year, advanced to a Supervisor and have been a Supervisor since while working as cashier, pharmacy assistant and cosmetician, so I guess you can say I have extensive knowledge as an employee. However, in my years as a supervisor I only received a raise twice, first at the beginning and then an increase of not even a dollar five years prior. In my tenure at Shoppers Drug Mart, I had caught three employees stealing, worked shifts within every department when needed and been threatened by customers for following store policies. All I ever received in recognition was verbal appreciation which I am grateful for but being rewarded for my loyal service and dedication to the company with long-term benefits would have been a million times better.
Head Office expects you to also follow policies when dealing with customers and when customers call to complain that an employee was following these policies, they don't ever back up the employee letting the customer get away with what they want.
If it wasn't for the people I worked with and built relationships with, I would have left this company years ago.
Friendly environment, lots of work to do, responsibilities given.
Photo Lab Manager/Key Holder/Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: daily learning, excellent boss, fast workday, staff discount
Cons: getting called in the night for security system alarm, ownership to co-workers for jobs incomplete
Everyday I had a responsibility in making sure the area I managed was updated and clean. This pharmacy was very particular in regards to signage and cleanliness (thank goodness) it was a franchise and detail had to be very accurate to the other stores. I learned time management very quickly and how to deal with students and scheduling hours around them. I was required to do many jobs in the store from being a key-holder for the responsibility of opening and closing of the store to unloading the dairy truck, scheduling staff, covering front cash for lunches/call ins, customer service, supervising, theft prevention, trouble shooting on the photo printing machine, working with sales people, stocking shelves, checking and rotating expiry dates from band-aides to sour cream, lastly doing a full product line change or season change. These jobs were required of me on a daily basis and sometimes there were not enough hours in the work day.
My co-workers were great, we all got along and were there to help one another. The drama was very low-key and the owner made sure she knew everyone personally. The owner was a wonderful person to work for.
Great environment to work in the co-workers are all very nice and intelligent.
Front Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 18, 2013
Pros: you get a discount in any shoppers
Cons: dealing with angry people
Everyday at work I am responsible to get certain things done on certain days. For example; on a Monday afternoon shift after I have gotten onto a cash and put my till in I am responsible to check the lottery clean off all the other cash registers and the floors, make sure all the returns get put into a basket so a supervisor can put them away, and put away all the new stock that has been shipped to the store. The most important thing that I learned from this job would be that dealing with people/customers on a daily basis is the kind of career that I would be looking towards in the future. The management of the store is very good I did not have much interaction with management the only interaction was with my supervisor and sometimes the store manager if he/she needed assistance with something. The co-workers at Shoppers were amazing it was like a family we were all friendly and it was a very happy environment. I would say the hardest part of the job would be trying to not take the mean and grumpy customers comments personally. If they are mean to you they probably just had a rough day and needed to let it out onto someone and unfortunately that person can be me. The most enjoyable part of my job would be talking to a variety of different people and getting the customers who have had a very good day who want to share their happiness with everyone they meet.
Great atmosphere and I felt respected. When I made a mistake I wasn't looked at as a set back to the supervisors which made me feel comfortable.
Cashier (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMay 16, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: sometimes too many hours, and sometimes not enough.
A typical day at work would start around 5pm and end around 10pm. I would bring customers through my till with a welcoming greeting, small talk when necessary and I treated my customers with respect.

I learned that no matter how difficult your customer may be, you always have to try your hardest to complete the task that they ask of you and have a supervisor or manager come to my assistance when needed.

My co-workers were always very welcoming and accepting. They all had positive attitudes which made that atmosphere of Shopper's Drug Mart so much fun.

