Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive sometimes
Cosmetician (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: free launches
Cons: old annoying people
work was fun sometimes and I learned a lot about make up even though I don't wear it. my management was the best they were so chill.
Great for Multitask Individuals
Front Store and Cash Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule with personal life
Cons: Long hours, not for those who cannot handle the stress of long busy hours
Everyday there are slow periods, and fast periods. Handling customers who are visiting from around the world. Must be able to adapt to change in business, great place to develop your operational management skills.
Great Work Place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 21, 2015
I loved working at shoppers, I typical was working with customers and the employees throughout most of my shifts. Between cashing cashiers off, cover break, counting cash, answering phone calls, and dealing with the pharmacy I was usually pretty busy.
very good work environment with lots of fun
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2015
Pros: benefits and discounts
Cons: haven't found any yet
Shoppers provide a fun and friendly work environment. I love the co-workers and we are more like a family. It gets really busy at times but we work as a team to ensure nobody is burdened too much. Everybody is so friendly that its hard to get bored at work.
Management was horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I worked at Upper Ottawa and Mohawk shoppers for over a year and it was not anything that's I expected. The management wasn't the greatest and supervisors were all bullies, along with the manager. Constant gossip and rudeness. One supervisor would yell at employees AND customers. She would smoke in front of the doors on her break. She was always yelling and saying rude things to people. Tasks were expected to be completed in an unrealistic time frame. Hours were ridiculous. I was constantly called in for 3 hour shifts. And when I worked until midnight, the other cashier was done at 7 or 8 on the BUSIEST promotion days. The only thing I like about this place was I would walk to work. Other than that, this place was so horrible and I will never recommend anybody to work for this store.
Great co-workers, everyone is very considerate and friendly
Part-time Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), oshawaApril 18, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: busy busy busy
I love my job at shoppers drug mart as a pharmacy assistant, I am a student as well and my boss offers me available hours around my school schedule which is great. everyone is very friendly and welcoming, it is a very comfortable and positive environment to work in.
Productive and customer oriented
Cosmetician & Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 18, 2015
- Busy most days
- Learned cosmetic and dermatology knowledge
- Attended to each customers needs promptly and effectively
Not Bad
Supervisor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 17, 2015
Not Bad, depends on location, management team and owner. A better pay would sufficient for the amount of work expected.
Nonsensical work place terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), 260 queen street westApril 16, 2015
No shifts alot of cashier just put on standby. Never enough hours and hard time getting management to listen to your requests.
Great place to interact with people
Retail/Stock Person (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 16, 2015
Pros: 30% off anything in the store, was working with great people.
Cons: sick people coming in and out of the store, working graveyard shift, nagging customers
-Co-workers were great
-Management was awesome
-hardest part of my job would be difficult customers
-I really enjoyed organizing the shelves and cleaning
-I learned to interact more with people, as I was a very shy girl
Wonderful place to work at. Both management and staff members are very approachable and friendly. Highly recommended.
Contracts Administrator, IT Vendor Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2015
fun workplace and great staff
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), NLApril 14, 2015
stocking and receiving product both day shift and overnights. enjoyed the staff and atmosphere. rotating all over the counter stock and unloading freight before receiving.
Amazing place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: sometimes they bring food for all employes
Cons: Some busy time hard to take even lunch time, we take turns
Shopper Drug Mart is amazing place to work Nice and clean ,friendly environment,always ready to help,caring. The most hard part of the job is when receive a fake prescription. I enjoy the working with my co-workers,we always standing beside each other.
Multi tasking job
Cashier, merchandiser, supervisor, postal clerk (Former Employee), Terrace, BCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Learning more than one area of the store.
Cons: Having to juggle all sections of the store on a daily basis.
A typical day at work would be being a cashier for part of the day,
and the rest of the day as a merchandiser.

On the odd day I would be a supervisor for the cashiers.
I would make sure everyone was doing their tasks for the day.
Making sure everyone had enough money in their tills.
Answer questions the customers had on merchandise and the prices on sale items.
Fixing any problems that might happen on the tills.
And I would cash out the cashiers and the store at the end of the day.
Plus help with putting out the merchandise, and putting up sale talkers.

I helped run the photo department.
Developing film and taking passport photos.
Answering any questions they might have on camera's.

For close to a year I was also acted as relief for the post office in the store.

I learned to juggle lots of different jobs.
The best part of the job would be the people I worked with,
they were like family.
Very intense place to work at
Delivery Manager, PMO (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2015
Cons: very intense
Very high pressure place to work at. If you have a good team its also a fun place to be. At the end of the day you do feel satisfied at what you have accomplished.
cashier and customer service
Customer Service Rep- Cashier (Current Employee), Fort ErieApril 7, 2015
Pros: the discount
Cons: management
personally I've learned a lot being with shoppers drug mart, starting from counting tills, to refunds, to stock, to overall customer service

the management was ok

the most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting more people from my community
Flexibililty
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: operational hours
I have stayed at Shoppers as long as I have because of the flexibility it has for scheduling. It's fast paced and very demanding.
Moderate paced with moderate - heavy workload
Merchandiser, Cashier, Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: 30% discount off regular priced items
Cons: No full time hours
Shoppers Drug Mart has been my highest achievement thus far, regarding my ability to prove my worth and earn my keep. a typical day at Shoppers included ensuring all store areas were tidy and exceeding expectations, product availability, customer service, FIFO (Rotation of Stock), and making sure that there was a product flow from Overstock to the Sales Floor to the customer. Ergo, upselling or "spotlighting" products based on popularity or product(s) being on sale.
I learned how to organize my time and prioritize my duties so I could estimate a timeframe to complete my tasking(s).
Management was inefficient when it came to honouring policies and procedures and made some work difficult to complete. However, such anomalies forced many of my co-workers to work together and find new ways to maintain our stores goals.
My co-workers were very friendly and happy to help each other.
The most difficult part of the job was when we were over-tasked and being pressured by our supervisors to complete everything in an unrealistic time.
My favourite part of the job was on Fridays when we took down our sales flyer. Either all or selected merchandisers would take down the sale tags (talkers). this job required exceptional attention to detail as the tags would range in font size and could be hidden behind floorstands, products and accompanied by later dated talkers.
very busy store
Supervisor/Front end customer service (Current Employee), cornwall, ontarioApril 2, 2015
Pros: good staff discount
Cons: not enough staff coverage at times
very busy at times especially on seniors day
i learned a lot especially time management
love my boss
co-workers are great
hardest part of the job are rude customers
enjoyable part of the job is seeing my new hires succeed
No advancement opportunities and poor wages.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Various TorontoApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good learning environment
Cons: Unappreciated and underpaid
i was a Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy Technician for nearly 15 years. During my time there, I did have the opportunity to learn a lot of things however, once I became proficient and had the ability to train others the problems began. I worked for several associates during this time and was asked repeatedly to train new or less experienced staff which I was more than happy to do. Unfortunately after I trained the staff so that they were able to work in the pharmacy independently I would conveniently be given a non-causal dismissal. I feel that my contributions and experience were not appreciated. What a slap in the face. To train, develop and help strengthen the pharmacy team only to be let go once complete. It's an okay job but I wouldn't recommend it as a career

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more