The hardest part of my job was handling a customers that had a million lottery tickets to check because the line would become long and customers would start getting annoyed. Some customers sometimes decide to leave if the line is too long which was sometimes discouraging but the cashiers and I did the best we could to accomodate all the customers needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having a conversation with a customer that got us both laughing and having a good time. I would still be doing my job and packing their groceries but I tried to make their experience the best so that next time they would want to come back to my till. Another enjoyable part was closing with the supervisors. We got to laugh at some of the struggles we had during the shift and had fun closing the store down together.
Encouraging, friendly and supportive place to work
Full-time Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 25, 2012
Pros: the opportunity to move forward within a company
Cons: high district demands
I worked with Shoppers for about 3 years where I have experienced many different job positions within the company. During my tenancy within Shoppers I had started out as a basic cashier, worked my way up to cash supervisor where I held major reasonability including, but not limited to, confirming and creating daily cash deposits from the previous day, supervising an entire store team of 10-20 people depending on the day, and training new employees. Soon after I had conquered this position, I had decided to explore different departments of the store, starting with cosmetics, and finding the most enjoyment as a lead merchandiser, where my responsibilities included, but were not limited to, organizing the stores stock, renovating the store, rotating appropriately,creation of important sales reports and entering daily productivity reports into the computer systems. I enjoyed experiencing all different areas of a big company, and learning how each department works so differently from each other. What i enjoyed the most about Shoppers was the ability to always move forward within the company as i continued to learn more and more about the store and the companies responsibilities on a regular basis. The hardest part about the job was attempting to meet the high demands and sales profits that the district management set for us. Overall I really enjoyed working with Shoppers, but feel it is time for new challenges and opportunites to further my career path.
Good team, great management, long over night hours.....
Merchandiser/cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2014
Pros: 7 nights on 7 nights off
Cons: sleep never felt like rest
The night starts at 9:45 first we count our cash trays then relieve the evening cashiers.
In between serving customers professionally and courteously,calling in back up cashiers and supervisors as needed,
I would empty the garbages refill the flyer and basket stands
and organize the returns from the day to put on the shelf later
I would start facing( making the store look neat and tidy) in the area near the till until the Night Security Guard would arrive at 11:00PM
Once able I would then go around the store starting with the beauty boutique(because that section of the store locked up from 12AM until 8AM) and record certain numbers for security purposes.
After completion of this task I would begin facing each aisle in the store. While being called to the till by the security guard whenever I had a customer to serve.
After taking my hour break from 4-5AM I would start the lottery.
Get the garbage to the back finish any unfinished returns or facing.
I learned to manage my time effectively
I liked working the nights but it was hard sleeping during the day.
My most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and the staff.
i enjoyed my time there. i value a workplace that values all of it's staff & customers.
cashier ended as assistant manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: great medical benefits, discount
Cons: long hours, no real recognition for achievements
a typical day started with covering post office break, then covering front cash break. do category fills in over-the-counter health products, baby care and whatever else needed to be filled. i ran a till when needed, covered post office lunch and last break. sold lotto & redeemed winning tickets. handled customer complaints & refunds. most of the other staff were very nice to work with. the hardest part of my job was getting both staff & customers to understand that some things can't be changed no matter how much we would like to change them;such as policies regarding returns or item limits. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping people find the items they needed & sometimes being able to help them find a solution for a totally different issue. management seems to have trouble seperating friendship from work life. i was able to work with both of my daughters without any issues arising because i am able to seperate work from home and feel that it is an important skill for management to have.
a fun place to work with great discounts, and benifits
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2012
Pros: 30% off everything in store, and medical benifits if your a full time employee
Cons: can sometime work you too hard
A the beginning a typical work day was to stay in the cosmetics department, greet everyone who enters the store, and help customers find the best products for their specific needs. I would also apply makeup and do skin consultations. When management gave me more responsibility, i would also stock shelves, pull expired products from the shelves, and face products. As well as run the Photo department where i was in charge of taking passport photos, and developing pictures for customers. I learned how to withhold large amount of information about product knowledge with cosmetics, and how to work quickly and efficiently with merchandising and the photo lab. Management was very helpful, and extremely easy to talk to, and helped me through many life issues. The co-workers were all very nice once i got to know them, the store seemed to be quite segregated from department to department, i dint really get to know anyone outside of cosmetics until i started working in other areas of the store. The hardest part of my job was keeping an eye open for shoplifters, and dealing with them in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job, was playing with all the makeup and skin care lines.
Great work atmosphere and rewarding job.
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee), Kitchener, OnJune 14, 2013
Pros: staff discount and awesome co-workers
Cons: the pay
Ive had a blast so far working with Shoppers. EVERYONE is amazing at my store! The associate is a brilliant, friendly and helpful pharmacist!
I wanted to get into pharmacy as I have a technician diploma. The FSM took the time to interview me and hire me even tho no spots were available in the pharmacy. I had started off just merchandising, trained on cash, then, 2 months later I was promoted to front store supervisor.
I had never worked a retail job in my life (Im 21) and I love being a supervisor and managing cash duties and breaks, and being there for my staff. Quite honestly I could care less about going into pharmacy, thats how much I LOVE supervising, both morning deposits, and night closing shifts.
I had many odd shifts in pharmacy and they were all nothing but unrewarding, stressful, and unenjoyable for me. My biggest complaint is that I feel extremely undervalued by how little I am paid, no difference whatsoever from going from merchandising to supervising, even in pharmacy which is usually $3/hour more than I am paid. I get my base rate from when i came off probation for every hat I wear in the store. Its just barely enough to get by from pay to pay. :(
Headquarters